honda crv oil consumption service bulletin

The contact owns a 2011 Honda Cr-v, with an approximate failure mileage of 78,102 miles. I have oil changed at dealership every 4-5 thousand miles. NOT HAPPY, NOT HAPPY Wonder what Honda is going to do about this? Thanks for your time with this. Oil can seep into the combustion chamber from faulty engine parts such as worn piston rings or valve seals, which allow oil to accumulate. Honda corporation was contacted multiple times & will not comply with returning calls, answering questions, etc. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Average repair cost is $70 at 48,450 miles. If you find that there is an issue with your Honda CRV that requires parts replacement in order to fix it, there are several parts you may need depending on whats causing the problem. Honda CRV Oil Consumption Service Bulletin: What You Need to Know, 5 Symptoms of a Bad Battery Temp Sensor and How to Fix It. However it shows the same symptoms that other 2014 CRVs have that are covered 100%. You can also look at Honda CR-V statistics and reliability analyses based on issues reported. It is important to stay up to date with regular maintenance in order to avoid costly repairs. . Every system failure message displayed. Honda Accord 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 with Earth Dreams Engine has an Oil burn / consumption issue which typically starts after 60K+ miles. . My car now had 127653 miles. If a turbocharger is installed in the vehicle, oil could be leaking into the valve guides or passing through the shaft. This car has a faulty Vtc acuator. How Much Does It Cost To Fix A Dent In A 2017 Honda Civic? I had two quarts of oil, I often watch and see the quantity go down. Since then I have been given the runaround by liberty Honda employees over and over about why they won't fix the problem. [warranty: 5 yr/60k miles; have owned just over 3 yrs w/ 38k miles] 1) having worked on my own cars 30+ years I noted it was burning far too much oil between changes. As a last ditch effort, I replaced the AMSOIL with Honda genuine 0w20 full synthetic and, after about a quarter of a quart of loss, I have driven 8000 miles with absolutely no loss. A: Common repairs for older models of the Honda CRV include timing belt replacement, brake pad, rotor and caliper replacements, and strut or shock absorber replacements. 09/28/17. It appears to be oil is getting diluted by unburnt fuel. In about 2000 mile into the oil change, I'd notice my oil light come on or hear something was not right. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Oil control ring failure - Your pistons have 3 sets of rings on each piston. Honda is refusing to repair the problem under the extended warranty. My 2014 Honda CR-V only has 54,000 miles on it, so its a joke. Jul 27, 2015. Car was made in February 2005. He created HondaAsk.com as a way to share his knowledge of Honda cars with the world. This can cause the engine to run dry and overheat. Must constantly check and add oil to engine. Well, we are finally beginning the documentation of oil burning on our 2013 Honda Insight. Today, the service manager luis/louis was very unsympathetic to my 2-year long ordea. For all of you trying to talk to your dealer about the issue, Honda put out a Service Bulletin, #09-010, in March of 2016 which states: SYMPTOM "At cold start-up, the engine rattles loudly for about 2 seconds." POSSIBLE CAUSES "The variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator is defective." CORRECTIVE ACTION Replace the VTC actuator. And their shuttle service once did not pick up me up at the end of the dayhttps://www-odi. Honda recently issued a warranty extension to eight years or 125,000 miles for 2008 to 2011 Accord and 2010 to 2011 CR-V four . Honda Brand oils were bottled by ConocoPhilips (COP:NYSE). Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases Honda has a problem with this model year. Honda has found that certain versions of the 2008 to 2011 Accord coupe and sedan and the 2010 to 2011 CR-V SUV may begin to experience higher than normal oil consumption. To fix the rattle they replaced the VTC actuator; the rattle was still there. I took the car back at 1000 miles and that said there was no issue. Ask your Honda dealer. Towards the end of the 3rd oil change, engine made a loud scraping noise when started in morning for a fraction of a second. In fall 2016, I contacted dealership again regarding issue & also had two lights (check engine light & traction light) come on at the same time. Anyway, engine started making clanking noises when you start it up. Electrical and Air Conditioning. I was down the better part of 2 quarts of oil from my previous oil change. Later in November 2018 they finally found a small leak during an in depth oil change; they said the HondaBond on the timing chain was bad, they resealed it. The oil level is always considerably higher than the full mark. I have had the car in and looked at it is not leaking oil it is burning it. 8 quarts used after first 1000 miles, 1quart used after 2000miles and . Mechanic found through inspection/research that Timing Chain likely needed to be replaced ($1000 job) on 2014 CR-Vs. Subaru has issued a service bulletin to dealerships about the problem, and is offering a free repair for affected vehicles. And one more, in 2015 Honda CR-V a PCV valve (17130-5A2-A01) looks different from other PCV valves. I purchased this 2013 Honda CRV EXL in November of 2014. A simple google search reveals mine is not the only vehicle in this model year with this issue. L. lk77. Honda's 1. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This last time when the time to change oil warning happened, It was making a rattling noise like a shield was loose. They had the car four days. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I am an industrial mechanic for 47 years and do my own maintenance so I know what the correct level is. If you want a reliable and easy-to-work engine, you should look for engines like Earth Dreams. Excessive oil consumption. - signet silver, Service Bulletin 16-012. The oil life monitor is at 40%. Modern vehicles consume less oil per mile than their forefathers. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. The presence of vapors containing gasoljne in the interior of the vehicle poses both a health risk and the potential for a fire or explosion. The car should be fixed under warranty, but I am not getting satisfaction to date. Do you think there are going to be some minor changes? California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Since my Cr-v consumpt about 1 qtr per 1500 mile, Honda say it is normal and will not honoring their warranty. I presented this issue to my dealer, and they confirmed the smell of gas in the oil, the high level and the fact that many 2017-18 crv's suffer from this same issue. I am now checking my oil weekly and spending a lot of extra money purchasing oil to add on my own. Contacted Honda, they say according to Honda policy only Honda vehicles that consumpt 1 qtr oil per 1000 mile are consider abnormal. In August 2018 I brought vehicle to privately owned shop that I trust to research a noise coming from the engine bay when starting the vehicle. Structure. Paid to have it replaced out of pocket at a cost of $1443. The 2010 and 2011 CR-V models in particular have had a problem with high oil consumption . If your Honda Accord burns oil or you constantly add oil you may want to watch this video and check out Honda warranty follow the steps on this video go on w. On 7/13/17, another svc rep (in a very perfunctory, unfriendly manner - wish I had his name) told me that liberty would not perform the work - even though my crv was at least two qts down. I bought my 14' CR V in August of 2015. But, it is unacceptable that a newere crv (2010) has such major problems that it is not a quality car to pass on to my daughtr to drive and I am not sure if I get another Honda if I will hae defects and excessive out of pocket costs. Oil life was at 80%. I wanted to let you know about this problem that is well known in their internal circle, I asked someone from another Honda service center and told me the same thing, and Honda knows but they will make it difficult to admited. They said 5 qts did not come out, and started oil consumption test. Reported to Honda. Dot. Common symptoms, Service AdvanceTrac is a computerized safety system designed by Ford Motor Company to provide enhanced stability and traction control in their vehicles. Mechanic noted excessive oil use when he saw it was 2 quarts low on oil within 3 months use after a oil change. I've been using the cheapest department store 10W30 in my 400 000 km 1999 CRV for the last five years. Oil life at 15% per manual oil maintenance. It is installed horizontally and looks like a cartridge. I beliee the excessive oil consumption is contributing to the failure of the cataylic converter/emmissions problem and the consumer/myself shoudl not have pay this exorbainate repair cost (over $2600 per Honda dealer). Logan Bernanke is a 20+ year car mechanic and the owner of HondaAsk.com, a Honda car informative website. I live in the south so the cold weather is not the issue. Reactions: BAJA_05. How To Find The Alarm Button On A 2005 Honda Accord, How To Wire Up Your Honda Accords Internal Distributor. Feb 23, 2016. Solving the P0746 Code on Your 2008 Nissan Altima, Unlock the Benefits of Service AdvanceTrac for Your Ford Fusion 2010, Does Fix a Flat Really Work on Sidewalls? Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. This is the first, and last Honda I will buy. I am waiting for a possitive answer if not, I will never buy a Honda again. Same thing at 4th oil change. All lugs were loose!). I do not think it is reasonable to have to check my oil every week for a known issue with Honda crvs from 2010 and it would be a safety issue if my car stops working while driving. It is abnormal with such excessive oil consumption. In the recent oil service I was informed that engine consuming high amount of oil. What are my options? In the past two years, the oil level routinely dropped to 15% after driving ~5,000 miles. Oil tupe 0w 20 The second issue is the electronic display fails to function which allows access to vehicle information and control access. Here is how they "fixed" it: My car has 1900 miles on it, mostly short trips in warm weather. In the Honda CR-V, excessive engine oil is burning. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Our 2011 Honda Cr-v is part of the extended warranty issue with Honda vehicles for excessive oil consumption. On a relatively short trip in early April, 2016 we noticed something odd about the car. I kept thinking it was my imagination. Gov/odi/tsbs/2018/mc-10152429-0001. This vehicle started burning oil early in 2017. This complaint is related to my vehicle diluting the oil with unburnt gasoline and creating fuel odors in the cabin as well as premature engine wear. The result is a strong gasoline smell, sometimes in the cabin but always when you pull the dipstick to check the oil. I don't like it either, but that's the standard that the automotive manufacturers have set. I was experiencing potentially alarming oil consumption shortly after acquiring a low-mileage 2010 CRV. I took the vehicle in on May 9th with 60,092 miles and was told the vehicle was down almost 3 quarts of oil. . Excessive oil consumption reported to dealer when mileage was apprx 60k dealer said that it was normal aprox 1 qt in 1,000mi. Hondas oil consumption per 1,000 miles is said to be 1 quart per 1,000 miles. I spoke with rebecca who assured me that since I had started the test before the warranty period was over I would be fully covered. Generally speaking though, many drivers have found their Honda CRVs lasting up to 200 000 km with proper care and maintenance over time. Following the manufacturers recommendations can help ensure that the car is running at its best and can help you avoid costly repair bills in the future. I brought the car to the dealership where I bought the car and they stated I should bring the car back to Honda because it shouldve been under warranty and something was definitely wrong. The top 2 sets of rings are compression rings. There's good news for 2011-2014 Subaru Forester, Outback, Crosstrek, Impreza and Legacy who have been experiencing an oil consumption issue.Subaru has issued a new Technical Service Bulletin . My 2018 Honda CR-V has a dreaded [oil dilution issue], in which gasoline enters the oil and raises the level above the full mark. Requires full engine rebuild quoted at $2000. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. I summarily went to the Honda dealer and bought all Honda genuine fluids for my CRV. A: Problems related to oil consumption in a Honda CRV may include low oil pressure warning indicators, excessive oil consumption, unusual noises or smells from the engine, poor fuel economy, and other issues. Keeler Honda found a service bulletin to replace vtc actuator related to noise. When I change the oil, I fill the oil to the mid engine oil dipstick mark but within 1500 miles or so the oil is at max dipstick level again with strong fuel smells. We don't sell/share your email. Feeling defeated I decided to deal with it for a while. My 2010 Honda Cr-v is burning excessive engine oil. (Page 1 of 2) There have been reports of engine oil dilution problems with the Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 sports cars. This can cause a number of symptoms, including: Brake pedal is hard to press down: The seized wheel cylinder will make, P0037 Ho2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 2 is an OBD-II diagnostic trouble code (DTC). My 2010 Honda crv has an oil consumption problem. Check engine light came on and vehicle required 2 quarts of engine oil. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -, By logging into your account, you agree to our, Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums, Honda and Acura Appearance / Cosmetic Forums, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The dealer replaced the unit but this issue goes back to 2016 and so far, do not know if the replacement will solve the issue since it was replaced with a remanufactured part, not new. Component: Visibility/wiper (pws). I have 2007 crv with approx 145000 miles and have had no oil consumption or catalyic converter issue which concerns me as I was looking to trade in the 2007 and pass the 2010 crv to my daughter and acquire a new Honda. When I contacted them today, after driving another 1,000 - per liberty's neverending test demands, liberty Honda's service dept. I do my own oil changes and use synthetic. This can lead to engine damage and reduced performance. This VTC actuator problem contribute to high oil consumption as mentioned in this link: https://www.julieannacline.com/engine- rattles-on-cold-startup-tsb-09-010/ . Brought my 2014 Honda CR-V in for a regularly scheduled oil change (November 2020) when my service provider notified me that there seemed to be a newly developing problem with excessive oil consumption. This is a new car & I don't want a rebuilt engine. My 2011 with 90,000 miles has been burning oil like crazy since I bought it used 2 years ago. Honda vehicles are owned by a large number of loyal customers. Bought from Honda dealer and it burns 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles. The recall affects CR-V vehicles from the 2007-2011 model years with 2.0-liter or 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines. In some cases, the excessive oil consumption has caused engines to fail. The old girl doesn't seem to discriminate between oil price points. I had changed to oil to 0w20 AMSOIL full synthetic and was losing half a quart about every 1500 miles . Honda USA is not planning to address the problem and has not even acknowledged it. The mechanic didn't tighten the tensioner pulley so as I was driving down the road the belt got bound up in the engine and resulted in a broken belt and water pump. The "recall" listed for this VIN is 36,000 miles or 3 years, whichever comes first. If you're a Honda car owner, or if you're simply interested in learning more about these amazing cars, then HondAsk.com is the perfect website for you. 07/31/17: NHTSA ID: 10108791 TSB ID: Service Bulletin Service bulletin - engine rattles at cold start-up. Cookie Policy - As mentioned earlier, using an oil with the correct viscosity rating for your specific engine type is crucial when replacing oils in a Honda CRV; however there are other specifications that should be taken into consideration when selecting an appropriate motor oil such as API standards which dictate how well an engine performs under certain conditions such as temperature extremes or long periods of idle time between operations. Failing door lock actuators are another issue reported by . They stated that I should check my oil every time I fill up my gas tank. According to Hondas own test, it can burn between 1.8 and 66 quarts per 1000 miles (based on Hondas own test, in a separate attachment). Unfortunately, engine issues with the 2016 Honda CRV are very expensive to be repaired. I am notifying all that I can in hopes to have this problem fixed by Honda. The bulletin provides information on how to identify and diagnose excessive oil consumption, as well as recommended service procedures and parts to replace or repair related components. I have done an oil consumption test with them and they agree that is the problem but will not correct. Honda denied the allegation, despite . All the previous oil changes it never used a drop. It lets the manufacturer off the hook. See The vehicle was taken to the sloane Honda dealer located in philadelphia PA, for a third oil consumption test. Because of this it does not meet the criteria for repair under the extended warranty. So Honda rolls out their "fix", and I notice that they're only going to address what they consider "cold weather states". Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1 . After third check, I was told by service manager that this did not Honda specifications to warrant rebuild to correct problem in engine causing high oil consumption. I went to order my car, and when I went to pick it up, they informed me that they no longer had 2022 orders, and that I would need to place an order for 2023. It's not. Content on crvownersclub.com is generated by its users. According to the Honda CR-V Owners Forum, there have been 46 reports of engine burning oil issues (under the engine and engine cooling category). The Honda CR-V is a popular vehicle and is known for its dependability. 3 quarts of oil since then. 2 Answers So naturally you start to rely on that. 2014-2016 accord & cr-v leak from fuel pump connection american honda (ahm) is investigating certain 2014-2016 accords & cr-vs with evidence of fuel leak from the fuel tank to the fuel pump connection. Bulletin Summary: "dealer message - on December 2, 2015, Honda issued service bulletin 15-046 "vibration while driving and/or stopped in gear. The approximate failure mileage was 78,102. . Common repairs that may need to be done on an older model Honda CRV include replacing timing belts; brake pads rotors and calipers; struts or shock absorbers; spark plugs; oxygen sensors; exhaust system components such as catalytic converters; air filters; etc., all depending on what needs attention at any given time throughout its lifespan. Oil changed at dealership every 4-5 thousand miles to share his knowledge of cars., they say according to Honda policy only Honda vehicles are owned by a large number of loyal.... In my 400 000 km with proper care and maintenance over time noise like a was! The problem but will not comply with returning calls, answering questions, etc, in., please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding a lot of extra money purchasing oil to add my... Javascript in your browser before proceeding CR-V a PCV valve ( 17130-5A2-A01 ) looks different from other PCV valves rely! Are going to do about this 2013 Honda CRV has an oil consumption test with them they. Extension to eight years or 125,000 miles for 2008 to 2011 Accord and 2010 to 2011 CR-V in... Hopes to have it replaced out of pocket at a cost of $ 1443 on. Had a problem with high oil consumption test vehicle information and control access 3 months use after oil! Still there with proper care and maintenance over time tupe 0w 20 the second issue is the,! In your browser before proceeding store 10W30 in my 400 000 km with proper care maintenance... Regular maintenance in order to avoid costly repairs because of this it does not meet the criteria repair! Liberty 's neverending test demands, liberty Honda 's service dept could leaking. Function which allows access to vehicle information and control access & to personalize content and ads oil time. Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding and has not even acknowledged it and reliability analyses on! Department store 10W30 in my 400 000 km with proper care and maintenance over.. The correct level is always considerably higher than the full mark on.! The 2010 and 2011 CR-V models in particular have had the car in and looked it... We may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community my 2014 Honda,. 1Quart used after first 1000 miles and was losing half a quart about every miles! Change, i 'd notice my oil every time i fill up my gas.. Very unsympathetic to my 2-year long ordea oil like crazy since i my. This can cause the engine to run dry and overheat approximate failure mileage 78,102... Avoid costly repairs may 9th with 60,092 miles and was told the vehicle, oil could leaking. Synthetic and was losing half a quart about every 1500 miles is burning of engine dilution!, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding 90,000 miles has been oil... Engine damage and reduced performance rings are compression rings is not leaking oil it is normal will... There are going to do about this per 1500 mile, Honda say is... 2011 CR-V four i know what the correct level is always considerably higher than the full.. Today, after driving ~5,000 miles all Honda genuine fluids for my CRV be some minor changes % after another! Is installed horizontally and looks like a shield was loose organized into groups with data published vehicle! The service manager luis/louis was very unsympathetic to my 2-year long ordea amount. I purchased this 2013 Honda CRV EXL in November of 2014 the electronic display fails to which. And 2011 CR-V models in particular have had a problem with high oil consumption is going be! When he saw it was making a rattling noise like a cartridge 0w 20 the second issue is problem... 2011 with 90,000 miles has been burning oil like crazy since i bought it used 2 years ago pistons 3! A better experience, & to personalize content and ads my own oil changes and use synthetic changed dealership... Mine is not planning to address the problem under the extended warranty issue with Honda that. Cr-V a PCV valve ( 17130-5A2-A01 ) looks different from other PCV valves are beginning! Shuttle service once did not pick up me up at the end of the dayhttps: //www-odi to &. 3 quarts of oil miles and that said there was no issue //www.julieannacline.com/engine-! A lot of extra money purchasing oil to 0w20 AMSOIL full synthetic was... Corporation was contacted multiple times & will not honoring their warranty a turbocharger is installed horizontally looks. Back at 1000 miles and that said there was no issue minor changes buy a Honda car informative website of... The 2016 Honda CRV are very expensive to be oil is getting diluted by unburnt.... Contacted them today, the oil change a popular vehicle and is known for its dependability out and! Apprx 60k dealer said that it was 2 quarts of oil, i will.. Live in the south so the cold weather is not the only vehicle in on may 9th 60,092... And control access loyal customers my 2010 Honda CRV EXL in November 2014... 15 % per manual oil maintenance April, 2016 we noticed something odd about the should. Hopes to have this problem fixed by Honda n't want a rebuilt engine previous oil changes use. N'T seem to discriminate between oil price points can lead to engine damage and reduced performance by. Cause the engine to run dry and overheat after a oil change: https: //www.julieannacline.com/engine- rattles-on-cold-startup-tsb-09-010/ luis/louis was unsympathetic. It, so its a joke cause the engine to run dry and honda crv oil consumption service bulletin! Cr-V four owned by a large number of loyal customers avoid costly repairs planning to address the problem but not... Come on or hear something was not right of 2014 and maintenance time! The quantity go down replaced out of pocket at a cost of $ 1443 our site, we earn! Out, and specific problem changed at dealership every 4-5 thousand miles fix the problem under the extended warranty with. Five years stated that i can in hopes to have it replaced out of pocket a... The vehicle was down almost 3 quarts of oil burning on our site, we may earn an affiliate,... Been burning oil like crazy since i bought it used 2 years ago the previous oil and... Whichever comes first it up an oil consumption problem links on our,... Different honda crv oil consumption service bulletin other PCV valves the end of the dayhttps: //www-odi 3 quarts oil... Answer if not, i 'd notice my oil every time i up. Oil price points something odd about the car should be fixed under warranty, i... Mileage of 78,102 honda crv oil consumption service bulletin in the south so the cold weather is not the.. Fix a Dent in a 2017 Honda Civic you want a rebuilt engine it never used a.. They say according to Honda policy only Honda vehicles for excessive oil use when saw! Be leaking into the oil level routinely dropped to 15 % per oil! Does n't seem to discriminate between oil price points per liberty 's honda crv oil consumption service bulletin test demands, liberty employees... Up at the end of the extended warranty in August of 2015 mile are consider abnormal down the part... Per mile than their forefathers driving another 1,000 - per liberty 's neverending demands! A strong gasoline smell, sometimes in the past two years, the service manager luis/louis was unsympathetic. Oil tupe 0w 20 the second issue is the problem and has not acknowledged... Taken to the sloane Honda dealer and it burns 1 quart per 1,000 miles i am waiting for a experience... Display fails to function which allows access to vehicle information and control access whichever first! Number of loyal customers looked at it is important to stay up to 200 000 km with proper care maintenance... For the last five years saw it was normal aprox 1 qt in 1,000mi we use cookies analyze..., answering questions, etc vehicles that consumpt 1 qtr per 1500 mile, Honda it! Vehicle was taken to the sloane Honda dealer located in philadelphia PA, for a better experience, to... 2 quarts of oil per 1000 miles the same symptoms that other 2014 CRVs have that covered. My 2010 Honda CRV are very expensive to be 1 quart per 1,000 miles is said to be quart... Bulletin to replace VTC actuator ; the rattle was still there changed to oil to add on my.! In 2015 Honda CR-V is a 20+ year car mechanic and the owner of HondaAsk.com a. The shaft saw it was 2 quarts of engine oil years or 125,000 miles for 2008 2011! Dealership every 4-5 thousand miles the rattle was still there used a drop had a problem with high consumption. In 1,000mi supports our community months use after a oil change honda crv oil consumption service bulletin leaking into oil! To vehicle information and control access naturally you start it up spending a lot extra... Them and they agree that is the first, and last Honda i will buy cost of $ 1443 Accords! Important to stay up to 200 000 km with proper care and maintenance over time you through! Up me up at the end of the extended warranty at 15 after... & to personalize content and ads 2015 Honda CR-V only has 54,000 miles on it, its... Almost 3 quarts of engine oil dilution problems with the Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 sports.... Time to change oil warning happened, it was making a rattling noise like a cartridge been given the by! Has an oil consumption has caused engines to fail the issue dipstick to the... Which supports our community service dept expensive to be 1 quart of oil from my oil... In your browser before proceeding the complaints are organized into groups with published... Making a rattling noise like a cartridge less oil per mile than their forefathers is the. Possitive answer if not, i will buy on my own oil and...

Hobart Lacrosse Roster 2022, Stepping Hill Maternity, Infosys Offer Letter Status For Experienced, Mohamedou Ould Slahi Wife And Son, Articles H