sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven

Absolutely delicious! With how easy these are to prepare you also have plenty of time to make additional homemade side dishes and even desserts! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Preheat oven to 375F. Season both sides liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. DISCLAIMER: I am not getting paid to promote or use Sweet Baby Rays Sauces. Every oven is a little different. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Remove the chicken from the oven and lightly brush the chicken parts with barbecue sauce. Learn how your comment data is processed. Adjust the sauces to your liking, adding more or less of any of them. Pin this baked bbq chicken recipe to save it for later! For the spicy BBQ chicken drumsticks, just add more pepper or chili powder. If I have the time, I maybe inclined to make a quick barbecue sauce to go with our dinner. Place the chicken on our smoker and let it smoke for about 20 minutes, flipping it half way through cooking. Get rid of the excess skin from the drumsticks. Turn the slow cooker on the high-temperature setting with a cooking time of 2 to 3 hours. Place chicken legs on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Optional top with extra bbq sauce. If its going to be longer, turn the oven down to warm and then return the covered chicken to the oven to stay warm. For some other great chicken recipes try my Taco Chicken, or my Mexican Chicken Marinade. Five minutes. These baked BBQ chicken drumsticks are perfect for those times you are craving BBQ, but dont have the right weather to fire up the grill. I think the extra step is worth it in flavor and in cost. Baked bbq chicken drumsticks is an easy recipe that the whole family will love. We may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. This recipe is definitely a keeper, and If you want to know how long Ive been making this delicious recipe, I use to call it crockpot bbq chicken. Very Good 4.5/5. It can stay frozen for up to 3 months. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. For more details, check out his About page. The chicken is done when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hi, I'm Tara! They are also so easy to prepare that you may just make them even when it is BBQ weather outside! dried oregano 1 tsp. I thought it was good as is. This easy Sweet Baby Rays Chicken is made with the 3 sauces and that is it! Making sure to get both sides. Set drumsticks on a large rimmed baking sheet so they are not touching each other and place in the oven. Keyword: Buffalo wings, wings. Wash and pat dry chicken. Place your chicken in a zip top bag. Next, preheat the oven to 425 degrees while making the rub for the chicken. Spoon about 1/2 of the sauce into a separate bowl for serving. Brush grapeseed oil (2 tbsp) onto a baking pan and lay the chicken parts skin side down onto the baking pan. Slow Cooker BBQ chicken has to be one of the most delicious dishes I prepare using my slow cooker. Adding a little vinegar and mustard makes it Memphis style. Place the chicken in the zip top bag on a plate or in a dish (so it doesnt leak) and then let it marinate in your fridge. We are living in amazing times and a lot is happening with the dining scene. Mix olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne together in a large bowl. Place the chicken in your fridge and let it marinate 6 hours or even overnight. Flip drumsticks, brush with barbeque sauce, and broil until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 3 to 4 more minutes. I prefer using the high-temperature method for chicken. If you are finishing side dishes when the timer goes off, just leave the chicken on the baking sheet and cover it with tin foil to keep the heat in. Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. So many ways to sweet baby ray's. We're always cooking up something new. Remove from oven and brush with barbeque sauce. We love love love our BBQ sauce for chicken. Sprinkle the salt over the tops of the wings. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sweet Baby Ray 's BBQ Sauce Chicken Thighs Olive oil Steak Seasoning or Salt + Pepper Chili Powder Broccoli or Potatoes for the side dish 1 hr, 5m prep Tom Oven Baked cajun BBQ Chicken Legs bbq. Bake again for 30 minutes. Leave it out! If desired, toss with additional barbecue sauce just before serving. People get that and we hope you do too. Then another 25 mins later you'll baste it once more before a quick broil. It is done once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Have you tried this oven baked BBQ chicken recipe? You can use 12 chicken thighs and follow the same directions as below. Bake for 45 minutes. Copyright 2023, Food Folks and Fun. This will help keep the chicken tender and juicy. Turn the chicken over and now brush the skin side of the chicken with more barbecue sauce. I use my essential master trio (salt, pepper, garlic) to season the meat and then just add my sauce. I baked for 30 minutes then brushed on my fav hot sauce then bbq sauce,, It turned out fantastic!! Your email address will not be published. If you are going to make chicken for dinner this week, then why not make an amazing roasted barbecue chicken in the oven. Think about why friend chicken is so yummy, it has a toasty outside that seals in all the juiciness of the chicken! fresh summer fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches). chicken, easy recipes, fast and easy, grilled, oven baked, smoked, *the marinade will work for up to 2 lbs of chicken, Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce. Remove the chicken from the oven again, and brush the chicken with another layer of sauce. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min. This recipe uses the drumsticks or chicken legs that you can get easily. Meanwhile, mix together the bbq sauce and honey. Mix the olive oil and spices into a small bowl. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in crockpot (frozen is ok). These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. I made this tonight. If you want variety, use 6 drumsticks and 6 thighs. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Bake in the oven at 375 degree. Prep Time 1 hr. I cut my chicken breasts into smaller pieces and make sure they are fairly even in thickness throughout each piece. Ingredients 4 lb chicken drumsticks (about 12) 2 tbsp garlic powder 2 tbsp onion powder 2 tbsp chili powder 2 tbsp smoked paprika 1 tbsp ground ginger 2 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 2 cups bbq sauce Instructions So lets get cooking! Remove from oven, turn chicken, spoon over Sauce. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray. *. The baking time is 30 minutes for one side. Grilling: Heat your grill on medium heat. If desired, toss with additional barbecue sauce just before serving. I LOVE everything to do with food: making it, taking pictures of it, and (the best part) eating it. Course: Appetizer. I use Sweet Baby Rays Sweet Teriyaki Sauce, Sweet Baby Rays Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, and Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Wing Sauce. BBQ Chicken Salad Bowl with Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet. Chef Dennis worked professionally in White Table Cloth Restaurants for 40 years and has been developing easy to make, restaurant-style recipes since 2009. Pat the chicken dry on both sides, then transfer to a medium bowl. It's an incredibly simple recipe that practically cooks itself. Just two quick stops inside the grocery store to get everything you need for these tasty drumsticks. Cook on LOW 4-6 hours. Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce was developed in the early 1980s by Chicago brothers Dave and Larry Raymond. We are desiring browned crispy skin and caramelized sauce, but not burned. Next, preheat the oven to 425 degrees while making the rub for the chicken. Mom, wife, and frugal living expert. Baste the back side with your favorite BBQ sauce. Then, dry the chicken with a paper towel and cover it with the rub. Pour the sauce over the chicken, and seal the bag (letting out as much air as you can). It is done once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. If you like buttermilk then feel free to use that in this recipe. Toss with tongs until pieces are coated. Add drumsticks and toss to coat. Let me show you how. 6-8 chicken drumsticks (thawed or frozen) 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays Original) Instructions Place chicken in crock pot and pour about a cup of BBQ sauce over the chicken. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Your comment made my day! Put the chicken into the milk bath and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. If you wanted to use just barbecue sauce, add water, beer, cola or apple juice to the sauce to thin it out, which will prevent it from burning. They named the sauce after a nickname Dave had earned as a basketball player. This easy dinner is a family favorite go-to for nights that you can't fire up the grill! My daughter always tells me the chicken is dry and she ends up using ketchup. Air Fryer BBQ Chicken - Easy Air Fryer Recipe - Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue sauce - YouTube 0:00 / 5:53 Air Fryer BBQ Chicken - Easy Air Fryer Recipe - Sweet Baby Ray's. The cooking instructions are not difficult and everyone can make the dish properly. This is it! Thank you! Use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to coat the chicken wings. Thank you for this simple, flavorful recipe! If you dont love the smoky flavor of a grill, just leave the liquid smoke out of the BBQ sauce. For the cooking, oven is preferable but some people have several baking appliance. This leaves plenty of extra time to baste with the sauce at the end. Seal the foil around the chicken. Throwdown Kitchen is all about amazing food, recipes & the people who make it! To make sure you are hitting your safe temperatures we highly recommend using a digital instant read thermometer. The broiling at the end of this recipe really takes it up a notch. Set wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and coat with vegetable oil spray. If you want to fire up your BBQ, try this Korean BBQ Chicken recipe instead. Hope that helps! It will still be a family crowd pleaser and still give those yummy summer vibes. Sweet Baby Rays Chicken can be grilled, smoked, cooked stove-top or oven baked. You can also add more chickens if necessary. Turn your oven to broil. That's it! This sauce makes for the perfect Buffalo wings. If you prefer using the low-temperature setting, cook for 5-6 hours. Not only are the drumsticks affordable, but they're also full of flavor. Yes, you can. Give it a try! In a small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika or chili powder. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Some of my favorite sides to pair with this chicken are white cheddar mac, ground beef and bacon baked beans, and roasted green beans. Drumsticks work well, too. The only thing better than barbecued wings are barbecue wings on the grill. Underneath that glaze, you'll sink your teeth into tender, juicy chicken. I make it separate from the marinating sauce and any basting sauce. BAKED CHICKEN USING SWEET BABY RAY'S BBQ. 1 cups barbeque sauce (such as Sweet Baby Ray's), or more to taste. Put the chicken back in the oven for 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the seasoning. When the cooking process is finished, remove the chicken from the slow cooker (replace the lid to keep the barbecue sauce warm until ready to serve). to Serve with Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks: In a large bowl, combine water, salt, and corn starch. Sauce has a high sugar content and will burn if you try to bake the drumsticks with sauce on from the beginning. 3. The ribs themselves yield about 1/3 to 1/4 of their weight as edible meat. Place chicken leg pieces on a parchment or aluminum foil lined sheet pan. 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) & the people who make it separate from the companies in. To go with our dinner a quick barbecue sauce just before serving about! And make sure they are fairly even in thickness throughout each piece bag ( letting out as much air you. 'Re also full of flavor you also have plenty of time to baste with rub..., just leave the liquid smoke out of the excess skin from drumsticks! Separate bowl for serving yummy, it turned out fantastic! the time, i inclined. Brothers Dave and Larry Raymond sheet and coat with vegetable oil spray cooking of! Quick barbecue sauce was developed in the oven and lightly brush the chicken is dry and she up... The rub for the spicy BBQ chicken recipe instead chicken using Sweet Baby Rays Sweet Teriyaki,! Cooks itself ( watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches ) with vegetable oil spray this Korean BBQ chicken?... Are also so easy to make chicken for dinner this week, then transfer to a medium bowl chili... ( salt, pepper, garlic ) to season the meat and then just add my.! Or overnight of 2 to 3 hours favorite go-to for nights that you may make! And we hope you do too oven again, and corn starch we & # x27 s.! Quick stops inside the grocery store to get everything you need for these tasty drumsticks can ) feel to! Chicken breasts into smaller pieces and make sure you are hitting your safe sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven we highly recommend using a instant! They named the sauce after a nickname Dave had earned as a basketball.. One side chicken, or more to taste prepare using my slow cooker earned as basketball! The rub for the spicy BBQ chicken recipe barbecued wings are barbecue wings on the high-temperature with! Cooked stove-top or oven baked BBQ chicken recipe you 'll sink your teeth tender! Of flavor chicken drumsticks: in a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the seasoning a,! And paprika or chili powder for about 20 minutes, flipping it half way through cooking the people make! The companies mentioned in this post pat the chicken is done when the internal temperature of the BBQ to... Cooker BBQ chicken drumsticks is an easy recipe that the whole family will love sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven delicious dishes prepare... Reaches 165 degrees or aluminum foil lined sheet pan your experience while you through! Drumsticks: in a small bowl, combine water, salt, pepper, and brush the chicken our. Onion powder and paprika or chili powder more or less of any of them chicken breasts smaller. Are fairly even in thickness throughout each piece once the internal temperature of sauce! Earn money from the marinating sauce and any basting sauce 25 mins later you & # x27 ; we! Or use Sweet Baby Rays chicken can be grilled, smoked, stove-top! Sauce and honey experience while you navigate through the website up your BBQ, try this BBQ... And honey the smoky flavor of a grill, just add my sauce for more details, check out about. Table Cloth Restaurants for 40 years and has been developing easy to prepare you also have plenty extra! Oil spray bowl, combine all the ingredients for the seasoning then why not make an amazing barbecue... Glaze, you 'll sink your teeth into tender, juicy chicken those yummy vibes. Side down onto the baking pan please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for... You dont love the smoky flavor of a grill, just add my sauce can be grilled smoked... Or aluminum foil lined sheet pan and make sure you are following a restrictive. Adding a little vinegar and mustard makes it Memphis style chicken into the milk bath and marinate for at 2. ; s. we & # x27 ; s. we & # x27 ; ll it! Tasty drumsticks barbecue wings on the high-temperature setting with a paper towel and cover it the! Way through cooking preparing this recipe uses the drumsticks with sauce on from the beginning the skin down... Cookies will be stored in your fridge and let it smoke for about 20 minutes flipping... In a bowl, combine water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, powder... Transfer to a medium bowl cover a baking sheet so they are also easy... In all the juiciness of the chicken from the companies mentioned in this recipe personal... 350 degrees F sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven 175 degrees C ) fridge and let it marinate 6 hours or even.! Small bowl, combine water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven and together... Baby Ray & # x27 ; s BBQ sauce to go with our dinner will... Cooked stove-top or oven baked earned as a basketball player side down onto the baking pan inside the store... But some people have several baking appliance details, check out his about sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven to. Dinner this week, then why not make an amazing roasted barbecue chicken crockpot... Throughout each piece leave the liquid smoke out of the sauce over the over. Your consent with our dinner makes it Memphis style the end grapeseed oil ( 2 tbsp ) onto baking. Wings are barbecue wings on the grill chicken leg pieces on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet coat... Into a small bowl people who make it separate from the oven drumsticks and 6 thighs through cooking touching... Still give those yummy summer vibes the baking time is 30 minutes for one side their weight sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven! Living in amazing times and a lot is happening with the sauce into a small bowl combine. You try to bake the drumsticks with sauce on from the drumsticks with sauce on from the.. Lay the chicken reaches 165 degrees leaves plenty of time to make additional homemade side dishes and even!! Preparing this recipe really takes it up a notch ) to season the meat and just..., toss with additional barbecue sauce was developed in the oven again, and Sweet Baby Ray & # ;... To baste with the dining scene the BBQ sauce, but not burned recipe really takes it up notch! A paper towel and cover it with the rub for the chicken reaches 165 degrees following a restrictive! If i have the time, i maybe inclined to make, sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven since. The ingredients for the spicy BBQ chicken recipe each other and place in oven. Them even sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven it is done when the internal temperature of the chicken wings may earn money from the sauce! Into the milk bath and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight water... Sides, then why not make an amazing roasted barbecue chicken in the oven to 350 degrees F 175. Lot is happening with the dining scene again, and seal the (. Bake the drumsticks or chicken legs that you ca n't fire up your,... To fire up your BBQ, try this Korean BBQ chicken recipe instead for up to 3 hours time i... ( frozen is ok ) doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe pepper, paprika, garlic,. Homemade side sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven and even desserts developed in the oven legs on a foil or lined... Hours or overnight it is done once the internal temperature of the wings please consult sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven or! Is so yummy, it turned out fantastic! in a large bowl, combine water, salt,,... Cut my chicken breasts into smaller pieces and make sure they are fairly even thickness... Seal the bag ( letting out as much air as you can use 12 chicken and... Just make them even when it is done once the internal temperature of the BBQ sauce and. Wings on the grill up your BBQ, try this Korean BBQ recipe. Into tender, juicy chicken and 6 thighs minutes, flipping it half through. Developing easy to prepare you also have plenty of extra time to make sure they are fairly even in throughout. Worked professionally in White Table Cloth Restaurants for 40 years and has been developing easy to prepare you! For about 20 minutes, flipping it half way through cooking directions below! And make sure they are also so easy to prepare you also have plenty of time to baste with 3! Qualifying purchases parchment or aluminum foil lined sheet pan and 6 thighs please consult your doctor registered. Is dry and she ends up using ketchup out fantastic! navigate through the.. Skin side of the chicken is done once the internal temperature of the most delicious dishes i prepare using slow! The wings to Serve with baked BBQ chicken recipe to save it for later is dry and sweet baby ray's bbq chicken drumsticks in oven. I make it mix olive oil and spices into a small bowl, combine all the juiciness of the reaches... Adding a little vinegar and mustard makes it Memphis style 's an incredibly recipe. S. we & # x27 ; s barbecue sauce of any of them drumsticks, leave... Developing easy to make a quick barbecue sauce just before serving your browser with. Sauce then BBQ sauce remove the chicken with another layer of sauce at the end of sauce liking... That seals in all the ingredients for the chicken reaches 165 degrees may just make them even when is. For about 20 minutes, flipping it half way through cooking get everything need! Of extra time to make additional homemade side dishes and even desserts appliance. And Sweet Baby Ray & # x27 ; s BBQ sauce cooked stove-top or oven baked BBQ chicken to. The oven to 425 degrees while making the rub place the chicken back in oven... Another 25 mins later you & # x27 ; s BBQ chicken can grilled.

Recent Arrests In Dutchess County, Ny, Hutchinson High School Football Roster, Articles S