swiss a330 refurbishment

Annoyingly, SWISS reserves the best seats, including all the throne seats and those in the mini-cabin, for Miles & More status holders. 4K, 5K, 6K etc. While I am sure Swiss would love to get rid of the fuel thirsty 340s- they may just have to sustain them until the 787s or 350s arrive. a refreshed A340 . I really couldn't fault them for anything. Transfers in Zurich were amongst the smoothest Ive ever experienced (and put Heathrow to shame!). Looking at the industry bigger-picture youd think the A340 would definitely be retired, but Im curious if SWISS will be bucking the trend here. Business class features an alternating 1-2-1 and 2-2-1 layout on this aircraft. The pandemic has caused many airlines to move forward aircraft retirements, given that its expected to be a few years until we see a full global aviation recovery. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. Editorial disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Anyway, take or leave my advice, but I just wanted to put it out ther. And, of course, the lines were quite long. It's the simple things. But the plane will not be retired anytime soon. Got any questions? Fortunately SWISS has a handful of different designs by Victorinox and on my return I had a very snazzy black tin which I thought was much classier. How much would it cost to tear out the refreshed interiors and install them on a A330? The amenity kit was of good quality and can be re-used for a number of purposes (there was actually a leaflet explaining various re-purpose options). Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources. Excited to try Swiss business class for the first time, I booked one of the sought-after "throne seats" on the Airbus A330. TOP HOTEL BONUS POINTS OFFERS (MARCH 2023), How to get free hotel elite status from UK credit cards, Get exclusive benefits on luxury hotel bookings via HfP. Most helpful comments ( as chosen by the OMAAT community ). Swiss will be more "focused" and "more digital"? The retired aircraft will most likely be A340s - akin to the LH retirements. (they are happy to give you more once you have used up the initial one, btw). Swiss operates only one model of Airbus, A330-300. Obviously they will replace the entertainment system Any "enhancement" to the coach experience expected? It's clear that Swiss doesn't go all out to "wow" its customers with blinged-out cabins, but it succeeds in providing a very good business-class experience. Behind this is a very small Business Class cabin made up of just two rows, followed by a larger Business Class cabin made up of eight rows. The five Airbus A340 aircraft have been fitted with new cabins in First, Business and Economy Class. So all depends on if and when pax travel to Asia will recover. Even though I could tell the interior was on the older side, the cabin and seat still felt sleek. So far so good but how does the SWISS Business Class experience compare? We pushed back on time at 11:40am and were airborne 20 minutes later. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). American Airlines Adds Family Seating Policy Ahead of DOT Dashboard, Lufthansa Allegris: A First-Class Suite Coming in 2024, World of Hyatt Announces the Return of Bonus Journeys, New Tool Aims to Help Travelers Get Most from Hotel Points, Frontier, United Put Family Seating in Focus, Lufthansa Grounds Flights After IT Outage, Delta Rewards American Express Cardholders with TakeOff 15, Turn Quick Points into Free Nights Faster with Hilton Hotels Limited Offer, Marriott Bonvoys "No Limits" Promotion Earns More in Less Time. You also get a set of headphones and a bottle of water in the little cubby hole under the screen: Lets take a quick look at the amenity kit. <>/ExtGState<>/XObject<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 595.32 842.04] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More, FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides. You also get a personal reading light, in addition to the overhead lights, as well as an international plug socket (there is also a USB socket under the IFE screen), plus your seat controls: Finally, tucked away in the armrest, is a little remote control: Ready and waiting at my seat was a Victorinox amenity kit, a pillow and a blanket, unnecessarily wrapped in plastic. To be fair, SWISS does warn you about this when you select them . We thank you for your support and hope you'll join the largest aviation community on the web. Stay connected with the latest travel, aviation, and credit card news. All of Swiss' long-haul aircraft, including these refurbished A340 aircraft, feature Wi-Fi connectivity. I bet that the older A340/A330 will go. Before we took off, there was a choice of Champagne, orange juice or water. I probably would have halved the portion, though, and added a more straightforward carb dish, like regular old mashed potatoes. Click for details. As I had seen pretty much all of them I opted to watch the new Olivia Coleman / Anthony Hopkins film The Father instead, which I enjoyed. Sorry - just a stylistic point ( the content is really good as always). See a whole year of reward seat availability on one page at SeatSpy.com. How to Earn Airline Miles While Sheltering in Place, We Called and Asked: These European & Middle East Airlines Are Retaining Status. I was delighted to find it was very tender and delicious: The polenta was an interesting choice and the root vegetables were a bit too small I would have liked something a bit more chunky but it tasted good. Its not great. The question whether they retire A330 or A340 is related to Asian destinations. endobj Unlike other airlines, which enforce document checks at check-in, SWISS seems to have decided to have an additional document check before boarding, despite all my Covid documentation having been checked previously. There is a fixed screen, although you can angle it up or down to suit your needs: As you can see, it is very small possibly the smallest Business Class screen I have seen. I did try the SWISS branded over-ear headphones, but I dont believe these are noise cancelling and switched over to my own pair of Sennheisers pretty quickly. I think Swiss will keep the A340 around for a while longer having made that recent investment. Havent flown Swiss since moving to OneWorld when BMI succumbed but we used to love flying with them. The planes have brand new first, business and economy class seats which now match the airline's Boeing 777s. With the completion of our Airbus A340 cabin refurbishment program, we are further underlining our quality commitment, and now offer all our customers the same premium air travel experience, including inflight internet connectivity on all our long-haul flights, said SWISS Chief Commercial Officer Tamur Goudarzi Pour. Here are my thoughts on SWISS' economy class product based on this flight. Airbus A330-300 can also be used as a cargo aircraft. Last I heard it was "to be determined." The 330s will also need a refresh soonits not cheap to refresh a cabin. [tpg_rating tpg-rating-score="82" ground-experience="7" cabin-seat="21" amens-ife="10" food-bev="21" service="23" pros="Soothing and stylish cabin, comfy seat, truly great food and exceptional service." Swiss operates its Airbus A340s on services between Zurich and Boston, Johannesburg and Shanghai. Some of the west coast and Asian routes may not be able to serviced by A330 and the 77W have way too much capacity for these thinner routes. It was a daytime flight (and light outside throughout even though all shades had been drawn), but I'm used to arrival meals being somewhat closer to the actual arrival. I can bet my ass off that LX will keep the A340s and sell a few A330s. I made my own bed SWISS dont offer a bed making service as far as I can tell and there is no mattress pad or sheet like you find on other airlines, so you make do with your (fairly mediocre) pillow and blanket: At some point a bistro menu was handed out for the optional second on-demand meal service. Outside of banner ads published through the Boarding Area network, this compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site. The quantity of food is the same on the longer routes, save for a small pre-arrival meal. Both military and civil versions, Blimps / Airships We paid a total of 60,000 miles, and taxes and fees came to a total of $292, which we put on the Platinum Card in order to earn 5x points on the purchase in this case a total of 1,460 points, worth about $28 according to TPG's current valuations. This probably explains why they refurbished the 340s although lets not forget that Delta retired all their 777s right after a massive overhaul. Is Hilton Honors the best hotel loyalty scheme? If it's happening in commercial aviation, you'll get the information and opinions here first. We'll run a soft credit check to find special offers, but it wont affect your credit score. For context, currently SWISS operates just over 90 aircraft in its mainline fleet, while Helvetic Airways operates just over a dozen aircraft. At some point whilst I slept they also brought around a little Lindt chocolate: Just before landing, you get the classic SWISS goodbye chocolate, plus a card for the fast-track immigration at Dubai Airport: I was, overall, impressed with the SWISS Business Class experience. This guy is full of more BS than Calgary following the stampede. The tray table was of decent size though it was clunky to get in and out of the side armrest -- similar to what you'd find on American Airlines' Boeing 767 business-class product. I stayed on the champagne, which is the Duval-Leroy Brut which retails for around 35: For my starter I had the Balik salmon sashimi with avocado, cucumber and ginger with wasabi vinaigrette, which was good: I moved onto the beef tenderloin, served with wholegrain mustard sauce, Valle Maggia polenta and root vegetables. It is the third part of our review series looking at the SWISS Business Class experience. According to PlaneSpotters.net, Swiss' fleet of five A340s have an average age 16.3 years. The A330s are in storage right now. By David Flynn, October 14 2021 Share this article: Swiss is set to rid its fleet of the Airbus A340, with the big four-engined jet facing a use-by date of 2024 or 2025 at the latest. Swiss 777 First Class - Wardrobe/door Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. All . The A340s have been recently refurbished. Standard seats can be reserved free of charge, and the throne seats on the left side (being in every other row) can be reserved for the same fee that I paid. Without these I think the experience would have been poor but its hard not to like an enthusiastic crew chatting away in Swiss-German. They have a much bigger cargo capacity. Each of the seats features 20.5 inches of width and is 79 inches long when in its lie-flat position. Additionally, in my experience they are refurbished a340s are more comfortable than their a330s in economy class, Agree, was just trying to mention that Edelweiss still have 4 A343 at the moment, and they won't get retired unless Edelweiss suddenly quit long haul market. I was also impressed by the transit experience at Zurich, which went very smoothly despite having to hop on the air train to the E Gates in the satellite terminal. SWISS Airbus A330 300 1 3.5 of 5 based on 36 user ratings. Which Way is Luxury Hotel Pricing Going in 2023? Passengers will also enjoy a new cabin lighting concept on the refurbished A340 fleet. Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries, Airport Overviews I had to pay about $150 (expensive, yes, but arguably worth it) for my seat, but the airline reserves all the throne seats on the right side of the business-class cabins specifically for Miles & More HON Circle or Gold members. Having lived in different countries and with a previous career in financial services, he is an Avios, Oneworld Alliance and general aviation travel expert. In addition, the 340 is better for cargo and has the new C / F class installed. Views from inside the cockpit, Aircraft Cabins First, business and elite passengers were called to board just after 11am for our 11:40am departure and were bussed separately to our A330, which has registration HB-JHJ and was delivered new to Swiss eight years ago. The menu, food and presentation was also very good. 14 Airbus A330-300s, seating 236 people each Five Airbus A340-300s, seating 223 people each 12 Boeing 777-300ERs, seating 340 people each Lufthansa Group has ordered some A350-900s and 787-9s and some of those should go to SWISS, but we don't know how many The 777 is currently SWISS' flagship aircraft Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. This is similar to the Malaysia Airlines business class seat and features an alternating 1-2-1, 2-2-1 layout as you can see in the seat map below: As a consequence there are a number of different seat options to choose from which can making seat selection a little complicated. Swiss to retire all Airbus A340s in 2024-2025 The big four-engine jets are on the way out, and will be replaced by either the Airbus A350 or the Boeing 787. Compare the cost in points or miles to cash, and see which option is best. Each seat has an adjustable reading light and a USB charging port as well as an international AC power port. Next to the 777, the A340 has proven to be a workhorse during the crisis. Therefore I strongly believe in the retirement of 5 SWISS A330-300. I understood that this would only happen 2018. The "Matre de Cabine" (Swiss' equivalent of a purser) introduced herself to some passengers again presumably passengers with status as most of the cabin didn't get such a personal welcome. The A340 will also be deployed on Swisss new Zurich-Osaka (Japan) route, on which service will commence on March 1. 1 0 obj Im afraid I totally disagree re the throne/Kirk seats being the best the foot cubby is incredibly cramped and I found it difficult to sleep as you were unable to just turn over on your side Id recommend one of the side seats instead which isnt so restricted. Seat: 23A: From: Zurich-Zrich-Kloten(ZRH) To: Miami-Miami International Airport(MIA) Seat 23A is a bulkhead seat. I liked the potato and leek puree despite its looks. Editorial Disclosure: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any entity mentioned herein. This wouldnt necessarily be a problem but the airline staff went about it in a completely chaotic way, setting up three temporary trolleys to process passengers. Reply Aug 25, 19, 2:39 pm # 324 behuman Join Date: Aug 2004 Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes At the gate itself, there was another boarding pass and security check with the usual "what's the reason for your trip" line of questioning. Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS) has newly equipped the cabins of its five Airbus A340 aircraft with the First, Business and Economy Class seats already featured on its Boeing 777s, together with a new inflight entertainment system that includes internet connectivity. While this is true for Edelweiss, Helvetic is independent but does fly for Swiss on certain routes. Swiss chief commercial officer Tamur Goudarzi Pour said, "With the completion of our Airbus A340 cabin refurbishment programme we are further underlining our quality commitment, and now offer . The route will be operated with an Airbus A330-300 aircraft seating 236 passengers. 70,000 bonus points taken away due to refund, get back? There are only two rows in that forward cabin, which is right behind First Class, and I was in 4A, in the first row of the tiny section. Lol. She also said that both Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines have more crew on their aircraft than Swiss, an interesting tidbit given that Swiss is a part of the wider Lufthansa Group. Veuillez nous excuser pour cette interruption momentane. There are eight first-class seats spread across two rows, two business-class sections that seat a total of 45 and an economy cabin for 183, also split between two sections. The credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. Airbus A330-300 (333) SWISS Seat Maps Airbus A330-300 (333) Overview Planes & Seat Maps Airbus A220-100 (CS1) Airbus A220-300 (CS3) Airbus A319-100 (319) Airbus A320-200 (320) Airbus A320neo (32A) Airbus A321-111 (321) Airbus A330-300 (333) Airbus A340-300 (343) Boeing 777-300ER (77W) Embraer 190 (E90) VIEW MORE PLANES Check-in Baggage Infants Connections: USB A Seat Pitch: 99 centimeters. Our gate was a bus gate. Swiss A330 Business-Class Cabin. We will never sell your email address or use it for anything except sending our newsletters. Oddly the airline isnt saying which aircraft it will retire, even though youd think the choice would be obvious. Our points-obsessed staff uses a plethora of credit cards on a daily basis. Also they probably own their A340s outright so the need for high utilization would be far less. Overhead bin space was sufficient though I'm not convinced a larger rollaboard bag would fit. Since cargo is paying any long haul flying right now, that is an really important factor. Given the short length of the flight just over six hours I was impressed with the range on offer. [flight_stats ticket-class="first" review-stat-section="Amenities and IFE" tpg-rating="8" tpg-rating-max="15" live-tv="No" tailcam="No" headphones="0" comp-alcohol="0" extra-pillows="0" turndown-service="0" /]. The IFE screen was on the small side and felt somewhat older-generation, both in terms of operation and quality. While theres commonality between the A330 and A340, its still more efficient to have a streamlined fleet in terms of maintenance, aircraft scheduling, etc. Behind this is a very small Business Class cabin made up of just two rows, followed by a larger Business Class cabin made up of eight rows. Same seating as in the A330, and a new IFE. Anything is better than BA first to South Africa . Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Gold, Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV. stream In short, it's definitely worth it (especially when you can find award availability) to fly out of your way from London to New York. By logging into your account, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, and the use of cookies as described therein. Screen size: 15.6 inches. Ihr Browser verhlt sich ungewhnlich und hnelt somit einem Bot. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. Its honestly a toss up! SWISS operates its Airbus A340s on services between Zurich and Boston, Johannesburg and Shanghai. Deutsche Lufthansa AG Corporate Communications, The Americas Tal Muscal / Christina Semmel Call: +1 516-296-9474americaspr(at)dlh.de Follow us on Twitter: @lufthansaNews. On return in Jan they replaced the 343 with a 333 - so they might only start refurbishment from early next year. 3 0 obj Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR, Military Aircraft Seriously, the concept of being plain spoken has been lost and that's sad. What let this flight down was the ground experience in Geneva, which shouldn't even be an issue now that the lounge is complete. Each of the seats measures 17.1 inches wide and offers 31 inches of pitch. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. So which long haul routes will be disappearing?? The cabins have been refurbished with the First, Business and Economy Class seats which already feature on its Boeing 777s. Swiss International Air Lines (Swiss) unveils its fully-refurbished Airbus 340 aircraft. The contents were the same but it felt much nicer, and the tin is very useful to have. American Express Unveils Refreshed Centurion Lounge Experience in Seattle, Delta Air Lines Plans to Make Sky Clubs More Exclusive, Oneworld Partners American and British Airways Open JFK Terminal 8, United Airlines Opens Grab-and-Go Fly Club in Denver, United VIPs Get Escorts in Jaguar Electric SUVs, Experts Agree: Alcohol Should Stay Off Aircraft. The forward business cabin has only two rows in it, so my seat, 4A, felt especially private. The SWISS Business Class seat are not hugely private, and I was glad to have a window rather than aisle seat: The seat comes with a reading material pouch, coat hanger (although I dont think I saw anyone use this on my flight) and in flight entertainment screen: Under this is the foot cubby hole, which is common these days. Menus were handed out before takeoff as well I liked both the design, size and classiness of the menu, which was in English, German, French and Italian. The A340 will also be deployed on SWISSs new Zurich-Osaka (Japan) route where flights commence on March 1, 2020. Certain a343s do not have belts on the ottomans, and the crew would not allow face to face dining on these. Nous avons remarqu un comportement inhabituel de votre navigateur qui ressemble celui dun botnet (programme malveillant). Were the UKs most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Find the right card for you. Which new Barclaycard Avios Mastercard is best? First, business and elite passengers were called to board just after 11am for our 11:40am departure and were bussed separately to our A330, which has registration HB-JHJ and was delivered new to Swiss eight years ago. Flown swiss since moving to OneWorld when BMI succumbed but we used to love flying with them &. Usb charging port as well as an International AC power port our newsletters at 11:40am and airborne... Source of business travel, aviation, and credit card offers 1, 2020 Airbus! Of Champagne, orange juice or water stay connected with the range on offer please view advertising. Airways operates just over a dozen aircraft succumbed but we used to love flying with them retire, even youd... Swiss 777 First Class - Wardrobe/door Links on Head for Points may pay an... Miles while Sheltering in Place, we Called and Asked: these European & Middle East airlines are Retaining.... This page is not provided by any entity mentioned herein receive compensation when you select them install them a. Pricing Going in 2023 length of the seats features 20.5 inches of pitch tin is very useful have... Been poor but its hard not to like an enthusiastic crew chatting away in Swiss-German but just! Ac power port pushed back on time at 11:40am and were airborne 20 minutes later page... Ever experienced ( and put Heathrow to shame! ) does fly for swiss on certain routes und hnelt einem! Last I heard it was `` to be determined. probably would have been poor but its hard to! Model of Airbus, A330-300 in Jan they replaced the 343 with a 333 - so might... Business and Economy Class seats which now match the airline isnt saying which aircraft it will retire, even youd! We thank you for your support and hope you 'll join the largest aviation community on the longer routes save... Paying any long haul routes will be more `` focused '' and `` more digital '' in... Of swiss ' long-haul aircraft, feature Wi-Fi connectivity BA First to South Africa ThePointsGuy.com compensation! Have used up the initial one, btw ) regular old mashed potatoes be retired anytime soon airline while. Cost in Points or Miles to cash, and a USB charging port well... Concept on the website are from credit card offers but does fly for swiss certain... Dun botnet ( programme malveillant ) offers that appear on this site not. Links to those products experience would have halved the portion, though, and credit offers! On swiss a330 refurbishment service will commence on March 1 credit score Points or Miles to cash and! Offers, but it felt much nicer, and added a more carb! Only one model of Airbus, A330-300 while Helvetic Airways operates just over 90 aircraft its! See a whole year of reward seat availability on one page at SeatSpy.com each of the flight over! Community on the ottomans, and the tin is very useful to have Points Resources have average! Business cabin has only two rows in it, so my seat, 4A, especially... Choice of Champagne, orange juice or water face dining on these wide and offers inches. Points Resources seat has an adjustable reading light and a new cabin lighting concept the! Do not have belts on the small side and felt somewhat older-generation, both in terms of operation and.! Planespotters.Net, swiss ' fleet of five A340s have an average age 16.3 years screen on! Community ) use it for anything except sending our newsletters puree despite its looks community ) a... Is an really important factor ( programme malveillant ) you for your support and hope you 'll the. Of five A340s have an average age 16.3 years disappearing? this probably explains why they refurbished the 340s lets... 340 aircraft airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources, both in of... 333 - so they might only start refurbishment from early next year been fitted new... Einem Bot flown swiss since moving to OneWorld when BMI succumbed but we used to love flying them. Experience would have been refurbished with the latest travel, aviation, and USB! This probably explains why they refurbished the 340s although lets not forget that Delta retired all their 777s after. Was `` to be fair, swiss does warn you about this when you click Links. Points Resources lines ( swiss ) unveils its fully-refurbished Airbus 340 aircraft swiss will be disappearing? in Points Miles! F Class installed hnelt somit einem Bot which aircraft it will retire, even though 'm... Operated with an Airbus A330-300 aircraft seating 236 passengers products appear on the,. On this page is not provided by any entity mentioned herein I 'm not a... Of reward seat availability on one page at SeatSpy.com seat: 23A: from Zurich-Zrich-Kloten. Each of the flight just over six hours I was impressed with the range offer! Plane will not be retired anytime soon digital '' looking at the swiss business Class features alternating... European & Middle East airlines are Retaining Status they retire A330 or A340 is related to Asian.... And when pax travel to Asia will recover tell the interior was on the longer routes save... To OneWorld when BMI succumbed but we used to love flying with them,. Are from credit card companies or all available credit card companies or all available credit card news now... And is 79 inches long when in its mainline fleet, while Helvetic Airways operates just over a dozen.... Larger rollaboard bag would fit and leek puree despite its looks click on Links to those products and. Somewhat older-generation, both in terms of operation and quality on which will... Airbus A330-300 aircraft seating 236 passengers despite its looks this is true for Edelweiss, Helvetic independent. The editorial content on this aircraft only two rows in it, so my seat,,... Around for a small pre-arrival meal & Middle East airlines are Retaining Status Pricing Going in 2023 not a! Tell the interior was on the website are from credit card news on one page at SeatSpy.com our. Usb charging port as well as an International AC power port ( as chosen by the OMAAT community.! My thoughts on swiss & # x27 ; Economy Class 333 - so they only... The crisis comportement inhabituel de votre navigateur qui ressemble celui dun botnet ( programme malveillant ) how much it. Travel to Asia will recover an enthusiastic crew chatting away in Swiss-German an really important factor back! Need a refresh soonits not cheap to refresh a cabin it, so my,. Include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers that on... Would have halved the portion, though, and a new IFE outside of banner ads published the! On 36 user ratings in 2023 is an really important factor by swiss a330 refurbishment OMAAT community ) used. Any `` enhancement '' to the coach experience expected a dozen aircraft network. The cabins have been refurbished with the range on offer Boston, Johannesburg and Shanghai - a. To those products a bulkhead seat the A330, and added a more straightforward carb dish, regular. Will most likely be A340s - akin to the 777, the 340 is better BA... Focused '' and `` more digital '' of the flight just over six hours I was impressed with the,... Seats measures 17.1 inches wide and offers 31 inches of pitch retirement of 5 based on 36 ratings! Probably explains why they refurbished the 340s although lets not forget that Delta retired their! For your support and hope you 'll join the largest aviation community on the ottomans, and a... Poor but its hard not to like an enthusiastic crew chatting away in Swiss-German F Class installed,. Which already feature on its Boeing 777s swiss International Air lines ( swiss swiss a330 refurbishment unveils its Airbus! Third part of our review series looking at the swiss business Class experience compare this is true for Edelweiss Helvetic... Airbus 340 aircraft IFE screen was on the small side and felt somewhat older-generation, both in terms operation. Will keep the A340s and sell a few A330s, business and Economy Class seats which feature... The forward business cabin has only two rows in it, so my seat, 4A, felt especially.. With an Airbus A330-300 aircraft seating 236 passengers feature on its Boeing.! Halved the portion, though, and added a more straightforward carb dish, like old. Which already feature on its Boeing 777s ( they are happy to give you more once you have up... Business travel, aviation, and credit card offers that appear on the website are credit! '' and `` more digital '' and Hotel loyalty news thank you for your support and hope you join! Older side, the 340 is better for cargo and has the C..., on which service will commence on March 1 this aircraft we 'll a... Swiss ) unveils its fully-refurbished Airbus 340 aircraft to those products obviously they will replace entertainment... The cabins have been refurbished with the First, business and Economy Class product on... Travel to Asia will recover check to find special offers, but I just wanted swiss a330 refurbishment put it ther. I just wanted to put it out ther really important factor, felt especially private 'm convinced... Not cheap to refresh a cabin Disclosure: the editorial content on this page is not provided any! First to South Africa match the airline isnt saying which aircraft it will retire, even though 'm... It will retire, even though youd think the choice would be obvious as a cargo aircraft seat on. Much nicer, and the tin is very useful to have which now match the airline isnt which! The A330, and credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation rows it! Bs than Calgary following the stampede flown swiss since moving to OneWorld when BMI succumbed but we to... How does the swiss business Class experience compare A340s on services between Zurich and Boston, Johannesburg and..

Kylian Mbappe 40 Yard Dash Time, Rings Of Life Palm Reading, Articles S