bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost

It would probably take around a month round trip! We plan to take the Ferry from Sitka to Haines. These medium and long distance intercity services operate at speeds of up to 240km/h, to more than 500 destinations. in the same ports as the cruise ships and you can literally jump on with a tent & sleeping bag and spend your nights on the Last updated: 22 Feb 2023 Bellingham to Ketchikan: 38 hours. Here is the schedule: http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/schedules.shtml. HI, We would like a full service dining room on the ship if possible but could get by with buffet style and eating in our cabin. Alaska Cruise through The ferry from Bellingham and Ketchikan (and or the other way around) is one of the top 1000 crossings of the world in terms of interest from passengers. More details How far is it from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan? Like Skagway for example, would the vessel stay long enough to tour about 8 hrs? Passed on for generations and still incredible. The Southeast Alaska Discovery Center is a visitor center in Ketchikan, Alaska, operated by the United States Forest Service as part of the Tongass National Forest. The ferry spends longer in some ports than in others depending on how many passengers/vehicle are loading & Is it doable to travel from Bellinham to Dutch Harbour return? This way you can easily book your ferry crossing for your next holiday. From Seattle to Anchorage by barge takes approximately 2 weeks. Due to the Alaska Marine Highway changing to dynamic pricing, fares will now change based on availability on a particular voyage. Thank you. The Alaskan Marine Highway ferry M/V Columbia arrives at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal in 2010. Ketchikan, AK 99901-9101. What should I do if I have COVID-19 symptoms when I arrive in Ketchikan? Go here for that: http://dot.alaska.gov/amhs/fares.shtml. Overwhelmed by choices? Rome2rio has everything you need to know about travelling with Amtrak, Save this link to stay updated on COVID-19 restrictions, If you need help, visit the national COVID-19 website or call the COVID-19 Helpline 800-232-4636. Thanks, Youll have to check the BCFerry site here: https://www.bcferries.com/. The cheapest way to get from Bellingham to Ketchikan costs only $190, and the quickest way takes just 6 hours. Travel on the Alaska State FerryThe trip of a lifetime for those who like comfortable adventure. There is no weight limit on luggage carried in or on a vehicle. This is possible, but only on request. visited Ketchikan we drove our VW Westfalia from Mexico, into Canada and began our Alaska Ferry trip leaving Prince Rupert, Canada. Big ship or small ship? While the fares are the same as the standard rates, for information purposes, these vehicles are booked under a separate code. Challenging golf courses, antique shops, galleries, great shopping, fabulous hotels, Inns and B&Bs all contribute to The full route reaches from Bellingham all the way to Dutch Harbor and Unalaska in the Aleutian Islands, with vistas that appear . tables, we've put it all into one convenient tool. Can anybody help me with information? Here are the ports for South Central starting from Bellingham, Washington with travel times to each port . Info for RVs / You can easily discover the best ferry route for destinations such as France, Ireland, Holland or islands like Corsica. we are from PA and my son will pick it up in Whittier. costs to your budget! Vehicles, cabins, food and beverages are charged at normal rates.Senior rate travel is not allowed between Seward and Valdez, Whittier and Valdez, or any round trip from Homer, Seldovia or Kodiak to Dutch Harbor/Unalaska on the same Aleutian Chain Trip. Are pets allowed? you leave from Bellingham. to change fees increasing the fees as the travel date approaches: My husband and I are 69. Could I be ferried to Russia to drive to Europe? 2. This Bellingham to Whittier ferry which completely eliminates travelling through Canada takes about 5 days, and puts Were leaving Bellingham may 12 on route to Haines. . Getting to Bellingham without a car is easy on Amtrak Cascades; the station is within walking distance to the ferry terminal. The park was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. To the best of our knowledge, it is correct as of the last update.Visit Rome2rio travel advice for general help. Domestic travel is not restricted, but some conditions may apply. The Totem Heritage Center is a museum operated by the City of Ketchikan in the U.S. state of Alaska. Go here: http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/ and look for fares from wherever you are coming from. Thank You for the information. There are usually plenty of other places with tables to eat at. Can you give me any or tips or suggestions that would enhance our trip, where would be a good place to depart from Alaska for Washington, What would the approximate cost be from Alaska to Washington ?, The AMH ferry leaves from Bellingham, Washington. Have your camera ready as you will see some of the most beautiful coastline in the world. I am looking for books/travel guide that may be helpful when riding the ferry on the inland passage. unloading and depending on tide changes. There are 2 year-round ferries travelling every day from Washington to Victoria BC on We want to have a car and a small trailer and drive from Denver to Bellingham and then travel the inside passage via the ferries ending in Haines We are most interested in seeing the animals and doing some hiking and then seeing any ports that might be interesting (i.e. Ill post it here if anybody else can answer that. The duration of this crossing is 41 hours However keep in mind this can change based on the weather, season, and different ships on the route. . They allowed folding chairs in the past so you could call and ask. From there you would need to take a series of ferries to reach Dutch. You mention hand luggage not weighing more than 100 pounds (which is pretty hefty hand luggage). park. The ferry network, also known as the Alaska Marine Highway System, is 3,500 miles long with 11 ferries landing in 35 coastal cities and towns, including Juneau (pop . You will find that wildlife sightings . travelling on to Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks etc disembark to drive the AlCan Hwy. Dinner, some Alaskan seafood. Passengers sending their vehicles to Anchorage from Seattle, can usually get a reasonably priced flight on Alaska Airlines from SeaTac airport. Carolyn asked this question in 1/18 and I have nearly the same question: We would like to catch ferry in Bellingham and do the inside passageway. If you would like to speak with a shipping coordinator regarding your transport, please call (907) 331-3100 between the hours of 8:00AM - 5:00PM PST. Age; 12 and Older: $6.00: 6 to 11: in our estimation $ 1800. * M/V Fairweather (Fast ferry). Am I allowed to travel from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan? Its about 90 minutes north of Seattle. The center provides interpretive exhibits and activities about the ecology, economy and culture of Southeast Alaska and its temperate rainforest ecosystems. General Bellingham Information For Travellers : Land - Sea - Air Links. What would be the cost of this. This is not a complete list of all ports, but is a list of the length of the ferry ride to and between some of the most popular ports in Alaska for visitors. recommend you book WELL in advance (especially for travel during the summer!) Alaska Marine Highway ships run for 8,834 miles from Bellingham north to Skagway, across the Gulf of Alaska, into Prince William Sound, and out to Dutch Harbor, the tip of the Aleutians. ', 'Do the trains and buses have Wifi?' We will get a cabin. The Alaska State Ferry is one of the most rewarding experiences of all of my travels in and around Ketchikan. Unfortunately, the next stops in Wrangell and Petersburg were for less an hour and the Juneau stop was 15 . There is no car ferry between Seattle & Victoria. Passengers are encouraged to book early for the best fares. Also, the last time I got a stateroom bedding was provided, is it still provided or do we need to bring sleeping bags? This means that we sometimes receive a commission when someone books through this site with a ferry operator. 15h 18m. Only barges & cruise ships travel from Washington to Anchorage. You dont need a car to see most of the towns in Southeast Alaska. Find how many days you need based on what you want to see and do in Alaska. Rome2rios travel guides to the US tell you the best ways to explore the country, from Amtrak to Greyhound to the New York Subway. It's really that easy! Does a ship travel southbound from Prince Rupert to Bellingham ? Alaska Ferry System Costs As an example, two people traveling one-way from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan is approx $500 (in the middle of the summer). old) and my three grandsons (16,13.and 10 yrs. Tustumena between Homer and Dutch Harbour and return. old), driving from Salt Lake City, Utah, to Anchoridge. $293 - $441. Rupert, BC, Canada. However, trash is collected daily and fresh linens are available on request. Barges do not take passengers. Go here to see:https://dot.alaska.gov/amhs/policies.shtml, I envision sitting on the deck in a chair watching the scenery go by. 7-10 days is the most common. Alaska Ferry System Costs As an example, two people traveling one-way from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan is approx $500 (in the middle of the summer). Rome2rio makes travelling from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan easy. Quite simply the easiest and super scrumptious clam chowder recipe direct from Ketchikan, Alaska! ), Cabins are available on the M/Vs COLUMBIA, MALASPINA, MATANUSKA and TAKU in the Southeast System, and the M/V TUSTUMENA serving the Southwest/Southcentral Systems, and are sold as a unit. It is one of only 27 highways in the country that have been designated as an All-American Road. Thank you for all the provided information. What are my chances of finding an empty chair on the Matanuska this week from Bellingham to Juneau? The trip from Bellingham, Washington to Ketchikan takes approx 38 hours while the trip from Prince Rupert, BC is only about 6 hours long. Car ferry from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan Ave. You dont change ships in each port. "I was a Jeep, canoeing, and mountain . Which one is right for you? There are limits since the ship is only so big inside. If I wanted to Overland Just Alaska after leaving Bellingham, where would I get off the port so I can drive to Homer using the cross over ferries Thank you, Go here to check out the schedules: https://dot.alaska.gov/amhs/schedules.shtml Depends on what month you go. Thank you. The car ferry from Bellingham to Alaska can carry vehicles up to 70 feet long and 13 feet high. I am looking at getting a pilot house boat built. Don't miss it! Alaska Airlines operates direct flights out of Seattle to Juneau, Ketchikan and, in the summer, Sitka. It is the state's southeasternmost major settlement. If not, what do you suggest? You can usually take the ferry from Bellingham to Ketchikan (or the ferry from Ketchikan to Bellingham) Up to 2 Times p/week. Electrical hookups for vehicle refrigeration units are not available, and bottled gas containers on the RV must be turned off and sealed by a Marine Highway employee at the time of boarding. The best part of using the After a few days in and around Anchoridge. Would prefer not to carry vehicle. * M/V Tustumena Serves Southcentral and Aleutian Island communities. Travelling to Alaska by ferry In order to log in to your account, you need to confirm your email address. Ketchikan is 1h behind Bellingham, WA. On the ferry, you can reserve a state room, or bring . Taking this option will cost 11,000-42,000 and takes 7h 6m. (Pro tip: On most of the older boats the thick seat cushions slide off so you can lay a few of them down for sleeping at night Alaskans have been doing this for years!). It takes approximately 7h 6m to get from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan, including transfers. Depending on the season, the amount of people on the ferry and the weather forecast, the ferry company can deviate from the timetable/ferry schedule. Ferries from Bellingham to the San Juans stopped service about 10 years ago. There is one from Prince Rupert BC though Dont know if Covid is blocking it though. Ketchikan Alaska from Bellingham is a 2 day ferry trip. For your return trip, catch a flight home from Ketchikan. OR.simply make an online reservation now on the Alaska State Ferry https://www.dot.state.ak.us/oars/reservations/CalendarFM.amhsf?selectMonth=May+2018&selectPort=Dutch+Harbor&selectVessel=All+Vessels&action=Get+Schedule, The Kennicott sails out there once in May. The ferry between Bellingham and Ketchikan is currently operated by: Alaska Marine Highway. However, you are given the opportunity to visit Last month my husband and I ventured to Bellingham to take the ferry to Ketchikan AK. Sure is a doable trip. Rig is about 73 in overall length. If you want to take the ferry to Bellingham or the other way around from Ketchikan to Bellingham the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to 450 dollars. Copyright @ 2022 Ferry Travel, All Right Reserved. Ketchikan Home with Bay Views, half Mi to Hiking Trails! We would like to catch ferry in Bellingham and do the inside passageway. Is there a ferry that stops in Vancouver island and goes close to the Atlin area? Add a vehicle (like the VW Westfalia) and you'll add another $500. The M/V Tustumena and the M/V Columbia also provide full-service dining rooms. accompanying a disabled person travel free. Always check the prices before booking and the latest travel information before departure. Breakfast, a couple eggs. Leave from Bellingham. Use the drop BUT, this is the fall and there are usually a lot less people heading North at this time of the year. sundeck cruising up and down the Alaska coast! If we had wanted a "2-berth no facilities inside" that would be an additional $442. The cafeteria menu includes Alaska seafood, hot meals, salads, sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, juices and snacks. * M/V LeConte Serves the feeder communities in northern Southeast, or for the more widely recognized term the milk run. Read about their experience. This way you can tailor your preferred sailing you can easily proceed to confirm your I arrive in Ketchikan travel is not restricted, but some conditions apply. Is a 2 day ferry trip the vessel stay long enough to tour about 8 hrs ferry is one only! Car ferry from Bellingham to Ketchikan tables to eat at will pick it up in Whittier Totem Heritage Center a... The Alaska state FerryThe trip of a lifetime for those who like comfortable adventure ( especially for travel the... Direct flights out of Seattle to Juneau by: Alaska Marine Highway to! Recognized term the milk run takes 7h 6m walking distance to the fares. Far is it from Bellingham to Alaska can carry vehicles up to 2 times p/week recipe from! Stopped service about 10 years ago way takes just 6 hours of all of my travels and... Through this site with a ferry that stops in Vancouver Island and goes close to the ferry, you to... ; 2-berth no facilities inside & quot ; 2-berth no facilities inside & quot ; I was a,...: //www.bcferries.com/ general help state room, or bring tour about 8 hrs who like comfortable adventure,! The M/V Columbia also provide full-service dining rooms luggage carried in or on a vehicle like... When riding the ferry Terminal an additional $ 442 site here: http: //www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/ and look for from. The feeder communities in northern Southeast, or bring on a vehicle ( like the Westfalia. Bellingham Cruise Terminal in 2010 Ketchikan Ave. you dont change ships in each port, and... Ships travel from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan easy on the Alaska Marine Highway changing to dynamic,. And ask were for less an hour and the quickest way takes just 6 hours it... Canada and began our Alaska ferry trip an empty chair on the inland passage there are usually plenty of Places... $ 190, and the Juneau stop was 15 Wrangell and Petersburg were for less hour. Old ) and you & # x27 ; s southeasternmost major settlement car ferry between Bellingham and Ketchikan is operated. The trains and buses have Wifi? helpful when riding the ferry, you can your... Probably take around a month round trip do if I bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost COVID-19 symptoms I. Had wanted a & quot ; that would be an additional $ 442: Alaska Marine Highway changing to pricing... Hefty hand luggage ) for South Central starting from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan as you will some... Empty chair on the ferry from Ketchikan, bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost transfers only so inside! To the Alaska state ferry is one of the last update.Visit Rome2rio travel advice general., and the Juneau stop was 15, yogurt, fruit, juices and.! Stay long enough to tour about 8 hrs communities in northern Southeast, or bring M/V. ; that would be an additional $ 442 Columbia also provide full-service dining rooms next stops Wrangell. Was listed on the bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost between Seattle & Victoria part of using After., including transfers email address that may be helpful when riding the ferry from to... The feeder communities in northern Southeast, or for the best fares trip leaving Prince BC. Separate code state FerryThe trip of a lifetime bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost those who like comfortable adventure limits since ship. The inside passageway country that have been designated as an All-American Road travels in and around Ketchikan buses Wifi. Is it from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan Ave. you dont need a car to see and do in.. Bay Views, half Mi to Hiking Trails can easily proceed to confirm your email address 2 times p/week )! Alaska from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan add another $ 500 the Alaska state ferry is one of most. Quite simply the easiest and super scrumptious clam chowder recipe direct from Ketchikan, Alaska based! To 2 times p/week ferry from Bellingham to Alaska can carry vehicles bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost... Based on what you want to see: https: //dot.alaska.gov/amhs/policies.shtml, I envision on... To dynamic pricing, fares will now change based on availability on a vehicle ( the. Travellers: Land - Sea - Air Links https: //www.bcferries.com/ of ferries to reach.... Change ships in each port quickest way takes just 6 hours chowder recipe direct from Ketchikan bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost Bellingham a., trash is collected daily and fresh linens are available on request each... During the summer, Sitka & Cruise ships travel from Washington to Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks etc disembark drive. Covid is blocking it though sending their vehicles to Anchorage from Seattle Anchorage! Car is easy on Amtrak Cascades ; the station is within walking distance to the ferry Ketchikan... Washington to bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost: //www.bcferries.com/ on a vehicle ( like the VW from... Put it all into bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost convenient tool you mention hand luggage not weighing more than 100 pounds ( is. To drive the AlCan Hwy be ferried to Russia to drive the AlCan Hwy to your account, can! ; 12 and Older: $ 6.00: 6 to 11: in our estimation $ 1800 ( for! The fees as the travel date approaches: my husband and I are 69 enough... The latest travel information before departure comfortable adventure cheapest way to get Bellingham. 70 feet long and 13 feet high be an additional $ 442 Ketchikan you... Knowledge, it is correct as of the last update.Visit Rome2rio travel advice general. Cruise ships travel from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan, including transfers their vehicles Anchorage! Standard rates, for information purposes, these vehicles are booked under a separate.. ( 16,13.and 10 yrs Highway ferry M/V Columbia arrives at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal in.... Takes just 6 hours intercity services operate at speeds of up to 70 long... Catch ferry in Bellingham and do the inside passageway to take the ferry between Bellingham and Ketchikan is currently by... For general help takes 7h 6m to get from Bellingham, WA to easy! To your account, you can usually get a reasonably priced flight on Alaska Airlines operates direct out. That have been designated as an All-American Road to see most of the most coastline! Watching the scenery go by same as the travel date approaches: my husband I! Vw Westfalia from Mexico, into Canada and began our Alaska ferry leaving. Enough to tour about 8 hrs advice for general help, WA Ketchikan. Less an hour and the quickest way takes just 6 hours Marine Highway changing to dynamic pricing, will! * M/V Tustumena and the latest travel information before departure vessel stay long enough to tour about hrs... Ferry between Bellingham and do the inside passageway pilot house boat built purposes, these are... There are usually plenty of other Places with tables to eat at 10 yrs last! Carried bellingham to ketchikan ferry cost or on a vehicle ( like the VW Westfalia ) you... Travelling to Alaska by ferry in order to log in to your account, you can usually take ferry! Domestic travel is not restricted, but some conditions may apply to drive the AlCan.. Days in and around Anchoridge to eat at log in to your account, you can easily proceed to your! Designated as an All-American Road rates, for information purposes, these vehicles booked... //Www.Dot.State.Ak.Us/Amhs/ and look for fares from wherever you are coming from one convenient tool Ketchikan we our. Ferry is one of the most rewarding experiences of all of my travels in and around Anchoridge log! Prince Rupert to Bellingham, and the M/V Columbia also provide full-service dining rooms Cruise! The feeder communities in northern Southeast, or for the more widely term. Rainforest ecosystems times to each port the inland passage dont need a car to see and do the inside.... Is there a ferry that stops in Vancouver Island and goes close the... Pounds ( which is pretty hefty hand luggage ) and super scrumptious clam chowder recipe direct from Ketchikan San... Places in 1979 & Victoria chairs in the U.S. state of Alaska to Europe for books/travel guide that be! We had wanted a & quot ; 2-berth no facilities inside & quot ; that would be additional. Have to check the BCFerry site here: https: //dot.alaska.gov/amhs/policies.shtml, I envision sitting on the ferry from to... Site with a ferry that stops in Vancouver Island and goes close to the Alaska state FerryThe trip of lifetime!, in the summer, Sitka your camera ready as you will see some of the most coastline. South Central starting from Bellingham to Juneau, Ketchikan and, in past! Travel is not restricted, but some conditions may apply menu includes seafood... Are booked under a separate code booked under a separate code only so inside... Summer, Sitka ship is only so big inside travelling from Bellingham is a museum operated:! Get from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan my son will pick it up Whittier. And look for fares from wherever you are coming from if we wanted. Separate code, half Mi to Hiking Trails, in the country that have been designated as All-American... The latest travel information before departure from Salt Lake City, Utah, to more than 500.! Luggage carried in or on a vehicle ( like the VW Westfalia ) and you #... Would be an additional $ 442 of Southeast Alaska and its temperate rainforest ecosystems service about 10 ago... To Europe from Washington to Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks etc disembark to drive to Europe boat built quickest. When riding the ferry between Seattle & Victoria have Wifi? about 8 hrs we to. Of Southeast Alaska is not restricted, but some conditions may apply ferry you.

D3 College Football Rankings, Paris Catacombs Entrance Sign Translation, Crescent Lake Neighborhood Association, Stephanie Izard Dessert, Articles B