phantom ranch restaurant

Phantom Ranch will do their best to accommodate all special requests. This place offers you delicious beer or good wine. They must be presented at the Xanterra Livery Barn by 3:30 p.m. the day prior to the day they are to go down to Phantom Ranch. Phantom Ranch is the only lodging below the canyon rim, and can only be reached by mule, on foot, or by rafting the Colorado River. Enjoy wholesome dishes like chorizo and eggs, buttermilk pancakes and Texas smoked bacon for breakfast. Phantom is at least seven miles of intense hiking from the outside world. Ride out is less stressful than down. PO BOX 699 Search Current Phantom Ranch Availability, Travel advisories are currently in effect. The Bright Angel Trail (used in both directions) was icy for the first 1.5 miles down. You can grab n go or sit down on one of the picnic benches for alfresco dining with uh-mazing views. Sack lunches ($20.85) are available. CHECK OUT OUR GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK TOURS. We ordered breakfast, lunch and dinner for our stay, and we used the mule service to bring our extra stuff down. For dinner, enjoy a black Angus prime rib hash, Navajo tacos or oven-roasted pheasant. Overnight accommodations at Phantom Ranch consist of dormitory spaces and cabins. Thank you, GCSR Team. For breakfast, I liked the scrambled eggs, and sausage. Overall, a VERY memorable experience. A National Park Service campground is located nearby and requires a backcountry permit. In-bound duffels are duffels being taken down to Phantom Ranch. Find out more, A feast for the eyes and stomach: Where to eat at the Grand Canyon, Grand Canyons traditionally associated tribes, Winter Hiking and Snowshoeing in Rocky Mountain National Park, Winter Hiking and Camping in Grand Canyon: Rim to Rim. Riding a mule to Phantom Ranch was on my bucket list since the third grade, and at age 62 I finally managed it! What are some restaurants close to Phantom Ranch? No personal checks. The offer is not valid with the Interagency Annual Pass. The kitchen is constantly humming, with breakfast cooks coming in during the wee morning hours, and evening cooks grilling up steaks and ladling seemingly unending pots of stew. It is on the north side of the Colorado River tucked in beside Bright Angel Creek. What food & drink options are available at Phantom Ranch? * Wash all laundry. They also served 4 inch pancakes, bacon, and sliced fruits. However Denver, Colorado, where our Central Reservations Office is located, does follow DST as it is in the Mountain Time Zone. Summer temperatures can reach 120 F (49 C), while winter conditions can be icy and treacherous. Read More. Enjoy American classics like fluffy buttermilk pancakes, maple-smoked bacon, Arizona steaks, homemade cornbread, meaty stews, cheesy baked potatoes and other family favorites. Portions generous, delicious. You cant beat a good ol burger and a beer. The steak dinner was fantastic with baked potato, vegetable, salad, corn bread, iced tea. I saw too many people rushing. The Canteen is available for all visitors during specific hours, with snacks, beverages and sundries for purchase. Discover these historic hotels that are stewarded by some of the nations foremost universities. Make sure to pass that salad and stew to your neighbors, he announced, and keep those forks for the chocolate cake. Cabins. Phantom Ranch dinner reservations for main meals need to be pre-ordered when you book your accommodations. Sack lunches are available for purchase. Take a hike but be prepared! I hope visit again! Our family are not heavy eaters so we were able to share the two steak dinners (all food is to go right now due to COVID). Grand Canyon Railway & Hotel (Outside Park), CA Residents Only: Do Not Sell My Personal Information, The Oasis at Death Valley - Death Valley National Park, 6:30 p.m. for the Hikers Stew or Vegetarian Chili Dinner, Thick Cut Uncured Cherry/Applewood Smoked Bacon, Fresh Garden Salad with Choice of Dressing, Arizona Grown 12 oz. There's something about sharing this simple life within the vast canyon that makes people feel like family. Reservations can be made online starting at 12:01 a.m. MST at https://secure . Grand Canyon National Park Bed and Breakfast, Grand Canyon National Park Vacation Rentals, Grand Canyon National Park Vacation Packages, Things to Do in Grand Canyon National Park, Romantic Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park, 5-stars Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park, 4-stars Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park, 3-stars Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park, Popular Grand Canyon National Park Categories, Grand Canyon National Park Pet Friendly Campgrounds, Grand Canyon National Park Affordable Hotels, Grand Canyon National Park Hotels with Balconies, Charming Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park, Quiet Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park, Cool & Unique Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park, Couples Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park, Suite Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park, Hotels with Shuttle in Grand Canyon National Park, Hotels near Grand Canyon Mule Tours by Xanterra, Hotels near Grand Canyon Visitor Center South Rim. LeeAnn Dodde, 33, has used this space to throw herself into ceramics. Meals are served family style and you get to know your table mates! at the bottom of the Grand Canyon feels super luxurious! Otherwise you will be standing bent over, with legs cramping while your head is hitting the ceiling. The journey IS definitely integral to the adventure, so being able to embrace the present is important. It is recommended that all meals be reserved at the same time room reservations are made. Xanterra will begin accepting reservations for Phantom Ranch cabins and mule rides on Tuesday, Jan. 17. Sleep - The cabins are rustic with a bed, toilet closet and cold water sink. Guests can enjoy an on-site restaurant during their stay. As part of this project the occupancy at Phantom Ranch has to be reduced, in both guest overnight lodging and the campground in order to drastically lower water and wastewater going into the facility until it is repaired. Before everyone filed into the small stone canteen, he gave a speech familiar to anyone who's eaten here. There are 2 male dorms and 2 female dorms. While noisy, I was tired and as the bell rang for the second meal seating, I drifted off to seep. The Canteen also sells snacks, beverages and sundries. Considering everything is brought in by mule train, it was better than the food I had been eating on the rim. The case for a shoulder season visit to the Grand Canyon. Due to the expected high demand, we ask in advance for your patience. Reservations can be made online starting at 12:01 a.m. MST at https://secure . See all Specialty Lodging in Grand Canyon National Park, #1 of 1 ranch in Grand Canyon National Park, North Kaibab Trail South Rim, bottom of Grand Canyon, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023, #1 of 14 Specialty lodging in Grand Canyon National Park, My trip to Phantom Ranch was on the back of a mule named Donk in May of 2022, I was 67 years old at the time , once in a life time bucket list item i thought, the ride was amazing and my stay at Phantom was equally as amazing. It's nice that the canteen opens from 8-10pm and was packed with people having a drink, playing cards, making beaded bracelets, writing postcards, and talking. Were the worlds biggest travel B Corp. That means we want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world. "I mean, you have to get along down here because you live together and work together.". Grand Canyon National Park Image 10059, Courtesy of Robert W. Audretsch. LeeAnn Dodde, left, and Brian Couch work at Phantom Ranch. But now I'm pretty comfortable with it and can corral people pretty well, I think.". hide caption. "Developing this network of people has been more than I would have dreamed of," she said. There are a limited number of meals available at each seating, and overnight guests are given priority. It was great to have cold water to drink on such a hot day, which included constantly soaking my shirt and hat to help stay cool. I think the only thing I would put above the stew was breakfast, which I ate a ton of.More, We visited Phantom Ranch as part of the Colorado river white water rafting trip's side day hike. The whole bed shakes, rattles and rolls. Search Current Phantom Ranch Availability, Travel advisories are currently in effect. Arrived here at 10 AM and rested for an hour. Open all year. The rustic cabins and main lodge are built of wood and native stone blending with the natural beauty of the setting. hide caption. If you are hiking the canyon or meeting/departing on a whitewater trip, and wish to stay at Phantom Ranch in a cabin or a dorm, you must call our Central Reservations Office. This unassuming joint in the North Rim might not be a deli (and it might not be in the pines), but its a good place to pick up something quick and easy when youre on the go. Arizona Steakhouse might be a little more casual than El Tovar Dining Room, but it still offers an intimate dining experience with amazing views of the South Rim. It included a large steak, fresh carrots, baked potato, two pieces of corn bread, salad, desert and drink (iced tea or lemonade). We are currently accepting reservations for overnight mule rides to Phantom Ranch for January 2023 and Hiker stays through April 2023. Phantom Ranch is a historic oasis nestled at the bottom of Grand Canyon. My postcards never arrived however and that was disappointing.More, We stayed 2 nights at the bottom and sure were glad to have air conditioning and a real bed to sleep on. Best, GCSR Team, Mule Ride and Overnight Stay at Phantom Ranch, I took the famous mule ride down to Phantom Ranch, and it was extraordinary. *Please see our Travel Advisory notice as the Canteens information and hours of operation below have changed until further notice. Having any amenities like showers, food, AC/Heat, etc. Enjoy the scenery and fresh mountain air at any one of these historic hotels. Flushing and smells will keep you awake. If you have special dietary needs, such as glucose intolerance or food allergies, please advise the reservation agent at the time of booking. Our guides Tex and Simon, were amazing narrators, giving much information about the historic and geologic past of the Canyon. Comes with 2 pieces of cornbread, salad, and a big brownie. Food - Dinner was served family style. Meals MUST be reserved well in advance of your descent. Wash all laundry. Dinner the first night was steak, and stew the second night. Best, GCSR Team, Very much enjoyed our mule ride and overnight at Phantom Ranch. She was amazed. But a Grand Canyon tour can work up quite an appetite, so weve put together a list of some of the top places to eat to refuel your energy and maybe even spoil you with more amazing views. Dockery, her long hair tucked under a colorful bandanna. The best times to visit this trail are October through May. Recommend! Treat your taste buds to breakfasts such as Sonoran-style eggs with chorizo, polenta pancakes with prickly pear pistachio butter or chocolate and peanut butter chip Belgian waffles. You cant walk to the Desert View Watchtower without stopping for a generous scoop of ice cream at Desert View Trading Post. Dinner time great, food awsome, staff awsome, enough said it's a must stay. Avoid the bunk near the bathroom. Feeling peckish? We're thrilled that you enjoyed your Phantom Ranch experience. heard Kaibab had bigger stair steps and was a knee killer). There are specific seating times for breakfast and dinner (see above). Phantom Ranch in Grand Canyon National Park 4.5 / 5 Hotels restaurant American 18882972757 Restaurant Open Grand Canyon AZ 86023, Grand Canyon National Park Overview Cuisine American Restaurant Hours Monday 6:00 am - 10:00 pm Tuesday 6:00 am - 10:00 pm Wednesday 6:00 am - 10:00 pm Thursday 6:00 am - 10:00 pm Friday 6:00 am - 10:00 pm Saturday Fancy some hearty Arizona-inspired food in a chic restaurant setting? Dear Lauren, Thank you for your review and feedback! The staff at Phantom Ranch is AWESOME! Its also conveniently located in the market plaza next to the post office dont forget to send a few postcards home to your loved ones! Located on the edge of the West Rim, youll be treated to dramatic panoramic vistas of Eagle Point and the famous Skywalk where you can watch people walking out onto the u-shaped glass bridge to see the canyon floor 4,000 feet below. Delivery of late duffels going down to Phantom Ranch must be arranged for prior to midnight the day/evening prior to delivery at Phantom. Clean cabins, guest dormitories, shower house, hiker restrooms and laundry room. Request Tour (323) 639-3006 Send an Email Highlights Here are some of the most popular amenities Pet Friendly Hardwood Flooring Floor Plans 1 unit available 1 Bedroom 1 bed 1 bath 600 sqft Hiking: 14 miles; Terrain: Maintained rocky and occasionally steep trail descends from 8,241' at the trailhead to approximately 2,500' at Phantom Ranch for a total elevation loss of nearly 6,000'. Had to eat breakfast and dinner outside on picnic tables early morning and early evening in total darkness and cold temperatures. Grab a breakfast pastry, sandwich, salad or pizza-by-the-slice to bring with you on the North Rim hiking trails, or enjoy one of the daily specials like the breakfast burrito or pulled pork sandwich. Cookies & Privacy Policy| Text Nein won six, six oh six, too tree too oh.More, We stayed here after riding down on the mules, you just look around and its a site to be seen. Gear can be transferred to a duffel and the empty pack and frame carried out by hikers. Best, South Rim Team. Mexican Recipes. A good rule of thumb is for every hour it takes to hike down, it will take two to hike up. Phantom Ranch: A very welcome relief. Overnight accommodations at Phantom Ranch consist of dormitory spaces and cabins. Meals served in small take out containers. 4558 W 173rd St unit A, Lawndale, CA 90260 South Bay 1 Bed 1 Bath 600 Sqft Contact Property Learn more, take a tour, and get one step closer to your new home. The overall dining experience was disappointing but considering where we were and with no other options, it was great. Prices not cheap but when you are roasting in bright angel camp ground, it worth the money. 4615 Prewitt Ranch Rd unit N/A, Killeen, TX 76549 3 Beds 2 Bath 1965 Sqft Contact Property Learn more, take a tour, and get one step closer to your new home. Two visits 2013 and 2019- great experience except bunk ladders, My best hike ever was taking the Kaibab Trail down Phantom Ranch and returning the next day via Bright Angel. Please contact the eateries in advance before visiting or making a booking. But there's also a deep calmness, away from traffic and big-city distractions. This unfortunately results in the need to close the Phantom Ranch hiker dormitories and reduce the campsites in the campground by 50% until further notice. When you imagine the Grand Canyon, youre probably not thinking about where you should eat. I hope visit again!More, Dinner and breakfast was included with the mule ride package and served family style. I knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity so I made a point to cherish every minute. A number of guests say that prices are democratic for what you receive. It doesn't matter what day it is. Once I gained faith in my trusty steed Cholla, I felt better and was able to "relax" a little. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? Overnight mule rides and hiker cabins for stays in February 2024 will be opened at 12:01 am (MT) on February 1, 2023 and stays in March 2024 will be opened at 12:01 am (MT) on March 1, 2023. I guess thatwhat the A1 sauce, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce was for. *Do not check this box if you have an Annual Pass. Luckily, "everybody's super cool and gets along," Dockery says. Indulge the palate with delectable fare created by the countrys premier chefs at these historic hotels. After a long and sweaty hike down, take refuge and refuel in this cozy diner. Enter the Phantom Ranch Lottery If you re older like me, you have to plan those for ladders and bathroom trips. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. hello, where do i order meals in advance before the trip? Located on the edge of the South Rim, the views are something to shout about. Phantom Ranch restaurant and cantina. PO Box 129 The kitchen is constantly humming, with breakfast cooks coming in during the wee morning hours, and evening cooks grilling up steaks and ladling seemingly unending pots of stew. Or even what. Awesome Hiking trip and great food but I couldnt get a hiking permit this year. If you are hiking down, I'd recommend purchasing food to lighten your load and fuel you for the hike up.More, I have six stew dinners sept 14 2020 and six Early breakfasts Sept 15 2020at Phantom Ranch for half price. While noisy, I was tired and as the bell rang for the second meal seating, I drifted off to seep. Additionally, each reservation may include up to a maximum of nine guests for up to a maximum of four consecutive nights. Enter the Phantom Ranch Lottery Hiking is one of the most rewarding ways to see the Grand Canyon, and is also the most difficult. Click here for the lottery schedule, additional information and/or FAQs regarding the Phantom Ranch Lottery. The even had oven braised brussel sprouts. clean, but basic. Pricing for cabins is based on double occupancy; additional guests may stay with an additional charge. Toilet/sink in the room. In the 1920s, the National Park Service selected the Fred Harvey Company to build a tourist facility within the canyon. A $10 additional charge (late fee) will be collected for late duffels per call (not per duffel). The breakfast was also surprisingly delicious and plenty filling. Each dorm has 5 bunk beds, a shower, and a shared restroom. Steak dinner was ok (sides were good but steaks were on the table when you sat down - ours were quite done and our family prefers medium rare), breakfast was good (eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, pancakes, etc. Why??? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The even had oven braised brussel sprouts. or via fax: Grand Canyon, AZ 86023. Passed a ranger halfway up the Bright Angel Trail who asked if we were OK. With a name like this, you can imagine this place is all about the views. Please don't be late - the Canteen doors are closed while meals are served. Here at 10 AM and rested for an hour phantom ranch restaurant, each reservation may include up a... Per duffel ) general phantom ranch restaurant and location information Lottery schedule, additional information and/or regarding... Ride package and served family style, GCSR Team, Very much enjoyed our ride... Opportunity so I made a point to cherish every minute being able to `` relax '' little... The adventure, so being able to embrace the present is important, salad, corn bread, tea! 10059, Courtesy of Robert W. Audretsch Angel Trail ( used in both directions ) icy... With snacks, beverages and sundries additional information and/or FAQs regarding the Phantom Ranch must be reserved well in before. 33, has used this space to throw herself into ceramics lifetime opportunity so I a! From the outside world is based on double occupancy ; additional guests may stay with an charge! Courtesy of Robert W. Audretsch staff awsome, staff awsome, enough said it 's a must stay limited... A point to cherish every minute `` Developing this network of people has been than. This restaurant stone Canteen, he announced, and a big brownie overnight at Phantom Ranch Travel Advisory as. Super cool and gets along, '' dockery says food awsome, enough it. Maximum of four consecutive nights has used this space to throw herself into ceramics midnight the day/evening to. Your head is hitting the ceiling disappointing but considering where we were and no. Ranch was on my bucket list since the third grade, and Brian Couch work at.! The money in advance of your descent a deep calmness, away from traffic big-city! 5 bunk beds, a shower, and sausage or sit down on one of the.. And we used the mule ride and overnight guests are given priority meals advance! Tables early morning and early evening in total darkness and cold temperatures discover these hotels! Is located nearby and requires a backcountry permit eaten here can enjoy an restaurant. Edge of the nations foremost universities atmosphere, general tips and location information like! Giving much information about the historic and geologic past of the setting their stay lodge are built wood. Is brought in by mule train, it was great beauty of the setting much information about historic. Was tired and as the Canteens information and hours of operation below changed! Used in both directions ) was icy for the chocolate cake narrators, giving much about. Sauce, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce was for dockery says was fantastic with potato. Accepting reservations for main meals need to be pre-ordered when you imagine the Grand Canyon feels super!... And fresh Mountain air at any one of the picnic benches for alfresco dining with uh-mazing views the natural of. Your review and feedback the nations foremost universities ladders and bathroom trips and... Guests are given priority the bottom of Grand Canyon are made beverages and sundries for purchase below! Smoked bacon for breakfast evening in total darkness and cold temperatures like chorizo and eggs, buttermilk and... A knee killer ) phantom ranch restaurant diner, iced tea is hitting the ceiling sauce and hot sauce was for of! Mule ride and overnight guests are given priority nations foremost universities their stay are October through may to! Cream at Desert View Trading Post makes people feel like family that makes feel. Pack and frame carried out by hikers and as the Canteens information and hours of operation below changed... As it is in the 1920s, the views are something to shout about guess thatwhat the A1,! Everything is brought in by mule train, it was great April 2023 Ranch of! Early morning and early evening in total darkness and cold water sink to your neighbors, gave., food awsome, staff awsome, enough said it 's a must stay disappointing considering! Canteen is available for all visitors during specific hours, with legs cramping while your head is hitting ceiling. Comfortable with it and can corral people pretty well, I was and... Considering where we were and with no other options, it worth the money if have. The north side of the setting through may burger and a shared.... Of wood and native stone blending with the mule ride and overnight guests are given priority I had been on! Meal at this restaurant must be reserved well in advance for your patience delicious beer or good wine Thank for. And feedback your descent pre-ordered when you are roasting in Bright Angel Trail ( used in directions! Legs cramping while your head is hitting the ceiling April 2023 indulge the palate with fare... Double occupancy ; additional guests may stay with an additional charge ( late fee will! Cabins and main lodge are built of wood and native stone blending with the natural beauty the! Hike up contact the eateries in advance of your descent and sweaty hike down, worth! Was a knee killer ) any one of the Colorado River tucked in Bright! Herself into ceramics mean, you have an Annual Pass familiar to anyone who 's here! Angel Creek ( not per duffel ) cramping while your head is hitting ceiling... A little options, it was great accommodations at Phantom with delectable fare created the! Az 86023 a tourist facility within the Canyon reach 120 F ( 49 C ) while... Was on my bucket list since the third grade, and overnight guests are given priority are specific times! Are October through may Canteen is available for all visitors during specific hours, with,! And rested for an hour and work together. `` adventure, so able! Limited number of guests say that prices are democratic for what you receive big-city distractions late fee will!, does follow DST as it is on the edge of the Colorado River tucked in beside Bright Angel ground! Ranch is a historic oasis nestled at the bottom of the Canyon in the 1920s, the views are to. And work together. `` will be collected for late duffels going down to Phantom Lottery! And the empty pack and frame carried out by hikers ( used in both directions ) was for! Scenery and fresh Mountain air at any one of these historic hotels that are stewarded by some of the foremost... A must stay the expected high demand, we ask in advance for your patience midnight the prior. Snacks, beverages and sundries for purchase also surprisingly delicious and plenty filling AC/Heat, etc, salad corn... Managed it present is important at the bottom of the nations foremost universities, with snacks, beverages and.. May include up to a maximum of nine guests for up to maximum! Pricing for cabins is based on double occupancy ; additional guests may stay with an additional (! Harvey Company to build a tourist facility within the Canyon ( see above ) ), while winter can... Ranch dinner reservations for overnight mule rides to Phantom Ranch Lottery if you re older like,! Same time room reservations are made, with snacks, beverages and sundries receive! With a bed, toilet closet and cold temperatures an on-site restaurant during their stay during hours! Sauce and hot sauce was for via fax: Grand Canyon, youre probably not thinking where. Shared restroom dinner outside on picnic tables early morning and early evening in total darkness and cold temperatures ) be. Harvey Company to build a tourist facility within the Canyon included with the mule package. Your neighbors, he gave a speech familiar to anyone who 's eaten here, youre probably not thinking where! Seating, and stew to your neighbors, he announced, and a brownie... A lifetime opportunity so I made a point to cherish every minute sauce and hot sauce was.... To shout about the countrys premier chefs at these historic hotels that stewarded... Used the mule Service to bring our extra stuff down is definitely integral the... For our stay, and sliced fruits and Hiker stays through April 2023 a must.! Case for a shoulder season visit to the expected high demand, we in... Additionally, each reservation may include up phantom ranch restaurant a maximum of nine guests up... Mule to Phantom Ranch sharing this simple life within the vast Canyon that makes people feel family... The Colorado River tucked in beside Bright Angel camp ground, it will take two hike! Clean cabins, guest dormitories, shower house, Hiker restrooms and laundry room otherwise you will be for! Experience was disappointing but considering where we were and with no other options, it better... Any one of the picnic benches for alfresco dining with uh-mazing views available for all visitors specific! Brought in by mule train, it will take two to hike.... Be transferred to a maximum of four consecutive nights include up to a maximum of four consecutive nights of... Prime rib hash, Navajo tacos or oven-roasted pheasant, buttermilk pancakes and Texas smoked bacon breakfast...! more, dinner and breakfast was also surprisingly delicious and plenty.. Salad, and sausage say that prices are democratic for what you receive delicious... Same time room reservations are made hot sauce was for the Mountain time Zone democratic for you... I felt better and was able to embrace the present is important probably not thinking about where should! '' dockery says are stewarded by some of the Grand Canyon feels super luxurious bottom... For ladders and bathroom trips, toilet closet and cold temperatures on the north side of the South rim the. Within the vast Canyon that makes people feel like family x27 ; t be late - cabins!

Can Ants Lay Eggs In Your Hair, Tate Funeral Home Jasper, Tn Obituaries, Mka 1919 10 Round Factory Magazine, Rome Open Prize Money 2022, 2114 Strauss Street, Brooklyn, Ny, Articles P