neighbors put basketball hoop in front of my house

We just moved into our new home a little over a month ago. Otherwise, document their trespasses and file a police report. A basketball hoop has been set-up at the curb on Ley Street. For one, is the hoop a safety hazard? It is important to be familiar with basketball hoops in order to install one, as there are laws governing where and how they can be installed. Can You Play Basketball After Bunion Surgery? Basketball hoops can make a neighborhood feel more at ease and fashionable. A basketball hoop on property line is a great addition to any home. Lastly, the city will have the right to remove it if the hoop is halting any street-maintenance operation., Reference: Sec. My pet peeve is neighbors who place basketball hoops on sidewalks in front of their homes. We have always had freestanding ones because of how our driveways were shaped. The Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) dictate the rules or restrictions the owners of the land must follow in all homeowners associations (HOA), property owners associations, and community associations. veteran who had hoped, at age 40, to sign with a team this season, has been in Seattle trying to stay ready for a comeback. Wiki User 2011-03-14 16:57:26 Study now See answers (2) Best Answer Copy That type of matter is governed. . Its a common question for those who live on busy streets can you put a basketball goal in the street? If all else fails, you can always take matters into your own hands and remove the hoop yourself. This was an older gentleman that spoke broken English. Our HOA allows hoops, but only if placed behind the front corner of the front of the home. I'm on a corner lot. I'd rather see kids out getting exercise and actually socializing than sitting on their ass with a game console, or phone plastered in their face. Subject: Basketball Hoop etiquette. When you see those portable basketball goals set up in the edge of the street, it's time to move. My house is directly behind the hoops. Then after talking to him some more I came to understand it wasnt his hoop but another neighbors a few doors down. Is this legal? However, theres no obligation of installing a basketball hoop in the street as far as it doesnt become a hazard for pedestrians, walking people, or cyclers. In many states, it is legal for homeowners to keep basketball goals on their property lines. But it's weird because they will help each other out with yard stuff. The ball will refuse to bounce on a grassed area. The people that lived here previously was another younger couple with a young baby. It's weird because I get self conscious about going outside, parking in front of my own house because I don't like the sloped driveway, or even saying hi because this house doesn't even feel like home. Code Enforcement Request Line. Sidewalks do need to be kept clear. Equipment thats moved into position temporarily isnt a problem, he said; equipment that becomes permanent furniture, blocking passage even when nobodys playing, definitely is. We live on a cul-de-sac with only 4 houses. I wouldn't stop playing. If your question is not listed or you require a more detailed answer, please consult the City of Fresno's Municipal Code or contact the Neighborhood Revitalization Team at (559) 621-8400. Porter also said residents can call the public works operations center at 360-696-8177. http://www.clark.wa.gov/commdev/code-enforcement/complaints/complaintformN.asp, http://www.cityofvancouver.us/upload/images/DRS/filecomplaint.pdf, Californias biggest environmental cleanup leaves lead contamination and frustration, In Our View: Lawmakers should raise cap on property taxes. But I dont want to knock on the offenders doors to ask them to remove them. Anonymous. For those of you that have basketball hoops especially the ones that are portable which you fill the base with either sand or water, could you be a good neighbor and put your hoops away in storage once you and your children are done playing pretend basketball? The neighbors across the street have got a portable basketball hoop installed to the side of their driveway. He was a douche, though, and I took pleasure in letting my grass grow long just to make him twitchy. He said its for the kids. My husband had to get up early and I was just fed up, I started ringing my dog's bell and they left but were still loud. First, it can be a hazard to pedestrians who are walking by. We were playing last Friday night, around 7pm, and we had been out there for maybe 5 minutes, and the neighbor of the lady i've met (and honestly she rubbed me the wrong way the first time I met her) started pounding on their garage door. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Sometimes each with their own basketball. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. All rights reserved. It's a game of give and take, which is why my wife and I intend on moving into a high-rise condo with other career-oriented adults that don't have any kids. Way more than you think, 11 states consider right to repair for farming equipment, Gadget industry tosses a wrench into right to repair efforts. Sidewalks are to remain clear for the safe travel of pedestrians and the street should be kept clear for the traveling public and public service vehicles. I hate that every frigging nice day when I want to have a quiet beer on the patio I have to listen to the girls squeal an the ball bouncing for an hour. The reasons for this are twofold. They have grown very close and their kids play together. Many communities consider permanent basketball nets to be eyesores, but they do allow portable basketball hoops. The neighbor's kids decided to play basketball with my FIL's car 5 ft from the hoop. Heres why: 1. Without further ado, here are the six best ways to protect your portable basketball hoop from getting stolen. We have an acre of land, but most of that is behind the house. It is prohibited to place any obstruction of any kind in or upon any public street, alley, sidewalk or other public property. But, it should not interfere with the street maintenance operations. It is in a culdesac. 2023 Honest Ballers - WordPress Theme by Kadence WP. Fairfax County does have a rule on basketball nets, article 10-104, section 12C in the county code, which says, "when located in a front yard, basketball standards shall not be closer than 15 feet . My neighbor built a basketball court on his property but only 10 feet away from my Family room. But what happens when your neighbor puts a basketball hoop on the street? There are a few things to keep in mind if you want to put a hoop on your house, though. Backstory: Neighbor moves in across the street a year ago and immediately installs a basketball hoop directly behind my driveway. There were some more words said on both ends but thats the gist. Right-of-way is defined as the distance between two points. However, it does not mean that you can install it anywhere you want. But the neighbors to our right have a child that doesn't play with the neighborhood kids and we think that is interesting. By Neighbor19 in forum Real Estate Ownership and Title, By fionn in forum Real Estate Ownership and Title, By jsilks in forum Accidents and Injuries, By cattsurfer in forum Real Estate Ownership and Title, Muncipal Restrictions on Neighborhood Basketball Hoops, Can You Play Basketball on a Right of Way, Friends Got into a Fight During Basketball Game, Encroachment by Neighbor's Basketball Court, Violent Neighborhood Kid Causing Neighborhood-Wide Problems, If this is your first visit please consider. Want to build a bigger and better basketball court in the backyard in hopes of completeing my front yard landscape. My 12 year old was like "you think they're mad we're playing basketball?". OP is having a bad night in all his threads..lol, OP do you honestly believe that neighbors advertising; the neighborhood is safe enough for them to play in the driveway/ front yard is bad for your property values. This is going to be a long post so let me give context. As per the Basketball Ordinance law, you can put a basketball hoop there. So an absolute ton of basketballs get thrown into my yard. However, what this sport does require is a decent amount of space that many don't have in their driveways. Or visit http://www.cityofvancouver.us/upload/images/DRS/filecomplaint.pdf. We understand basketball hoops are popular. We also understand they can be a safety hazard. The previous owners left a basketball hoop ouside at the end of the driveway. And we asked them to take down a homemade basketball hoop which was situated a couple feet from our mail box. Start by finding a suitable location for your, The hoop should be placed in an area that is level and free of obstacles, Once you have found a suitable location, use a tape measure to determine the dimensions of the playing area, Make sure to leave enough space around the perimeter of the court for players to move freely, Next, mark out the boundaries of the court with chalk or spray paint, This will help ensure that the finished product is level and even, Begin by attaching the base to the pole using the hardware provided, Follow the instructions included with your particular model for the best results, 5) Once the base is securely attached to the pole, raise it up into position and secure it in place according to the manufacturers instructions, 6) Finally, add any backboards, nets, or other accessories as desired. Basketball Noise (2022 Update) Unfortunately, the city I live in allows basketball hoops in driveways. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Its better to be safe than sorry! ANYWAYS, back to my question. Yes, you can put a basketball hoop in your driveway. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. If someone does get hurt while playing around your basketball goal in the street, you could be held liable for their injuries. Private easements are a legal right to use someone else's land for a particular purpose. At least one in 5 households now has a portable hoop that children or teenagers certainly use to play the game. I tried to be civil and kindly ask him. There are a few things to consider when doing so, such as the type of basketball hoop, the size of your driveway, and whether or not you need a permit. I had a neighbor that had their BB hoop on the property line and it was annoying due the fact that BB balls regularly go beyond the BB hoop during normal play.

Car Wreck In Arkansas Last Night, Bonus Action Spells 5e List, Ryanair Passport Validity, Articles N