holley terminator x error codes

transmission control and more. But a very powerful tool for those who can use it well. Once you have confirmed you have the same handheld firmware version installed that you intend to install on the ECU, simply use the handheld to navigate to File > ECU HW/FW and click on "Upgrade ECU Firmware" at the top of the screen. If you don't have this version then you'd want to update both the Handheld Display and the ECU using the instructions above. The available base calibrations still only include the standard, 4150 Super Sniper, and 2300 Sniper. I have been told if you just install the linkage, the fuel flow will be off. That is a bit surprising since, to my knowledge, there is nothing that is done in the setup wizard that could not be done on the standard Sniper. classic car or truck Used for updated SD Card Contents on any 3.5" Handheld Touchscreen - Compatible with Holley EFI - Sniper EFI - Terminator X. Terminator X V2.0.50 Software - Required for GEN III VVT Control and 46RE Transmission Control. The "PC Text" indicates what will be shown on the PC/Laptop data monitor or data logger. I have recently updated the format of this article slightly, providing a changelog and the SD card updating instructions. The scan tool will display a high voltage when the throttle plate is at rest. 3 0 obj Most import. I'm not sure it had anything to do with the firmware update but this is the first time that I have been able to get the File > Local Setup > Touch Calibrate to work (though, to be fair, I've never had any issue with the calibration of the touchscreen. In Closing In our opinion, both of these ECU's have their place, and choosing the right one hinges on your engine combination. Voltage is at 14.4V. Please update the Sniper EFI ECU to continue". In nearly every case there is no benefit to upgrading. late-model V8 engine swaps. The throttle position sensor (TPS) has been redesigned for the throttle-by-wire. The problem is, this ECU cant differentiate when the nitrous is on or off. Now you just tap the number, a number pad pops up, and you just type in the displacement. endobj % I payed $80 brand new from holden for a 5 litre. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 1: Software Install & Overview walks you through getting the Terminator specific software installed on your laptop. 17 ENGINE SETUP Fuel Injector Flow:Adjust fuel flow injector ratings to match what is installed on the engine Actual System Fuel Pressure: Enter the actual fuel system pressure for accurate fuel map & logging data. First, don't upgrade any of your Sniper firmware unless you are upgrading for a specific reason. 99. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 14: Main Fuel Table Tuning walks you through how to properly calibrate the main fuel table within the Terminator X software. We explore the various different ways to integrate the closed loop fuel control in your tuning strategies. Both the Sniper ECU (the "brains" inside the throttle body) as well as the handheld display operate using firmware. ~>Jpn!O&r(~xmM0#g9l}d%`]a]lsSEZ. This is the third firmware version in a row that works with the Version 1.1 Build 3 software. The configruation files for all of these new Sniper versions may get added in the future (but you can always get them from the Setup Wizard.). These are inverse signals. If something gets out of the preset parameters, the ECU will literally cut power to save the engine and compensate for target air-fuel ratios as needed. How many times have you started that data log, captured EXACTLY what you were hoping to capture, then got all excited and keyed-off before going in and hitting "Stop Logging"? From the best I can tell, there were fixes in the ECU firmware 1.1.14 that worked for the Quadrajet Sniper but are not acceptable for the other Sniper EFI Systems. This parameter is for sensor1 of the TP sensor assembly. If you do not (and if you have the correct firmware update file installed on your SD card) you can fix that at this point by clicking "Upgrade device FW" in the bottom-right corner of the handheld. Id imagine if it wasnt compatible, it would not work at all. endobj I have just purchased a 1967 El Camino with a Sniper EFI on a 327. This article as well as the rollback data link were quite useful. Not just a build upgrade but we've migrated from version 1.1 to 1.2. injection systems capable of I go to the selection for the ECU firmware update and it shows no data in the window despite having just got the data directly from Holley's site. x[4SU#tn!.6 f&*w"Re>~=6U7wOC;1XPq[-o!w(l_>{Qxs#+K7wMlOG8|BSpD3w^a$PJ']Q!L+;fT#w;jxP%$Q The scan tool will display a low voltage when the throttle plate is at rest. To be fair, this can all be a little confusing. Thanks so much for the insight. 2 0 obj The most common way that might happen would be to lose power, but accidentally dislodging the SD card mid-update could do the same thing. This is the case when you follow the SD card preparation results above. Holley Terminator X - First Start Tips and tricks on LS C10 The Driveway Engineer Holley Terminator X Max install for newbies! Unfortunately the handheld updates firmware seemingly okay. The newly-supported Sniper systems are: But there's a whole new software too. The HP and Dominator ECU's have had this forever. We have dabbled in tuning with the factory ECU just enough to know; its not that easy. I think this may have been a "whoops" and was immediately superseded by 1.1.25. At various points and for various products I've seen where no prohibition is given and others where it specifically says "Gasoline Only". A bug fix was made to the "Actual System Fuel Pressure" setting in the handheld firmware. A forum suggested a firmware update to the EFI as a solution for this and then this disaster started. Holleys Terminator X and X Max were explicitly engineered for stock or modified LS swaps with the automotive enthusiast in mind, which says everything. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 8: Fuel Tuning Strategies walks you through the various fuel tuning strategies the Terminator X system has to offer including VE, Fuel Flow / Speed Density, and Alpha-N. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 9: Basic Inputs Set-Up & Configuration walks you through programming of the most basic sensors like MAP, TPS, ECT, and IAT. If you dont want to mess with the headache of building a standalone harness, then you can order one from companies like BP Automotive, Speartech, PSI, or Howell. The easiest way to find out what firmware is on your ECU and handheld display is to power on the Sniper EFI System. <>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> Neither of these questions are asked unless the user opts for turbo or supercharger as a power adder. So if you have a junkyard LT engine for a swap with a 6L80 or 8L90 transmission and want to run a Terminator, you will need to ditch the gearbox and replace it with either an older electronic four-speed transmission or a non-electronic unit like a TH350. Find Holley Terminator X MAX Engine Management Systems and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! One important warning. As mentioned above, it is critical that this process is not interrupted to make sure there is no way you might lose power mid-update. In sincerely hope that this has been helpful. We explore how to tune idle within the DBW programming as well as altering the throttle mapping capabilities. Holley recommends deleting the instructions.pdf file from the SD card. You should be all set. Its unusual to find someone who knows so much, so eager to share and teach, and knows the products hes selling inside and out, willing to work endlessly with you to get exactly what you need (not his highest profit margin), and then work tirelessly to help you with problems. Tach display on the handheld screen goes from stall to sync, then to error and would not run. Holley Terminator X engine management systems let you take control of your domestic V8 engine. We reached out to Casey Rance, Owner of, On-Board Diagnostic LEDS for ECU Power: Engine Run, Wideband Status, TPS Calibration, Crank Signal, Cam Signal, 4 Inputs: 12v, Ground, 5v, and Frequency, for things such as additional pressure sensors, or activation triggers for nitrous activation, or a trans brake (Fuel and Oil Pressure Inputs are Pre-terminated), 4 Outputs: Ground, PWM for accessories such as; fans, boost control, nitrous control, IAC Kit, and more, Boost Control: Boost vs. Time, Boost vs. Gear, Boost vs. RPM, Boost vs. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 24: Engine Fail-Safe Protection walks you through how to implement the basic and advanced fail-safe engine protection features within the Terminator X software. 1987 Fiero Dominator with DBW and CNP on a Turbo Series II 3800. Our engineering team puts equal amounts of effort into functionality, capability, and ease of tuning, Perkins says. If you needed to buy an ECU, harness and have someone tune it, it could get pricey. If this is your first visit, be sure to And, as mentioned, one should always upgrade the handheld first and then use the handheld to upgrade the ECU. Banging gears, turning wrenches, and praying while spraying are just a few of his favorite things. 8 0 obj Detailed wiring instructions are provided with Holley Terminator EFI Kits. The progressive link makes such a huge difference in the driveability of the Sniper. I read step 5 and never did it. Stay up to date with the latest releases, events, promotions and more. I have the Sniper EFI version 1.1.6 installed. Is the fuel pump relay turning on after start or does it just run for the duration of the prime setting? Yes, there is a warning, which is good because this has the potential to be a bit dangerous if misused. So whenever you upgrade one you will generally need to upgrade the other. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 18: Fuel Injection Timing walks you through how to properly program and tune using the fuel injection timing table within the Terminator X software. The "Gauge Text" is what would be shown on a 2-1/16 gauge or the Avenger handheld display. Copyright 2017 Cyberspace Automotive Performance, Inc. All Rights Reserved. While I cant speak to software that tunes the factory GM ECU, I can say that Holley EFI is the easiest, most intuitive EFI software on the market. G (1) S (1) Get Results; Price Range . I didn't find that necessary but it doesn't really add a lot of value either. The default is just a few seconds to prime. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 15: Fuel Modifier Tables walks you through how to properly tune using the IAT, ECT, and AFR offset tables to ensure proper AFR delivery in all conditions. Loading to the 86 bit program file? That suspicion is supported by the fact that it seems unlikely that the ECU firmware for the Sniper BBD would not require some sort of update (as we see in 1.1.25.). Though it was built to implement the Sniper EFI System it does not allow the handheld to monitor CAN bus channels 29, 30, and 31, which are the three channels across which Custom1, Custom2, and Custom3 (the additional sensor inputs) are sent. We reached out to Evan Perkins, Holleys digital content manager, for additional insight into the companys Terminator lineup. Remember that this may have saved configurations and data logs that you would want to keep so save a copy of the entire SD card contents on your computer. I have since remedied that (see "What Firmware Is On My Sniper EFI System? :-). I've installed this on many Windows 10 machines (including a newly-refurbished Dell laptop that I just acquired last week.) My sniper was purchased through Speedway Motor in April 2018 according to the receipt. In fact, I believe if one wants to blow a turbo through their standard 4-injector Sniper then all they need to do is run the setup as a 4-Injector Super Sniper, do all of the turbo setup functions, then after the wizard is completed simply circle back to Tuning > System > Sniper Setup and select the standard 4-Injector Sniper. After over 30 years in software and electrical engineering, I have learned never to upgrade any sort of software without good reason. $%["VU)yfS"5! Not because it's so difficult. multi-port EFI systems 5. #1 Error Message On Holley Terminator EFI Screen 12-31-2015, 07:32 PM Just about every other time I crank my car, I get the first screen and it will just sit there for about 30 seconds, then it will flash up an error. In addition we explore the software to begin the training course. Perkins said, The Terminator X was designed with the LS swapper and grassroots racer in mind. We reached out to Casey Rance, Owner of Mailordertuner.com, to see what that would cost. The next time you power on the system no firmware update will occur because the .fwu extension was changed to .--- in this update process. If one is found then it runs that firmware update. Thank you in advance. #7 LED light stays green. In reality, there are two ways to fix this: You can downgrade the ECU firmware back to 1.0 or upgrade the handheld firmware. It turns out that Holley put a second copy of the .fwu file into the /HOLLEY/FW0101 (/HOLLEY/FW0100) directory. This was a major update to support the new Sniper 2300 and Super Sniper EFI Systems, as well as the HyperSpark Ignition. Bolt-On EFI for your Contrary to the name on the button, unless you put a new version of the ECU firmware on the SD card, each additional time this button is pressed will simply result in the ECU being reflashed with the same version of the firmware that is on the SD card. On the body it has the cast of the "GM" logo, then in black printed numbers/letters it has "155805109___0163A", that doesn't seem to be a part number though because I can't find anything on the interwebs. Honestly, it sounds like you're over-complicating something. 5. This page was generated at 07:50 PM. I have a 2004 S10 crew doing a 383 LS1 swap. Holley has been quite non-committal about support of E-85 in the Sniper EFI System product line. Copy the contents of the unzipped folder onto the SD car. TPS1 is viewed by the engine control module as the primary source of throttle plate position under normal conditions. After the install is completed I get the message unable to execute file: failed to start due to side by side config is incorrect. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 22: Alpha-N Tuning walks you through how to properly calibrate and tune with the Alpha-N feature. 2. It allows the user to set up securities for things like a fuel pressure drop, changes in air-fuel ratios, loss of oil pressure, and more. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 17: Closed Loop Fuel Tuning walks you through using the closed loop compensation and learn compensation within the Terminator X software. If you connect a older-version handheld with a newer-version ECU, a bold warning is shown on the handheld telling you "Connected ECU version is not supported by this device. There is nothing "broken" in any of the versions of the software that have been released. Holley EFI TERMINATORXSOFTWARE Terminator X Software Introducing the Terminator X Software from Holley EFI. Spyder Garage How To: Holley TermS. I have also tried two different versions of the installer 1.1.3 and 1.0.4. The LS1 harness (558-102) provides +12V to the rear mount cam sensor as the original GM 24x ECU did. i just got another tps and replace it with the old one. The factory GM ECU uses a mass airflow sensor (MAF) in conjunction with two narrow-band oxygen sensors. 29 0 obj We explore several examples including per cylinder corrections, EGT correction, IAC position fue Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 26: Basemap Creation & Tuning Methods walks you through how to properly configure a base file for a naturally aspirated or forced induction engine. I was like ooops! just get a cheap TB off ebay and grab it off that. Currently out of stock and will be shipped directly from Holley when available. Find a lower price anywhere and we'll beat it by 5%! Strictly speaking, I believe that Holley released the firmware updates a bit ahead the Build 26 software so I believe that these firmwares will work with Build 17 of the software. Terminator X Reference Manual and Tuning Guide, Pro Dash Firmware for Terminator X compatible with V1 and V2 ECU Firmware. When the firmware update is completed, the .fwu file extension on the firmware update file in the root directory is changed to .--- and the user is prompted to "Remove SD, reboot device". You will be doing yourself a service to do a proper burnout in the water box off the bottle. Its compact size will give you plenty of mounting options. In our opinion, both of these ECUs have their place, and choosing the right one hinges on your engine combination. Easier than you think! Any thoughts? But if you happen to need details on the available versions, the process by which both the handheld and ECU firmware is installed, and the key features of the latest version, I think you will find this especially helpful. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 2: Firmware Updating & File Uploading walks you through how to do a firmware update on the Terminator X system. The problem is, theres not a good way to add the additional fuel needed, and its much like the timing dilemma mentioned above with the wet system. Since it is always important to update the handheld firmware to the intended version and then update the ECU, you should first use the handheld to navigate to File > Local Setup > Local Info and observe that you have the intended version of the handheld software installed. Quoted $190 for a VT 6 cyl TPS from Holden and $10 for the plastic bit that locates it when fitting. Next, go back to the Home menu and navigate to File > ECU HW/FW. This has been available in the standard Holley software forever and is incredibly helpful if you need to see the detailed differences between two configuration files. With the Terminator X, you might have 600 tables making it much more user-friendly.. This is true whether you are going forward or backward in versions--do the handheld, then the ECU. Holley Terminator X training course starts with the basics of downloading and installing the HolleyTerminator X software. Like many others, EFI System Pro allowed me to dial a new Holley Sniper. It just happens. Perkins continued, The advantages of Terminator X Max over the factory ECU are nearly endless. Follow these steps: 1. But if you do have a specific reason to upgrade I wanted to provide detailed instructions on how this works. Capability Range: Advanced )The installation runs in several segments, installing the software first and then the drivers for the USB adapter. If it's not broken, and if there isn't a specific feature that you need in the updated software or firmware, then by all means do not upgrade. If you already own a factory ECU, built a standalone harness, purchased tuning software, and tuned it yourself, you could have a functioning set up for about $400. Holley integrated onboard diagnostic LEDs for ECU power, engine run, wideband status, throttle position sensor (TPS) calibration, crank signal, and cam signal. cause I've found a few that are a lot cheaper. http://forums.holley.com/showthread.ents-Read-This, https://forums.holley.com/showthread5115#post65115, If this is your first visit, be sure to Before we get into the details of what these very different ECUs can or cant do, lets look at the price difference. Recently, we purchased a custom standalone harness with 3-foot of added wire for $750, but you can buy them starting in the $500 range. These and later versions give you the ability to configure the ECU to appropriate fuel only to the primaries until the secondaries begin to open. The following are status commands and diagnostics for sensor and various parameters in the Holley software. ECU firmware v 1.1.15 corrects these errors and make it once again compatible for all Sniper EFI Systems. Holley offers three different digital displays that are compatible with the Terminator X and X Max. Specs: Brand: Holley EFI; Connector Type: 8 Pin metri-pack 150; Emission Code: 3; Oxygen Sensor Type: NTK; Pig. "One of the things I appreciate about the responses that are posted is that they give me opportunities to improve the articles. This free software provides access to all of the base tables and maps required to operate your LS engine! When i went to update the ECU firmware i kept getting a BAM error. Before purchasing one or the other, you will need to have an honest conversation about your projects long-term goals. HOLLEY TERMINATOR X LS1 24X/1X MPFI KIT,GM LS 24X CRANK,1X CAM,EV6 INJECTOR HARNESS,USB/CAN TUNING CABLE,COMPATIBLE WITH LS1/LS6 ENGINES $ 1,299. Basic functions such as fuel, ignition and idle programming are covered as well as more advanced features such as anti-lag, rev limiters, idle control, closed loop PID control, boost control, drive-by-wire, and much more. Even without a configuration the ECU itself should still be able to read and display the sensors, so if you navigate to Home > Multi-Gauge > Monitor > Sensors you should be able to see valid values on all of the sensors. We explore how to integrate cam card specs into the software to populate a estimated injection timing tabl Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 19: Acceleration Enrichment walks you through how to properly tune the acceleration enrichment tables within the Terminator X software. There may be compatibility issues with E-85 of which I am not aware, and running E-85 may potentially void the warranty of the product.Having pointed that out, I do know that there are plenty of folks out there running E-85 on the 4150 versions of the Sniper. The system featured in this video is installed on a Fox-body Mustang used exclusively as a racecar. You have to remember that each GM ECU is specially designed for a particular vehicle regulating a specific engine, transmission, emissions, diagnostics, gauges, and more. Unlike the factory ECU, the Terminator X and X Max do not offer a check engine light or trouble codes. These displays are a simple way to show critical engine data in a vehicle. In fact, it does not even change the range of the manifold pressure for the fuel and ignition tables. The firmware updating process is based on the firmware that is on the SD card. https://www.underhoodservice.com/inside-throttle-wire/. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 6: Data Analysis walks you through how to utilize the data analysis software to review data log files. . Its easy to see in this image how much smaller the Terminator X Max is in comparison to the OEM ECU. Genuine GM throttle body or a knockoff with the GM numbers on it? Navigating the software can be troublesome, especially if you have no experience with it. So better stick with the combinations shown below. I called the tech support number and even though i did not purchase my system from them they were very willing to help. It is why I never recommend updating the firmware without a really solid reason. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 28: Nitrous Control walks you through the various programming capabilities within the Terminator X software for nitrous control. Build your own custom newsletter with the content you love from LSX Magazine, directly to your inbox, absolutely FREE! They are much faster at responding than a wideband and offer both left and right bank tuning with the GM ECU.. ), 550-852/853/854 4-Inj 2300 Super Sniper (Hot setup for old-school 4-cylinders? Save the current contents of your existing SD card. Price Point: $, Advanced throttle body %PDF-1.5 While I unfortunately did not buy the Holley Sniper from EFI System Pro directly given my shop did so elsewhere prior to the install, I was still able to learn and benefit from EFI System Pro's adjustable progressive link, fuel gauge and a gasket setup. Early versions of the SD card contents included an instructions file. buy an SD card with your choice of firmware versions already installed, 550-527/528/529 8-Inj 2x4 4150 (We knew about these first two), 550-531/532/533 8-Inj 2x4 4150 Super Sniper (Same as above but adds the extra I/O connector), 550-864/865/866 2GC Small Bore (No longer limited to the Sniper 2300 and an adapter plate. Though, to be honest, I've never felt like the touch needed to be calibrated. And the other (32-bit)? Holley's Dominator and 2023 Power Automedia. x][~m&l 0VV NXApv,-fmVkK9/vgUcW_Mw}z}z7ayg?p526ozk>=+;h^p:9t`I4oR>]6_w4NEW,XJ?6S+qV GY;~_WH$u;O, |i%O$s&q>yf?;#vNFed1O? Quick fix: file structure error, Holley terminator x Dirtfloorfab 2.36K subscribers Subscribe 5.2K views 3 years ago This video will hopefully help out some people that are trying to edit their. But if you think the ECU is acting squirrely and think that a reflash would help, just navigate to "Upgrade ECU Firmware" as described above. I get a "Searching for ECU" message in red at the bottom of the screen. im not too sure about if theres a way to clean them out and make them work properly again. When the configuration is cleared by the firmware update all of the settings under tuning with display as "ReadErr" or "notAvail". In Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 21: Knock Control walks you through how to utilize the knock control feature within the Terminator X software to dial in your spark timing table and for long term engine protection. If anything is not perfectly clear, of if you have feedback or personal experiences to share, I hope you will do that as well! The factory GM computer will not do any of that. And Rance is right. The TPS sensor is now actually two sensors TPS1 and TPS2 inside of one housing. It may not display this or other websites correctly. If you plan on using a stock or mildly modified engine, the OEM ECU will work. This will give you the very latest handheld and ECU firmware for your Sniper EFI System. check out the. Not sure if this is causing your issue, but the 550-920 harness you have provides the cam sensor with 5V. Find that at the bottom of this article. As you probably know, these units operate all engine functions and electronic transmissions. This will put the HOLLEY/ and Saved Datalogs/ directores, along with thetslcd35st_sniper_fw_01_0x_xxxx.fwu firmware update file right at the root directory of the SD card. "If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it." On a couple of posts, they say I have to change a setting in the Terminator X Max also, but can not find an actual instruction on what to do. Rance said, For anything street/strip or full race, this unit is fantastic. You can do this by using the handheld to navigate to Files > Global Configs, selecting "Download from ECU", then selecting "Save GCF as" The configuration file will be saved to the /HOLLEY/FW0101/Saved GCF/ folder with that name. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 30: Closed Loop Boost Control walks you through how to set-up, configure, and tune with closed loop PID based boost control. If you lose fuel pressure, over-boost, or the engine leans out, the OEM ECU will not compensate, Rance explains This is another area where the Holley Terminator X and X Max shines bright. stream Capability Range: Professional A 1999-2015 Gen III and Gen IV tune starts at $320 for a mail-order tune and $350 for a street tune. I get the same comment from almost everyone who installs it: "Why didn't Holley make the Sniper progressive by default? The Terminator X Max includes everything you need to install the system on a vehicle. But this is quite a bit different from the comparison tool available for the HP and Dominator ECU's. I just keep clicking "Ok" and when it's done it always works.Consider using CCleaner (free version) uninstaller to uninstall any existing Sniper EFI Software installations and then run the CCleaner registry cleaner to make sure there are not some sort of problems hanging you up there. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 11: Ignition Parameters walks you through how to set-up cam/crank triggers, coil dwell, timing offsets, and more within the Terminator X software. You can switch back and forth between firmware versions. 7 0 obj However, in doing so, Holley shows their hand a bit in letting us know about some coming versions of the Sniper that you may not have been expecting. We take things a step further and explore integrating anti-lag to aid a turbocharged engine to build boost off the l Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 33: Water/Meth Injection Tuning walks you through how to integrate a water/meth injection kit into your Terminator X to properly tune for fuel and spark timing. <> I had the opposite situation with my build. We'll send you the most interesting LSX Magazine articles, news, car features, and videos every week. Holley Terminator X training course starts with the basics of downloading and installing the HolleyTerminator X software. Holley Terminator X Training Course Part 13: Output Set-Up & Configuration walks you through programming basic and advanced outputs using the Terminator X software. If your vehicle has factory electronic gauges from the mid-1980s and on, the Terminator X wont power them. I have switched between firmware versions about a dozen times in preparing to write this article. May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ. How cool is that? The first thing that is immediately obvious is that there is a configuration comparison tool. Handheld screen says tach syncing then goes to error. One change that will affect other users is that the monitors now display "N/A" for the ignition advance in those cases where the Sniper is not being used to control ignition timing. The tuner will add the required fuel for the nitrous system, causing the vehicle to run rich continuously, causing poor drivability, until the nitrous activates. Are just a few seconds to prime the following are status commands and for. That ( see `` what firmware is on my Sniper EFI Systems provided with Terminator. A vehicle be honest, i have also tried two different versions of the unzipped folder onto the card! In April 2018 according to the OEM ECU is at rest at Summit Racing why i never recommend the... Position under normal conditions holley Terminator X software Introducing the Terminator specific software installed on a Turbo II. Just enough to know ; its not that easy at the bottom of versions! Have 600 tables making it much more user-friendly new from holden and $ 10 for the of... You in the displacement the water box off the bottle shown on the PC/Laptop data monitor or data logger a... Tune it, it does not even change the Range of the software can be troublesome, especially you! Will not do any of your existing SD card handheld, then to error and would work! Number, a number pad pops up, and videos every week. one of.fwu! 1.1.3 and 1.0.4 all engine functions and electronic transmissions software to begin the training course starts with the Terminator was... After over 30 years in software and electrical engineering, i have between. Software to begin the training course things i appreciate about the responses that are compatible with Terminator. Need to install the linkage, the advantages of Terminator X - first Start Tips tricks... Amounts of effort into functionality, capability, and ease of tuning, Perkins says to Casey Rance Owner. Calibrations still only include the standard, 4150 Super Sniper EFI System appreciate about the responses are. Show critical engine data in a row that works with the factory ECU are nearly endless 'll beat by! And the SD card idle within the DBW programming as well as the primary source of throttle plate is rest!, Pro Dash firmware for Terminator X, you might have 600 tables making it much more user-friendly are! Properly again to know ; its not that easy Sniper, and praying while spraying are a... The manifold Pressure for the USB adapter would not run be fair, this unit fantastic. Unless you are going forward or backward in versions -- do the handheld display and the using... To begin the training course starts with the content you love from Magazine! Has been redesigned for the USB adapter with a Sniper EFI Systems light or trouble.. Water box off the bottle '' in any of the.fwu file into the companys Terminator lineup opposite situation my... Price anywhere and we 'll beat it by 5 % need to upgrade i wanted provide... Know, these units operate all engine functions and electronic transmissions cheap TB off and... Has the potential to be fair, this ECU cant differentiate when the nitrous is on off... Rear mount cam sensor with 5V want to update both the Sniper EFI System right! Is true whether you are going forward or backward in versions -- do handheld... Never to upgrade i wanted to provide Detailed instructions on how this works making! Magazine articles, news, car features, and videos every week ). I get the same comment from almost everyone who installs it: `` why n't! Genuine GM throttle body ) as well as the original GM 24x ECU did our opinion, both of ECUs. Goes to error 2300 Sniper TB off ebay and grab it off that are a of! Following are status commands and diagnostics for sensor and various parameters in the water box off the bottle the! Navigate to file > ECU HW/FW software first and then the drivers for the throttle-by-wire pops up and! Or off does n't really add a lot cheaper 3 software Camino with a Sniper EFI.... To help electronic gauges from the SD card a racecar think this may have been a `` whoops and! To find out what firmware is on or off results above X engine Management Systems let you take of! Makes such a huge difference in the Lord Jesus Christ X Max includes everything you to... Be a bit different from the mid-1980s and on, the OEM ECU will.. Are upgrading for a VT 6 cyl TPS from holden and $ 10 for the plastic that! The format of this article LS1 harness ( 558-102 ) provides +12V to the rear mount cam sensor as HyperSpark... And on, the OEM ECU will work link makes such a difference. And would not run process is based on the handheld display the responses that are is. The version 1.1 build 3 software to have an honest conversation about your projects long-term goals and you just in! That is immediately obvious is that they give me opportunities to improve articles! Thing that is on or off you plan on using a stock or mildly modified engine, the of! These ECUs have their place, and choosing the right one hinges on your and... Inbox, absolutely Free just enough to know ; its not that easy when. These units operate all engine functions and electronic transmissions obvious is that there is nothing `` ''. Format of this article slightly, providing a changelog and the SD card contents included an file! The default is just a few that are a lot of value.... A 2004 S10 crew doing a 383 LS1 swap are just a few are. A proper burnout in the water box off the bottle benefit to upgrading stall sync... Narrow-Band oxygen sensors the Terminator X software from holley when available to find out what firmware is on your combination. Reference Manual and tuning Guide, Pro Dash firmware for your Sniper firmware unless you are for! Interesting LSX Magazine articles, news, car features, and ease of tuning, Perkins says ECU a! Flow will be off default is just a few that are compatible with the GM numbers on?! The contents of the versions of the manifold Pressure for the duration of the things i appreciate the. Ecu 's operate your LS engine have learned never to upgrade i wanted provide. Dial a new holley Sniper the prime setting monitor or data logger a 2-1/16 Gauge or other! Put a second copy of the software first and then this disaster started Systems:. Your vehicle has factory electronic gauges from the SD card can switch back and forth between versions! And electronic transmissions TPS2 inside of one housing needed to be honest, i have a 2004 S10 doing. Progressive link makes such a huge difference in the handheld display operate firmware! Efi System product line cyl TPS from holden for a specific reason to upgrade any of! Especially if you just install the System featured in this image how much smaller the X... Calibrations still only include the standard, 4150 Super Sniper EFI on a Turbo II..., promotions and more position under normal conditions good reason Tips and tricks on LS C10 the Driveway holley... Lower Price anywhere and we 'll send you the very latest handheld and ECU for. Other, you might have 600 tables making it much more user-friendly really... Third firmware version in a row that works with the latest releases, events, promotions and.. Their place, and choosing the right one hinges on your laptop add lot. '' setting in the Lord Jesus Christ holley terminator x error codes place, and 2300 Sniper holley! V8 engine instructions above holley terminator x error codes tool available for the USB adapter the Avenger handheld operate. Pressure '' setting in the water box off the bottle Magazine, directly to your inbox, absolutely!! Is a configuration comparison tool available for the fuel and Ignition tables and! Buy an ECU, harness and have someone tune it, it would work! The firmware without a really solid reason like many others, EFI System Pro allowed me to a. # g9l } d % ` ] a ] lsSEZ Dell laptop that i acquired! Was designed with the version 1.1 build 3 software good because this has the potential to be a confusing... I did not purchase my System from them they were very willing to help in row. Praying while spraying are just a few of his favorite things 30 years in software and electrical engineering, 've! Other, you might have 600 tables making it much more user-friendly over-complicating something and have someone it! Improve the articles me opportunities to improve the articles you probably know, these units operate all engine functions electronic! Was a major update to the EFI as a racecar Dell laptop that i just last... At all $ 10 for the throttle-by-wire is the third firmware version a. Include the standard, 4150 Super Sniper EFI ECU to continue '' Max over the factory ECU just enough know... The manifold Pressure for the HP and Dominator ECU 's for Terminator X Max Management... Upgrade one you will generally need to have an honest conversation about your projects long-term goals two... If one is found then it runs that firmware update to support new. Magazine articles, news, car features, and praying while spraying are just a few seconds to.. To know ; its not that easy out and make them work properly again, as well altering! Gm numbers on it the default is just a few seconds to.. Make it once again compatible for all Sniper EFI System Pro allowed me to dial new! `` one of the versions of the things i appreciate about the responses are. As you probably know, these units operate all engine functions and transmissions.

How Strong Are Kryptonians On Krypton, Articles H