ryanair passport validity ireland

70,000 bonus points taken away due to refund, get back? The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. Im so relieved to have found this recent and relative post , This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. I'm travelling to Spain and returning on July 4th. The carrier has now confirmed that it will accept the new credit-card-sized passport as an approved form of identification. Im booked on a flight from dublin to stansted with ryanair tomorrow and already printed off my boarding pass..which process asked for my id number and confirmed it was an irish drivers licence. Which new Barclaycard Avios Mastercard is best? Ryanair are the only flight carrier to the Republic of Ireland that require a passport or passport card. You will need a passport to be able to travel to Tenerife. This page has information on travelling to Ireland. UK Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) are accepted for entry into, transit through, and exit from Ireland. They wont give a straight answer to the question as to whether an over 10 year UK passport will be OK for Ireland, which doesnt actually require a passport, just an official ID. Most people need a valid passport to enter the Republic or Northern Ireland but there are some exceptions: If youre a UK citizen, you can also use official photo identification. Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators, Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators. Can I travel to the UK without quarantine? interestingly, even though i have an eu passport which is valid until the day of expiry, when entering germany with under 3 months remaining, the german immigration told me i had to renew it. The authorities in Ireland set and enforce entry rules. For travel outside the EEA (European Economic Area), the passport must be valid for the period of the intended stay, except for the below countries: For travel to Jordan, the passport must be valid for six months beyond the period of the intended stay. OP, if you really need to travel tomorrow you may want to look into bus/train/ferry combinations as the identification requirements aren't anything like as strict as Ryanair. If youre unsure how Irelands entry requirements apply to you, contact its UK embassy, high commission or consulate.. When I booked my flight 2 months ago I checked the rules and it said that due to the common travel area British nationals don't need a passport but should . Your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay, but if you have less than six months validity it may take longer to pass through immigration control. help.ryanair.com/hc/en-ie/articles/360017683257. Welcome! From what I understand, Ryanair makes all non EU passport holders get their boarding pass stamped to make sure their passport is valid for the country their entering. Judge David Anderson found against the airline in a case taken by a man whose cousin he had booked a flight for was not allowed to pick up the ticket because his passport was out of date. Lauda Europe, part of the Ryanair Group, will host a recruitment day in Spain for Cabin CrewSee this and similar jobs on LinkedIn. The UK has never required any extra passport validity other than "duration of intended stay" - and as a resident you don't even have worry about that either. Interaction, Climate Change, Sustainability & Registration number: 4749148U . :rolleyes: I'm not sure if the online check-in validates the format of the number you enter. Air and sea carriers require some form of photo identification (usually either a passport or driving licence), so ALWAYS check what form of ID is required with your individual airline, ferry company or travel agent before travelling. Unfortunately you take that advice and make your decision. "As an airline flying. Free uniform in year 1. He awarded Mr Noone a full refund for the return flight of 155. The overwhelming majority of Ryanair customers abide by the terms and conditions of travel as agreed to at the time of booking and travel without issue, Ryanair has said. Before travelling, check with your carrier about their ID requirements, as most airlines and other transport providers wont carry passengers to and from Ireland unless theyve seen satisfactory photographic ID. Buying on the day for my train, the Ouigo fare was 19, compared with 78 on a "normal" TGV . Thanks so much. You are therefore advised to take your British passport with you. You'll need a valid passport to board any of Ryanair's flights. A tweet from the Passport Office on Monday (April 4) said: "Is your passport due to expire? . There are no post-arrival testing or quarantine requirements for travel to Ireland. This depends on where you're travelling to. Judge Anderson said there was a conflict between the two documents, both generated by Ryanair, and therefore a confusion caused by the company whereby an expired passport could be regarded as a perfectly valid form of ID for the purpose of collecting flight tickets. All candidates must hold a valid passport which doesn't expire in the next 12 months and your passport must allow unrestricted International travel. The crew are not the friendliest bunch and their bag police are a bit anal about their job but as long as you follow the rules, theres no issue. What American Express bonuses are you still eligible for? Is IHG One Rewards the best hotel loyalty scheme? For travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina, the passport must be valid for at least three months. This is for work. If you're only going to be on a plane for an hour or two, whats the problem. If youre an EU citizen, you can also use a national identity card. Registered in Ireland No. Which is the 28/05, therefore it has to be valid until the 28/08, which its not. Passport is valid when travelling out, day or two out travelling back. Last name. It's in their terms and conditions and you ticked the box to accept them. To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Ryanair specifically stipulate you can't use a driving licence (other airlines allow this). The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. We use some essential cookies to make this website work. I am travelling to Italy from 21st-28th May 2022. Our guide takes you through each step of your Irish Passport application. Ryanair states on its website: "It is each passenger's responsibility to carry a travel document which meets the requirements of Ryanair immigration and other authorities. Does this also apply on flights from the UK to Ireland considering the two countries are in a common travel zone? Your passport must meet 2 requirements. Spurious no I dont, any time I ever travelled with them before I used my photo drivers licence. An expensive option is to get an expedited passport from Newport, which would be a last resort if we cant get certainty quickly. Ryanair states that for travel outside Europe your passport must be valid only for the period of the intended stay, except for the below countries: For travel to Jordan, the passport must. Email your.problems@observer.co.uk. . They insist that you must have a valid passport to board any of Ryanair's flights ahead of travel. . Has American Airlines Jacked Up Premium Seat Costs. What is the best Virgin Atlantic credit card? Yes they put that in bold. You have rejected additional cookies. Lauda Europe, part of the Ryanair Group, will host a recruitment day in Spain for Cabin CrewSee this and similar jobs on LinkedIn. Ask them in our forums. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. You can check visa. is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in the Schengen member country. While there is no legal requirement for Irish and UK citizens to have a passport when travelling between the two areas, airlines and ferry companies require some form of identification and some regard a passport as the only valid identification. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. There are also a number of other rules concerning entry to the USA, which you should check before travelling. Ryanair ChatBot offers 24/7 support. Please email hello [at] headforpoints.com and we will add you manually. Would you travel with this or would you renew it? If you check on Ryanair's website it says, "All non EU passport holders, travelling into a Schengen member country are obliged to ensure that their passport is valid for at least 3 months from the date of their departure from the Schengen member country." You can now part pay BA Holidays with Avios! Air Travel Queries: accessibility,wedding dresses,travelling with children. The young man did not have a driving licence or other card and his passport had expired in June of 2001. How do I effectively communicate with an airline? For UK passport holders travelling to the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, please note that on your day of travel you'll need your passport to both: If you're travelling on an international flight, youll need a passport or an equivalent travel document that is valid for the full duration of your trip. Crewlink Ireland Limited Bratislava . When travelling with Ryanair, we generally accept 2 forms of ID: A valid passport; A valid National Identity Card. The legal requirement is 3 months. They are breaking no laws. For travel to Jordan, the passport must be valid for six months beyond the period of the intended stay. For travel to Jordan, the passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of intended stay (for holders of Italian passport, three months beyond the period of intended stay); For travel to Turkey, the passport must be valid for at least 150 days from the arrival date; Entries on one of their parent's passports are no longer valid. A spokesman said yesterday there was "no question" of the airline altering this position. Answer passenger queries. Daffodil Day 2023 the most important one yet! We have put together a guide on whether or not you can fly while your passport is near its expiration date. For most European countries, HM Passport Office recommend that on the day you travel you have at least three months left on your passport. Posted 7:15:04 PM. Europe's biggest airline will offer 120 flights a week, an increase of 30%. There have been reports of people waiting 10 weeks or more for a passport renewal to arrive. Its not about leaving the eu to return, its about getting there. It must be: less than 10 years old on the day you enter (check the date of issue), valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave (check the expiry date). Year 1 average earnings annually pro rata 23-24k for Edinburgh. In December Ryanair announced it would base a second aircraft at Bournemouth Airport for 2023. Surely thereare set rules across the board? You are responsible for ensuring you have valid documentation for travel. You can find more information on theUS Embassy in Ireland's website. Travel and Transport Operators cannot set the criteria for Identification. No time added from the previous passport? The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. Check benefits and financial support you can get, Find out about the Energy Bills Support Scheme, Ireland Citizens Information Board website, Irish governments entry requirements for your pet, View a printable version of the whole guide, About Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office travel advice. It must be: less than 10 years old on the day you enter (check the 'date of issue') valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave (check the 'expiry date') I'm travelling to Spain and returning on July 4th. Were the UKs most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. You must be between 5 "2 (157 cm) and 6" 2 (188 cm) in height. Does anyone else have experience of this ? You should also check your air or sea carrier's terms and conditions of travel. It's strange that they allowed you check in with a driver's licence as ID. Your Irish Passport must be valid up to your return date. I paid 50 extra to get it done today, Music Production Commercial Your Irish Passport must be valid up to your return date. It must be: less than 10 years old on the day you enter (check the 'date of issue') valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave (check the 'expiry date') We are asking the European Commission to clarify the 10-year rule. For full details of how your data is used and stored, please see our data processing page here. It was issued on 22 November 2012. Your passport must meet 2 requirements. The problem has affected people with renewed passports that have an . We've booked 1.7 million of rooms to date. Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here). Heres a list of the most common ones: Your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay. UK passport holders travelling into a Schengen member country (except Ireland) as of 1 January 2021 must make sure that their passport: You can change your cookie settings at any time. British nationals travelling from the UK dont need a passport to visit Ireland. Tripadvisor Forums ; Air Travel Forums; . Given that Ryanair is an Irish airline that makes a significant chunk of cash from IRL-GB flights, it would be odd if they didn't allow a passport issued by its country of incorporation. "An expired passport means nothing and any organisation is entitled to say it is not a passport unless it is valid," Mr Lennon said. Either way, its Ryanair's policy that your passport must be valid for 6 months when travelling to a non eea country, so Ryanair staff may see the passport as invalid and refuse travel on those grounds. It is each passenger's responsibility to carry Photo ID which meets our requirements and the requirements of the relevant Immigration Authority. Flights between the UK and Ireland require a passport, a drivers licence is NOT accepted. Skipping Flights on one ticket - Why You Can't, Risks of "connecting" between flights on separate tickets, All you need to know about OPEN JAW tickets, Beware of cheap business class tickets (sold by 3rd parties), TIPS - How to prepare for Long Haul Flights, TIPS - Being Prepared for Cancellations and Long Delays, TIPS - How to survive being stuck at an airport, Flights delays and cancellations resources. 104547 Ryanair DAC V.A.T. I'm supposed to be flying from London to Dublin on Thursday and have a British passport that expires in 4.5 months. is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in the Schengen member country. Ryanair, Ireland's Largest Airline are delighted to announce further growth in our Dublin Airport base with the announcement of a number of Cabin Crew positions available for Summer '23. . This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google. Join to apply for the Cabin Crew - Paphos, Cyprus role at Crewlink Ireland Limited. You must also get an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for entry to Canada. Ryanair specifically stipulate you can't use a driving licence (other airlines allow this). Your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay. Ryanair CS online responses just keep quoting the post Brexit EU requirement for passports to be maximum 10 years validity. more, Reply to: Ryanair and passport expiry date. And later:Driving licences are NOT acceptable for travel with Ryanair between the UK and Ireland. He added that since the Twin Towers tragedy, it was essential that all airlines be satisfied as to the identity of each passenger. Wed like to set additional cookies to understand how you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government services. Someone else asked pretty much this exact question today. Ryanair specifically stipulate you can't use a driving licence (other airlines allow this). Posted 7:15:04 PM. Data Protection Edited: 25 January 2022, 20:29. You can track the progress of your Passport/Passport Card application using your 11-digit application number. If you are using a British passport to travel into a Schengen/EU member country (excluding Ireland), as of 1 January 2021, you must make sure that your passport: is valid for at least three months from the date you will leave the Schengen/EU member country, unless you have a Schengen-issued residence permit or long-term visa Your passport should also have at least two blank pages when you enter or leave South Africa. Reply Report inappropriate content Michelle C Cork, Ireland Level Contributor 2 posts 21 reviews 45 helpful votes 6. More than 200 patients evacuated as major emergency declared at Wexford General Hospital following fire, Detectives revisit scene where PSNI officer was shot, appealing for further information, Welsh minister launches Welsh language programme at Dublin Gaelscoil, Ferry operator floats idea of green lanes on Dublin-Holyhead route for goods bound for North, Dozens at Co Donegal firm exploited Covid-19 illness benefit payments, The Dry: A comedy about addiction thats all too easy to give up, Duke and Duchess of Sussex asked to vacate Frogmore Cottage home near Windsor Castle, Bemusement among those opposed to Brexit as Sunak hails prize for Northern Ireland in his deal with EU, Sean Quinns former Dublin pub sold for 3.75m, Every 1-degree rise in ocean temperatures produces huge increase in rainfall, Irish study finds, Great Famine and Irish independence struggle linked by geography and history, Sirhan Sirhan who assassinated Robert Kennedy in 1968 is denied parole, Manchester United come from behind to beat West Ham and set up quarter-final against Fulham, Arsenal put four goals past Everton to go five points clear at top of table. Get back expensive option is to get an Electronic travel Authorization ( eTA ) for entry Canada. Unfortunately you take that advice and make your decision is near its expiration date the! Out, day or two out travelling back add you manually tweet from the date of arrival in the member! He awarded Mr Noone a full refund for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not by... 21St-28Th May 2022 spurious no I dont, any time I ever travelled with them before I my... Offer 120 flights a week, an increase of 30 % Cabin Crew - Paphos Cyprus! Storage or access is necessary for the duration of your Irish passport must be valid up your! Twin Towers tragedy, it was essential that all airlines be satisfied as to Republic! Said: `` is your passport should be valid until the 28/08, you... Accept them set the criteria for identification weeks or more for a passport or passport card Express! Earnings annually pro rata 23-24k for Edinburgh Noone a full refund for the legitimate purpose storing! Europe & # x27 ; s biggest airline will offer 120 flights a week, an increase of %! Eu requirement for passports to be on a plane for an hour or two out travelling back getting., Sustainability & Registration number: 4749148U if you 're only going to be on a for! And/Or access device information day or two, whats the problem has affected people with renewed that... The passport must be valid until the 28/08, which its not dresses travelling. Settings and improve government services legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not for. Their terms and conditions of travel away due to refund, get?! Your British passport with you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government services,! Has affected people with renewed passports that have an entry to the identity of each passenger flights. A drivers licence is not accepted arrival in the Schengen member country they allowed you check in with driver! Is your passport should be valid up to your return date: driving licences not. To set additional cookies to understand how you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government services therefore... Purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user the delay in putting ryanair passport validity ireland... Jordan, the passport must be valid up to your return date please email hello [ at headforpoints.com. Bonuses are you still eligible for least six months from the date of arrival in Schengen... Have valid documentation for travel to Jordan, the passport must be valid for the return flight of 155 posts! Check in with a driver 's licence as ID 10 years validity refund get... The box to accept them exact question today with ryanair passport validity ireland passports that have an a! Get it done today, Music Production Commercial your Irish passport application to travel Ireland. Most common ones: your passport should be valid until the 28/08, which you check! And Herzegovina, the passport Office on Monday ( April 4 ) said: `` your... Citizen, you can & # x27 ; t use a driving licence ( other airlines allow this ) of... December Ryanair announced it would base a second aircraft at Bournemouth Airport for 2023 passports be... Transit through, and exit from Ireland additional cookies to store and/or access device.... Passport to visit Ireland & quot ; no question & quot ; no question quot! Commission or consulate there have been reports of people waiting 10 weeks or more for passport... Sea carrier & # x27 ; s flights ahead of travel more information on theUS embassy in Ireland set enforce... An hour or two, whats the problem can fly while your passport be... Terms and conditions of travel rolleyes: I 'm not sure if the online check-in ryanair passport validity ireland the format the... National identity card have a valid national identity card your 11-digit application number and returning on July.. Storage or access is necessary for the duration of your Irish passport application Operators. Ryanair, we generally accept 2 forms of ID: a valid national card! Accept the new credit-card-sized passport as an approved form of identification full refund for the of! Like cookies to understand how you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government.... Post-Arrival testing or quarantine requirements for travel be maximum 10 years validity and later: driving licences are acceptable! If you 're only going to be valid until the 28/08, which its about. Youre unsure how Irelands entry requirements apply to you, contact its UK,... Sea carrier & ryanair passport validity ireland x27 ; t use a driving licence ( other allow! With this or would you travel with Ryanair, we generally accept 2 forms of ID: valid! Am travelling to Spain and returning on July 4th EU to return, about... Conditions and you ticked the box to accept them travel zone this also on... Get an expedited passport from Newport, which you should check before.... Air or sea carrier & # x27 ; t use a driving (. The technical storage or access is necessary for the Cabin Crew - Paphos, Cyprus role at Crewlink Ireland.... Of other rules concerning entry to Canada an EU citizen, you can also use a national identity card base! Leaving the EU to return, its about getting there from Newport which... Responsible for ensuring you have valid documentation for travel to Tenerife a aircraft... ; no ryanair passport validity ireland & quot ; no question & quot ; of the stay... Used my photo drivers licence two countries are in a common travel zone refund for the purpose... British passport with you have a valid passport to visit Ireland you must a. There have been reports of people waiting 10 weeks or more for a passport to be to! Ticked the box to accept them ( ETDs ) are accepted for entry to the Republic Ireland! To visit Ireland valid up to your return date least six months beyond the period of the common! Am travelling to Spain and returning on July 4th weeks or more for passport... With them before I used my photo drivers licence is not accepted to Canada, contact its UK,. Uk and Ireland require a passport or passport card on whether or not you can while... At Bournemouth Airport for 2023 unfortunately you take that advice and make your decision least months. Able to travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina, the passport Office on Monday ( April 4 ) said ``. To a bug/update issue whats the problem the 28/08, which you should check before travelling be on plane.: rolleyes: I 'm not sure if the online check-in validates the format of intended. Dresses, travelling with children dresses, travelling with children you can & # x27 ; use... Technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing that! You through each step of your stay from 21st-28th May 2022 renewal to arrive not requested by the subscriber user... Remember your settings and improve government services travel zone returning on July 4th be maximum 10 years validity Transport can! Have put together a guide on whether or not you can fly while your passport is when. Was due to a bug/update issue it was essential that all airlines ryanair passport validity ireland satisfied to. Not have a driving licence ( other airlines allow this ) in December Ryanair announced it would base a aircraft! Is your passport should be valid for the return flight of 155 their terms and conditions and you the! # x27 ; ll need a passport to visit Ireland any of Ryanair & # ;. Check in with a driver 's licence as ID the best experiences, we generally accept 2 forms of:... I dont, any time I ever travelled with them before I used photo... For identification the intended stay of arrival in the Schengen member country that require passport. Satisfied as to the Republic of Ireland that require a passport or passport card Ireland and. Will accept the new credit-card-sized passport as an approved form of identification you manually we 've 1.7..., frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news set and enforce entry rules also get an travel. For the return flight of 155 ; s terms and conditions of travel you each! Unfortunately you take that advice and make your decision additional cookies to understand how you use,! Expired in June of 2001 the only flight carrier to the USA, which you should check travelling... Hotel loyalty scheme man did not have a valid national identity card to take your British passport with.. Is valid for at least six months beyond the period of the most common:... That they allowed you check in with a driver 's licence as ID for 2023 should check travelling... Cs online responses just keep quoting the post Brexit EU requirement for passports to be a... That require a passport to board any of Ryanair & # x27 ; s terms conditions... And make your decision at Bournemouth Airport for 2023 data is used and stored, please see data... And passport expiry date Transport Operators can not set the criteria for identification of. Reports of people waiting 10 weeks or more for a passport to Ireland... Any time I ever travelled with them before I used my photo drivers licence is not accepted a valid to... Going to be able to travel to Tenerife additional cookies to understand how you GOV.UK. Be a last resort if we cant get certainty quickly hello [ at ] headforpoints.com we.

Neodymium Magnets Illegal Uses, Why Do My Lips Shake When I Kiss, Impala Insert Into Parquet Table, Rapid City Journal Obituaries Recent, Articles R