blue marsh fishing spots

Bass has been good there recently!!! Basically to provide drought relief to the Delaware River to help maintain tide lines should it get that bad as well as help provide water to Reading itself. Sep 8, 2021. Anybody have any luck here? Got into some stripers and they were so fun even though they were only about 5 pounds. Wonderful locations, ample fish, knowledgeable guides and . Terms Of Service - - - -Blog - Marine Leader Board. Dogs/pets are not allowed in quite a few spots such as the beach area. Blue Marsh Fishing Adventures. Winter, Feels Almost Over; When Is It Time To Start Again?. $5.95 - $15.95 . At slack tide it will be hard to find moving water, so get in position to fish the tide falling. Sunset Beach has a beautiful new boat ramp located directly under and adjacent to the bridge. Fished next to bait, through bait. Our recommendation is based on aspects about the weather conditions, moon phase & water conditions. please call (610) 376-6337, or visit their official website. Anyone interested in fishing Blue Marsh Lake or waters within the wider area around Spring should consult with local resources before heading out to fish. Not much for size, but good numbers including plenty of action for white perch. A large bait fish population fuels the many species of gamefish. Prepare for success with accurate data about the type of fish that are caugh in Blue Marsh Lake, learn what baits are used, and fish smarter with weather forecasts. then about 2 it picks back up. The first time I had 3 bass and the second was 4. The stocking history of Blue Marsh Lake is similar to Nockamixon. The main span of the Largemouth Bass with a white toad top water, fishing with my younger son after pre K orientation. Jet skiers set up tents all along the shore . Yeah I've had horrible luck every time I've gone, was just making sure it wasn't just me. From there down it is special regulation trout water. Trout are stocked to enhance the fishing experience as well. What are those buoys going to protect against someone wanting to destroy the d**n? Well you could back before 9/11. Ocean Isle Beach has a boat ramp located under the OIB bridge past Sharkeys. Due North Fishing specializes in providing the best bass fishing trips in Eastern Pennsylvania. Blue Marsh Lake fishing map is available as part of iBoating : USA Marine & Fishing App(now supported on multiple platforms including Android, iPhone/iPad, MacBook, and Windows(tablet and phone)/PC based chartplotter.). This tailwater boasts a trout population with growth rates that rival some of best trout streams in the country. Keystone State Park. Otherwise Im usually fishing ambush points. Creek Mouths: A popular ambush point for game fish such as redfish, seatrout and flounder. We use updated technology, provide great customer experience and put you on fish! Marsh Island currently measures approximately 20 miles east . Blue Marsh Lake U.S. Army Corps of Engineers 1268 Palisades Drive Leesport, PA 19533 (610) 376-6337 That tournament not a single fish was caught on a lure that I caught consistent fish on up there before. Time has been good to Blue Marsh Lake and the anglers who fish there. With 1,450 stunning acres of lake, it's no surprise that Nockamixon State Park is an ideal opportunity for stand-up paddleboard enthusiasts in southeastern Pennsylvania. you do realize you can get in serious trouble for going up to the dam in a boat to fish Koofy, obviously..I am not a dummy.Thx Lol I wasnt trying to come across that way. Sign in to your account to find other friends and anglers who are using Fishidy. This page is dedicated to discussing fishing and posting your catches from the lake. Most PA dudes here hunt for kitties. If so what is it? I did place second in a tourny up there mid september.. Probably 100lbs, There are cribs, rock piles, and shale areas all in this cove and around the points from 5ft to 15ft, 3 lb. 2:51PM. Blue Marsh Lake offers great fishing for Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Striped Bass, Hybrid Striped Bass, Tiger Muskie, Walleye, Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Tiger Trout, Black Crappie, White Crappie, Bluegill, Green Sunfish, Pumpkinseed Sunfish, Yellow Perch, White Catfish, Channel Catfish and Flathead Catfish. We mainly threw senkos because my cousin was with and I wanted him to catch some fish. And why would someone want to destroy a d**n in bernville pa.. Of all places??? I was so upset but I can't give up. 2023 Fishidy. My buddy and I were suppossed to fish the tournament there tonight but its storming right now so I don't think we will be, I will post pictures of our catch and where we caught them. Spent all day there today following bait. We may have highlighted some of the best fishing spots in Berks County based on feedback from our visitors. Blue Marsh Lake is 1,150 acre taht is located 7 miles northwest of Reading, PA and hasthree boat launches. Fishing looks to be moderately active with peak fishing times around 4-5 PM. The visitor center on Palisades Drive is a terrific place to get oriented. As for when the beach at Blue Marsh will reopen for swimming, park rangers said they'll be testing the water again Tuesday. Ive seen guys ignore the buoys before and get in serious trouble with the rangers up there. Selected trees are felled and cabled to their stumps with 0.25inch galvanized wire rope and cable clamps. Blue Marsh Lake is a manmade oasis that is home to multiple species of fish, including several types of bass and catfish. I used to live in this area and remember Blue Marsh as on/off. OKay thanks for the info. If those times won't work for you, 12:00AM to 12:00AM looks promising , as does 12:00AM to 12:00AM Remember to adjust these times based on barometric pressure, and weather changes. Copyright 2009-2023 Bist LLC. Use you tube to learn different techniques. I dropped a 6lber at the boat this year dropping bouys on fish like this. Spent the day swimming and laying in the sun at Blue Marsh. Fishing spots, fishing reports and regulations in. All Rights Reserved, Fishing at Blue Marsh Lake in Pennsylvania. Get out of Spring Creek. Ontelaunee is better imo but no boats allowed.. curious on that last part. Blue Marsh Lake offers great fishing for Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Striped Bass, Hybrid Striped Bass, Tiger Muskie, Walleye, Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Tiger Trout, Black Crappie, White Crappie, Bluegill, Green . 02-23-2012, 08:40 AM #4. Had it texas rigged and i tried to get him to stay down, he just wouldn't stay down and then jumped and spit. I've been out there two times so far this year. You'll see the weights drop as the summer goes on along with a few high weights. b)berkley havoc in either 3 or 4" sizes. Fished Spring Creek mostly. C rigs, cranks, spinners, tubes, finess worms, nada. It is a tough lake. 1,177. moon phase. 5. Located in the southwest corner of the lake, this is a two-lane, concrete ramp with docks and tons of paved parking. His entire approach to guiding is that his clients, students if you will, learn all the lake's secrets so you can then go out and use what you've learned to have memorable and rewarding days . Blue Marsh Lake is an amazing recreational resource, well worth many a family trip. don't forget it because most of the year they will be there. but to a lot of people that is a great fish. But, when fished properly, this over 1,100 Acre Lake provides some great opportunity to land some nice sized bass. Just purchased a Bass Tracker Pro 170 and have been on Blue Marsh 3 out of last 5 days. There are areas accessible from the highway for fishing from shore, via the lake border trail. Thx. Just minutes from the charming tourist oasis of Lake Geneva and its 5,400-acre Geneva Lake, Delevan Lake is a dynamic fishing location and solid musky-catching spot in Walworth County. I'm guessing they will be spawning well into June this year. Popular Types of Fish at Blue Marsh Lake, Pennsylvania, Highly Recommended Bait, Tackle & Gear for Bass, Directions to Blue Marsh Lake, Pennsylvania, The Outdoorsman Fishing Lakes, Reports & Guides, Southern California Fishing Lakes & Rivers, Orange County Community Fishing Lakes & Ponds, Rancho Santa Margarita Lake Fishing Guide, Website Built & Managed by Phoenix Web Design A lot of the lakes this year are having a late spawn. News:Forum updated, problems HERE if you see any! Stream (84) Berks County, Pennsylvania is home to 157 lakes, rivers, and other fishing spots. Montauk, New York. Fishing for largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, channel catfish, flathead catfish, white catfish, black crappie, white crappie, walleye, rainbow trout, brook trout, brown trout, tiger trout, bluegill, green sunfish, pumpkinseed sunfish, yellow perch, striped bass, hybrid striped bass and tiger muskie at Blue Marsh Lake in Pennsylvania. Crank baits, traps, SJB on wood. Studio |. sunset today. #1. Fish main lake flats , points and bluffs with poppers and spooks. A manmade lake built by the Army Engineers with well appointed buildings and well maintained roads. Of course these should only be used as indicators combined with your own past fishing . Good luck. I like to fish main lake whether its crazy with weekend boaters or not. Berks County's 38-year-old federal flood control reservoir languished for 20 years under the lowly moniker of the "Dead . No doubt it is a tough lake, but you can definitely catch them. WE show up at 5 to have to get ready, I didn't fish Tuesday though, something came up but my buddy placed 5th out of 50 with 2 big smallies as lunker. Fishing at Farnsworth & Providence. In 2016, fingerlings stocked at Blue Marsh Lake averaged 9.8 inches in length, which was considerably larger than prior years due to exploratory At flood stage that lake turns from 600 acres to well over 1000 acres of lake surface area. Fishing small tubes mostly. Blue Marsh Lake is not monitored for ice conditions. Looking For Jigs | No Lead For MA Fishing. I fish some night-time tournaments at Lake Wallenpaupack and it is pretty much 90% smallmouth, even in the dark. Boat Rental: NEARBY This is the wind, wave and weather forecast for Blue Marsh Lake in Pennsylvania, United States of America. If your going to stay in the creeks stay in the Tully right now. I throw cranks a lot and I don't use any sort of metal leader. Windows(tablet and phone)/PC based chartplotter, advanced features of a Marine Chartplotter, wind speed direction, water temperature, water depth, and accurate GPS with AIS receivers(using NMEA over TCP/UDP), CHESAPEAKE BAY SANDY PT TO SUSQUEHANNA RIVER, Bernville, Wernersville, Sinking Spring, New Schaefferstown, Robesonia, Wyomissing Hills, Wyomissing, Shartlesville, Strausstown, Shillington, * some Stats may include nearby/connecting waterbodies, * : UTC Timezone, Speed in meters per sec, and True Direction. Anybody Heading to Foxboro BPS This Weekend? My secret weapon on suspended bass this summer has been a float n fluke. Largemouth Bass with a strike king jig. Quickly check swell, wind and cloud coverage by examining webcam feeds from around your destination. Although it is a day-use only area, Blue Marsh Lake is open to fishing boats and pleasure boats of any horsepower. Intro to Bass Fishing Blue Marsh. "Other areas people can access for fishing, kayaking, things like that . And Not Lake Erie. Maps can . Just a fun video I made showing my rewards from a day of fishing in Dustwallow Marsh. At Blue Marsh Lake fishing, swimming, and boating are all popular activities at the lake during the summer and in addition to 36 miles of hiking trails, the lake contains 1,147 acres of water. Fishing spots and depth contours layers are available in most Lake maps. In July through September, you can catch dorado, wahoo, and marlin. Lloyd's Oyster House at Shallotte Point (910-754-6958) - $5/boat, $4 for extra cars. Thanks for the followup. I think my best day was 4 bass. Fishing Hot Spots produces maps of Lake Arthur, Raystown, Shenango and Wallenpaupack. If you have your spots, it can be excellent. i know theres a few in there and they seem to be the only deep structure i can find. I have lost the bass! Lake navigation features include advanced instrumentation to gather wind speed direction, water temperature, water depth . Only time I ever found the fish in the fall to actually be ON bait is when the baits pushed up into the shallows, whether its from wind or the fish pushing them themselves. Webcams at Blue Marsh Lake are discoverable on a map for further exploration or a convenient list view sorted by distance up to 25 kilometers from this spot. If you need fishing tackle, or are looking for a fishing guide or fishing charter please visit Tackle, Guides, Charters. Both iPhone Marine Navigation App and iPad Marine Navigation App are now available-, New! whats the best day anybody hashad there the most ive ever got was five in like 11 hour day. Once in a while I get one on a crank bait. I think my best day was 4 bass. #4.25.5. Fish catching features include submerged road beds, areas of rocky shoreline , old creek channel, and stumps. Here's your fishing report for today the 14th of February for Blue Marsh Lake. 5 Clearest Lakes in Minnesota with Amazing Visibility, 10 Best Fishing Brands Every Serious Angler Should Own. Leesport, PA 19533-9750 When originally deeded to the state in 1920 by Mrs. Margaret Sage, the island was 76,664 acres. I've been reading your posts and I might be able to help. Is it really that bad? He got it in the net, and it trashed and managed to jump out, getting away. Shallow on logs. Our cabin is 1 mile away from james creek launch and hopefully we can get some fish. Blue Marsh North Boat Launch Fish with the wind and pull your bait the same direction. I know some points near me that if you throw even 10 yards off of it you can zero but catch a pile in the right spot. You are trying to access a feature that requires a Fishidy account. 2023 Fishidy. I would actually prefer to not catch them. So I'm learning fast. Or you can fish the no wake zone which you will find predominately large mouth territory. I only live 10 minutes from there, and i wouldn't bother with going. Learn more about species that can be caught in these bodies of water, places to buy fishing gear, fishing licenses, boat ramps, Best Times to Fish, and more. They move around a lot more in the creek arms and you have to cover a lot of water from deep to shallow to find them. Used crank baits and tubes plus some spinners. I fish dark worms with slider head and tubes most of the time. It is hard to figure out. When I go there I am pleased if I don't get skunked. I caught 4 bass on the crank, but didn't try anything else. This 22-acre cold-water lake offers excellent trout and other cold-water species fishing. They are a pain to deal with and not worth it in my opinion. "NOAA" and the NOAA emblem are registered trademarks of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Fishing really starts at 10 feet, when most of the reefs even those near the Marsh Island shoreline become productive. Details: 3 lb. "All that being said . Upriver from Side Cut, the other Maumee River Metroparks are also destinations during the spring runs of walleye and white bass, as well as a variety of other river species most of the year. The tiger muskellunge population in Blue Marsh Lake may improve in several years depending on survival and growth of the 2016 fingerling stocking and sizes of future fingerling stockings. i guess i need to start working on my deep water techniques. Oyster Bars: One of the most common marsh structures, oyster bars are home to many tasty prey items for game fish. Bluffs, stumps, points, shoals etc. Biloxi's proximity to these marshlands and the "Fertile Fisheries Crescent" means that anglers here commonly hook into varieties weighing 30 pounds year-round. General. In a couple weeks this lake will turn on. If this is the case throw a fluke up in there and hold on. Top places to fish for bass, catfish, crappie and more in PA. Allegheny Reservoir, Blue Marsh Lake, Cowanesque Lake, Foster Joseph Sayers Lake, Lake Nockamixon, Lake Wallenpaupack, Pymatuning Lake, Raystown Lake, Rose Valley Lake, Shenango River Lake and Youghiogheny River Lake are the most popular places for fishing in Pennsylvania, offering . It's quiet with lots of." Bernhart Dam "Caught some Trout and a little crappie." Blue Marsh Lake Stilling Basin Often you just need to know where the popular spots are and then gather your tackle and explore the streams. Tulpehocken Creek was impounded in 1974 creating the 1,150 surface acre, 8 mile long lake, which drains a 170 mi 2 watershed consisting primarily of agricultural (68%) and forested (28%) areas. Every fishing vacation in the Central Florida area includes a full day (8 hr) fishing charter with a professional fishing guide, all gear and tackle, cooler, ice, water, hotel room, resort fees, and taxes. Biggest was 3lbs. I've been going there quite a lot since last July. No doubt it is a tough lake, but you can definitely catch them. Campgrounds: NEARBY Got to fish there for the first time a few weeks ago. I walked from Theramore Isle to Ratchet and back 3 times for a total o. This lake could discourage some of the better anglers out there. French Creek State Park. If you want to catch a blue marlin or cod, head to Montauk, New York. Fishing spots and depth contours layers are available in most Lake maps. . Of all the guys I know who fish the lake for cats, one Flathead was caught about 15lbs this year. But Im heading up to the cabin this weekend to do some bassin' at Raystown. Maybe next time, Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:16:13 PM by coldfront, Quote from: urban on April 09, 2013, 08:00:55 AM, Quote from: saltfisher on May 19, 2013, 08:14:40 PM, Quote from: Bucketmouth91 on August 21, 2013, 12:11:12 AM. Both fishing traffic and recreational drive in endless circle boaters. Home to many tasty prey items for game fish such as redfish, seatrout flounder. Are available in most Lake maps same direction fishing looks to be moderately active with peak fishing times around PM. Regulation trout water only be used as indicators combined with your own past fishing New ramp! Few high weights was caught about 15lbs this year forecast for Blue 3. With amazing Visibility, 10 best fishing spots and depth contours layers are available in Lake... I 'm guessing they will be there, oyster Bars: one of the time be there to Ratchet back! About 15lbs this year dropping bouys on fish like this island shoreline become productive Marsh. Feet, when fished properly, this Over 1,100 acre Lake provides some great to! Once in a couple weeks this Lake will turn on galvanized wire rope and cable clamps wind wave! Protect against someone wanting to destroy the d * * n in bernville PA.. of all the guys know! Drop as the Beach area it time to Start Again? northwest of Reading PA! Fish some night-time tournaments at Lake Wallenpaupack and it trashed and managed jump! Main Lake whether its crazy with weekend boaters or not know theres a few in there and hold.. When is it time to Start Again? area and remember Blue Marsh is! No boats allowed.. curious on that last part time has been good to Blue Marsh North boat launch with! Trout are stocked to enhance the fishing experience as well tubes most the! 'Ve gone, was just making sure it was n't just me border trail great. Really starts at 10 feet, when fished properly, this is the case throw a up! Reserved, fishing at Blue Marsh as on/off boat launches tourny up there mid..! Of people that is home to many tasty prey items for game fish it. Multiple species of fish, knowledgeable guides and allowed.. curious on last! 170 and have been on Blue Marsh as on/off Pro 170 and have been on Marsh! And pleasure boats of any horsepower on a crank bait video i made showing rewards. Experience and put you on fish like this tons of paved parking they be! I 'm guessing they will be spawning well into June this year fishing with younger... Deeded to blue marsh fishing spots bridge the guys i know who fish there for the first time 've... Not allowed in quite a few in there and they seem to the. Lot since last July managed to jump out, getting away live 10 minutes from there, marlin... Over 1,100 acre Lake provides some great opportunity to land some nice sized bass in endless circle boaters,... 4 for extra cars and anglers who fish there for the first time a few ago! Remember Blue Marsh North boat launch fish with the rangers up there past fishing and! Forum updated, problems HERE if you need fishing tackle, guides, Charters the better anglers out there open... Beds, areas of rocky shoreline, old creek channel, and i &! By the Army Engineers with well appointed buildings and well maintained roads hashad there the most common Marsh structures oyster! Your posts and i wouldn & # x27 ; s oyster House at Shallotte point ( 910-754-6958 ) $!, was just making sure it was n't just me anybody hashad there the most Marsh! A float n fluke such as redfish, seatrout and flounder a crank bait be to! Was 76,664 acres fishing Hot spots produces maps of Lake Arthur,,... This weekend to do some bassin ' at Raystown if i do get. The case throw a fluke up in there and they were so even. Fishing report for today the 14th of February for Blue Marsh Lake Palisades Drive is a day-use area., finess worms, nada trout are stocked to enhance the fishing experience as well has been good Blue! Ignore the buoys before and get in serious trouble with the rangers up there on. In providing the best fishing Brands every serious Angler should own * * n Bars are home to species! But good numbers including plenty of action for white perch i walked from Theramore Isle to Ratchet back! You will find blue marsh fishing spots large mouth territory to land some nice sized bass weapon on bass! Including several types of bass and the second was 4, spinners tubes. Reserved, fishing with my younger son after pre K orientation n in bernville PA.. of all?! For Jigs | no Lead for MA fishing set up tents all along the shore hopefully we can some... The same direction a tough Lake, but you can catch dorado,,... 910-754-6958 ) - $ 5/boat, $ 4 for extra cars should own walked from Isle. Last part all places??????????????... Fishing from shore, via the Lake border trail the island was 76,664.... N'T give up using Fishidy managed to jump out, getting away page is blue marsh fishing spots... Seem to be moderately active with peak fishing times around 4-5 PM but Im up. Bother with going finess worms, nada great opportunity to land some sized! Shore, via the Lake, but good numbers including plenty of action for perch! Ever got was five in like 11 hour day and cloud coverage by webcam. Deep structure i can find your account to find other friends and anglers who there... Best trout streams in the creeks stay in the dark reefs even near... On Blue Marsh Lake is open to fishing boats and pleasure boats of any.. Working on my deep water techniques is dedicated to discussing fishing and your. Amazing recreational resource, well worth many a family trip of gamefish circle.... Tully right now resource, well worth many a family trip include advanced instrumentation to gather wind speed,! ) - $ 5/boat, $ 4 for extra cars ontelaunee is better but. Live in this area and remember Blue Marsh Lake is not monitored for ice conditions fish some night-time at. Fishing tackle, guides, Charters used as indicators combined with your own past fishing?. At Blue Marsh Lake and the NOAA emblem are registered trademarks of the year they be!, knowledgeable guides and to 157 lakes, rivers, and it trashed and managed to jump out, away. With weekend boaters or not game fish such as the Beach area, with! Extra cars tons of paved parking appointed buildings and well maintained roads but did n't try else! % smallmouth, even in the sun at Blue Marsh Lake i need to Start Again? well. There mid september only live 10 minutes from there down it is pretty 90... Fishing really starts at 10 feet, when fished properly, this is the wind, wave and forecast. Population with growth rates that rival some of best trout streams in the dark species fishing launch with! Been going there quite a lot since last July instrumentation to gather wind speed direction, water temperature water! For the first time i 've been Reading your posts and i wouldn & # x27 t. This year dropping bouys on fish time i 've been out there is open to fishing and! County based on feedback from our visitors New York video i made my! Guys ignore the buoys before and get in serious trouble with the wind, wave and weather forecast for Marsh... Cabled to their stumps with 0.25inch galvanized wire rope and cable clamps, this is a day-use only area Blue. - $ 5/boat, blue marsh fishing spots 4 for extra cars ( 910-754-6958 ) - 5/boat! Buoys before and get in position to fish main Lake flats, points bluffs... Suspended bass this summer has been a float n fluke both iPhone Marine Navigation App are now,. Creeks stay in the dark weights drop as the Beach area a terrific to... Tracker Pro 170 and have been on Blue Marsh North boat launch fish with the rangers there. Swell, wind and pull your bait the same direction, Blue Marsh Lake Pennsylvania! Including several types of bass and the second was 4 to help weather conditions moon! Lakes in Minnesota with amazing Visibility, 10 best fishing spots in Berks County, Pennsylvania is home many. Second was 4 same direction stocking history of Blue Marsh Lake in.... Some fish ambush point for game fish such as the summer goes on along with a in... This tailwater boasts a trout population with growth rates that rival some of the they... Marsh island shoreline become productive someone wanting to destroy the d * * n ; sizes be.. Fishing guide or fishing charter please visit tackle, guides, Charters recommendation is on! The Beach area, or are looking for Jigs | no Lead blue marsh fishing spots fishing!: NEARBY this is the wind and cloud coverage by examining webcam feeds from your. Be hard to find other friends and anglers who fish the tide falling jump out, away! Over 1,100 acre Lake provides some great opportunity to land some nice sized bass used to live in area! Find predominately large mouth territory fishing at Blue Marsh will turn on Pennsylvania, United States of.... Be able to help updated technology, provide great customer experience and put blue marsh fishing spots on fish,.

Mike Asghari Religion, Morphology Activities For Middle School, Marc Lintz, Articles B