olympic elite vs maximum

Best Deck Prep?
, New Look - Same Formula - Waterproofing Properties, /cms/cms/getmedia/189f8fa0-d4bf-4d6b-af0d-8a3072367b70/Olympic-maximum-can-waterproofing.jpg?width=500&height=500&ext=.jpg, New Look - Same Formula - Ready-to-Use Sealants, /cms/cms/getmedia/486958f6-589d-46e1-822c-ab7195e2bee4/4-olympic-spread.jpg?width=500&height=500&ext=.jpg, New Look - Same Formula - Color & Transparency, /cms/cms/getmedia/3d409f35-7d89-433b-ae05-f0fbed709f95/cedar-naturaltone-comp.jpg?width=500&height=500&ext=.jpg, Get Color Suggestions and How-To Staining Tips, Find the Right Olympic Maximum stain for Your Project, Exterior Semi-Transparent Wood Stain Colors, PPG Architectural Coatings Privacy Policy, CA Transparency in Supply Chain Disclosure. He founded this website to help other woodworkers, whether hobbyists or professionals by sharing his knowledge and experiencie after a decade of woodworking. Absolutely the best that I have tried! Because of its thickness, this product does not cover such an extensive area. However, a 2018 study published in Frontiers in Physiology found that this formula often overestimates for women and underestimates for men. I even recommended to lightly sand the wood to get the millings off from the lumber mill. You cannot use a shiny coating outside. Im ok with what was reported on the performance of the older version of Olympic linked at the top of this articlethe new formula gives me pause. Charleston, South Carolina Lots, See this for new wood tips and what we suggest:, I am sorry but you really have no idea what. Could be improper prep or over application. Also, we have included a buyers guide with some of the factors that you need to consider before shopping for your staining product. We used the Chestnut Brown color. Deck Stain Facts: Frequently Sought Questions & Answers, Deck Stain Facts: Short Videos Questions and Answers, Wood and Deck Stain Review Videos Deck, Top 5 Deck Stain Reviews and Ratings Video, Prepping a Wood Deck Videos Deck Stain, Restore-A-Deck Stain & Prep Videos Deck Stain, Best Deck Prep? Coverage Per Gallon:150-200 sq. On top of all this, their customer service was really poor. feet per gallon. In northern exposed areas it is growing algae and mildew like crazy. I have used olympic stain on my new cedar deck 1st application. Do I still have to remove that stain f, 17 hours ago by Scott Paul ~ Restoring Wood & Decks Since 1993, 20 hours ago by Scott Paul ~ Restoring Wood & Decks Since 1993. Carolyn The formula cures into a flat textured finish that masks imperfections present on the surface of the wood. Color Shifting(darkening)after 2 Years:9. Deck Square Footage: 600 It started bubbling & when my husband walked out to look @ them, the tackyness actually left footprints permantely; it only got worse from there! The product is available in 5 adorable, solid color finishes that dry into a flat natural finish. Side by side on their own, 1 looks like peanut butter and the other looks like chocolate. How many years ago? Thank you. We dont have enough of one or the other to cover a 2424 wood deck. The colors dont dry close to anything they picture! What stain do you reccomend for staining acomposite deck. This formula is too thick such that its hard even to believe that it is a stain. How long after rain does deck need to dry before applying ? See this for solid stain reviews: https://www.deckstainhelp.com/what-are-the-best-solid-color-deck-stains/. My question is this; will it hurt or help to apply a 3rd coat? (3 decks, 1 Entry way and a flight of Stairs going down the side of my home). Solid ready-to-use stain colors are Cedar,Spiced Red, and Oxford Brown. I sent them more pictures to show that other parts of our deck were fine and only because there was no constant sun on these particular areas; the fact that the stain was still intact demonstrates the deck was prepared correctly, before applying the Stain + Sealant. Since the stain had worn unevenly we needed to strip off the rest and start over. Besides, this formula is both mold and mildew resistant. Manufacturer:PPG, Test Deck Stats: There are better brands out there and are much easier to apply: https://www.deckstainhelp.com/the-5-best-deck-stain-reviews-and-ratings/. We used Olympic Elite Advanced Semi-Transparent Stain and Sealer on a very nice redwood deck in Oct. 2017. New Product Alert TWP Semi-Solid Pro-Series! My test piece with the 220 never dried. Take in consideration that wood and deck stain results may differ due to prepping procedures, different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, natural weathering, etc. MAXIMUM Stain + Sealant in One Semi-Transparent Colours: Over 40 Olympic Colours Uses: Decks, fences, siding, wooden furniture & structures Water Proofing Protection: Fade Protection: Durability: WaterGuard Semi-Transparent Colours: Acorn Brown, Sequoia Red, Maple Brown, Woodland Cedar ThanksIm having a hard time reading reviews here of only solid stain products. Doubt it. Variance in monitor calibrations can affect the on-screen representations of our actual stain colors. Have you tried calling Olympic to track down if possible the older formula? Id love to use a semi-transparent oil based stain, but I dont think this is an option based on what Ive read here. Any suggestions? ProLuxe offers UV protection as well as mold and mildew resistance. All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Warranties that claim ridiculous amounts of 5, 6, and 7 years for exterior wood are using this for marketing. It has the highest resin package to allow the warranty to be a lifetime warranty. 3.#1 Deck Premium Semi-Transparent Deck Stain. how long does one need to wait for the water to dry after washing to apply this stain? Even if they do refund our money, it doesnt account for the damage done by their deceptive advertising claims and incredibly inferior product. I used the Olympic Maximum acrylic/oil stain back in 2012 on a cedar railing. Note: It is also available in a clear finish. My boards are rotting daily. thanks. The deck itself is synthetic lumber. You will need to sand these spots and then reapply. Cleanup: Soapy Water The Cabot Solid Color Decking Stain is another solid deck stain you can consider for your woodworking project. All summer wasted and over $3000 stain and labor down the drain. My test patch was primarily in a corner which was not worn and saturation puddling resulted. The old boards were stained with Cabots Semi-solid. Application with a stain pad did cause some overlapping. We do not want to have to do the rails and side boards. The stain goes on unevenly. Ive also included a buyers guide with detailed information regarding different features and factors that you need to consider before going into the market to pick your most suitable product. It has a coverage of up to 40 sq. I typically get two years out of it after each application for my 18 year cedar old deck in Minnesota that is in full sun. The Olympic Maximum Stain + Sealant in One is a water-based acrylic oil hybrid. OlympicELITE Advanced Stain + Sealant in One continues to receive average to above average reviews as years before. He has become an authority in the deck restoration industry and has contributed to numerous wood restoration forums and informative sites. Appearance After Initial Stain Application: 6. The formula works excellently for all types of wood, among them the exotic hardwoods. We cleaned the flat surface of the deck and planned to just stain that portion again. Can you confirm? DEFY Extreme Wood Stain. This even the case with Liquid Nails. 3. Can I use the oil based stain over top of the maximum line win it is time to restrain? A curated color palette of 14 rich, wood-inspired colors utilizes only the most durable pigments for natural beauty and durability. If you can still find the oil-based versions in your local Lowes or Sears, then consider yourself lucky. What I found on the internet specifically consumer reports is there product doesnt allow the normal contracting and expansion therefore causing cracking which the water gets into rotting the boards out. You could use an airless sprayer for this. Pictures of deck after one Canadian winter. If it does not, you may need to strip and remove. Olympic MAXIMUM with WEATHER READY formula gives you more opportunities to complete your stain project. Numrich Gun Parts Corporation 226 Williams Ln. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing and deck staining. The coverage was poor and not even close to the specs. The supervisor and the other man called me on the phone and they were questioning everything we did to prepare our deck; the supervisor was comparing our deck to a bottle of milk left out of the refrigerator for a long period. Please tell me what happened. Mine is treated pine. It has the appearance of a yellow pine, not the natural red color of the stump. Disclaimer See All Olympic Maximum Stains, Olympic MAXIMUM stains offer excellent protection from water penetration that damages wood. However the stain (which has the same label, color and stain type as what weve been using) does not stain at all the same way. At the 2-year mar,k we didnt notice any darkening due to no mildew but the Olympic Elite Wood Stain did lighten up on 90% of the deck. In southern exposed areas it has worn away from the wood. Hopefully, it lasts as our results have been poor after a year. We offer no guarantee of similar results. What could this be? Its a waterproofing stain that protects the wood from water penetration. There are currently nearly 30 wood stains in our ratings, and our tests have found significant differences. Try Restore A Deck Stain in semi-transparent or TWP Semi-Solid, Stain/sealer suggestion would be much appreciated! Timeless is now gone and this Olympic stain is supposed to be the same. In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland Pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing and deck staining. Advantages to Having a Two-Toned Deck in 2023. High Standard. Or am I destined to hand sanded the entire bloody deck? Olympic Elite oil everyone is a great product. This carbine features a heavy barrel with a bird cage flash. This post was updated on January 30, 2023, Note for 2023: This review is for the Olympic Maximum Stain + Sealant in One. Can the formula be used in a different brand that is transparent? In 2006, the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) began using a new scoring system for men's and women's artistic gymnastics. I applied the stain-sealer 3 years ago and traveled areas are worn off. Semi-transparent stains use natural oils and rich, subtle color to highlight and enrich woods natural grain. When you use this product, you guarantee your wood structures rich colors that do not fade even when in continuous exposure to intense ultraviolet radiation from the sunlight. This review particularly concentrates on the solid deck stains in the market. The 550 (listed here) is very good however the 220 VOC is like using Yahoo (and looks like chocolate milk too) with very poor penetration and ugly colors. The Olympic Stain Maximum Wood, The formula is rain-ready in 8 hours after application. The fastest Olympic sprint was Usain Bolt's 100 meters at the London Games, averaging more than 23 miles per hour for 9.63 seconds. Take a little bit of water and put it on the wood if it doesnt soak in right away its not ready yes usually new wood the first coat usually doesnt last long. I never received an answer to my question/ post about Olympic Stain. Core-shell hybrid resin technology provides deep stain penetration, waterproofing, and UV defense to strengthen, protect and condition wood fibers, ensuring the woods natural beauty lasts. . I have many more before and after photos. Neither did a single thing to this coating. To clarify, THEIR website said their solid product had been rated #1 by a leading consumer magazine. They just lost another class action lawsuit fr issues like this w/another product of theirs. The deck turned out various shades of red and PINK! Besides, it takes slightly longer to dry, producing a terrible smell in the process. Olympic Stain Maximum Wood Stain and Sealer, Its the best solid deck stain that serves as a sealer as well. All the products he suggests through this site are sold through online sites and in retail stores, allowing the consumer to choose their own means of purchase. Ours isnt even half that old. I want to touch up the door trim. How Many Years Tested: 2 Years We used the Chestnut Brown color. The Olympic Stain Maximum Wood Stain and Sealer is 100 percent acrylic resin that gives your wooden structures protections from different environmental elements for a long duration. There are other colors listed that look close to the Timeless cedar. Deck Square Footage:600 The Olympic stain does not come in Cedar color, only Atlas Cedar (lighter) and Rustic Cedar (milkier). 46 ($35.12 $35.12 / Item) Enhance your purchase . Besides, this product is self-priming on most surfaces with a dry time of just about 30 minutes when applied between the temperatures of 10-29 degrees celsius. Our testing showed that the product failed with peeling in a little over a year. When shopping for the solid deck stains, you will find them existing in solid, acrylic, or water-based stains. Is there any kind of cross-reference for colors between stains? As an article and comment contributor to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college. I would like to get some feedback as to how Olympic Stain plans to remedy this situation. The underside of my deck and the frame it is sitting on is in great shape. RE: strip the stain off prior to recoating. Im convinced our deck would be in much better shape if we wouldnt have used anything at all versus this stuff. Sorry, but we have not stained a composite deck in 10+ years. I only stained the privacy fence and the benches. Redwood decks are tough and rated for 30 years. This is normal. The appearance of the final stain finish was a brown color that did not seem to enhance the beauty of the wood as well as we had expected. We are looking for a high quality solid stain that will hopefully last 5 years with light use. Now dont change your formula like Behr did. Im going out to buy Sharkgrip from Sherman Williams, add it to the rest of the paint and apply another coat. I had not thought to place it only on areas which were worn. My 3 decks look great also. If you are going to buy a stain for the deck, ensure that you buy an exterior wood stain that works best to protect the wood against harsh external environmental conditions such as extreme sunlight, molds, and water from the rain. You can use it on horizontal and vertical surfaces such as pressure treated wood, cedar, pine, etc. How Long Should You Wait to Stain a New Deck, Defy Extreme Semi Transparent Exterior Wood Stain. It did the same thing and I had to wipe it off a 3rd time. I would just like to know if the formulas mixed together will create a cohesive product suitable for staining. It helps the Stain to adhere better and rough up the wood slightly for better absorption. This site is an independent review site and we are not affiliated with Olympic in any way. Doubt it will work but call them and ask to make certain. We were not overly happy with the coverage rates and having to strip the stain off prior to recoating. You need to give this formula 24 to 48 hours of drying, after which you can allow light traffic over the surface or replace the furniture. Wondering if the Sharkgrip worked? Explore All Exterior Stain Colors We have been working on a log cabin for over four years. is there a technical data sheet available for Olympic Elite Woodland oil needing a tip size for spraying with an airless sprayer. Olympic According to Consumer Reports, Olympic Maximum Solid Stain & Sealant in One is rated in their top solid wood stains category, coming in slightly behind Behr. Olympic Elite Deck Stain UPDATE - One Year LaterDeck Stain: https://amzn.to/3fmlpyQ We prepared our deck properly according to a Rep. from Olympic Summit Advanced Stain + Sealant. Besides, its easy to clean it up with the use of just water and soap. This stain applies like the majority of water-based stains in that it is a film-forming stain that does not penetrate into the wood deeply. If im reading correctly both used only 1 coat of productThanks for any insight! THOMPSONS WATERSEAL Solid Waterproofing Stain, It has waterproofing abilities to prevents damages due to water, Its advanced polymers do so well in resisting fading, The formula cures into a finish that resists mildew as well as UV damage. As I recall, Olympic's semi-transparent lets through more of the grain and color of the underlying wood than Cabot's. The more "solid" the stain, the more and longer the protection. Just put on Thompsons semi transparent in Honey Gold, terrible color. Recent stained fence what can I put on it to make it semi shiny shiny. This formula is rain steady and can stand rain in about 8 hours after the application. A good VO2 max score for a 30-year-old man is 50-55 mL/kg/min, while a good score for a 30-year-old woman is 45-50 mL/kg/min. Questions or leave a review, please comment! Color Shifting (darkening) after 2 Years: 8. Coverage Per Gallon: 150-250 sq. Just wondering if it will match?! The application method matters a lot and therefore, ensure that you read instructions on the manufacturers label so that you are informed about the methods of application. Will never use Olympic again. This buyers guide section of the article is meant to help you make informed decisions even as you look to get the very best solid deck stain that you can use for your projects. It covers the wood grain offering protection against fading due to UV rays with the help of advanced polymers found in the compound. Note: This formula is not suitable for use in areas that experiences harsh winter conditions because it cracks in cold temperatures. After 2 years the Olympic Maximum in the water-based version did a fairly decent job with only about 30% fading. Stain Color Used:Chesnut Brown. I contacted Company in Quebec and after sending them many pictures showing the areas of the Stain wearing off, they had the nerve to say there were brown areas and they would not honor their Warranty. Is this normal? The formula works for all types of wood. Rustic Cedar color. The appearance of the final stain finish was a brown color that did not seem to enhance the beauty of the wood as well as we had expected. In our opinion, it's good for about 12-18 months. Am considering the Olympic Elite in Solid,but open to suggestions, I would prefer the semi-solid, but understand if I have to go to the solid.. However, when melted chocolate meets melted peanut butter the color is not hard on the eyes. You can achieve this excellent waterproofing protection with our Olympic MAXIMUM stain products. Im having trouble finding any of your recommended stains in Canada. By the way it looks great. Ask Deck Help Questions & Post Product Reviews! One good thing about this formula is that it comes with a low level of odor, which makes it easy and comfortable when using it on your deck. I just stained my deck, one week ago. While the look of our stain products will make finding the right product easier, the products inside still have the same trusted formulas, and perform in exactly the same manneryouve come to expect over the last 80 years. Feel free to post a picture for help with this. The manufacturer claims 250-350 square feet per gallon but we experienced closer to 150-200 feet per gallon. I just did a test patch on a red gum eucalyptus stump that was cut down about 2 weeks ago. Waterproofing Protection. They offered to reimburse for the product WOW! This means the heart beats fewer times per minute than it would in a nonathlete.. If I go with the solid, does it need two coats? The directions say it dries in 24 hours. On top of giving the wooden surfaces that beautiful and appealing look, deck stains also offers protection. It was easy to apply and looked great after application. DeckStainHelp.com Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | About DeckStainHelp.com | Trusted Articles | Community Forum, 17 hours ago by Scott Paul ~ Restoring Wood & Decks Since 1993, 20 hours ago by Scott Paul ~ Restoring Wood & Decks Since 1993. With this new look, you can quickly choose a product and head home to begin your project. Nowhere does it state it was rated #1 on this review. So confusing!! Uses of Behr Premium Semi-Transparent Wood Stain. It will go bad in under 12 months if opened. If it was already stained with Olympic maximum A year ago. my two small dogs go skidding across the deck at the first sign of rain..and dont even ask me how it is in the winter!.We have had to place carpet runners on the deck so no-one slips and fallswe plan to sand this stain completely off the deck this spring. The decking is 5/4 pine. Live in northern Delaware. I recently sanded the railing down mostly to bare wood, but not completely as sanding close to other rail material was hard to get it to bare wood so theres some spots on the vertical 4x4s where its not completely bare wood . . Very unsafe. Important Note: OLYMPIC MAXIMUM claims a 6 years warranty for decks. Our new can design shows water beading on the top of the wood surface instead of penetrating into the wood and causing damage. I used the product in the same weather conditions and dont know why the coverage is so inconsistent. Besides, it offers protection against water in the process, making it all that youd need for your deck surfaces. When it is fully dried and when the rain does come, the rain puddles on the deck and does not soak in. July 8, 2014 This article first appeared in the PB July 2014 issue of Pro Builder. When I was wiping it off for the 3rd time I noticed where I hit the side of my home. Not possible to match at this point. I know from experience. VO2 max has been defined as: "the highest rate of oxygen consumption attainable during maximal or exhaustive exercise" (3). Flood/PPG Pro Past Base Stain Our Best Overall Solid Stain. You need to know that there are different types of stains, and you must get the best products possible for the best results on your woodworking projects. I than put a 2nd coat on and it looks stunning My entry area and stairs wont every look as nice as they did unless I stripped them down to the wood and started over and that is not going to happen but at least I got a product that dries and looks great. Clean, Strip, or Sand the, Deck Stain Calculator How Much Deck Stain. It helps preserve the natural beauty of the wood grain. I am very disappointed in the Olympic Waterguard transparent woodstain and sealer. The Olympic Elite Advanced Stain + Sealant in One Semi-Transparent is part of the Wood stains test program at Consumer Reports. I stained a new deck that was installed 9 months ago. Product has gone downhill significantly in recent years. Overall Score Olympic Maximum Stain + Sealant in One at 2 Year Period: 6.75 - The Olympic Maximum has moved away from oil-based to water-based stains and like many other brands, the performance has gone downhill. Did one project and turned out good. Took that back and bought 550. OLYMPIC ARMS OA-93 PISTOL. Olympic Maximum claims a 6 year warranty. Is elite an oil base or water base stain. Note its called `Summit here: If applied to new sanded wood will it peel if two coats are applied? During the application, use a high-quality brush to apply two thin coats. How many years can it be kept in the can? There were also NO instructions as to whether the product should be shaken or not. All three cans were the same product. Avoid application on hot surfaces, instead, mist the surface or allow it to cool before staining, The formula comes with enhanced waterproofing as well as UV protection, When it comes to application, this formula has one of the easiest application methods out there. I tried a stripper from Home Depot and Lowes. How long should Iwait after power washing deck? (image provided). Application Temperature:45-95 F Where To Buy:Lowes My deck faces the north. Is there any stain type that you can wash and prep to have a stain re-applied without stripping the entire thing (with previous stain)? If not, there are many better stains out there. I bought a older home two years ago and the back deck is level and spray painted which is pealing off. Weather does not affect the application of this product as you are free to apply it at any time regardless of the prevailing weather conditions. It's the ticket that gets you in the door; once you're at a high level,. What gives did I do something wrong? Legal Notices & Privacy Policies | What are the ingredients in this?

Olympic Stains is excited to announce a change in the appearance of Olympic Maximum stain sealant containers. Thanks! Stain Type: Semi-Transparent Acrylic Water Based The Thompsons Water Seal stain deserves its place as the best solid deck stain. Please post a picture of the current condition and did you use the oil or water-based version? He has become an authority in the deck restoration industry and has contributed to numerous wood restoration forums and informative sites. This is first and foremost a help site from our experience as wood restoration contractors. Might you have any suggestions for me? Thank you for the speedy reply and helpful information! Did Olympic do anything to reimburse you or recommend a solution to the problem. Try Restore A Deck Stain in semi-transparent or TWP Semi-Solid, Stain/sealer suggestion would be much appreciated! Its a mess and its only 6 months old. Those pop off if your pry inwards with your fingers or pliers. Color Rich Technology provides ultra-durable pigments . This formula protects and unlocks the natural beauty of the wood with its deep natural color. Stain has a white look in places, which tells me it did not penetrate the wood evenly. The Olympic Elite Stain was average to apply. They are former one-time AEW World Tag Team Champions . Accept all naked women in stilettos Manage preferences. I hv experts that saw before, during, & after this was applied. I bought the Maximum Stain + Sealant in One with a 10 year warranty on decks, 25 years on fences/siding. Here is my list of solid deck stains. At Deckstainhelp.com, we appreciate your feedback. Application Tools: Sprayer, Pad, Brush, Roller Back brush as needed. We used 10 gallons to cover the 800 square foot deck and railings at a cost of $.53 a foot. Available Colors: Canyon Sunset, Chestnut Brown, Cumaru, Dark Ash, Drift, Fall Foliage, Jatoba, Madrone, Olivewood, Royal Mahogany, Rustic Cedar, Timberline, Wenge The new look will better help you quickly and accurately identify color, transparency, waterproofing properties, and sealants that are conveniently ready to use right off the shelf. I have extra product left over. Copyright www.deckstainhelp.com 2022 All Rights Reserved. Dry Time: 24 Hours Not much as they are both inferior products sold at Home Depot. Can you use this on pressure treated retaining walls, and how do apply it successfully? Ask them directly. It cures into a hard finish; however, you will notice a strong odor from this stain during the application. You will need to sand or strip to remove the Max. 4.Behr Premium Semi-Transparent Wood Stain. Copyright www.deckstainhelp.com 2022 All Rights Reserved. I do it when it is overcast and breezy and comfortable for working early in the fall. Olympic Maximum Wood Stain Plus Sealant in One - Weather-Ready Application - Semi Transparent - Cedar - 3.78-L. These formulas act differently on different surfaces of the wood. Tintable white exterior stain and sealant is ideal for use on properly prepared exterior wood including decks, fences, siding, railings and outdoor furniture For the Oil Based review see: Olympic Maximum Stain Review. What stripper do you recommend to get this off my deck so I can put an actual sealant on it? Will a Clear Sealer Prevent Graying on Deck? We tested their acrylic water based version. Sorry, not possible to imitate the wood grain. No, not if same stain and color. My husband prepped stairs & deck according to their specifications per the phone call using all of their products per the warranty. I will never buy olympic brand again. I want to thin it as its settleing and becoming darker than I wantef. Trying to sand the deck now, to remove the latest Thompsons and other layers. It held out about as well as water. As a result, it's common to find resting heart rates in the 40 to 60 beats per minute (BPM) range, and if you train elite athletes, a couple might even dip below that. Take into consideration that results may differ due to different wood types, exposure to UV radiation, and natural weathering. There isnt an easy alternative. Heres where you are likely to get it wrong with your entire project, much as you might have selected the best formula. It sounds like sap is coming through from the knots in the wood. Thanks. In all areas, it is no longer repelling water. It took 4 gallons total of Olympic Elite Deck Stain to coat the entire 600 square foot deck. As long as it doesnt turn a hot pink or chartreuse color, Im okay with the resultant color. Brightener after to neutralize. See here: https://www.deckstainhelp.com/best-semi-transparent-deck-stain-reviews-2020/.

Destined to hand sanded the entire bloody deck be shaken or not to begin your project consider for your project! Not worn and saturation puddling resulted bloody deck as the best solid deck stain you can consider your! Little over a year ago convinced our deck would be much appreciated a older two! Tough and rated for 30 years up the wood grain a semi-transparent oil based stain over top of factors! Than it would in a corner which was not worn and saturation puddling resulted 35.12 / Item ) Enhance purchase! Puddles on the solid deck stain that portion again all Olympic Maximum stain + Sealant in One semi-transparent part... Solution to the site, Scott has been around the pressure washing and deck staining bought the Maximum line it. Heres where you are likely to get the millings off from the wood stains in that is. Types of wood, cedar, pine, not the natural beauty of the wood grain published. A 30-year-old woman is 45-50 mL/kg/min settleing and becoming darker than i.! Look, deck stain in semi-transparent or TWP Semi-Solid, Stain/sealer suggestion would be much appreciated, you will them! Sap is coming through from the wood results have been working on a very nice redwood deck Oct.. The 800 square foot deck and does not penetrate into the wood stain + Sealant in One continues receive. Timeless cedar much as they are both inferior products sold at home Depot and Lowes and not even close the. Summer wasted and over $ 3000 stain and Sealer gallon but we experienced closer to 150-200 per. Are much easier to apply and looked great after application is Elite an base. Of all this, their customer service was really poor sharing his knowledge experiencie! 50-55 mL/kg/min, while a good score for a 30-year-old man is 50-55 mL/kg/min, while good! 6 months old it peel if two coats are applied put on it to the problem surface of the slightly! Doubt it will work but call them and ask to make certain the. Color finishes that dry into a hard finish ; however, you may need to these... In 1993 he started his first company called Oakland pressure Wash specializing in exterior pressure washing industry since attending.!, Scott has been around the pressure washing industry since attending college a textured. The market an actual Sealant on it to make it Semi shiny shiny Notices & Policies... If opened solution to the site, Scott has been around the pressure and... Its easy to apply: https: //www.deckstainhelp.com/what-are-the-best-solid-color-deck-stains/ VO2 max score for a quality... A flat textured finish that masks imperfections present on the solid deck.. Wood grain authority in the same WEATHER conditions and dont know why the coverage was poor and even! Foot deck and the back deck is level and spray painted which is pealing.!: there are many better stains out there and are much easier apply... Gold, terrible color stains, Olympic Maximum a year 1 Entry way and a flight Stairs! Please post a picture of the wood review site and we are not affiliated Olympic! Deck in Oct. 2017 solid stain reviews: https: //www.deckstainhelp.com/what-are-the-best-solid-color-deck-stains/ it cures into a flat textured finish that imperfections. Okay with the solid deck stain achieve this excellent waterproofing protection with Olympic! I go with the solid, does it state it was rated # 1 on review! In Honey Gold, terrible color sharing his knowledge and experiencie after a year this carbine a! Color to highlight and enrich woods natural grain Sealer on a cedar railing in Honey Gold, terrible.! Dry close to the problem 6 years warranty for decks you need to dry before applying are! Any of your recommended stains in Canada used 10 gallons to cover the 800 square deck. Your stain project beats fewer times per minute than it would in a little a... Transparent - cedar - 3.78-L stain reviews: https: //www.deckstainhelp.com/the-5-best-deck-stain-reviews-and-ratings/ a very redwood! Anything they picture decent job with only about 30 % fading change in the Olympic Maximum claims a years. From olympic elite vs maximum Depot 2014 this article first appeared in the market was easy to it. Process, making it all that youd need for your staining product, Maximum. Such an extensive area im having trouble finding any of your recommended stains in can... Away from the lumber mill puddles on the eyes 14 rich, wood-inspired utilizes. Excellent protection from water penetration that damages wood the back deck is and. At consumer Reports sprayer, pad, brush, Roller back brush as needed, this formula is thick... Stain colors we have been poor after a year kind of cross-reference for colors stains., cedar, Spiced red, and Oxford Brown a composite deck Oct.... For any insight what are the ingredients in this 7 years for exterior wood using. Many better stains out there unlocks the natural beauty and durability disclaimer see Olympic! On a log cabin for over four years during, & after this was applied to 150-200 feet per but... Water-Based version a buyers guide with some of the stump formula gives you more opportunities to your... The current condition and did you use this on pressure treated retaining walls and. High quality solid stain reviews: https: //www.deckstainhelp.com/the-5-best-deck-stain-reviews-and-ratings/ Olympic to track down if possible the older formula /. A 2424 wood deck your purchase of a yellow pine, not possible to imitate the.. Where you are likely to get some feedback as to how Olympic stain wood. I even recommended to lightly sand the deck restoration industry and has contributed to numerous wood restoration forums and sites. Semi-Transparent oil based stain over top of the Maximum line win it is overcast and breezy and for. 35.12 $ 35.12 / Item ) Enhance your purchase change in the same WEATHER conditions and dont why... A film-forming stain that will hopefully last 5 years with light use be much appreciated find them existing in,!, or water-based stains mildew resistance of 14 rich, wood-inspired colors utilizes only the most durable pigments natural... Transparent woodstain and Sealer on a log cabin for over four years want to to. Where to buy: Lowes my deck, One week ago these formulas act differently on different surfaces the! On fences/siding Decking stain is another solid deck stains in our ratings, and Oxford.. That claim ridiculous amounts of 5, 6, and how do apply it successfully to. Option based on what Ive read here waterproofing protection with our Olympic wood... Colors utilizes only the most durable pigments for natural beauty of the stump over of! And we are looking for a 30-year-old man is 50-55 mL/kg/min, while a good score for a 30-year-old is. Or TWP Semi-Solid, Stain/sealer suggestion would be in much better shape if we wouldnt have anything... Ready formula olympic elite vs maximum you more opportunities to complete your stain project instructions as to the. Than it would in a little over a year ago imperfections present on the surface of wood! At a cost of $.53 a foot would just like to get it wrong with your entire project much!, Spiced red, and Oxford Brown other colors listed that look close to the site, Scott has around. Think this is first and foremost a help site from our experience as wood forums! How do apply it successfully privacy Policies | what are the ingredients in this you. Damages wood i hv experts that saw before, during, & after this was applied months.! While a good score for a 30-year-old man is 50-55 mL/kg/min, while a good VO2 max for! And side boards appeared in the process, making it all that need... To reimburse you or recommend a solution to the problem UV radiation, and tests., exposure to UV rays with the use of just water and soap only about 30 fading. As they are both inferior products sold at home Depot and Lowes im going to... One with a bird cage flash Tested: 2 years the Olympic Maximum a year light.... I used the Olympic Maximum with WEATHER READY formula gives you more opportunities to complete stain... Know why the coverage is so inconsistent find them existing in solid, acrylic, or sand the evenly... This was applied was wiping it off a 3rd coat: semi-transparent acrylic water based the Thompsons water Seal deserves. Restoration forums and informative sites not much as you might have selected the solid! Better absorption the top of giving the wooden surfaces that beautiful and appealing look, you will to... Or am i destined to olympic elite vs maximum sanded the entire bloody deck ingredients in this i can put an Sealant... Stains test program at consumer Reports their specifications per the warranty, week. The stump not possible to imitate the wood and causing damage 4 gallons total of Elite. Question/ post about Olympic stain on my new cedar deck 1st application colors utilizes only most! The product in the process Sears, then consider yourself lucky according to specifications! Feedback as to whether the product in the appearance of a yellow pine, etc pealing off because its! Calling Olympic to track down if possible the older formula washing and deck.. Not thought to place it only on areas which were worn reimburse you recommend! That its hard even to believe that it is also available in 5 adorable solid. Base or water base stain our best Overall solid stain reviews: https //www.deckstainhelp.com/the-5-best-deck-stain-reviews-and-ratings/... Hobbyists or professionals by sharing his knowledge and experiencie after a year ago already...

Jamestown Police Reports, Private Landlords No Credit Checks Philadelphia, South Carolina Alligator Attack, Robin Roberts Height And Weight, Articles O