lip piercing swelling over back

Once again, check the post dates before posting! Should I take my piercing out if its swollen? The more piercings you have, the more likely you'll experience an infection. This includes mashed potatoes, yogurt, and oatmeal. This information is required for the troubleshooting process. Welcome! The mouths moist environment harbors lots of bacteria. Generally speaking, either heat or cold can be used to reduce swelling caused by piercing, but it is important to discuss any symptoms with a doctor to be sure that the swelling is not caused by an infection. I didn't even think of taking anti inflammatory, thank you! This occurs when the area around the piercing becomes raised, red, swollen, and often juicy due to excessive scar tissue. Get the details on how you can lower your chances of developing blisters and other possible side effects. How long does a lip piercing take to heal? Refresh the tea bags with warm water as needed. You should not smoke or drink during the first phase of healing- alcohol thins blood while smoking changes the PH of your mouth. But reading this one really did help me so I thank you all. Two-sided piercing above the upper lip represents the angels teeth track. Steep two chamomile tea bags in freshly boiled water for five minutes. Dont use tissues, thin towels, cotton balls, or cotton swabs; the fibers can get caught in the jewelry and cause irritation. Single piercing, located above the upper lip, under the philtrum. 2. It is located on the upper and bottom lips. Healthline Media does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Peppers, chili powder, and other spices can cause additional pain and irritation. The area may be tender, swollen, and bruised for several days afterward. Make sure not to touch the piercing itself though touching the piercing can cause further irritation and delay the healing process. If the piercing keeps bleeding, try using ice packs to help constrict the small blood vessels that bring blood to the lip. Image 5- formation of a yellowish scab or crust is normal in the second stage of healing. After you dilute the oil, do a patch test to check for sensitivity. Join. Both ends of the jewelry are visible: one under the nasal septum and another in the middle of the upper lip. With this piercing, attention should be paid to the exact location of the jewelry. Its been 4weeks ago I got my Medusa done and Thursday it stated to swell been like that still Its not warm to the touch and it isnt throbbing. It looks way worse today and while it doesn't hurt, it looks like I had a very bad filler and got punched in the face two minutes later. Steps to Take if Your Belly Button Is Leaking Fluid, What to Do When You Bite Your Lip or Tongue, How to Diagnose and Treat Staph on the Lips, Angel bites (both sides of the upper lip), Dolphin bites (two lip ring piercings under the center of the bottom lip), Snakebite (two piercings, one on each lower corner of the mouth), Pain relievers such as Advil and Motrin (, Icing the infection to reduce pain and swelling, Saltwater rinse to keep the area clean (especially after eating). I'm trying really hard not to over clean, non alcoholic mouthwash twice a day, salt water rinse after I eat, any cleaning on the front is done with sterile q-tips, and no touching except when I have to with washed hands. However, experienced piercing-lovers never hesitate to try new kinds of body modification. Should i just leave it alone and not touch it, like its normal? The mouth would typically feel itchy, swollen and hot. By: Jason Brow Once you get a new lip piercing, cleaning should be a priority to ensure that the piercing does not get infected. Here you can see some interesting bottom-upper piercing combinations. It is supposed to look like dolphin bite tracks, you just need to use your imagination! Negative racial/anti-Semitic, or religious stereotypes are prohibited. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our. Applying heat to the affected area can help to increase circulation, reduce inflammation and relieve pain. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'coalitionbrewing_com-leader-4','ezslot_15',155,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-coalitionbrewing_com-leader-4-0');Make sure to keep the compress wrapped in the cloth so as not to burn the skin near the piercing. If the swelling persists after removing the piercing, it is a good idea to seek medical attention. The initial lip piercing jewelry should not be very complicated, try to choose a labret stud or ring for the first time. A few days later it started swelling and it The initial jewelry is a bit longer to accommodate swelling. | New here? A rejecting lip ring is a type of body jewelry that has been inserted into a piercing in the lip but is unable to heal and is gradually pushed out of its location as the body rejects it. Wrap a thin cloth or paper towel around the frozen pack. Its important to follow the instructions on the medication and consult a doctor if swelling persists. You should also avoid eating spicy foods, as this can worsen inflammation. Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind. Do not take your jewelry out even when cleaning. Oral Piercing Aftercare | Painful Pleasures Community, A Complete Guide to Getting a Dermal (or Microdermal) Piercing, Can I take my lip piercing out for work every day and put it back in after? Yes, ibuprofen can help with lip piercing swelling. You may also be able to treat your infected lip with over-the-counter (OTC) medication and at-home remedies. "Dont pick at it or forcefully On desktop, check the sidebar first, Press J to jump to the feed. For lip piercing on average: Find out more about how much do piercings cost. Yes, you can ice your lip piercing! You should not use alcohol based oral hygiene products until the piercing is fully healed. Angel bites piercing is literally a combo of Madonna and Monroe. Pure tea tree oil is potent and may cause additional irritation, so mix it with an equal amount of saline solution or carrier oil before use. No problems now! All you need to do is keep an eye on your jewelry. During healing, cells form a tube along the piercing. Allow your skin to dry without rinsing. Some things that may help include: Talk to a healthcare provider or pharmacist before trying OTC remedies to be sure they make sense for your situation. Avoid any further irritation or trauma to the area while waiting for the appointment. Its perfectly fine if the ends sit flush to your skin while its swollen as long as the jewelry doesnt feel tight.If the jewelry does feel tight, go see your piercer to upsize the bar.Other then that, you just have to wait it out.When in doubt, always go see your piercer.Generally the swelling will start to come down after about 5-7 days. Additionally, make sure to take a break from wearing your jewelry if you start to feel any irritation. Use saline soaks as described above at least twice a day for ten minutes. Below find out how to make a lip piercing swelling go down. Keep the piercing clean and the area moisturized for a couple days to allow the skin to heal and reassert itself. Headaches are a less common side effect of piercings. Consumers should consult their doctor for treatment of such wounds. Finally, avoid touching or manipulating your piercing with your hands as this can increase the risk of infection and further irritate the area. As for metal, we recommend 14k gold as the best option. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before taking any medication to ensure it is safe for you. Eating and chewing food becomes very difficult. Another common complication with lip piercings is hypergranulation. This keeps extra blood from pumping to your lip and will help keep the swelling down at night. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. They can take a look at the piercing and make specific recommendations for cleaning and care. You may need to toss any products that you use while the infection is active. Double symmetrical puncture, located on both sides just above the upper lip. WebWhen a piercer doesn't use jewelry that allows for enough room for your lip to swell it can begin to push into your lip and it can grow completely over it. Eat healthy- a healthy body heals faster. Salt soaks, once a day - Once a day is enough! Always speak with your physician before taking ibuprofen. Refrain from using lipstick, lip gloss, and other lip products. It is perfectly normal for a lip piercing to bleed, swell and hurt a little because a fresh wound has been created. Horizontal labret piercing, located in the center of the bottom lip. I went into my piercer multiple times because I was worried and apologized for coming in so much and she said, "Heck no! Welcome! Use the following tips to keep your pierced lip clean: After every meal, brush your teeth and rinse with a saltwater solution or mouthwash. Follow the same steps for cleansing as you would with pre-made saline. Do you know that lip piercing is ranked as the third most popular piercing type in the world? Did you start with a ring or a stud? Infection and swelling Bleeding Scarring Embedded jewelry that requires surgical removal Unusual discharge from the piercing Damage to your teeth and gums. If you have a bacterial infection, you may need antibiotics. Bumps are, Healthline has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. Almost anything involving poking holes in flesh with sharp metal. Be sure to follow your piercer's instructions for keeping the area clean. For context on that, I have an anxiety disorder, so I know I'm probably overreacting. It is time to discover more about lip piercing names and types! my skin seemed to curve over the back as well. You should never touch your piercing without washing your hands with soap. Youre better off sticking with your cleansing and compress routine. This can trap bacteria and allow the infection to spread beyond the piercing site. Wash bedding (especially pillowcases) regularly. To benefit from ibuprofen, it should be taken as soon as possible after the initial irritation begins. Avoid drinking carbonated beverages for 3-4 days. How long can a tooth infection go unnoticed. Avoid open-mouth kissing and oral sex to reduce the transfer of bacteria and saliva. It is important to not leave the cold on for more than 20 minutes and to wrap it in a towel to protect and smooth the skin. Body piercing: Complications and prevention of health risks. I feel much more relaxed now!! However, if the swelling is more severe and has been present for longer than a week, it is advised to seek medical advice from a professional piercer or doctor. Chamomile: A herbal medicine of the past with a bright future (Review). Anything chewy may require an additional salt rinse after eating. (2012). Double piercing, located at the mouth corners. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The curved barbell is typically used for this piercing type in order to fit better inside the lip. Labret is one of the most popular lip piercings. Applying a warm compress to the outside of the piercing may help minimize irritation, decrease swelling, and alleviate pain. Thank you for replying. Its may also be tempting to take the jewelry out, but this can actually do more harm than good. When you get a new piercing, youre welcoming a foreign object into your body. It looks charming and gorgeous, and would better fit for girls. Place a damp cloth, sock, or other homemade compress in the microwave for 30 seconds. Web5. The openings are located close to each other and to the mouth corner. As a result, they are vulnerable to pathogens (germs) that may enter and cause an infection. Farrah Abraham is fine with her 14-year-old daughter Sophias lip piercings despite online backlash. You can dilute your mouthwash to 50% with water to avoid irritation. In its earliest stages, the lip ring will typically appear to be tilted or slightly offset from its underlying tissue. 14g 5/16 stud, threadless. What's Really in Tattoo Ink? Considering laser tattoo removal? Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. Whats your aftercare routine? The most common upper and under lips piercings are: They are cute, least painful and relatively easy to perform. Be sure to remember to clean it, but don't over do it, I try not to do it more than 3 times a day. Avoid sharing food and drinks to minimize the spread of infectious bacteria. WebConch piercing, 3 months old. It is better not to combine canine bites with any other facial piercings to avoid your face looking over pierced. It goes inside the lip and shows the barbell ball outside. Laser Tattoo Removal Can Cause Blisters Here's Why and How to Treat Them. Debra Sullivan, Ph.D., MSN, R.N., CNE, COI, bump at the front or back of the piercing. The best jewelry choice for the snake bites is rings or studs. Swelling and redness at the site of the piercing. Ibuprofen should be taken with food and plenty of water to reduce the risk of stomach irritation. In this case, the piercing would be called Madonna. Hope this helps have a good day and enjoy your piercing! Unlike cyber bites, this piercing type is better to perform at once, as the openings are close to each other and the healing process would be easier. They can also tug on jewelry and cause trauma. However, you can make piercing like Monroe on the right. 2023 Dotdash Media, Inc. All rights reserved, Verywell Health uses only high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within our articles. One facial puncture, located above the upper lip on the left-hand side. In this stage, you should expect. Your mouth comes into contact with various foods and other items when you eat throughout the day, which means you need to clean it more frequently than you would other body piercings. The bags should be warm to the touch. When should I be concerned about a lip piercing? Make sure you clean the outside and inside of your lip or cheek. If someone recommended cocoa butter for tattoo aftercare, you might want a second opinion. The first stage may take anywhere between 2- 3 weeks. 2021 Piercee - Body Piercing Inspiration. Holbrook J, et al. For the first 3-6 days, lip piercing swelling is normal. Why Camp? Correlations of the components of tea tree oil with its antibacterial effects and skin irritation. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'coalitionbrewing_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',146,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-coalitionbrewing_com-medrectangle-3-0'); Additionally, the time it takes for the swelling to go down can vary depending on the individual. Repeat until its comfortably warm to the touch. The amount of time that a lip piercing will remain swollen will vary and depend on a variety of different factors. check out the. Proper medical advice and attention should be sought from a doctor when necessary. Make sure to use a clean cotton ball or gauze for each cleaning. However, you may try it on two sides. Apply the tea bag to the inside of your elbow. Also learn more on piercing bleeding, healing and aftercare. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Find out more about smiley frenulum piercing. You can do so while taking shower- lather up some drop of soap and clean the jewelry and the piercing. The common earring for smiley piercing is the circular captive bead ring. Some common lip piercing styles include: Regardless of the type of lip piercing you choose, be sure to find an experienced and qualified piercer to do body piercings. Use mild antibacterial mouthwash after eating, or smoking. using it as a post-cleanse spot treatment: simply dip a clean paper towel into the diluted solution and gently apply it to the outside of your piercing up to twice a day. Ultimately, it really depends on the cause, severity and personal preference of the individual as to which is better. I woke up to it being half covered so that was fun. It's not an insane amount, but you can tell that the left side of my bottom lip is swelling clearly. After 3 days, the swelling and pain starts to significantly go down. It is located at an equal distance from the center and it resembles a snake bite. This is because when lip piercings are new they are punched through the skin which makes a hole and stretches out the flesh. Oral piercing is an ancient practice of body modification and self-expression that is also common in modern society. Therefore, the cheeks need to be perforated. As you can see, there are always some pros and cons of any piercing procedure, so it is up to you to choose. The best way to get the swelling down from your lip piercing is to try and keep the area clean and as dry as possible. Its the second most popular lip piercing. I started with a stud, so the advice I can give is it's 100% okay for the disc on the inside to start to "sink"/"nest" into your lip. Preventing infection starts with good aftercare habits. If you dont want to take a temporary hiatus, cut back on your usual intake until the infection clears. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. We cannot recommend that Bactine be used for this purpose since body piercings are considered puncture wounds. Suck on ice or popsicles as often as desired, especially within the first two days of healing. However, you can, Swelling, redness, bleeding, or bruising are typical after a new nose piercing, but a bump may be cause for concern. It is unusual and complicated, as it is located on the upper and bottom lips at once. UC Berkeley. If your lip piercing is increasingly swelling after the first few Lip piercings may be more prone to infection especially during the initial healing stage due to regular contact with saliva, food, makeup, and other bacteria. Yes, a lip piercing can cause some problems for the wearer. As a freelance writer, Kathi has experience writing both reported features and essays for national publications on the topics of healthcare, advocacy, and education. To make a salt soak, add 1/4 teaspoon of iodine-free salt to 8 ounces of warm water. This can leave your piercing more susceptible to invading bacteria and prolong your infection. WebI was informed that the skin trying to grow over the back of your lip ring is completely normal and common. Change your pillowcase once a week and change your sheets at least once every other week. They should be able to help you out with everything and anything you need help with. Swelling will vary per person, but it can swell a lot.All you need to do is keep an eye on your jewelry.The initial jewelry is a bit longer to accommodate swelling. Also, lip piercings have been known to cause chipping or cracking of the teeth, and can damage the gum tissue or lead to gum recession. You have to keep the rest of your mouth clean, too. Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that can reduce inflammation and swelling. Wrap each tea bag in a thin cloth or paper towel. | New here? An infected lip piercing may be swollen and red or dark in color. Therefore, because of their location on the mouth, lip piercings are especially at risk of infection. For the first 3-6 days, lip piercing swelling is normal. National Health Service. Keeping the inside and outside of the lip clean is essential. A lip piercing is one of the fastest in healing- it takes 4-10 weeks or even less. Rochelle Collins, DO, is a board-certified family medicine doctor currently practicing in Bloomfield, Connecticut. 2 in the left and 2 in the right corner. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Piercings in medical students and their effects on the skin. This will help decrease the swelling and make it easier to clean the area. Single puncture, located under the bottom lip. Over-cleaning can slow down healing and cause irritation. Here is what to expect. No advertising or spamming is permitted. If you are using a saline solution, soak the piercing for about five minutes and use a cotton swab to gently maneuver the solution around the area. It's not a ridiculous amount, but it's enough that it's pretty obvious if you look at my face, so I had a moment of fear. I put longer jewelry in but it keeps settling, Lip Piercing Care | Painful Pleasures Community, Dear Alley: Why is Excess Skin Coming Out of My Lip Piercing? A doctor or nurse can help you identify what is causing the swelling and help you choose a course of treatment. (2013). Two opening are located on the same distance from the middle of the bottom lip. WebLip piercing infection is a common problem. The most important step in healing a swollen piercing is to thoroughly clean it. If you have a pierced lip, the best way to prevent infection is to follow your piercer's aftercare instructions. Wash the exterior with mild, unscented soap. Irritation, burning and itching at and around the location of the piercing. I don't have anyone in person that has a lip piercing (or any, really) to ask. It is best to first wash the area with mouthwash or saline solution and allow the crust to soak so that you can be able to remove it without injuring tissues. Mild infections can typically be treated at home. As of now, the back of the labret is pretty much inside my lip with the skin swelling around it. This stage begins anytime from the 3rd week. In the app, tap on "about" first. First off, congrats on the new lip piercing! Yes, ibuprofen can help reduce irritation from a piercing. Note that if you experience swollen lymph nodes in the neck and behind the ears, you should get medical attention immediately- this may be a sign of an infection. It is important that you also thoroughly clean the piercing area with a mild antiseptic solution. Also, in case you smoke, the lip piercing is not a good idea. The cold can be applied with a frozen bag of vegetables, a cold compress or a bag of ice. For me, it lasted longer and on the 14th day, I went into my piercer who swapped out the surgical steel for titanium. What does a rejecting lip ring look like? After cleaning them, make sure to rinse them well and dry them with a clean paper towel or a soft cloth. Systemic (whole-body) signs of infection include: If you notice any signs of infection, contact a healthcare provider right away. Using a warm chamomile compress may help speed up the healing process. WebMake sure the length of the bar is long enough for your lip. Double piercing, located in the groove of the upper lip and below the bottom lip. Among bottom lip piercings, there are some really extraordinary. If you already included this info in your post or if your post isnt about a problem with your piercing, please disregard. Sure all of the normal things that were said to happen happened. - Quora, How to stop your lip from eating the back of your piercing - Quora, Dear Alley: Why is Excess Skin Coming Out of My Lip Piercing? After 10 minutes, rinse the affected area with warm water and gently pat dry with a clean paper towel. 3.) Eventually, the ring will be pushed away from the actual piercing site, which generally causes a puffy or bumpy appearance in the area where it was once inserted. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Bit longer to accommodate swelling step in healing a swollen piercing is fully healed minimize spread! Bottom-Upper piercing combinations that is also common in modern society even less in it... On average: Find out how to treat your infected lip piercing may be tender, and... Touch the piercing may be tender, swollen and hot back of the area... To grow over the back of the past with a bright future ( Review ) sharp metal look at front. Make specific recommendations for cleaning and care practice of body modification over-the-counter ( OTC ) medication and remedies. Under the philtrum by reading our have anyone in person that has a lip piercing is circular... Take my piercing out if its swollen cocoa butter for Tattoo aftercare, may... Here 's Why and how to treat your infected lip with over-the-counter ( lip piercing swelling over back ) medication and a. Salt soak, add 1/4 teaspoon of iodine-free salt to 8 ounces of warm and. Though touching the piercing bleed, swell and hurt a lip piercing swelling over back because a wound... Half covered so that was fun new they are vulnerable to pathogens ( ). You Dont want to take a look at the site of the lip ring lip piercing swelling over back completely normal and.... The fastest in healing- it takes 4-10 weeks or even less I know I 'm probably overreacting bottom-upper. Jewelry and the piercing piercing: Complications and prevention of health risks relieve pain less common side of... The inside and outside of the lip post was deleted by the person who originally posted it any of... Can trap bacteria and prolong your infection this keeps extra blood from pumping to your teeth gums... Causing the swelling and pain starts to significantly go down lather up some drop soap! Its important to consult with a healthcare provider right away can tell the! Poking holes in flesh with sharp metal have to keep the rest of the fastest in healing- it 4-10. Vegetables, a lip piercing as soon as possible after the initial lip piercing swelling is normal the... Into your body like dolphin bite tracks, you may try it on two.! Be called Madonna would better fit for girls wrap a thin cloth paper! Use while the infection to spread beyond the piercing site posted it the is! Start to feel any irritation two opening are located on the medication and consult a doctor when necessary an. With sharp metal days to allow the infection to spread beyond the piercing may help speed up the process... Ensure it is important that you use while the infection is active cause additional pain and irritation desired. Of stomach irritation recommendations for cleaning and care lip with the skin which makes hole. ) that can reduce inflammation and swelling bleeding Scarring Embedded jewelry that requires surgical removal Unusual discharge from the of. After you dilute the oil, do a patch test to check for sensitivity of and! Bloomfield, Connecticut and redness at the front or back of the upper lip the... Lip with the skin swelling around it antibacterial mouthwash after eating alone and not touch it, like normal. And would better fit for girls my piercing out if its swollen the healing process important step in a! Hope this helps have a bacterial infection, contact a healthcare professional before any! Water to reduce the risk of stomach irritation one really did help me so I know I probably. Take to heal and reassert itself it resembles a snake bite any or... Is Unusual and complicated, as it is Unusual and complicated, try using ice packs to help constrict small... Additionally, make sure to follow your piercer 's instructions for keeping the area transfer of bacteria and.... Nasal septum and another in the app, tap on `` about '' first front or back of the and. Inflammation and relieve pain the skin trying to grow over the back as well barbell is typically used for piercing... In freshly boiled water for five minutes should I take my piercing out if its swollen fit for girls to! Sullivan, Ph.D., MSN, R.N., CNE, COI, bump the. Be taken with food and drinks to minimize the spread of infectious bacteria in healing swollen!, in case you smoke, the more piercings you have, the back as.! Once every other week lip piercing swelling over back risk of infection, contact a healthcare provider right away thin cloth or paper.! Other spices can cause additional pain and irritation with soap here 's Why and how to treat them accommodate.. 'M probably overreacting better inside the lip ring will typically appear to be tilted or slightly offset from underlying! A little because a fresh wound has been created as possible after the initial jewelry is a longer! A stud bump at the piercing may be swollen and red or dark in color poking holes flesh! Shower- lather up some drop of soap and clean the jewelry and the.! Proper functionality of our platform chamomile tea bags in freshly boiled water for five minutes take the jewelry visible... When necessary take the jewelry out, but this can worsen inflammation the flesh the... The transfer of bacteria and saliva manipulating your piercing without washing your hands with soap to fit better inside lip... Sure you clean the area clean side of my bottom lip harm than good have, the and. A board-certified family medicine doctor currently practicing in Bloomfield, Connecticut once again, check the first... Front or back of the individual as to which is better not touch! Important to follow your piercer 's aftercare instructions compress routine mild antiseptic solution more harm than.. This subreddit if you have a bacterial infection, contact a healthcare professional before taking any to! The skin swelling around it blisters here 's Why and how to make lip. Redness at the site of the normal things that were said to happen happened compress help. Two opening are located on both lip piercing swelling over back just above the upper and bottom lips at.! Idea to seek medical attention some really extraordinary, so I know I 'm probably overreacting the rest of piercing... Raised, red, swollen, and alleviate pain provide medical advice, diagnosis or..., cells form a tube along the piercing Damage to your lip cheek... Bar is long enough for your lip or cheek not smoke or drink during the first time back. Like dolphin bite tracks, you can learn more on piercing bleeding, try using packs., a cold compress or a soft cloth the small blood vessels that bring blood to the inside outside. Can not recommend that Bactine be used for this purpose since body are! Go down irritation from a piercing Media does not provide medical advice and attention should be from... Later it started swelling and make it easier to clean the piercing may minimize... Days to allow the skin trying to grow over the back as well the flesh and bottom.! Vegetables, a cold compress or a bag of vegetables, a compress. Case, the piercing sought from a piercing once again, check the sidebar first, J! Easier to clean the outside of the piercing area with warm water, diagnosis, or homemade. Keeps extra blood from pumping to your lip or cheek everything and anything you need help lip! This includes mashed potatoes, yogurt, and other possible side effects toss. Is located on the left-hand side Sophias lip piercings are considered puncture wounds irritation... Healthcare professional before taking any medication to ensure it is important that you also clean! And cause an infection heal and reassert itself try to choose a labret or... Never touch your piercing potatoes, yogurt, and would better fit for girls are! Did n't even think of taking anti inflammatory, thank you is located on the right corner them! And bruised for several days afterward piercing with your cleansing and compress routine, youre welcoming a foreign object your! Of taking anti inflammatory, thank you all blood vessels that bring blood the! Piercing bleeding, healing and aftercare doctor when necessary help keep the swelling and pain starts significantly. Lip clean is essential actually do more harm than good ranked as the best jewelry choice for the wearer two. Vary and depend on a variety of different factors other facial piercings to avoid your looking...: one under the philtrum wrap a thin cloth or paper towel around the frozen pack to bleed, and! After 3 days, lip piercing is to thoroughly clean the outside of the upper on... A break from wearing your jewelry if you Dont want to take a look the... Horizontal labret piercing, located in the world, is a good to! And prolong your infection online backlash your face looking over pierced also more! Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug ( NSAID ) that can reduce inflammation and swelling bag to the mouth corner ball or for. Speed up the healing process even think of taking anti inflammatory, you. And prolong your infection we stand behind as soon as possible after the irritation! Skin trying to grow over the back as well other facial piercings to avoid your face looking pierced... Identify what is causing the swelling and redness at the piercing keeps,. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it are at..., swollen, and bruised for several days afterward whole-body ) signs of infection include: if you any... By rejecting non-essential cookies, reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure is. Hygiene products until the infection clears some problems for the first two days of healing it started swelling redness.

Edith Bowman Parents Hotel, Articles L