spool tension knob

$11.99. Price: $ 5.82. From there stick with the casting brakes, start with them all on, and slowly turn the off as your casting improves. Tie a bait whose weight is within the suggested lure size specified to the rod to begin adjusting the tension knob. This applies pressure to the inner bearing race and will cause premature bearing failure. sku: ABU 1104813. The main issue with baitcasting reels came a long time ago, all the way back to the 1820s and the advent of the Kentucky reel. The previous owner was frustrated with backlash issues that it developed early last season that he couldn't solve. The line tension knob is near the handle. ---Processing is 1-2 . swimbait. Easily find manuals and replacement parts on your phone while youre DIYing in the garage or garden. KOMODO KDR-273V & OKUMA 46000035 CAST CONTROL CAPKIT(1460000601927) I bought my first Fuego recently. This adjustment is a very good way to learn how to use a bait caster and is effective in keeping back lashes down. Ask our experts a question about this part and we will respond as soon as we can. DW4033-05 Spool Tension Knob Kit - USE DW4033-04. Your link has been automatically embedded. One durable plastic spool tension knob is included. Sure would like to know the guy suggesting you steal one, so I could make sure he's not near my boat at the launch. Most reels are made overseas, which use metric measurements, and in my experience a nightmare to find knobs of any kind in metric sizes that will fit a reel. CAD $0.00. At the very least, don't leave tension on it over extended periods. Paste as plain text instead, You cannot paste images directly. Thanks. the spool on all my baitcasters wobble from side to side about 1mm. Instead, an adjustment dial on the opposite side of the handle on most reels allows the magnetic brakes to be set with a simple twist of the dial.The final adjustment is the one used most often is the star drag. Many people mistakenly claim that baitcasting reels are insufficient because of the issue of backlash. "Love the flexibility of the app to add everything in the home and garage. The star drag is easily adjusted with your thumb as you crank away trying to reel in a hard fighting fish. DEUKIO 95mm Fishing Reel Handle Knob Carbon Fiber Frame with Fittings Replacement Parts. Sitemap There are three adjustments you can make with a baitcasting reel. You cannot paste images directly. 5. The knob is placed somewhere near the handle and star drag knob. Brake. Application: This handle is suitable for a/d/s brands of reels. The parts were incorrect. sku: ABU 13079. Removing these and carefully taking off the sideplate is a process best completed on a table with a clean cloth placed under the reel to contain all the parts. You also have to keep in mind the weight of the lure you are using because that also plays a role in spool tension. Once you get it pretty good with the spool tensioner, you can adjust the zero adjuster based on the lure you're using. Quantum Reel Repair Parts (tension Knob Kit Smoke SL 100 and 101 HPT Spt) $16.95 New. Slowly unscrew the spool tensioner until the bait slowly drops. Free shipping. After deeply investigating almost 70 knobs, we think the best knob, that suit most people, is metioned as first option below. Lew's reel repair parts spool tension kit. Fishing Gear List Equipment Essentials Every Angler Should Have, What are Fishing Rod Blanks? Lew's Custom Speed Shop Winn Dri-Tac Paddle Knob Black CSPKCB . Our goal is a balance, you will face backlash if too light, or the casting distance will be significantly . $49.98 HANDLE ASSEMBLY Add to cart. Abu Garcia Abu Garcia Black Max Spool Tension Knob, Lixada Abu Garcia Black Max Spool Tension Knob, Kasteco Abu Garcia Black Max Spool Tension Knob, Leo Abu Garcia Black Max Spool Tension Knob, Gomexus Abu Garcia Black Max Spool Tension Knob, Vbestlife Abu Garcia Black Max Spool Tension Knob, Tbest Abu Garcia Black Max Spool Tension Knob. If that does not fix the problem then check under the cast control knob . I recommend trying it out before fishing to get used to the spool tension settings. series name:bdh-ca27knob materialcorkhandle materialaluminumlength 3.94 inch/100mmknob diameter1.06 inch/27mm; weight1.27oz/35.7g. The spool tension knob on a baitcasting reel is used to adjust the amount of tension on the spool. With our Fix app, you always have a personalized repair guide on-hand. Probably eventually you could find one, or if you're a machinist you could make one given that you know the threads and pitch needed, but you probably couldn't make it for $11. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below. If you want consistent performance from your reels, do both. Easily find manuals and replacement parts on your phone while youre DIYing in the garage or garden. Now holding the rod with your left hand, you can set the spool with your right and begin cranking in the line.It was a natural process for a right-handed angler but difficult for left-handers to master. CLASSIC REELS | Sporting Goods, Fishing, Reel Parts & Repair | eBay! My first lure was a 2 oz. Sometimes its four small Phillips screws, sometimes Torx head bolts, and occasionally the older hex head style bolt. Some models dont even require batteries. 15692 SPOOL TENSION KNOB. Adjust spool tension knob to the point where the lure is descending very slowly (almost to the point of stopping). To prevent backlash, the angler can set the brake adjustment by turning a dial on the side of the reel body. When I get a reel to service and break it down. For a 10- to 11-millimeter knob, many increased the fingers used from two to three. The two spin varieties spool line off the end of a vertical spool that is in line with the rod. CAD $0.00. Our experts will get back to you as soon as they can. Your previous content has been restored. Baitcasters are the second most popular reels after spinning reels and the favorite of bass fisherman across the world. Roddy. papajoe222 Latest: x-man. Did everyone on BR get the joke but you? This complete Okuma Cast Control Cap Kit uses only genuine Okuma O.E.M OKUMA 46000050 CAST CONTROL CAP (14600008-01D24) Abu Garcia Spool Tension Knob ***NEW*** Abu Garcia OEM Parts Spool Tension . After a little practice, youll be able to time the pressing of the button with the whip of your rod, creating long, accurate casts. 3 users rated this 5 out of 5 stars 3. Possible Cause: Spool tension adjusted too tight. Anyone can do anything if they try hard enough. Proper spool adjustment is when there's just a touch of end play or as the instructions say. If it is damaged or missing, this part will provide an identical replacement for the original hardware that was installed on a new unit. I'm newer to conventional reels and have learned quite quickly practicing in my backyard, until I needed more space to get past 20 yard casts. Subscribe here to get the latest updates news on all things fishing and hunting right to your inbox, Some of the add-ons on this site are powered by. 1307902 SPOOL TENSION KNOB. The tighten the cast control knob down till you get adjustment. Refer to the owner's manual and the appropriate diagram for your model to . A baitcaster provides the control bass fishermen require for accurate casts in challenging conditions and other obstructions. OKUMA 46000078 CAST CONTROLCAP / ADJUST BUTTON This complete Okuma Cast Control Cap Kit uses only genuine Okuma O.E.M. Set to eliminate side ro side play then set the mag dial accordingly and enjoy the magnesium TD Zillion. 1307916 THUMB REST. You_Only_Live_Once_Fishing To properly set the spool tension, perform the following procedure: a) With line, lure and rod assembled, hold the rod at a 45 angle. In addition to the baitcasting reel's braking system, you can also adjust your spool speed with the spool tension knob. Now I'm adding it to my fishing arsenal, I can't wait to catch one for him with it! 2. How to Use the Palm Side Tension Knob: (Big Game, 7000i C3, 7000i C3 CT MAG HS, 7000i The more the merrier when it comes to ball bearings inside a reel guide. HELIOS HS-262V, 273Va, & OKUMA 46000059 CAST CONTROL CAPKIT(460000601988) Some recently released digital models make the initial baitcaster setup a one-time operation. There may be other reel models that this item will fit or part numbers that could . On the old Ambassadeur reels the brake wasn't externally adjustable. What Does The Tension Knob Do On A Baitcaster? Receive money-saving advice and special discounts! Allow about 12 inches of line between the rod tip and the bait. Clear editor. Copyright 2023 eReplacementParts.com Inc. Raise your rod tip about eight feet above the ground and press the spool release button. The spool tension knob is used to provide tension to the spool to let it spin or prevent it from spinning. Privacy Statement. 13076 PAWL RETAINER. It functions as a form of brake, slowing down the spool rotation as the throw progresses, preventing lines from being pulled off the spool just as the lure is about to strike the water's surface. Then turn it back in until this play just stops. The tension knob is protection against backlash. But hey you might have saved $3 to $5 bucks and you have some toothpaste. Now your done. Today, BD has grown into the leading digital media platform for all things saltwater fishing, bringing our large and passionate community the best and most authentic fishing information in the form of fishing reports, fishing gear reviews, fishing recipes, saltwater fishing articles, tackle tips and more from coast to coast. Receive money-saving advice and special discounts! Spinning reels and spincasting reels have drags, but most dont have an on the fly drag adjustment like baitcasting reels do. It'd probably be pretty hard to find or make your own spool tension knob. This is made by Abu Garcia, not by another company. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below. I barely use the tension knob, maybe just a touch in wind. This is level and balanced before tightening. 5% coupon applied at checkout Save 5% with coupon (some sizes/colors) FREE delivery Fri, Mar 3 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon. Yes, its a CT. The line guide moves back and forth like a sewing bobbin laying line neatly across the spool to ensure long smooth casts while remaining devoid of backlash. Reviews. The best way to go to take all the guess work out of missing parts & way cheaper too! Answer this question . For a knob with a 23- to 26-mm diameter, the number of fingers used increased from three to four. Set the line tension with the tension knob, click the digital button, and the attached microprocessor sets the reel each time the bait weight changes. Collection of best products! If a bait designed to look like a swimming mouse is too fast, theyll ignore it. CEYMAR C-266W & OKUMA 5K095306 TENSION KNOB You must log in or register to reply here. Fishing torium handle is good for replacing your old or broken handle, reel repair parts. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. Todos os direitos reservados. And placing thumb pressure on the spinning spool slowed or stopped the cast. Spinning reels release line by letting it peel off the end of a. Access to manuals and parts right there makes it convenient.". It was funny as heck. The SPOOL BRAKE DEVICE FOR DUAL-BEARING REEL SPOOL BRAKE Try tightening the knob by hand. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below. The knob is an important component that allows a user to adjust spool tension. However, without it, you just have a stick and standalone reel with no function at all. Next, take a look at your brake system; you will have brake controls, centrifugal brakes, and pin brake controls. Copyright 1997-2023 The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide LLC All rights reserved. SPOOL TENSION KNOB KIT . Baitcasting reels differ from spinning reels, and spincasting reels, in the way their spools are oriented. 1104815 SPOOL TENSION KNOB. I will also provide images of my own gear for reference. One of the newcomers and featured product. Description: This high-quality spool control knob is supplied by the original manufacturer for use with Abu Garcia fishing reels. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. 877-346-4814. 1307902 SPOOL TENSION KNOB. This tension, also known as "brake force," helps to control the speed at which the spool spins when casting. parts to ensure a OKUMA6K181202 TENSION KNOB Now your out about $5 in fuel, wear on your tires, saran wrap, sharpie ink, and wear off the bottom of your shoes soles. parts to ensure a All prices are in USD. Without this oscillating device, the line on a baitcasting reel would either pile up in the center, creating an obstruction for smooth casting. HANDLE ASSEMBLY . A moment ago. The eXcel-Files 12 Days and 12 Nights - Part 3 - Conclusion. 877-346-4814. This part is compatible with the following machines: This item works with the following types of products: And we make it easy! Engauge the free spool on the reel while placing your thumb on the corner to stop the spool and the bait from falling. And your reel looks like crap. Can You Eat Walleye? Its job is to adjust the spool, so it's tighter or looser. When the rate of fall is slower, the risk of backlash is much less as well. Daiwa TAT-STK-RD Tatula Spool Tension Knob - Red. The second way to adjust the speed of spool rotation is with the baitcaster spool tension knob, which is a round knob located on the same side as the reel handle. Its lightweight construction makes it easy to carry around all day while . Package included: 5 x fishing spinning reel handle screw cap. The 555, 656 and 666 Akios reels reels are Ultra cast design (meaning that the bearings are inboard on the spool ends, not in the end caps like the 757) and the bearings can be damaged by tightening down on the end casps. 2023 Tuna's Reel Troubles. First, check if the baitcasting reel has a brass insert and make sure the spool is centred. Like the above poster, I run it very low and I've been lucky so far. sku: ABU 1104814. With our Fix app, you always have a personalized repair guide on-hand. Yes No. Product Information. Almost all customers found that the knob is only 1/2 . easy to installcome with the necessary accessories for easy installation. 13 Fishing Parts. With just a flick of the thumb, you can tighten up the drag, creating a small winch that can simply drag the fish to you via brute force. This will not fit the older abus with the straight/flat star drag though. There are times when you need to access the inner workings of a baitcasting reel. The knob is an important component that allows a user to adjust spool tension. This part is compatible with the following machines: This item works with the following types of products: And we make it easy! What is the spool tension knob for on the ABU GARCIA MAX. Read This Before Posting! I flipped the spacer over, reassembled the reel and gave it a test run. After leaning how to cast a bait caster well with out back lashes I recommend backing the spool tension knob out until there is side to side play in the reel. A quality spool should be smooth, roll effortlessly on well-designed ball bearings, and allow easy spooling out of line on casts. The best way to avoid backlashes in this. Featuring complex gears, guides, and shafts, the baitcaster is one of the most popular reel types for freshwater species, such as bass and walleye. It is strong, is affordable and it looks cool. Vintage Lews Speed Spool Reel BB XLM Clutch Spring P306082 & 28362 Lot of 2 SB60 . This fishing reel handle is easy to install, giving you a convenient using experience. Dam Quick Parts. The handle fits exactly. These spool tension knobs are compatible with Daiwa Tatula reels only (not compatible with Daiwa Tatula CT reels.) . He asked me to check it out for him. Manufacturer says: we provide a lifetime warranty, contract us once you have any questions. You can post now and register later. Magnetic brakes either by an indicator on the side plate or under the side plate, spool tension knob (anti-backlash) and drag. The knob on the side of a baitcaster is the spool tensioner adjustment. It casted perfectly with zero issues. Quick view Details. Knob have installed nmb bearings, which are durable and buttery smooth.don't throw box. This complete Okuma Cast Control Cap Kit uses only genuine Okuma O.E.M. Write a review. First up, the tension knob, which is located on the side of your reel. That's a $200 reel you're trying to rig. Im based in the UK yet Ive been fortunate enough to catch bass in the States, barramundi in Australia, trout here at home and carp on the Danube delta. Unlike the centrifugal and magnetic brakes, the spool tensioner slows down spool rotation more towards the end of the cast, when the lure is about to hit the water . Release of the thumb pressure allowed the spool to spin freely, sending the line out. SKU: ZEB KV4033-01. Copyright 1997-2023 The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide LLC All rights reserved. Quality wood and metal construction, strong and durable. Point well made. UX4033-05 Spool Tension Knob Kit NLA. Hold the spool in place with your thumb or a finger while you turn the tension knob. It moves more than any other parts aside from the handle and must be kept free of debris, salt, and corrosion. I always walk around WM seeing reels with missing tension knobshaha. Most reels are made overseas, which use metric measurements, and in my experience a nightmare to find knobs of any kind in metric sizes that will fit a reel. January 25, 2008 in Fishing Rods, Reels, Line, and Knots, Hey Fellas( Especially ReelMech) on another forum I go to there was this post about using the tension adjustment knod( Like you advised in Reel 101 , Dave). SPOOL TENSION MECHANICAL BRAKE KNOB FOR ABU GARCIA C3, C4, etc. Spool tension knob. Peas e Reparo De Molinetes E Carretilhas, item 1 ABU GARCIA REVO & MAX3 SERIES SPOOL TENSION MECHANICAL BRAKE KNOB, item 2 Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Control Knob Part Number 23279 replaces 13109, item 3 Vintage Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 7000 SPOOL Fishing Reel PART #2, item 4 Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5000C Baitcasting Fishing Reel Part- Spool, item 5 Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 4600C3 Baitcasting Fishing Reel Part- Spool, item 6 Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5500-C3 Baitcasting Fishing Reel Part- Spool, item 7 Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5500C Baitcasting Fishing Reel Part- Spool, item 8 Abu Garcia LEFT HAND Ambassadeur 5501-C3 Baitcasting Fishing Reel Part-Spool LH, 5.0 de 5 estrelas, com base em 12 avaliaes do produto, 5.0 de 5 estrelas, com base em 33 avaliaes do produto, 5.0 de 5 estrelas, com base em 15 avaliaes do produto, 4.9 de 5 estrelas, com base em 59 avaliaes do produto, 5.0 de 5 estrelas, com base em 79 avaliaes do produto, 4.9 de 5 estrelas, com base em 18 avaliaes do produto, 4.7 de 5 estrelas, com base em 22 avaliaes do produto, 3.7 de 5 estrelas, com base em 6 avaliaes do produto. What's up fellas. Personally I would just buy the replacement. This complete Okuma Cast Control Cap Kit. The reel cage has one function, to contain all the parts of a baitcasting reel. Upload or insert images from URL. Departments Accessories Appliance Parts Exercise . The line tension knob is near the handle.There are two types of brakes, magnetic and friction. Take a black sharpie to it. in the same sense that setting hook when fish bite will lead to dulled hooks, or if you continually drive your car, you'll wear out the tires. Solution: Hold rod at 45 angle and depress spool release button/bar. the spool tension knob should be set for just a hint of sideplay- it is used to center the spool only and should not be considered a true speed control. They vary in appearance depending on the type of reel you're using. I think the only reasonable chance for avoiding cost here is to see if one from your old reels might work. Your previous content has been restored. CALERACLR-266Va, 266VLXa, & 273Va Then turn it back in until this play just stops. Reel for GP 80 Monster. BFR/Leeda Parts. *Ball Bearing numbers 0910207,0910208, 01030804-61,& 01030804-612 are all the same part that were just assigned a different production number. It is the most important step in setting up a baitcasting reel.As outlined above, the spool tensioner is your best defense against backlash during a cast. Adjust the tension so that the spool stops spinning as soon as you . The knob is used to provide the correct tension needed on the . 65. r/Fishing_Gear. The primary function of this knob is to maintain a smooth line speed coming off the spool. DogZilla15 said: Spool tension knob is not part of the brake. I recently got an Okuma CLX Classic level wind round bait casting reel, my first bait caster. Dec 2008. Well look at the construction of the baitcasting reel, describe the components and how the reel works, then jump into how to set up and successfully use one. STRATUS VSV-266 & 266LX 12 hours ago, You_Only_Live_Once_Fishing said: 19 hours ago, You_Only_Live_Once_Fishing said: Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Does anyone think manufacturers will eventually remove the spool tension completely in the future on all casting reels? How to keep it from turning both ways . The best way to go to take all the guess work out of missing parts & way cheaper too! In terms of size, this reel offers plenty of room for backing and line capacity without being too bulky or heavy. Repair Instructions: Submitted by Customers Like You. What is the button on a baitcaster called? Join Date. This handle has helped to pull in quite a bit of sturgeons. Web how to adjust the tension knob on a baitcasting reel. Wesley moorehead 23-4-2022 No comments 2 . I jumped all over it and now I have three of these fine reels. See all. June 30, 2017 in Fishing Rods, Reels, Line, and Knots. HELIOS SXHSX-266V, 273V, 273VLX, & 281V PW4033-06 Spool Tension Knob Kit TKVD150/151 . The knob on the handle side of the baitcaster is the spool tension knob. KOMODO KDS-463, 463LX, 463P, 463PLX, 471, & OKUMA5K403507 TENSION KNOB KIT More importantly, congratulations on the Fuego!! Removing the sideplate is the first step in accessing the interior and it varies greatly between manufacturers. The bait should gradually, a few inches per second, drop from the rod tip towards the ground. Stop being cheap. Check if the knob is still attached to the spool. Slide atual: {CURRENT_SLIDE} de {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Mais vendidos em Reel Parts & Repair. This is halfway on a Lew's reel. . Display as a link instead, Solution: Replace or reverse spool tension washers (see 'Reel squeaks or makes loud noise when casting' above). You can set line drag while in a full retrieve with a fish on the line. First, turn your braking system to the off or free spool setting. Spool tension knobs apply pressure to slow the spool down during casting so that you don't get backlash. Amundson Parts. The knob located just behind the handle should be adjusted on most reels before casting with different weighted bait. Free shipping. The part I received was not the one pictured and did not fit the reel. The best way to go to take all the guess work out of missing parts & way cheaper too! If Im not fishing, or talking about fishing, then.Im probably asleep. You can post now and register later. Most anglers will back off the drag on their reels at the end of the day, but forget about the spool tension. Lew's pro staff angler Mark Rose recommends that you set the magnetic brake on the other side of the reel to 5. You just go right on your way. What Size Spinning Reel is best for Bass Fishing. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Quantum Reel Repair Parts (tension Knob Kit EXO 100 200 300 Series) $16.95 New. It is one of the most experimented adjustments on a baitcasting reel and is not the same for every angler. Quick view Details. Daiwa Parts. The sideplate is the access point for the inside of a reel. However, it is actually damaging your reel. Turn the tension knob clockwise to increase the spool tension or counterclockwise to decrease it. It is not nearly as difficult as it sounds. It was clean and well lubed, but during my inspection I discovered the cause of his problem. Additionally, they're usually pretty small threads, not ones commonly found. Good replacement part for fishing spinning reel power handle knob. item 8 Ray's Studio Spool Tension Mechanical Brake Knob for Daiwa TATULA CTFUEGO CTSV Ray's Studio Spool Tension Mechanical Brake Knob for Daiwa TATULA CTFUEGO CTSV. Tell the cop you saw it on Bass Resouce so, it must be true. It is painted and the plastic knob looks cheap. Heck I'm not sure cheap is even the right word here. STABILIZER BAR . Setting a friction brake is an involved process requiring the reel sideplate to be removed and adjustments made inside the reel. TR. The bait should remain in place. 1. This is very nice, it is good for unique gift and has a special design. There are two types of brakes, magnetic and friction. Adjust accordingly. One durable plastic spool tension knob is included. The star drag is named for its obvious star shape, a shape similar to a spur on a pair of cowboy boots but one with a very different purpose. This pressure depends on factors such as the weight of the lure, the line class and the fishing conditions. This action allows more control in casting and a variable speed retrieve, a nice feature to have when pursuing top striking fish such as largemouth bass. A baitcaster with a small knob on the handle side will have less spool pressure than a baitcaster with a large knob. Why bother sending it back. They vary significantly from model to model. Our experts will get back to you as soon as they can. As we have discussed earlier, a spool tension is a small dial on the side of your rod's plate. Cortland Parts. The spool tension knob is a vital part of a casting reel. Do it right and replace with OEM. Repair Instructions: Submitted by Customers Like You. Web baitcasters can backlash while fishing in the wind, even if the reel's brakes and spool tension are tightened down. If the lure falls to the ground and the spool continues to rotate, the mechanical brake is too loose. 1 mo. COLD WATERCW-354D & OKUMA 46000007 & 46000029 CAST CONTROL CAP KIT (14600002-03001,14600002-03907, & 14600002-04961) it does cause wear on the internals somewhat.i've learned to cast with no spool tension and use just the brake and my thumb.you will cast furthur doing this and put less wear on your reel.a lot of times the washer in the tension knob will pit and make noise casting.a lot of reels you can flip it over oil it up and reuse. If it is damaged or missing, this part will provide an identical replacement for the original hardware that was installed on a new unit. KOMODO KDS-364 & OKUMA 5K201008 TENSION KNOB This is critical. 6 product ratings. Our final set consists of the best products and we also managed to maintain variety within our selection to accommodate personal preferences.

Richland High School Basketball Coach, Cena Starych Hodiniek, John Rzeznik Plane Crash, Ame Church Committal Service, Articles S