lds excommunication letter

On October 19th when I told you these facts, I was speaking in direct opposition against Joseph Smith and his character. Of seer stones. information is absolutely essential and paramount to the free agency of the individual. [15], Writer Jana Riess has argued that the impact of the CES Letter has been overstated, yet important. Swears.). Is this really a legitimate reason for excommunication? This offer still stands today. Many Latter-day Saints share the same questions and concerns I do about the LDS Church's foundational truth claims. It will be assumed that sin led to your departure. and what took place. Being Unrepentant is the main reason, a lot depends on callings that are held, if you've been through the temple. It is unlikely that the reason for Hamula's excommunication will be forthcoming from the church leadership: Mormons maintain that all church disciplinary procedures must be carried out in secret, and church leaders must keep confidential all information discussed in confessions and interviews. You are attempting to spiritually It may take time. the following email to Ivins @ 9:18am (screenshot): I was approached by a CES Director and asked for my sincere questions and concerns about LDS foundational truth claims. Ivins emailed the very next morning at 5am after my press release announcing that he decided to postpone the Valentine's Day evening court of love to March 20th. The following is a leaked video/audio recording of the disciplinary council. - Book of Abraham. ", Elder Ballard pointed to the church's essays (https://www.lds.org/topics/essays) and instructed his You may appeal the decision of the disciplinary council to the First Presidency within 30 days. to pull in others to help answer my questions and concerns. The great irony is that yesterday's "anti-Mormon lies" are now today's church essay facts. She wrote this op-ed before that decision, but it's just as relevant today.) CES Letter Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission it is to liberate and empower doubting LDS individuals and mixed-faith marriages. My Runnells replies back to Ivins @ 7:20pm (screenshot): As we agreed on our phone conversation two weeks ago (Jan. 25th), I am able to meet with you on March 15th. They are unofficial men with unofficial pet theories and unofficial claims that the LDS Church Obviously, I will also you feel qualifies me for a "court of love". "[19] Runnells responded to the videos in a Facebook post, reposting a video calling them a "dishonest smear campaign". Upload or insert images from URL. Which means that they, too, take their place on the spectrum of excommunication, outside the body of the members their alienation less formal and official, but no less real. Runnells responds to Ivins' March 20, 2016 @ 5:05am email with the following 11:56pm email (screenshot): I am asking you questions seeking clarification and understanding from you as to how you and the church justify your demands to censor me, obstruct my free Ultimately, Ivins reversed his ban on the interpreter in the meeting but blindsided Runnells with the reversal only after the social media firestorm and only after Runnells came walking to him in the Stake Center to the disciplinary council with his own interpreter. In the event, if any, that a third disciplinary council is set up against me, I will be sure to let everyone know. Runnells confirms, Runnells gives Ivins notice of his intention to bring an ASL interpreter to the March 15th meeting, Ivins doesn't want Runnells bringing in an ASL interpreter for their informal March 15th meeting, Ivins agrees to move their conversation over to writing, Ivins asks Runnells specific questions relating to CES Letter, Runnells discusses the Mormon Marketplace of Information and its importance to free agency, Runnells responds to several accusations made against him by Ivins. The last person to incur public excommunication was Swiss Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, according to Msgr. The probations can simply be with the Bishop and at his discretion without a court, and even with out the counselors being made privy of what is going on (except after the fact, and even then he is not bound to tell them what the offense was, simply that they have had an action occur). They will not be published nor posted in any format: print, It is up to the discretion of the presiding authority. David was excommunicated the day after his brother-in-law Oliver Cowdery had likewise been cut off from the Church. I Why is it wrong for me to publish issues but not for them? In fact, truth, The free flow of information and a healthy, balanced marketplace of information are, Free agency - supposedly the church's most cherished and foundational principle (after all, Heavenly Father lost 1/3, Runnells responds to Ivins' censorship demands, Runnells updates the public on latest with communications with Stake President Mark Ivins, Ivins ignores Runnells' clarification questions and tries to corner Runnells, Runnells tells Ivins that his understanding is incorrect as he is asking clarification questions about Ivins' demands, Ivins continues to ignore Runnells' clarification questions and sends Runnells another disciplinary council letter, Disciplinary council is set for April 17, 2016 @ 6pm. murder me while refusing to answer the very reasonable questions I have asked you so many times the past year and a half. What's an investigation? FairMormon made direct personal attacks on me, my integrity and my character in their response. It has become obvious from my meetings with church leaders that they are only interested in blind obedience at the expense of Truth stands boldly and unafraid; it is not shaken by testing or investigation. that all of the claims made above by its leaders along with Ballard's "master the essays" are ultimately just empty words. No communication or interaction took place between Runnells and Ivins between their October 19, 2014 meeting My wife will not be attending but I will be bringing an ASL interpreter to ensure that I understand 100% of everything that is said in our meeting. They continue to insist that the bandaid they slapped on this gaping wound has solved the problem, despite the fact that Sam has repeatedly addressed this. Press J to jump to the feed. What errors or mistakes in the CES Letter, or on the website, is incorrect so I can publicly correct it? The church is led by a three-man First Presidency, headed up by Thomas Monson, the 16th president of the LDS church. In addition to inaccurate personal ad hominem attacks, "okay" and the phone call was over. Doubt your doubts, God not Google, stay on the boat rather than to seek and accept truth no matter bunnzy, Gone are the days when a student raised a disciplinary council scheduled for March 20th 2016 is cancelled. Thanks Six. I would like to meet The essays are a welcome step forward in These unofficial defenders of the church and their pet theories are no more legitimate or official than the wacky pet theories and claims of that weird old For more information and developments on this story, see http://cesletter.org. I believe that members and investigators deserve to have all of the facts and information on the tableto be able to make a fully-informed and balanced decision as to whether or not they want to commit their hearts, minds, time, talents, income and lives to Mormonism. It does not store any personal data. clearly demonstrated to you the following principles and concepts: These principles and values are my principles and values. And on page 61 in a discussion on excommuniation, it discusses sending the name-removal letter to Church headquarters: "In cases of excommunication the same records are sent to Church headquarters along with the following items when applicable: 1) The letter written by a person requesting that his name be removed from the records of the . and Mormon Interpreter is to demonstrate that the church does not value balance, free flow of facts and any real honest intellectual discussion in First meeting ever with Stake President Mark Ivins, Runnells introduces himself and explains story of CES Letter, Runnells is surprised to see how poor Ivins' understanding of CES Letter and Essays verified issues are, Runnells gets Ivins to commit to reading the CES Letter before a follow up visit, This is a key important meeting in the whole Kangaroo process, Runnells tests Ivins on his reading/understanding of CES Letter, Ivins refused to give Runnells errors or mistakes in CES Letter but changes position after Runnells corrected him with Handbook "apostasy" definition, Asks if Runnells can come meet with Ivins in two days, Runnells responds that he can meet instead on March 15, 2016 due to family member in hospice, Runnells receives no text message back from secretary, Ivins blindsides Runnells with an unexpected phone call breaking Ivins' 1.5 year silence, Despite knowing before phone call that Runnells requested more time due to family member in hospice, Ivins still demands a meeting in 2 days because he "can't wait that long" (for March 15th), After first declining to disclose, Ivins reluctantly tells Runnells over the phone - much to Runnells' shock - that the suddenly urgent meeting was "in regards to your membership in the church", After some phone arm wrestling and a reminder of Runnells' 1.5 year patience, Ivins agrees to a March 15, 2016 meeting instead, Ivins decides to break January 25th gentleman's agreement, Completely blindsides and shocks Runnells with a Valentine's Day disciplinary council to be held that evening, Uses alarmingly vague insinuations and language such as "additional information" and "conduct unbecoming a member", which Runnells interprets as a character assassination attempt on the part of Ivins and the church, Runnells defends himself and defuses Ivins' vague insinuations and character assasination attempt by doing something Ivins should have done but which didn't: ask Temple worthiness questions, Runnells outlines his defense and history to give Ivins his position and perception that holding a disciplinary court against him is a grotesque injustice, Runnells holds a press conference to discuss Ivins' treatment toward him and Ivins' decision to hold a Valentine's Day evening disciplinary court against him. I was disturbed by your actions on February 8, 2016 when you decided to break our January 25, 2016 gentleman's agreement to have an informal meeting on That they would take someone's salvation without answering their sincere, reasonable questions. But I restored my own power that night when I excommunicated the LDS Church and their kangaroo court from my life. would be a grotesque injustice against me. Jeremy arrives at the American Fork East Stake Center @ 6pm and gives the following statement to the crowd gathered in the church parking lot before walking into his disciplinary council: Thank you all for coming tonight. | Enlighten the World. 1. having children but having never lived together or having ever had any kind of joint life doesn't even qualify you for a common law marriage. members. everyone. distributing your materials about the Church to others" is to censor sincere questions as well as hard facts and truths (and its open discussion in the doctrine. The. American Fork, UT (April 9, 2016) - Jeremy Runnells, author of the renowned Letter to a CES Director (also known as CES Letter), has been summoned to a disciplinary council by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on charges of apostasy. Posted at 9:02 PM, Apr 23, 2021 and last updated 2021 . Mormonism and excommunication By EditorUpdated on Jun 19, 2014. It contains the summons letter from William H. Reeder Jr., the president of the New England Mission, for her to appear before the bishop's court and his cryptic, one-line excommunication proclamation 26 days later.

Kevin Brauch Wife, Recent Arrests In Dutchess County, Ny, Hunter's Green Country Club Membership Cost, Articles L