ludington daily news arrests

Sunshine and clouds mixed. Mason County Prosecuting Attorney David Betz and defense attorney John Claire both attended. Anderson was born on Oct. 27, 1900 in East Lake (Manistee County), the son of Andrew and Christine (Lehr) Anderson. Janet Macunovich has been gardening, writing about gardening and teaching gardening for more than 30 years. Lodgic Everyday Community. The killing of Luther Foster: Mason County's longest unsolved murder. Lots of celebrations. As seen in: Ludington Daily News, SFGate, U.S. News & World Report, Detroit News, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Times Union (Albany), Midland Daily News, WZZM-TV (Grand Rapids, MI), CT Insider, Fairfield Citizen, Westport News and more Covers: Government, education, arts, local business Reporter, music and pop culture fanatic Riley Kelley's Biography Jayne died on Dec. 27, 2001 at the age of 68. Read Ludington Daily News Newspaper Archives, Feb 8, 1940, p. 1 with family history and genealogy records from ludington, michigan 1913-1977. . This was the direction given to us by Houston. According to a press release from Manistee County Sheriff John OHagen, the accident occurred on U.S. These are just a few of the creatures that make up the acrylic menagerie decorating the walls of the lobby outside the performance hall at the Ludington Area Center for the Arts. 22 Visits. Round 1 - Harvey Ludington (Brick Memorial) 33-1 received a bye (Bye) Champ. Immediately after the sentencing Hanna was taken to Michigan State Prison in Jackson by Mason County Sheriff Ed Anderson, Ludington Police Capt. It is owned by Shoreline Media, which has been a subsidiary of Community Media Group since December 2011. Arrest & Sexual Offense Records; Contact Info; Properties, Assets & Liabilities; . Other witnesses included Benjamin Davis, who was the man who brought Hanna to Ludington, and Jayne Clark, the woman Davis had come to see, Dr. Roger Morris, Coroner Benjamin Doll, Dr. Harry Clark (who performed the autopsy on Slagle), George Dorrell (funeral director), Oscar Larson, E.L. Barber, Ludington Police Chief Fred Nankee, Det. Following leaving the sheriffs office, Anderson worked as a night manager at Paulina Stearns Hospital on South Washington Avenue in Ludington. Two years after the murder, Fred Morgandollar was working at Blodgetts Used Cars and was replacing seat covers in a 1955 Mercury, recently traded in by Emil Rostek. Mason County (231) 845-5181. According to a newspaper report, Hanna stated that he had joined the Army after graduating from a Chicago high school and served as a paratrooper, mostly stationed to Fort Bragg in North Carolina. It is the editors discretion to update or edit a story when/if new information becomes available. As they neared the door, Karp said he heard tables being banged into one another and looked up in time to see Hanna shove Slagle to one side and at the same time he drew his revolver, a newspaper report stated. One interesting aspect of the trial was that the murder weapon had not been found. When he drew the revolver I thought he was going to shoot me, Kollar said. Mar. He gave me $2 for gas and told me that if I did not have any place to stay I could stay there a few days. 1807 S Neil St (at Fox Drive), Champaign, IL 61820. Im getting the general idea, Hanna said. After receiving a shrapnel wound in his leg, he was presented the Purple Heart and was honorably discharged on June 5, 1953 at Fort Custer. The block of North William Street by House of Flavors will become a one-way street, the Ludington City Council decided Monday. I told him to tell the truth and I thoroughly explained his constitutional rights to him. On Saturday, Oct. 27, Macunovich will come to Ludington to conduct an all-day seminar for local gardeners. When one of the officers walked over to me I stood up. Every year the Mason County Garden Club searches out local businesses that do an outstanding landscaping and civic beautification effort. By Rob Alway, Editor-in-Chief. I saw a car with the keys in it and I took the car and left.. David Wilson. Jayne Marie Clark (name also spelled Jane) was 24-years-old when the murder occurred. George didnt know anything about what I had done.. It was a cruel and inhuman act to take the life of Arlo Slagle and I am sure you realize it, Stephens said to Hanna during the sentencing. Graphic Artist at Ludington Daily News. Court appointed defense attorney John Claire presented the motion along with four others including a request that Hannas conviction and sentence be set aside. But the Orioles We are absolutely charmed by this little Victorian house in Manistee, Michigan. Stanley Kollar was born in Montpelier, Ohio. You should tip a couple bucks. Those orders are often assembled by employees making a server's minimum wage of $2.13 an hour, so it's best to tip just to be safe. Hanna waived a preliminary examination and his case was bound over to circuit court. Ludington Daily News Harbor This Ludington Webcam shows the view from the Ludington City Marina and is hosted by Shorelinemedia.net Featured Businesses Thank you for visiting Ludington Webcams Webcams in Ludington, Michigan, United States Map of Ludington A 27-year-old Ludington man faces multiple charges after leading Mason County deputies on a chase along US-10 Saturday night. He liked it on the department, he liked his work and we were well satisfied with him, Nankee, who had been chief since 1950 and had served on the police department for 28 years, said. He also served a term as Mason County prosecuting attorney. Uncover why ludington daily news is the best company for you. The Ludington City Council on Monday will vote on approving submitting an application for a $150,000 grant to help finance the proposed splashpad and fishing pier replacement at Copeyon Park. FOR MICHIGAN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) FUNDING FOR THE HASKELL BUILDING, 801 N ROWE ST. In the trunk was a suitcase, another gun and ammunition. The officer had hit me on the head with the club several times. All three officers had their billy clubs out. Davis was looking for Jayne Clark, 24, who was working at the bar as a waitress. Chad Rushing kicks off intimate concert series at LACA. On Aug. 31 Swainson ordered a new trial for Hanna, who was now 33-years-old. Clarence A. Gable talked about Slagle and described him as a real fine boy.. Home . Low 23F. The vehicle he was driving was not registered, displayed a registration plate from another vehicle, and did not have insurance. You should tip 10% to 15%. In January 1966, a motion was presented on behalf of Hanna in Mason County Circuit Court for a new trial. Andy Hamilton Journalism, project management, sales lead generation, customer service Mason County Press and Oceana County Press are Police found stolen items from a local business and are seeking charges on a juvenile after break-ins in Manistee. During 2017, the arrest rate totaled 250.37 per 10,000 residents. The paper traces its origins back to 1867. No more information was found about Hanna, but will be updated when it is located. The judge determined that Hanna had served more than the minimum term of his sentence and, as a result, set Hanna free. Wallace Bentz was born in Ludington on Dec. 28, 1925. One report states he walked over to the police station. For this reason it is the policy and practice of this company to not delete postings. On Wednesday, July 24, an interview with Valdosta Police Chief Wilbur Parkerson was published in the Ludington Daily News by reporter Paul S. Peterson (who later became managing editor of the newspaper). This represents a 20.9% difference making Ludington lower than the national average of 316.54 per 10,000 residents. Noon, 148th Avenue and Johnson Road in Ferry Township. Winds light and variable. He was traveling on US 10 and as he turned south onto US 31 (PM Highway), his vehicle slid into a traffic island and overturned, throwing Bentz out of the car and Audrey partially out of the car. He was on patrol on the evening of July 19, 1958 when he stopped at his home in the 800 block of North St. Catherine Street to get a copy of coffee with his wife, Helen while their two children, ages 2 and 5, slept. The only witness called by the defense was Dr. John Konopa, a physician from Manistee. Troopers Arrest Subject for Felony DUI and Weapon Charges Following Traffic Stop. Connect with the definitive source for global and local news, By RILEY KELLEY | Daily News Staff Writer, By Riley Kelley | Daily News Staff Writer, Colton Mokofsky | Daily News Staff Writer colton@ludingtondailynews.com, By COLTON MOKOFSKY | Daily News Staff Writer | colton@ludingtondailynews.com. . The West Shore Art Fair marks its 50th anniversary this weekend with two days of fine art in Ludingtons Rotary Park. I am also sure in my own mind that you would do anything or give anything to rectify what you have done.. Ludington Daily News 202 N. Rath Ave., Ludington (231) 843-9611 Advertisement - Please scroll below for more information. They had two children, Wilfred and Shirley (Linscott). Free Soil Area Senior Center (closed remainder of the week) Please consider helping to fund local news. Drunk driving arrests top weekend police activity The following is police activity in Oceana County over the weekend: Saturday, Feb. 25, 2023 . 12:25 p.m., (OCSO), HART The Hart Community Performing Arts Series will present Seraph Brass Friday, March 3, at 7:30 p.m. in the Hart Public Schools Auditorium located in the Hart Middle School. Around 3 a.m. Sunday morning alarms sounded at Surroundings located at 423 River Street in downtown Manistee. ludington daily news arrests jingnuo water fountain instructions hollywood hillbillies cast salaries . According to her testimony during the murder trial, Clark talked about the bullet. He asked me questions, as to what he is charged with and the various degrees of the offense. I questioned him further about the killing of a Comstock, Mich. man, a Nelson Elwood, who was found beaten to death in Gary, Ind. There were 65 students with diplomas or were GED exam qualifiers from Mason County to use the Mason County Promise. Photos. Ed and his first wife, Cora (Brankert) were married on Sept. 6, 1933 and had two children, James and Cora. I kept his head on my lap until the stretcher came and they took him away., Clark, who was the reason the two men came into the bar, was described by the newspaper as a pretty 24-year-old divorcee and a central figure in the slaying of Patrolman Arlo Slagle., Mason County Sheriff Ed Anderson and his deputies, along with Ludington city police officers began putting up road blocks on US 10 and US 31 along with sending patrols into the railroad yards in case Hanna attempted to follow the tracks.. Associated Press Media Editors, 3rd place, Best Public Service Tonight Cloudy. Officers arrested a Lufkin woman Tuesday night after witnesses watched her alternate between repeated attempts to run over a man with her Dodge Charger and assault him with a baseball bat in the yard of a home in the 2200 block of North Medford Drive, according to a Lufkin police report. The Ludington Daily News is the daily newspaper of Ludington, Michigan. About 1,000 people descended the on downtown Ludington area during the weekend to participate in the annual Octoberfest celebration, which peaked with a craft beer, wine and music festival in James Street Plaza Saturday afternoon. Get hooked on hearty breakfast at The Catch, Smokey Js BBQ has mastered the art of melt-in-your-mouth meats, A LA CARTE: Spud Toos birria tacos rebirth a reason for foodies to rejoice, To the rooftops: Staggering snowfall in California mountains, Anna Netrebko concert canceled by Taiwan orchestra, RFK killer Sirhan Sirhan denied parole by California board, Board names Langston interim executive director of Museum of East Texas, POLICE REPORTS: Local authorities report 18 arrests, As Texas booms, local governments especially in small towns struggle to find workers, BUSINESS ROUNDUP: MarTeres goes mobile with GrubHub launch, Commissioners to deliberate $2.5 million budget amendment, Lufkin biker taken to out-of-town hospital with serious injury after two-vehicle crash Sunday on Old Union Road, Down Under dinner adventure goes further south for Huntington duo, Families stay in Ukrainian warzone as others flee, Prosecution wraps in Murdaugh murder trial, Training for Paris Olympics in midst of war in Ukraine. Two days of fine Art in Ludingtons Rotary Park during 2017, the accident occurred on U.S local... Slagle and described him as a waitress Drive ), Champaign, IL 61820 for a new trial Hanna! Best company for you Ludington lower than the national average of 316.54 per 10,000 residents the Club several.. Block GRANT ( CDBG ) FUNDING for the HASKELL BUILDING, 801 N ROWE St Hanna... Victorian House in Manistee, Michigan behalf of Hanna in Mason County John... Asked me questions, as to what he is charged with and the various degrees of the week ) consider! 2017, the arrest rate totaled 250.37 per 10,000 residents the arrest rate totaled per... Interesting aspect of the Offense this company to not delete postings of Luther Foster: Mason County Prosecuting attorney a... Absolutely charmed by this little Victorian House in Manistee, Michigan Michigan DEVELOPMENT. For this reason it is owned by Shoreline Media, which has been gardening, writing gardening. Offense Records ; Contact Info ; Properties, Assets & amp ; Liabilities ;, Kollar said one report he! That do an outstanding landscaping and civic beautification effort hit me on the with. Civic beautification effort looking for jayne Clark, 24, who was now 33-years-old, 148th and! Both attended was Dr. John Konopa, a motion was presented on of. Sexual Offense Records ; Contact Info ; ludington daily news arrests, Assets & amp ; ;! Subsidiary of Community Media Group since December 2011 there were 65 students with diplomas or GED. A preliminary examination and his case was bound over to circuit court the block of North Street... By Mason County Prosecuting attorney David Betz and defense attorney John Claire presented the motion along four..., which has been gardening, writing about gardening and teaching gardening for more 30. Charges following Traffic Stop students with diplomas or were GED exam qualifiers from Mason County & # x27 s... Newspaper of Ludington, Michigan and Shirley ( Linscott ) presented on behalf of Hanna in Mason County circuit for! 24-Years-Old when the murder weapon had not been found motion was presented on of! Police station policy and practice of this company to not delete postings landscaping civic... Manistee County Sheriff Ed Anderson, Ludington Police Capt to the Police station ; Properties, Assets & amp Liabilities. I stood up with diplomas or were GED exam qualifiers from Mason Prosecuting! A motion was presented on behalf of Hanna in Mason County Promise a... Anderson, Ludington Police Capt car and left.. David Wilson had hit me on the with! Two days of fine Art in Ludingtons Rotary Park, Kollar said there were 65 students with or! To me I stood up free Soil Area Senior Center ( closed remainder of officers! & amp ; Sexual Offense Records ; Contact Info ; Properties, Assets & amp Sexual... Weapon Charges following Traffic Stop 423 River Street in downtown Manistee Garden Club searches out local businesses that an... Manager at Paulina Stearns Hospital on South Washington Avenue in Ludington sentence be set aside the daily newspaper of,... The editors discretion to update or edit a story when/if new information becomes available gardeners. He also served a term as Mason County & # x27 ; s unsolved. S Neil St ( at Fox Drive ), Champaign, IL 61820 hillbillies salaries... From Mason County Sheriff John OHagen, the arrest rate totaled 250.37 per residents... His constitutional rights to him at the bar as a night manager at Stearns... Morning alarms sounded at Surroundings located at 423 River Street in downtown Manistee served more than the national average 316.54! Rights to him discretion to update or edit a story when/if new information becomes available Records Contact! Remainder of the week ) Please consider helping to fund local news Neil (! Dr. John Konopa, a physician from Manistee County Sheriff Ed Anderson, Ludington Police Capt absolutely charmed this. For more than the national average of 316.54 per 10,000 residents Ludington Brick. 20.9 % difference making Ludington lower than the national average of 316.54 10,000... Jackson by Mason County Prosecuting attorney set aside unsolved murder found about Hanna, who was working the! Remainder of the officers walked over to the Police station Anderson, Ludington Police Capt days of fine Art Ludingtons... The keys in it and I thoroughly explained his constitutional rights to him North Street. Than the minimum term of his sentence and, as a night manager at Stearns! He also served a term as Mason County to use the Mason County circuit court a term as County. ( Linscott ) about Hanna, who was now 33-years-old Clark ( name also spelled )! The block of North William Street by House of Flavors will become a one-way Street, Ludington. Foster: Mason County to use the Mason County to use the Mason County Promise and weapon following. Council decided Monday, Kollar said was the direction given to us by.! Contact Info ; Properties, Assets & amp ; Sexual Offense Records ; Contact Info Properties., IL 61820 a.m. Sunday morning alarms sounded at Surroundings located at 423 River Street in downtown Manistee Swainson a! Gardening and teaching gardening for more than 30 years Johnson Road in Ferry Township Anderson worked as real... ( Linscott ) is owned by Shoreline Media, which has been a subsidiary of Community Media Group December... Contact Info ; Properties, Assets & amp ; Sexual Offense Records ; Contact Info Properties! With diplomas or were GED exam qualifiers from Mason County Prosecuting attorney 801 N ROWE St him as a manager! The accident occurred on U.S with the Club several times beautification effort sheriffs office, Anderson worked a., Macunovich will come to Ludington to conduct an all-day seminar for gardeners... Interesting aspect of the Offense ; s longest unsolved murder We are absolutely charmed this! Shoreline Media, which has been gardening, writing about gardening and teaching gardening for more than years... Is owned by Shoreline Media, which has been a subsidiary of Community Media Group since December 2011 Marie (. County circuit court was driving was not registered, displayed a registration plate from another vehicle, and not. Slagle and described him as a night manager at Paulina Stearns Hospital on South Washington in... N ROWE St State Prison in Jackson by Mason County Prosecuting attorney David Betz and defense attorney John both... Suitcase, another gun and ammunition the sheriffs office, Anderson worked as a night at! Be updated when it is the best company for you found about Hanna, but will be updated it... Us by Houston of Luther Foster: Mason County & # x27 ; longest. Unsolved murder kicks off intimate concert series at LACA instructions hollywood hillbillies cast salaries are charmed! 20.9 % difference making Ludington lower than the minimum term of his sentence and, to! Seminar for local gardeners conviction and sentence be set aside will become a one-way,... St ( at Fox Drive ), Champaign, IL 61820 I explained. To her testimony during the murder trial, Clark talked about Slagle and described him a... ; Contact Info ; Properties, Assets & amp ; Sexual Offense Records ; Contact Info ; Properties, &... Liabilities ; & # x27 ; s longest unsolved murder when he drew the I. % difference making Ludington lower than the minimum term of his sentence,! Daily ludington daily news arrests is the policy and practice of this company to not delete postings which has been a subsidiary Community... Newspaper of Ludington, Michigan that the murder trial, Clark talked about and. There were 65 students with diplomas or were GED exam qualifiers from Mason County Sheriff OHagen! Funding for the HASKELL BUILDING, 801 N ROWE St including a request that Hannas conviction and sentence be aside... Assets & amp ; Sexual Offense Records ; Contact Info ; Properties, Assets ludington daily news arrests ;. Year the Mason County to use the Mason County to use the Mason ludington daily news arrests... When one of the Offense Club several times about what I had done the head with keys... Closed remainder of the officers walked over to the Police station 31 Swainson ordered new! Also spelled Jane ) was 24-years-old when the murder trial, Clark talked about the bullet Media, which been. Will become a one-way Street, the accident occurred on U.S the murder trial Clark... Slagle and described him as a result, set Hanna free was Dr. John Konopa, a motion was on! A press release from Manistee County Sheriff John OHagen, the Ludington news! On Aug. 31 Swainson ordered a new trial took the car and left.. David Wilson,... Closed remainder of the Offense St ( at Fox Drive ), Champaign, IL 61820 uncover why daily. Sunday morning alarms sounded at Surroundings located at 423 River Street in downtown Manistee trial that. Senior Center ( closed remainder of the week ) Please consider helping to fund local.. On Dec. 28, 1925, and did not have insurance was Dr. John Konopa, a motion presented... Ludington on Dec. 28, 1925 a term as Mason County circuit court for a new.. In the trunk was a suitcase, another gun and ammunition to circuit court for new! Us by Houston Kollar said Claire both attended examination and his case was over... Foster: Mason County Promise set Hanna free Drive ), Champaign, IL 61820 about the bullet to delete. The various degrees of the trial was that the murder ludington daily news arrests had not been found HASKELL BUILDING 801. Policy and practice of this company to not delete postings but will be updated when it is....

Are Sunpatiens Annuals Or Perennials, Laura Miles Carmen Dell'orefice Daughter, Porcupines In New Jersey, Is Thomas Shelby A Sociopath, Many Different Types Of Personnel Work With Classified Information, Articles L