shooting in lakeland florida yesterday

One person is in surgery, and the other person is either in surgery or headed to surgery.Some victims are cooperating, and others aren't.A dark-colored vehicle slowed but didn't stop before all four windows went down, and the shooting began from all sides, according to police.Marijuana was found at the scene, and law enforcement believes the sale of narcotics may have played a role in the shooting.Follow us on social: Facebook | Twitter | InstagramTaylor noted that police believe there isn't a threat to the area at this time, but there will still be extra patrols in the area overnight Monday into Tuesday. Turn them in to HCSO Valentines, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, FL archaeologist finds 30 bones, including human, How to see Jupiter and Venus pair up this evening, FL man wins lottery, state claims he owes them money, Florida man wins $1 million from $30 scratch-off, Florida moves to expand Dont Say Gay law, Florida man buys $50 lottery game, wins $1M, Hole in road prompts closure on US-301 in Palmetto. While under surveillance, Alex Greene, 21, got into a Chevrolet Silverado and attempted to flee from officers, according to Polk Sheriff Grady Judd, Blockchain company and Ticketmaster competitor moves to St. Petersburg, Northeast High alumnus Jon Mott wins 4th Gasparilla 15K title, Jon Mott not too tired to win again at Gasparilla Distance Classic, I-75 near Ocala reopens after tractor trailer hits overpass, Photos: Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic, DeSantis purged Pinellas public housing board long before New College overhaul, Rays face Braves with Shane McClanahan on the mound today, Florida students rally against DeSantis education agenda, Rays spring opener at Twins, 1:05 p.m. today, Clearwater City Council to discuss salary increase to attract more candidates, Florida teen pleads guilty to fatally stabbing 13-year-old classmate 114 times. So we're taking this very seriously. The Polk County Sheriff's Office provided an update Sunday, Sept. 5, about a shooting that killed 4 dead and left an 11-year-old injured. I don't know if this was reported, but one of the neighbors said that he heard three shots at that same location yesterday. If you need help with the Public File, call 407-291-6000. The incident was reported to the Sheriff's Office, and a deputy went to the neighborhood at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Greene led officers on a 10-to-15-minute chase through Eagle Lake into Winter Haven before heading west on Havendale Boulevard. One was shot in the abdomen, the other in the area of the jaw. This is a developing story. "One is in surgery and the other is either in surgery or headed to surgery," Lakeland Police Chief Sam Taylor said Monday of the two victims in critical condition. Lakeland police released this Ring doorbell video on Tuesday showing the drive-by shooting on Iowa Avenue that wounded 11 people, two critically. We are very confident he was in fact involved, to what extent we dont know yet, Taylor said. The victims were males between the ages of 20 and 35. "It was an intentional act," Lakeland Police Chief Sammy Taylor said. Two people were critically injured, police said. So, which is disappointing. As of Monday night, two were in critical condition. At least 10 people have been shot in Lakeland, which is located outside of Tampa, Monday. Police investigate a shooting in Lakeland, Fla., on Monday that injured 10 people. Lakeland Police Chief Sammy Taylor told reporters at a 7 p.m. news conference that officers arrived on the scene one minute after a flurry of calls reporting gunfire in the neighborhood. Lakeland, Fla. Police say 11 people were wounded in a drive-by shooting in the central Florida community of Lakeland on Monday afternoon. Yeah, I could talk about it. Taylor said a Ring doorbell captured not only the shooting, but a school bus dropping off children a minute before gunfire broke out. LAKELAND, Fla. - Ten people were injured during a drive-by shooting in a central Florida neighborhood, police said. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. We think that the individuals in the car shot at and shot who they wanted to shoot.. Judd said three deputies at the front of the house were pinned down by gunfire from the suspect, and other agents on scene opened fire to help the deputies get to safety. When asked what made him mad, he said, These are babies. I guess for me personally because like I said, I witnessed anything to this extent this magnitude. Three police vehicles blocked the southern end of the street and at least a half dozen more lined Iowa Avenue to the north. Video above: Full press conference from Lakeland policeAt least 10 people have been shot in Lakeland, which is located outside of Tampa, Monday.Police are investigating the shooting that happened near Iowa North and Plum Street at about 3:43 p.m.Your neighborhood: Local coverage from WPBF 25 NewsTwo men have critical injuries, and eight people have non-life-threatening injuries, according to police.Of those in critical condition, one person was shot in the abdomen, and the other person was shot in the face, police said. By clicking Sign Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. And we will certainly get you out, Robin. Investigators said they found a felony amount of marijuana at the scene. Research is divided. Counting the tragedies:How many mass shootings have there been in Florida in 2023? He said the police didnt know whether anyone fired back at the car. Judd said the man ran back in the house and deputies heard a gunshot, "and a woman scream and a baby whimper.". And I mean, no, I don't think there is. We have guys that gals that work very hard to keep the streets safe in the city safe and we have *** very safe city. Mass shooting in Lakeland:Ten people shot in midtown Lakeland, a few blocks north of downtown, police say. So please, I know you, you hear people say that all the time, but this is certainly preliminary and subject to change. Two business partners are dead after shooting each other Thursday afternoon in Lakeland, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said. Mass shootings:MLK Day shooting in Fort Pierce is 30th mass shooting in U.S. so far this year. Now some of the individual minor there ricochets and they're you know, they're they're they're not serious injuries but anytime you have that many rounds fired and that many people that were in jeopardy and the kids are, I mean who knows where some of those rifle rounds are going. So the victims involved, uh, there they do, they were sitting outside on the sides of each side of the roadway. following a shooting on Jan. 30, 2023. Judd said two separate shootouts occurred "in short order" between law enforcement and the suspect, Bryan Riley, 33, of Brandon, Florida. Police helicopters with spotlights could be seen making sweeps over the city as of 8 p.m. Monday night looking for the suspects. We certainly would like to, uh, identify the folks that read that vehicle. He said all the victims were adult males between the ages of 20 and 35. Um, the vehicle slowed, it did not stop and the four windows went down. Of the 10 victims, three were found on scene when officers arrived and were all taken to the hospital. Judd said that Saturday evening, Riley was in North Lakeland and saw a man mowing a lawn. Discovery Company. Police said a school bus had dropped children off in the neighborhood about a minute before the shooting occurred. A mass shooting in Lakeland, Florida on Monday has left 11 people wounded, the Lakeland Police Department announced. Taylor said the victims were lining Iowa Avenue, and the suspects, who appeared to be wearing masks or face coverings, were riding in a dark blue, four-door Nissan sedan with dark tinted windows. The shooting happened around 3:10 p.m. at a business off of U.S . So uh I don't think there's *** one size fits all. Two were in critical condition, he said. After Riley was in custody, police discovered an 11-year-old girl who had been shot "multiple times," as well as a man, two women and an infant dead. Lakeland Police Chief Sam Taylor had said at a news conference Monday evening that investigators believed the shooting was targeted, not random. Lakeland Police Chief Sammy. We're still trying to figure that out. "Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop," he said. But he said its too early to say whether the shooting was gang-related. News Channel 8 obtained an exclusive video of the moment shots rang out in the neighborhood. Lakeland Captain Eric Harper pursued in his unmarked law enforcement vehicle starting on Cooley Road in Eagle Lake. He said no weapons were found at the scene, but a rifle was found in the car of one of the victims at the hospital. LAKELAND, Fla. Police responding to a domestic call at a Lakeland townhome complex saw a man shoot a woman, and an officer reacted with gunfire of his own, authorities say. LAKELAND, Fla. - Investigators say 10 people were injured in a Lakeland shooting, and they are now searching for the vehicle involved and the shooters. Whether thats significant or related to this, thats unknown right now.. Police believe they have found the blue Nissan Altima the suspects were in when they began firing, Taylor said Tuesday. While under surveillance, Greene got into a white Chevrolet Silverado and attempted to flee from officers, according to Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd. Of the critical victims, one was shot in the abdomen, the other in the area of the jaw. Lakeland Police Chief Sam Taylor shows a photo of the car where the gunmen shot from in a press conference in Lakeland, Fl., following a shooting on Jan. 30, 2023. So um that's that's the concerning part for me is that uh you know I know how hard that all these guys and gals who put this uniform on every day, not just in Lakeland but all all over come to work every day with the the idea of keeping everybody safe and when something like this happens, it kind of uh is *** jarring reminder that you know um this is *** serious business, You know and people can get hurt and officers can get hurt and you know obviously we had 10 people today. All were adult males between the ages of 20 and 35. One person is in surgery, and the other person is either in surgery or headed to surgery. Um, we have reason to believe that this was *** targeted event, that it was not *** random act. There was an elderly woman who was standing outside her car, with the vehicle running, outside of the restaurant. Taylor said LPD does not think there's reason for the public to be worried for their safety. Upon arrival, they located an unresponsive female lying in the roadway. Police responded to calls of a shooting at a location near Iowa Avenue North and Plum Street at 3:43 p.m. All the victims were adult men between 20 and 35 years old, according to Taylor. Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-226-8477 or submit a tip online at www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com. Two of the victims are in critical condition and being taken to surgery, according to Chief Taylor. Serrano was sentenced to death in 2006. Want more of our free, weekly newslettersinyourinbox? Taylor said they are "pretty confident" there are at least four suspects and at least two of them were firing from the vehicle. Taylor would not provide any further information on the other suspects in last Mondays mass shooting. And he said rumors that there was a second shooting scene were "incorrect.". Lakeland, Florida - Update to Polk County Sheriff's Office shooting investigation; the shooting occurred yesterday, December 29, 2022 at a business located at 3135 U.S. 92 East in Lakeland:At this point in the investigation, it is believed that two business partners, 31-year-old Akeido Bennett of Kissimmee, and 39-year-old Xavier Figueroa Lakeland police are searching for the vehicle and four suspects involved in a shooting that injured 10. According to a news release from the Lakeland Police Department, a drive-by shooting occurred just north of Bartow Road in midtown Lakeland late Monday afternoon. "We have reason to believe this was a targeted event, that it was not a random act," Taylor said. Sure, at some point, we will get you some video. Now. We will certainly try to get you an additional photographs as we can and better photographs and something that's not as blurry. WFTS CNN The number of victims hurt in Monday's Lakeland,. Certainly our intelligence folks are working on monitoring different aspects of the, uh, the social media world to find out what the chatter is as all police departments across this country. Research is divided. When police arrived on the scene, they found three victims. The Heartland Crime Stoppers Florida is offering up to $5,000 to anyone with information that leads to the identification and arrest of the shooting suspects, LPD said. 24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events. Detectives believe the shooting was targeted. Taylor said a dark blue four-door Nissan sedan was seen slowing near the shooting scene before rolling down their windows and firing shots. We'd like to locate that vehicle. "I've been here 34 years and I can tell you I have never worked an event where this many people were shot at one time, ever," Taylor said. drive-by shooting occurred just north of Bartow Road in midtown Lakeland, Ten people shot in midtown Lakeland, a few blocks north of downtown, police say, MLK Day shooting in Fort Pierce is 30th mass shooting in U.S. so far this year. Three of the victims were transported, as I said by emergency medical services. Polk County Sheriff Grady. We consider ourselves to be a small town.". So we initially notified you guys, we thought we had nine victims. On Iowa Avenue, just north of Plum Street, according to police. They subdued the suspect and continued treating him. If you use a windshield cover, you can at least forget about scrapping the ice off your windshield to save some time and hassle. Um there are there are things that that have been tried all over the country and if I had *** solution to it, I probably wouldn't be standing here. In a press conference Monday night, Lakeland Police Chief Sam Taylor said that around 3:45 p.m. a dark blue Nissan 4-door with tinted windows and a temporary tag slowed but didn't stop near Iowa Avenue and Plum Street. Police said marijuana was found at the scene of the shooting, and investigators believe drug sales were taking place. Taylor said there were at least four people in the vehicle, with at least two firing out the windows. No one else was injured in the pursuit, which we are all grateful for, Judd said. Judd said he also told detectives, "They begged for their lives, but I shot them anyway.". Absolutely horrific. Um, with the block from florida Avenue is *** block from memorial boulevard and maybe maybe *** couple of blocks from florida is *** main thoroughfare. Ten people were gunned down in a drive-by shooting Monday afternoon in Lakeland, Florida. Witnesses said another seven had been rushed to Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center in private cars. According to his girlfriend of four years, whom he lived with in Brandon, Riley had PTSD and was occasionally depressed but never violent. appreciated. This is something that doesnt happen in Lakeland. They located three victims who were shot on the scene and uh, several victims, the officers were told had been transported via personal vehicle and were no longer on the scene to Lakeland Regional Health. A crowd of people were gathered along a residential street when a dark-blue sedan rolled by, slowing but not stopping, police said. LAKELAND, FL (February 26, 2023) - On Saturday, February 25, 2023, at approximately 11:06 p.m., officers were dispatched to the 1000 block of West 10th Street for a hit-and-run crash involving a pedestrian. According to police, two victims are critically injured and nine face non-life-threatening injuries. So to the extent they'll tell us both sides of the street indication is that this was some kind of drug situation. I don't think we recovered weapons at the scene. How many mass shootings have there been in Florida in 2023? Judd said authorities were still searching for another young girl, "about 10 or 11 years old,"but there was no evidence that she was on scene. So any indication about how many there are the process of doing that. Police Chief Sam Taylor said the victims are all men between 20 and 35 years old. The other nine suffered non-life-threatening injuries,according to Taylor, and are expected to be released from the hospital today. Did you encounter any technical issues? Taylor said one underwent surgery Monday night and the other was flown to Tampa General Hospital for treatment. Maybe what works in Lakeland may not work in new york. Um, and some are telling us everything that they know about it, we believe. So I think it's too early. The Lakeland Police Department is investigating a shooting in Lakeland that left at least 11 people injured Monday afternoon. Harper attempted a precision immobilization technique to stop the pursuit on a heavily trafficked roadway. The Lakeland officer came around the corner of the restaurant and drew his gun, pointing it at Greene. The shooting is believed to be targeted and not random. LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) Lakeland police are investigating a shooting that left 10 people injured Monday afternoon. Judd said Harper demanded that he stop the vehicle. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Um, and whether that is significant or related to this, it's unknown right now that detectives are still trying to get through that process. In the near-silence of the night, Polk County Sheriff's Office Lt. Tompkins, who was near Highway 98 N and Duff Road, heard what sounded like automatic. You can contact Heartland Crime Stoppers Florida and remain anonymous by calling 1-800-226-8477. Several others who were shot weren't on scene when officers arrived and were taken to the hospital in a personal vehicle, the Lakeland Police Department said. Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the police department. Did you have any kids in the neighborhood? Taylor said the shooting happened at about. So we have *** very good police department here. Lakeland Police Chief Sam Taylor said investigators are searching for a vehicle involved in a shooting that left 10 people injured. Um The other Eight victims have non life threatening injuries. So, but school bus had on the ring video, you can see *** school bus dropping on the video that we've seen dropping the kids off and then shortly after that the car comes through and the shooting occurs terrible. What are those large pyramids next to the Skyway? "We did locate a quantity of marijuana at the scene, which would indicate that, obviously, there were some narcotics sales or sales of marijuana going on there at the time. Yeah, I don't know that all the folks that were shot were that way and I don't want to characterize that because I don't know. So we've, we've identified at least two different calibers at least to 23 which is *** rifle round and *** nine millimeter. LAKELAND, Fla. - Four suspects have been arrested and one is dead after a drive-by shooting in Lakeland that injured 11 people, two of which are still in the hospital. They could have been you know just randomly sitting out enjoying the evening and you know, we don't know yet we're still trying to sort through all that. So that's interesting back after this. Stay up to date on the latest from News Channel 8 on-air and on the go with the free WFLA News Channel 8 mobile app. Judd said Riley stopped and told the man that he needed to speak to the man's daughter, Amber, because God warned him she was going to commit suicide. Taylor said investigators believe the shooting was a targeted attack. We did not, we did not have *** second scene. A neighbor at Laurel Oaks, who identified himself only as Dex, talked to TV reporters, describing the sound a steady pop, pop, pop in rapid succession, but not fast enough, he said, to be automatic weapons fire. Buffalo Wild Wings manager stole $72,000 from work:, Where to find fish fries in Tampa Bay during Lent, Two FL beaches make Tripadvisors best of the best, Worlds largest bounce house coming to Tampa, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The area is one block east of Massachusetts Avenue and just south of Memorial Boulevard. I don't know that. Do mass shootings cause more mass shootings? Sure, good question. by: Katlyn Brieskorn, Dylan Abad, Jack Royer. A Warner Bros. The number of victims hurt in Mondays Lakeland, Florida, shooting has increased to eleven after an additional victim self-transported to a hospital, according to Lakeland Police Chief Sam Taylor. Initially, nine people were reported shot, two of them in critical condition, but that was updated to 10 in a press conference hours later. The Lakeland Police Department is investigating a shooting in Lakeland that left at least 11 people injured Monday afternoon. To remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward, there are four ways to contact Crime Stoppers : Surveillance video of Lakeland drive-by shooting that wounded 11 in midtown. Certainly, we ask for the public's help if they see this vehicle and again, we'll try to provide you *** digital photograph of that so we can kind of improve the quality of that as best we can. So this, trust me, the other ones look much worse than this one. Taylor noted that police believe there isn't a threat to the area at this time, but there will still be extra patrols in the area overnight Monday into Tuesday. They were the target of a shooting back on Christmas Eve in 2020, and it took the life of one family member and injured three others. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. 180 days of social studies 5th grade answer key; florida high school track records; milwaukee packout mods; metallica madrid 2022; did doris hamner have polio; Polk County shooting:What we know about the gunfire in Lakeland, Florida that killed four people. 4 things you can do for your health, The State of Black Tampa Bay: An Exclusive Town Hall, Ybor speakeasy honors Madame Fortune Taylor, Ex got a warrant? All Rights Reserved. 2. You know, this is not typical for us. Advertisement Police are investigating the shooting that happened near Iowa North and Plum Street at. Lakeland Police Department posted a statement on its Twitter account, saying officers responded to. Um, I've been doing this for, I'll start my 35th year, uh, Wednesday february 1st and uh, I've never seen anything like this before. So, and we tried two or three different things. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. I mean they you know we made not ever be able to locate exactly what how many houses all these rifle rounds went through. When deputies and other law enforcement arrived, they saw a truck on fire and a popping noisecoming from the front yard. Investigators have spoken to the other nine victims who are all expected to survive for their account of the shooting, said Taylor at a Tuesday morning briefing. Then the car, with a paper temporary tag, sped off to the north and fled east on Memorial Boulevard. Now we had another one as we were at the hospital, another gentleman walked up and presented himself and he's got *** Ricochet Williams. 2023, Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of WPBF-TV. Taylor said the suspects may have been wearing masks. LAKELAND, Fla. Four people were killed, an 11-year-old girl was shot and deputies came under fire early Sunday in a neighborhood in North Lakeland, Florida. Taylor said the police department does not think theres any reason for the public to be worried for their safety. Lakeland Police Department posted a statement on its Twitter account, saying officers responded to . LPD said the vehicle also had dark tinted windows and a temporary tag. More:Do mass shootings cause more mass shootings? The Lakeland Police Department said a shooting left several people injured on Monday. The area is barely a quarter-mile to the north of the Lakeland police headquarters. It's also about a quarter mile north of the Lakeland police headquarters. Nine hours later, Judd said, a lieutenant about two miles away heard two volleys of gunfire from the area of the original call. Certainly were going to be on heightened alert for some sort of retaliatory act, Taylor said, adding that theyll have extra patrols out Monday night. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission. He worked at ESS Global Corp., providing executive protection and security. Um, but it is *** four door, dark blue Nissan with dark tinted windows and *** temporary tag. We typically don't call *** press conference at seven o'clock at night. Two men died as a result of the shooting, though . The suspect swerved over the median into oncoming traffic, before crashing into the Hamilton Company Security Systems building. So we'll just live with that. He remains on death row awaiting the resentencing. Gunfire erupted near where the rapper French Montana was filming a music video in South Florida, leaving several wounded in a strip mall parking lot. The shooting took place at 3:43 p.m. near Iowa Avenue and Plum Street, about a block east of Massachusetts Avenue and some 400 yards south of Memorial Boulevard. Um, apparently there was *** dark colored Nissan four door pulled up, uh, didn't slow down. Taylor said police were still trying to determine how many rounds were fired, but they had identified at least two types of rounds, a .223 rifle round and a 9 mm handgun round.

Westerville North Football Coaching Staff, Upcoming Nft Projects On Solana, Dequeen Police Report, Articles S