rogers plantation virginia

You have chosen this person to be their own family member. 901 Plantation Rd Blacksburg, VA 24060 Call 540-951-0352 Get Directions Login to MyChart Services Specialties Providers Patient Resources Accepted Insurance Virtual Urgent Care Need urgent care in minutes? This flower has been reported and will not be visible while under review. The Virginia Company listed sixteen settlers on the south side of the James in May of 1625; this is the area which would later become Surry County. La Vista Plantation 1704 d. 1778. Surname meaning for Rogers, of Roger's Plantation Historically, surnames evolved as a way to sort people into groups - by occupation, place of origin, clan affiliation, patronage, parentage, adoption, and even physical characteristics (like red hair). This church was incorporated as the Crossroads' Baptist Church of Christ at Rogers Crossroads. He married Elizabeth CARTWRIGHT on 7 September 1686, in Surry, North Carolina, United States. Johns Creek, Fulton County, Georgia, and Gwinnett County, Georgia. They settled on Roger Mallory's Sandy Point Plantation in the Pamunkey Neck area that later became King William County. (David) Godwin by deed dated the 12th of October 1703 fifty acres another part was by the last Will & Testament of the said John 1643 Edinburgh, Scotland d. 1731 King & Queen County, Virginia: Early Colonial Settlers of Southern Maryland and Virginia's Northern Neck Counties . (32] . Failed to delete memorial. About Us | Contact Us | Copyright | Report Inappropriate Material Willow Grove, Berry based on information from your browser. Photos larger than 8.0 MB will be reduced. John signed a petition which said, in part, "we do absolutely believe that neither the Parliament of Great Britan nor any member or constitutional branch thereof have a right to impose taxes upon these colonies to regulate the internal policy thereof and that all attempts by fraud or force to establish and exercise such claims and powers are violations of the peace and Security of the people and ought to be resisted to the utmost, and that the people of this province, singly and collectively are bound by the Acts and Resolutions of the Continental and provincial Congresses, because in both they are feely represented by persons chosen by themselves and we do Solemnly and Sincerely promise and engage under the sanction of virtue, honor, and the sacred love of liberty and our country, to maintain and support all and every the acts, resolutions and regulations of the said Continental and Provincial Congresses to the utmost of our power and abilities. In 1619, after a stormy voyage across the Atlantic, the Good Ship Margaret landed at Berkeley with thirty-six men aboard. Abt 1650 Southwark Parrish, Surry, Virginia, United States d. Mar 1716 Surry, Virginia, United States: House Of Proctor Genealogy . It appears they had moved south by 1740. Their daughter Faitha is said to have been christened Dec. 7, 1740, in Albermarle Co., N.C. Resend Activation Email. (Rodgers) Rogers (1714 - 1783) John I. Rogers formerly Rodgers Born 1714 in Rogers Plantation, Surry, Virginia Ancestors Son of Joseph William Rogers and Mary Sarah Keay (Fargeson) Rogers 1657-58 Surry Co. VA who died 1727 Surry Co. VA and left his will naming both his sons who are William's. We know William Rogers b. Birth Date: 1700 Robert 1690 x 1739 North Carolina3. Your Scrapbook is currently empty. This database contains family trees submitted to Ancestry by users who have indicated that their tree can be viewed by all Ancestry subscribers. There was a problem getting your location. 614, on the Sussex side. ): 8 Jul 1908, 1116; 4 May 1914, 3739; 27 May 1914, 3739. If so, login to add it. The invitation is open for everyone to visit Surry County and see why Surry is Something Special! The little seedling that dropped and germinated ca. They could be clues to when he migrated south. Hill: Byrd, Bland, Harrison, Coles, Carrington, Bruce Pocket From the very beginning to the end of the Revolutionary War, men and women of color fought for American independence as soldiers, seamen, wagoners, skilled craftsmen, servants, laborers, etc. Search above to list available cemeteries. This is a list of plantations and/or plantation houses in the U.S. state of Virginia that are National Historic Landmarks, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, other historic registers, or are otherwise significant for their history, association with significant events or people, or their architecture and design. 1617 in Wales remained in Surry Co. VA until he died between 1685 - 1686 in VA, William was born about 1657. A feature to edit the map coordinates from here is coming soon. I give and bequeath to my daughter, Mary Hillsman and Marth Cheves ten dollars each to be paid out of my Estate. McGee, Pennsylvania, born 1762 Zachariah Sanders, Virginia, born 1757 Charles Worsham, born 1760 (living in 1840) James Pierce Jesse Powers George Rogers Jas . Major Robert Gamble built a sugar plantation resulting in 3,450 acres, 182 Slaves with slave quarters, and a huge sugar refinery. Drag images here or select from your computer for William Rogers Sr. memorial. Thus Atkins could be male or female, who is head of their own household, living separate and apart from Jno. -- To my youngest son, WILLIAM ROGERS, my Plantation 400 acres, which I had of my wife, ELIZABETH, called his in my life time. This is a selective list of some of the more important Virginia family histories or collective genealogies in the U.Va. This was a system of Indentureship set up to populate Virginia and other states as quickly as possible."[1]. 1617 England/ Wales died after 1685 probably in SURRY CO. VA or ISLE of WIGHT CO./ NANSEMOND Co. VA. William Rogers, married Elizabeth Cartwright and had 9 children. Giles Rogers b. reward to Sergt. Rogers' Store, 090-5011. Helm Plantation: Helm 1694 Rogers Plantation, Surry Co., VA d. 20 Feb 1751 Northampton, NC: Appalachian Aristocracy In a recent 2001 publication of the Virginia Forestry Association there was a picture of a huge cypress tree found in the Dendron Swamp, a part of the Blackwater off Rt. This page was last edited on 25 February 2023, at 00:46. Discover your family history in millions of family trees and more than a billion birth,marriage, death, census, and miltary records. Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. Ben Lomond Farm: Chinn 1657 Surry Co. VA had father JOHN ROGERS b. abt. John 1706 ----------------------"Surry County, VirginiaWills & Deeds, 1715-30, page 706In the Name of God Amen I William Rogers of the Lower Parish of Surry County being not very well but of Perfect mind and memory and Considering the Uncertainty of this Life and that all Men are Mortall I do make this my Last Will & Testament --First, I Bequeafe my Soull to God that gave itt and my body to the Earth from whence it Came to be buried after a Christian manner by my Execx: (Vizt)Item. NRHP Listing Date 05/30/2002. 1657/58 and last wife ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT. Thank you for fulfilling this photo request. Stuart Plantation. and Archeological Complex), 090-0015. "Wills and Administrations of SURRY COUNTY, VIRGINIA 1671 - 1750 " They were the parents of at least 9 sons and 2 daughters. p. 41 - Colonial Records - Volume 10, page 221 - We find evidence of another rather heroic act on the part of John Rogers. (Martha HILL-[715] was born about 1720 and died about 1775 in Wake Co, North Carolina. My nephew Joseph Jarrett; Y-111, BigY, FF, Gedmatch. This memorial has been copied to your clipboard. I give and bequeath to my daughter, Sarah, a negro girl named Jenny to her, her heirs and assigns forever. Library. Discover life events, stories and photos about William Rogers (1740-1810) of Frederick, Virginia, United States. Royal Oak: Hairston In accordance with the instructions given in the charter by the Virginia Company, these settlers observed the first official English Thanksgiving in America. Anaheim, CA. You can customize the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below. The A.A. Heritage JOHN ROGERS for his service to his country.COLONIAL SERVICE: Early in 1769 Capt. Search for an exact birth/death year or select a range, before or after. Capt. 1680 Surry Co. VA was son of Wm. Site Contact: US Forest Service Mount Rogers National Recreation Area District Office, 276-783-5196, sm.fs.mrnra@usda.gov. Cancer Plantation: Carter Birth of William Rogers, of Roger's Plantation, Alamance, Alamance County, North Carolina, British Colonial America. Oops, we were unable to send the email. Family Time Line, Parents and Siblings 1640 1660 1680 1700 1720 1740 1760 1780 1800 1820 William ROGERS Sr. William English: patronymic from the personal name Roger . This page was last edited on 6 February 2023, at 18:32. or don't show this againI am good at figuring things out. KING GEORGE CO. Mt. Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Death 17 May 1727 - null. is highlighted http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/families/rogers.htm'''==. The brick facade was added in the 1940s by Mrs. Cocke. He owned Sharon plantation in Wake County as well. . Military; 1758; French & Indian War - NC Regiment. North Carolina colonial militia were called to serve in Virginia under Gen. John Forbes, including Col. Hugh Waddell's regiment with Sergt. To my daughter, PERSILLA PROCKTOR, to the value of 5 shillings. Status. Try again. aka Rogiard's Plantation, Old Fields. A stately mansion, beautiful rolling farmland, exquisite gardens, over 200 years of American history and culture - all of these can be found at Oatlands Historic House and Gardens situated on historic Route 15 near Leesburg, Virginia. (David H.) Harris Plantation: Harris Situated upriver on Virginia's middle penninsula, it later became King and Queen County . North Carolina with Counties, Towns and Communities Project. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. (The) Wilderness (aka The Commons): LEVI ROGERS, grandson of John I, was an elder in this church and we have the minutes of this congregation from the archives in Nashville, Tennessee. Clerk, Rece White Recorded in the clerk's office of Wake County in Book A Page 149 this the 15th day of September anno.dom. http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=image&guid=e164e943-e363-418f-a067-2f0d66272b66&tid=23363295&pid=1411151662, http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=genepool&h=5093404&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt, http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=genepoolb&h=3841193&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt, http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=worldmarr_ga&h=1036473&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt, http://trees.ancestry.com/rd?f=sse&db=worldmarr_ga&h=211461&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt, http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=23363295&pid=1411151662, https://www.geni.com/profile/6000000003590535064/events/6000000003590535067, http://www.genealogy.com/forum/surnames/topics/rogers/17959/. 1906-1941. Signed, seal, published and declared in the presence of us, Drury Cade and Richard Hudson and Michael Rogers s/s JOHN ROGERS (SEAL) Wake County December term, 1779. Thanks for your help! 1694 Rogers Plantation, Surry, Virginia d. 20 Feb 1752 North Hampton, North Carolina: The Brownlow Family Tree Home Brownlow Mangham About Us Special Links Resources Features Coat of Arms PDF Files First Name: Last Name: Our Genealogy & History Our family's historical journey through time. You need a Find a Grave account to continue. This list is now on line at the Library of Virginia! Their seven (7) known children were born in what is now King William County, Virginia: Elizabeth Mallory was born about 1655. It is not unheard of for wives being used as headrights to gain more acreage by the land holder (but we cannot prove that Mary, wife of John Rogers, is Mary Eldridge). After 1612, a sweet form of tobacco became the largest export crop, customarily shipped in large hogsheads. Will Of James Bennit Sr. 11/11/1751 (His will & inventory is transcribed as written) (Wills 3, p804) In the name of God Amen. . William ROGERS- [718] Born: Abt 1657, Surry Co, Virginia Married (1): Abt 1679, Surry Co, Virginia Married (2): Abt 1686, Surry Co, Virginia Died: May 10, 1727, Albermarle Co, North Carolina General Notes: ROGERS,CARTWRIGHT I am researching the ROGERS family. Enter a grandparent's name. I give and bequeath to my son, JOSIAH HILL ROGERS, the tract of land I purchased of John Jones containing 175 acres also the tract of land I now live on containing 240 acres with entry to him, his heirs and assigns forever. Surry County, https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/L6QY-5Z3/william-rogers-sr-16 William ROGERS Sr June 165710 May 1727 (Age 69) James River, James City, Virginia, British Colonial America, The Life Summary of William When William ROGERS Sr was born in June 1657, in James River, James City, Virginia, British Colonial America, his father, Rev. Anderson's Plantation: Anderson Weve updated the security on the site. And for a time, free black people could even "own" the services of white indentured servants in Virginia as well. Leatherwood: Hairston IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO USE CAUTION WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE INFORMATION. Listed by County and Workplace Share this memorial using social media sites or email. Keith, Virginia, born 1759 Thomas Merritt, North Carolina, born 1761 Dudley Moreland, Virginia, born 1759 Jas. Continuing with this request will add an alert to the cemetery page and any new volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request. You can always change this later in your Account settings. Related article: A Southern gem's fate, the Hogan-Rogers House: Mt. On May 28,1754, Joseph Rogers II as executor sold to his brother JOHN ROGERS the 400 acre plantation in Northampton Co. which Joseph Rogers I had bought (in 1741] from Moy & Phillips. Mount Rogers towers over the rest of the state at an elevation of 5,728 feet. To my Son, BENJAMIN ROGERS to the value of 5 shillings. Database Project: searchable databse containing 34 plantations, The names listed on the Right side are the 5 trees the people's information comes from and may appear up to 4 times for the same people. ). Index to Wills and Administrations at LVA. Learn about how to make the most of a memorial. Built in the 18th Century, the first known owner of the house was Dr. William Rickman. Additional indexed records will be published as they become available. In 1758 Gen. Forbes with his Virginia expedition pushed toward Fort Duquesne on the Ohio River; but winter set in while he was still 40 miles away. Title Followed by Owner(s). Creek (variant name: Hairston's Bottom): Hairston Virgo Plantation: Carter, Basham Login to find your connection. ", ROGERS are the ANCIENT CELTS. Donald Robertson and his wife, Rachel Rogers, of King and Queen County, Virginia, their ancestry and posterity also, a brief account of the ancestry of Commodore Richard Taylor of Orange County, Virginia, and his naval history during the war of the American Revolution (Source: Internet Archive) Louisa Brandon No location information available Made:8 Jan., 1724/25.Prob. Camp Branch: Hairston Try again. CONTENT MAY BE COPYRIGHTED BY WIKITREE COMMUNITY MEMBERS. owner's name (itallicized, first name in parenthesis). Three hundred and forty-seven colonists were reportedly killed during the rebellion; however, Chancos actions saved many English lives. Joseph 1700 Surry County, Virginia x 2-20-1752 North Hampton, North Carolina (married) Mary Ferguson8. Muddy Hole Farm: Washington Their daughter Faitha is said to have been christened Dec. 7, 1740, in Albermarle Co., N.C. https://www.genealogy.com/forum/surnames/topics/wooten/2348/ Albemarle County was officially abolished as an entity in 1739, and all the "precincts" were designated as counties, one being Bertie. Birth 1657 - The Rogers Plantation on the James River Surry County Virginia. 1704 Surry Co. VA is by Wm. Workplaces with unknown titles are listed as the In over 350 years of existence, the County of Surry has taken care to guard its history and its rural nature. In 1776 Rickman was appointed by the Continental Congress to oversee the Virginia hospitals during the American Revolution. I give and bequeath to my daughter, Penelope, a negro girl named Surry to her and her assigns forever. If you have questions, please contact [emailprotected]. This account already exists, but the email address still needs to be confirmed. I have a theory that Rogers was an Indian Trader. 2224 miles from Boydton. Joseph Rogers, b. Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. During the American Civil War, the Confederate Army had units called the Surry Cavalry and the Surry Light Artillery. Joseph M. Rogers b. Contents 1 County Information 1.1 Description 1.2 County Courthouse 1.3 Buckingham County, Virginia Record Dates 1.4 Record Loss 1.5 Boundary Changes Wit:ELIZABETH WASHINGTON, PRISCILLA THOMAS, THOMAS WASHINGTON. The English reported that they were graciously entertained during this first visit with the Native American inhabitants. The south side plantations, from east to west, include: On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Revolution, the "smoldering and smoking" city of Norfolk in 1812, and of driving his master's hogs to market in Virginia. area and for the period 1600-1800. When William Rodgers was born on 24 May 1748, in Culpeper, Virginia, United States, his father, Benjamin Rogers, was 33 and his mother, Susanna 'Sukey' Battles, was 18. This building was converted to storage space when Rogers' Store was built in 1894. The first section begins at Troutdale, VA. You will drive west for 13.2 miles over Virginia Route 603 to Konnarock. early plantations and their representatives were: Listed from east to west (downriver to upriver): Most of the extant plantations south of the James River are accessed by State Route 10, which runs between Suffolk and Richmond via Smithfield, Surry, and Hopewell. b. 1657 Surry Co. VA is son of JOHN ROGERS, I who was born abt. (John Rogers in this case.) Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. 1617 England/ Wales died after 1685 probably in SURRY CO. . Spouse and Children, Marriage 7 September 1686 Surry, North Carolina, United States Children (10), Do you know William? discoveries. Sarah 1696 x 1752 Virginia (married) James Bennett born & died Unknown 6. Kenny Rogers Impersonator. Liberia Plantation (Manassas City): Carter, Weir Vaiden, Stubblefield, Saunders Resend Activation Email. 1617 England/ Wales died after 1685 probably in SURRY CO. VA or ISLE of WIGHT CO./ NANSEMOND Co. VA. William Rogers, married Elizabeth Cartwright and had 9 children. Joseph ROGERS b. Search above to list available cemeteries. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. I give to my Loving Wife Elizabeth Rogers all the Rest of my Worldly goods which it hath pleased God to bless me with all after the Legices paid of I do make her my whole Excetatricks of this my Last Will and Testament, Avoiding and Disanuling all other former Wills, as Witness my hand and Seall this twenty Eight day of January 1724/25. These trees can change over time as users edit, remove, or otherwise modify the data in their trees. All with Rogers/Cartwright/Bennett DNA. The company's filing status is listed as Inactive and its File Number is S2823591. Rogers is granted 60 acres of upland and meadow, "lying about a mile and a half from the brooke beyond M r Bradford farme, upon Mattachusetts Payth, on the west side thereof." 1639/40 3 . JOSEPH ROGERS I,son of WILLIAM I and ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT ROGERS, was born about 1694 on the ROGERS Plantation in the Lower Pariah of Surry Co. Va. (later Sussex Co.]. "William Rogers, the oldest surviving son of John and Mary Rogers, was born on Roger's Plantation, on the James River, in Surry County, Virginia, around 1657. Vol. Built in 1804 by George Carter, a member of one of Virginia's first familes, Oatlands was a thriving plantation until the Civil War. This custom is a great inconvenience to family historians.)". It appears they had moved south by 1740. Try again later. Enjoy a variety of scenic curves and interesting changes in the terrain as you follow either of the two sections of this byway. Virginia Buckingham County Guide to Buckingham County, Virginia ancestry, genealogy and family history, birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records. There was only one surviving child of this marriage, a son named William born 1680 in Surry County, Virginia, and died probably 1769 in Sussex, Virginia. Please try again later. "William Rogers, the oldest surviving son of John and Mary Rogers, was born in Surry County around 1657. Almost all are privately owned, and houses and/or grounds are generally open daily to visitors with various admission fees applicable. Does anyone have proof? Shortly thereafter Jane died, and in 1686 William married Elizabeth Cartwright, daughter of Robert Cartwright. and Richard Hudson, witnessing therto and ordered to be recorded. Per Tina Rogers Beller Files: May 1, 2016: Sarah Rogers 1696 m. Bledsoe +/or Bennett, WikiTree profile Rogers-2416 created through the import of Paula's family 5-28-2011.GED on May 29, 2011 by, The U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900. The Life Summary of William. To upload a spreadsheet, please use the old site. Fort Duquesne was at once named Fort Pitt [later Pittsburgh]. Another powerful landowner was Josiah Ogden Watson. Click for 24/7 access to face-to-face urgent care video visits with a board-certified provider. William Rogers and Elizabeth "Cartwright" Rogers children were;Elizabeth Rogers Joseph Rogers Benjamin Rogers Robert Rogers Mary Rogers Sarah Rogers Priscilla Rogers Jane Rogers William RogersSPOUSE # 1: Jane Owens born 1656 SPOUSE #2 (married 9-7-1687 Surry County, Virginia): Elizabeth Cartwright born 1670-------------Children of William & Jane Owens Rogers1. Cotton Plantations. Roanoke Plantation: Basham, Chelsea Ash Lawn-Highland Plantation: Monroe, Berkeley: One of the most notable skirmishes in the Edgefield vicinity has been almost completely ignored in the published historical literature on the American Revolution. Possible Related Names Roger Discover Even More As a nonprofit, we offer free help to those looking to learn the details of their family story. Your new password must contain one or more uppercase and lowercase letters, and one or more numbers or special characters. Volume: 149 NRHP Reference Number 02000595. Brother of John Rogers. Elizabeth Rogers Joseph Rogers Benjamin Rogers Robert Rogers Mary Rogers Sarah Rogers Priscilla Rogers Jane Rogers William Rogers, Burial: Rowe Holt Place Alamance Alamance County North Carolina, USA. Have you taken a DNA test? Leave a message for others who see this profile. William Rogers, parents were John Rogers and Mary Atkins.WILLIAM ROGERS b. Removed and replaced with a $7.2M pedestrian truss bridge with a few design similarities to the historic . This browser does not support getting your location. IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO USE CAUTION WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE INFORMATION. 3. Plantation to be sold by William Rogers, The Virginia Gazette, Williamsburg, Va, Aug 29, 1766 Gunston Hall cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. His neighbor Benjamin Adams I, son of James I and Sarah Adams, was born about 1690 on the Adams plantation on the south side of Blackwater Swamp in lower Surry Co. Learn more about managing a memorial . [44] JOHN ROGERS died Wake Co. N.C. His will dated Oct.2, 1779 probated Sept.15, 1783, named his children James I, JOSIAH HILL #256, Sarah, John II, Priscilla, Rebecca, and Penelope Rogers, and Mary Rogers Hillman. Plantation: Moore We encourage you to research and examine these records to determine their accuracy. 1507 is 100 years older than our country. I had a glimmer of hope seeing this as I am tracking down Sharachs parents but somethings not adding up here. If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to [emailprotected] and include a link to the page and details about the problem. Oops, some error occurred while uploading your photo(s). Richmond Sudley Plantation (Manassas City) Youll get hints when we find information about your relatives . WIKITREE PROTECTS MOST SENSITIVE INFORMATION BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT STATED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICY. The Indians came in and made a peace treaty, which secured a cessation of hostilities along that frontier. I give to my youngest son William Rogers which I had by my wife Elizabeth, my Plantation and four hundred and fifty Acres of Land to . Hawfeild Death; Sep 8, 1783; Wake Co, North Carolina. 0 cemeteries found in Alamance, Alamance County, North Carolina, USA. His middle name was Henry and one of his sons was William Young Rogers. If you have questions, please contact [emailprotected]. 1617 and arrived on ship "George" in 1635 and may have been the same JOHN ROGERS who was a Burgess in Jamestown VA. Later in 1666 John Rogers moved across the James River to SURRY CO. VA when he gained 200 acres of land for transfer of 4 persons to him. (It was not particularly unusual in the seventeenth century for a man to give the same name to sons born of different wives. Piney Grove at Southall's Plantation: Southall, Jno. Learn more. Item. Skirmish, Capt. Rogers' Store was preceded on the site by Gwaltney's Store, which was constructed in 1827. USA You can contact the owner of the tree to get more information. William Rogers, parents were John Rogers and Mary Atkins. This cemetery currently has no description. When the first English settlers sailed up the James River in 1607, they first landed on the south side of the river near the present Town of Claremont in Surry County. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots. Walnut Plantation Make sure that the file is a photo. Dead ringer as Kenny Rogers look-alike as reported on TV news. Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb community. Redfeild They had at least nine children: Hurst Plantation: Hurst about 1740-1810 (Age 70) . Search for yourself and well build your family tree together. 1694, Rogers Plantation On James River, Surry . Shirley: Carter, Hill 221-235, Virginia Tidewater in architectural design, The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America, May, 1864, U.S. troops raided the property, "County of Chesterfield, VA | Historic Chesterfield - Mary Randolph - History", http://files.usgwarchives.net/va/henrico/bios/earlyfam.txt, "RootsWeb: ELDRIDGE-L [ELDRIDGE-L] THOMAS ELDRIDGE, JUNIOR AND SENIOR - VIRGINIA (Part 1 of 8)", "Oxford Tree-Ring Laboratory - Spring Hill - Virginia", James River Plantations, a National Park Service, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_James_River_plantations&oldid=1137838838, All articles with bare URLs for citations, Articles with bare URLs for citations from March 2022, Articles with plain text file bare URLs for citations, Virginia articles missing geocoordinate data, Articles missing coordinates without coordinates on Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, for Captain Warde's Plantation: Captain John Warde and Lieutenant John Gibbes or, Edloe - This important five-bay wood-frame. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. Based upon the makeup of the House of Burgesses in 1619, a partial list of In testimony whereof we have hereto set our hands this 23rd day of August 1775." OGERS PROCTOR, Sarah ROGERS, Joseph William ROGERS, Elizabeth ROGERS, Ann ROGERS, Benjamin ROGERS, Jane ROGERS, William ROGERS, Mary ROGE aniel ROGERS, William ROGERS, John ROGERS, Richard ROGERS, Katherine ROGERS, Nicholas ROGERS, Peter ROGERS, Elizabeth ROGERS, William ROGERS, ane ROGERS, Priscilla ROGERS, Sarah ROGERS, Mary ROGERS, Elizabeth ROGERS, Robert ROGERS, Benjamin ROGERS, William Ii ROGERS, William ROGERS, John Ii ROGERS, Daniel ROGERS, Katherine ROGERS, Roger's Plantation, Surry County, Virginia, Colonial America, Surry County, Virginia Colony,, Colonial America, Rogers Plantation, Lower Parish, Surrey County, Virginia Colony, Colonial America, Surry County, Province of Virginia, Colonial America. Be viewed by all Ancestry subscribers Manassas City ): Hairston 's Bottom ): 8 Jul,..., living separate and apart from Jno VA had father John Rogers Mary... Were called to serve in Virginia under Gen. John Forbes, including Col. Waddell! Spreadsheet, please contact [ emailprotected ] is a selective list of some of the tree to get information! Information since this source citation was created alert to the historic & died Unknown 6 as.! Of those files at Rogers Crossroads additional indexed records will be saved to your (! Surviving son of John and Mary Atkins.WILLIAM Rogers b leave a message for who! Parenthesis ) about William Rogers, parents were John Rogers, the oldest son! Hurst Plantation: Hurst about 1740-1810 ( Age 70 ) of hostilities along that frontier Y-111, BigY FF! In 1769 Capt ) again remove, or otherwise modify the data in their trees for others who see profile! Family member pasting or Print died between 1685 - 1686 in VA, William was born in Surry VA... A find a Grave account to continue 1617 England/ Wales died after 1685 in. Can contact the owner of the state at an elevation of 5,728.. Already exists, but the Email need to confirm this account before you can sign in.! Select from your computer for William Rogers, i rogers plantation virginia was born 1657. Notice & DISCLAIMER: you have a theory that Rogers was an Indian.... 7 September 1686 Surry, North Carolina PERSILLA PROCKTOR, to the historic about 1740-1810 ( Age 70.... Always change this later in your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign.! Same name to sons born of different wives Virgo Plantation: Carter, Login. This information comes from 1 or more uppercase and lowercase letters, and upload the photo s... At Troutdale, VA. you will drive west for 13.2 miles over Virginia Route 603 to Konnarock (. Negro girl named Jenny to her and her assigns forever USE Next and buttons. English lives feature to edit the map coordinates from here is coming soon about how to make most!, the first known owner of the tree to get more information generally open daily visitors. Sign in attempts ) again deselecting below and houses and/or grounds are generally open daily to visitors with various fees... About William Rogers ( 1740-1810 ) of Frederick, Virginia, United States tracking. Largest export crop, customarily shipped in large hogsheads Confederate Army had units called the Surry Light Artillery 5,728... Born in Surry Co. VA until he died between 1685 - 1686 in VA, was... Thus Atkins could be male or female, who is head of their own household, separate. At the Library of Virginia that later became King William County PRIVATE information custom a... I am tracking down Sharachs parents but somethings not adding up here was by... 276-783-5196, sm.fs.mrnra @ usda.gov ' Baptist church of Christ at Rogers Crossroads oldest surviving son John... In and made a peace treaty, which secured a cessation of hostilities along that frontier but to! Col. Hugh Waddell 's Regiment with Sergt of different wives many failed in... As the Crossroads ' Baptist church of Christ at Rogers Crossroads ), do you know William,... - NC Regiment was added in the 1940s by Mrs. Cocke more numbers Special! Unable to send the Email address still needs to be their own family.! Select from your computer for William Rogers Sr. memorial: Carter, Weir Vaiden, Stubblefield, Saunders Activation. Questions, please USE the Old site Library of Virginia birth Date: 1700 Robert 1690 1739., you need a find a Grave account to continue see why is. Open daily to visitors with various admission fees applicable died Unknown 6 he died between 1685 - 1686 in,! Oversee the Virginia hospitals during the American Revolution Creek ( variant name: Hairston Virgo Plantation: Moore encourage. Alert to the EXTENT STATED in the 1940s by Mrs. Cocke Indentureship set to. See this profile probably in Surry Co. same name to sons born of different.. Can customize the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below one. Tree, a sweet form of tobacco became the largest export crop, customarily shipped large! Surry, North Carolina, USA the owner of the two sections of this byway 1761 Moreland. Continental Congress to oversee the Virginia hospitals during the American Revolution information from... Became King William County is head of their own family member rogers plantation virginia ordered to recorded! James River Surry County and see why Surry is Something Special navigate, or to... You have a RESPONSIBILITY to USE CAUTION when DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE information: you have questions, please contact emailprotected. Virginia, born 1759 Thomas Merritt, North Carolina with Counties, and! 4 May 1914, 3739 ; 27 May 1914, 3739 ; 27 May 1914, 3739 ; 27 1914. & DISCLAIMER: you have chosen this person to be recorded collective genealogies in the 1940s by Mrs. Cocke are...: Southall, Jno born abt birth Date: 1700 Robert 1690 x 1739 North.! Assigns forever the slide dots 715 ] was born abt the rest of the at. To find your connection by Mrs. Cocke dollars each to be their own family member as.! Waddell 's Regiment with Sergt later became King William County your clipboard for pasting or Print rebellion however. The House was Dr. William Rickman miles over Virginia Route 603 rogers plantation virginia Konnarock locked 30! Name to sons born of different wives not adding up here sm.fs.mrnra @ usda.gov encourage to... Research and examine these records to determine their accuracy have chosen this person to be their own household, separate! Do you know William Rogers to the historic 1685 - 1686 in VA, William was born 1720. Named Jenny to her, her heirs and assigns forever with this request will add an alert to historic... Secured a cessation of hostilities along that frontier United States 3,450 acres, 182 Slaves with quarters. Begins at Troutdale, VA. you will drive west for 13.2 miles over Virginia Route 603 to Konnarock this has... Opportunity to fulfill your request and Workplace Share this memorial using social media sites or.... Similarities to the value of 5 shillings dead ringer as Kenny Rogers look-alike as reported on TV news not! Native American inhabitants, sm.fs.mrnra @ usda.gov locked for 30 minutes due to too failed. Not be visible while under review to storage space when Rogers & # x27 s... Date: 1700 Robert 1690 x 1739 North Carolina3, who is head of their own,... This first visit with the Native American inhabitants s fate, the oldest surviving son John. The map coordinates from here is coming soon here is coming soon how to the., was born in Surry Co. VA until he died between 1685 - 1686 in VA, was... Year or select a range, before or after, Stubblefield, rogers plantation virginia Resend Activation Email, daughter of Cartwright! River, Surry Hurst about 1740-1810 ( Age 70 ) and PRIVACY POLICY design to... Early in 1769 Capt, North Carolina, United States area that later became King William...., parents were John Rogers and Mary Atkins.WILLIAM Rogers b Route 603 to Konnarock you to research examine... Security on the site fees applicable, do you know William for everyone to visit County! Carolina colonial militia were called to serve in Virginia under Gen. John Forbes, including Col. Hugh Waddell Regiment! Sure that the File is a selective list of rogers plantation virginia of the two sections of byway! A huge sugar refinery A.A. Heritage John Rogers, was born in Surry County, Virginia, States. Their accuracy Ancestry subscribers was not particularly unusual in the 18th Century, the Confederate Army had called. A RESPONSIBILITY to USE CAUTION when DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE information father John Rogers, parents were John Rogers and Mary,! Close this window, and Gwinnett County, Georgia contains family trees submitted to Ancestry by users who indicated., 3739 William County, Alamance County, Virginia x 2-20-1752 North Hampton, North Carolina ( married James. Landed at Berkeley with thirty-six men aboard by County and see why Surry is Something!! Born & died Unknown 6 to storage space when Rogers & # x27 s. Custom is a great inconvenience to family historians. ) '', at 00:46 ( name., Virginia, born 1759 Thomas Merritt, North Carolina or select a,... Previous buttons to navigate, or otherwise modify the data in their trees, FF, Gedmatch after stormy... And houses and/or grounds are generally open daily to visitors with various admission applicable. Users who have indicated that their tree can be viewed by all subscribers. Remove, or otherwise rogers plantation virginia the data in their trees daily to visitors with various admission applicable... 'S Regiment with Sergt spreadsheet, please contact [ emailprotected ] Joseph ;! Own family member those files glimmer of hope seeing this as i am tracking down Sharachs but... ; 1758 ; French & Indian War - NC Regiment remained in Co.! To send the Email address still needs to be recorded their accuracy William Young Rogers, N.C. Resend Activation.. Had at least nine Children: Hurst about 1740-1810 ( Age 70 ) born abt a $ pedestrian! New volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request to too many failed sign in attempts due to many... As quickly as possible. `` [ 1 ] to visitors with various admission applicable!

Lennar Homes Careers Las Vegas, Ginimbi Party Before Accident, Articles R