7mm rem mag ballistics chart 1000 yards

But wait, there's more. The 7mm Rem Mag is available from 139-175 grains, while the .300 Win Mag is available anywhere from 15-230 grains. Wonderful! Haha your fan from Algeria. Don't just buy a rifle, invest in a complete solution that will maximize the potential of your Proof Research rifle. Sight in and validated out to 1000 yards: The rifle is sited in and shot out at distance to ensure functionality of the turret and verification of all associated data. I used CCI large magnum rifle primers, and lovingly caressed each bullet before sending it on the ride of its life. The recoil of the 7mm PRC produces 27.7 ft-lbs of energy at a recoil velocity of 14.1 fps. Im hunting with this cartridge with 145 gr TTSX on red stags till 250 kg untill 300 m: The Extreme Spread (ES) of our velocity is usually under 10 fps and Standard Deviations (SD) is usually around 3-5 fps. [emailprotected]. Youtube is full of those videos. I have two bags of W-W virgin brass and enough multi-fired brass to last me the rest of my life. Input your hunting conditions to see the drop, drift, bullet trajectory, velocity, and energy in easy-to-read ballistics charts and graphs. At the moment of truth, if you arent sure you will make a good shot, dont squeeze the trigger. 7mm Remington: SP: 203: 2447: 2330: 7mm Remington Great info on load data. However, hunters who choose to use gear that does not meet this standard are often forced to either make an unethical shot or to pass up shot opportunities when the elk isnt turned the right way. The 7mm PRC was approved by SAAMI on June 7, 2022 and the public introduction was released on June 16, 2022. Winchester Ballistics Calculator. Do you plan to hit every animal with a rangefinder? .460 Steyr .416 Barrett .408 Cheytac .375 Chetac etc. If ya do you might blow your face off. Looking forward to seeing what the 7mm PRC can do by comparison. They should also understand their own limitations. Very impressive ballistics. If the 7 PRC has significantly more recoil (which your chart has it showing about 25% more) then I dont know that 280AI will be greatly affected for hunters. This is averaging several different loads to get these numbers for each cartridge, so we can compare apples-to-apples, but youre right that with ALL cartridges you could go up or down slightly depending on the load selection. Great video and Ive been following and hoping that a 7 PRC would come for years now. The 2 trajectory charts below show the flight of the 7mm Rem Mag over a 500 yard shot, and the 2nd of the 2 compares the 7mm Rem Mag with the 270 Win, the 30-30, and the 30-06 using Winchester Silvertip bullets. The amount of wind deflection is basically determined by how large the drag forces are and how long those forces act on the bullet. on steroids. So, you definitely need a long-range bullet for most longer shots. In fact, Aaron Davidson, CEO of Gunwerks, jokingly said that the new 7PRC is the 7LRM. Mountan goat taken by the author at 575 yards with a 15 mile per hour crosswind. is beginning to assert its trajectory superiority here with a 5-inch advantage over the .270 Win. Trying to decide between the new hot rod 7prc and the old standby (perfect) .280Ackley. I actually found RCBS to have the dies. These guys have 7mm rem mags taking elk at 900+ yards. I think too many hunters see muzzle velocity and assume if its fast, itll work long range, and thats not true at all. Check out bestofthewest.com or longrangepursuit.com. Count me in as a 7mm STW shooter. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. I really enjoy your videos, I like that you say your truth about the products you review. Thank you. Obviously, the 7mm Rem Mag isnt going to just vanish in the next 10 years. Building a rifle with no reloading data and no established manufacturing was a challenge, but now you can easily get a rifle rebarreled for 7 PRC. 1998 - Present. Great article Jim. I'd throw a link in, but i don't know how from an iPhone. The Barnes bullet loses velocity at twice the rate of the VLD! The 7 PRC has very slightly less case capacity than the 7mm Remington Magnum, but also has a twist rate and neck length capable of shooting much heavier bullets than are common in a 7 Mag. Sample Trajectory showing the bullet path crossing the line of sight.Because gravity causes the bullet to drop, the longer a bullet takes to reach its target, the more time gravity will have to pull it towards the earth. You have to find the right balance of weight and aerodynamics. Backfire was the first publication to put together a 7 PRC as soon as the SAAMI specs for the cartridge were released. In the 1960's Remington created the 7mm Remington Magnum based of the 375 H&H cartridge design. The numbers arent much better and the only pro I see is getting decent numbers with a shorter barrel. The illustration in Figure 3 was reproduced from Harold Vaughn's excellent book Rifle Accuracy Facts, and shows how a bullet reacts, and the drag forces that cause wind deflection. PBB will just thread the end in a typical 5/824 pattern and then youll use a direct thread suppressor like a Dead Air Nomad. We don't need to do math, we'll just use one of the many ballistics programs that are availableif you are interested, try the free online program I put together atwww.gseven.com. Hopefully more options than what the 6.8 Western. Good day mate Im a subscriber to your youtube channel, Ive watched you one program were you showed us the 7mm PRC and i fell in love instantly. These are Altitude (basically, Pressure), and Air Temperature. Use this ballistic calculator in order to calculate the flight path of a bullet given the shooting parameters that meet your conditions. This is more energy than some other centerfire cartridges at the muzzle! You might be able to measure with a data meter the speed and direction at your location, but the wind is very likely doing something entirely different at mid-range, or at the target. Personally my mind goes towards hot rodding medium-to-heavy-for-caliber monos in the 150-175 grain range at 3200 -> 3000+ for long range expansion on game. As long as its a standard long-action, you should be just fine putting a 7 PRC barrel on it. Altitude: 0 Feet with a Standard Atmospheric Model. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. It's like these other guys said, if you throw a small rock it goes really fast, but not very far. Heres a link to it. I did chamber a 7mm Blaser some years back, the 7mm PRC seems to me a very much balanced cartridge coming from the 78gn capacity and based on the Ruger cartridge, look to be efficient for loading 160gn bullets to 2900-3000ft/s. All three are excellent choices for long-range hunting ammo.. Hey Jim, thanks for all the great content. Using this as a reference, let's examine several other factors that can effect our shot placement. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 7mm Remington Magnum ~ 150 Grain ~ Trajectory Chart. This September I was able to hunt mountain goats with Beaver Foot Outfitters in British Columbia. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. If you own a 7mm Rem Mag, its easy to produce 7mm Rem Mag Ballistics reports using Shoot! If it performs like my 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC, Im guessing it will be a winner too. I keep watching to see everyones long term thoughts and hunting performance. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 7mm Remington Magnum-Norma Plastic Point, 7mm Remington Magnum-Remington Core-Lokt Pointed Soft Point, Boat Tail, 7mm Remington Magnum-Norma Oryx, 7mm Remington Magnum-Hornady BTSP InterLock, 7mm Remington Magnum-Norma Vulcan HP, 7mm Remington Magnum-Federal Barnes Triple Shock X-Bullet, 7mm Remington Magnum-Hornady SST w/Moly InterLock, 7mm Remington Magnum-Nosler Partition, 7mm Remington Magnum-Black Hills Hornady A-MAX, 7mm Remington Magnum-Black Hills Barnes Triple Shock, 7mm Remington Magnum-Winchester AccuBond CT, 7mm Remington Magnum-Federal Nosler Partition, 7mm Remington Magnum-Federal Barnes Triple-Shock X-Bullet, 7mm Remington Magnum-Norma Swift Scirocco, 7mm Remington Magnum-Winchester Ballistic Silvertip. The best way to think about this round is as an updated version of the venerable 7mm Rem. Thank you for all the proactive information gathering youve done for the community. Thanks again for the info. These guys have 7mm rem mags taking elk at 900+ yards. Ok ya that makes sense. I personally worked up my load using the 150gr Hornady CX bullet, but now Hornady has announced a new 160gr CX bullet with a much higher BC and only one band instead of the two bands on the 150gr CX. Quick question the 7mm rem mag recoil is listed below the 7saum and 6.8 western in this table. Im not sure that muzzle velocity would have helped this discussion, though. Load development: This process includes the fine tuning of bullet seating depth and powder charge in order to achieve the best precision possible for the rifle. I always run a suppressor would like to see 20 with suppressor vs 24 with break. Its a direct thread. The pistol bullet will slow down much faster, see Figure 2. Examine the velocity graph generated by Shoot! So far, my favorite powder for reloading the 7 PRC is H4831SC using standard large rifle primers. Will be interested in seeing which manufacturers chamber this round. Obviously, there are many technical differences between the two, but they do fill a nearly identical hole in the market. Those shooters could use the information that Hornady is providing herein Theres always another hunt. Jim, Im wondering why you did not include the Winchester 284, in your comparative with the lineup. Or wait and hope it stops for a few seconds. tells us to sight-in this load to shoot 2.37 inches high at 100 yards for a 255 yard zero. it works. Now that hunting season is over would love to see some load testing out of your 20 inch barrel. I use a Griffin ultra-light 30 cal suppressor and in all of my rifles I average around a 60 FPS velosity gain over a brake. Obviously there are always going to variances within rifle cartridges and bullet construction. Thread starter redneck watchdog; Start date Dec 8, 2011; Help Support Long Range Hunting Forum Become a supporting member. Look up bergerbullets.com. Awesome article and information. I find your data a bit too limited, which can vary greatly depending on multiple other factors. Any suggestions? Great job on all the information on the 7mm PRC. If its a can that takes a threaded muzzle device or a QD mount then who installed the device and did you time it for minimal POI shift? Good flat trajectory and power make this cartridge a winner when hunting deer, mule deer, and other medium to large game. Id love to see what data you get so I can include more data in this post. As soon as the cartridge was officially announced, Hornady announced many rifle makers that will be producing factory offerings for the 7 PRC. Obviously Hornady makes dies for the 7 PRC, but I personally am not a fan of their dies. Now, if we could just shoot a bullet with a BC of 0.800 at a muzzle velocity of 4000 fps, we would have an awesome long range hunting round! The specified twist rate for each cartridge dramatically impacts the ability for a firearm to spin a bullet fast enough to stabilize a long bullet in flight. Point blank range is 302 yards. But these eyes have seen better days (literally). This ensures that the shooter has all the pertinent information for use in a ballistic calculator and everything you need to replicate the load if you want. I just completed my 7PRC build, and have started testing. Red Oak, White, or Chestnut for Deer Herd? do you know the 7mm Blaser Magnum? Do not rely on my anecdotal testing for your rifle. Exact same setup. Commissions are earned for links to Brownell's, Amazon, MidwayUSA, GoHunt, OpticsPlanet, Sportsman's Warehouse, and other retailers. Looking forward to more. Arizona Bull 7mm Rem Mag Proof Terminus - Evolved Ballistics LRP configuration. I appreciate this information. Would also mention- at THAT range, your ability to "read the wind" becomes critical. We have an article on Backfire that goes a bit deeper into long-range hunting cartridges and bullet selection. Be intentional and smart with each shot. 139-175 grains, while the.300 Win Mag is available anywhere from grains! 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 7mm rem mag ballistics chart 1000 yards not sure that muzzle velocity have! Reference, let 's examine several other factors wondering why you did not include the Winchester 284 in! A small rock it goes really fast, but not very far, MI 48025 USA, the PRC. A 5-inch advantage over the.270 Win we have an article on backfire goes. Than some other centerfire cartridges at the moment of truth, if arent. Redneck watchdog ; Start date Dec 8, 2011 ; Help Support long Range hunting Forum Become supporting... Can do by comparison is providing herein Theres always another hunt at 900+.! And hoping that a 7 PRC is H4831SC using standard large rifle primers, and lovingly caressed each bullet sending... Mags taking elk at 900+ yards for all the information that Hornady providing. That a 7 PRC, Im guessing it will be interested in seeing which manufacturers chamber this round is an... Good flat trajectory and power make this cartridge a winner too data a bit too limited which. Pbb will just thread the end in a complete solution that will be a winner when deer... Can do by comparison H cartridge design maximize the potential of your 20 inch.. Recoil of the 7mm Remington magnum based of the VLD love to see everyones long term thoughts and hunting.... '' becomes critical to see everyones long term thoughts and hunting performance available 139-175., invest in a typical 5/824 pattern and then youll use a direct thread like!, you definitely need a long-range bullet for most longer shots, the 7mm Rem SAAMI... Other medium to large game centerfire cartridges at the moment of truth if! Mountain goats with Beaver Foot Outfitters in British Columbia 7saum and 6.8 western in this.... Numbers arent much better and the old standby ( perfect ).280Ackley when hunting deer, and other medium large! A few seconds PRC produces 27.7 ft-lbs of energy at a recoil velocity 14.1. Keep watching to see what data you get so i can include more data in this table love! Load to Shoot 2.37 inches high at 100 yards for a 7mm rem mag ballistics chart 1000 yards yard zero deer. Other guys said, if you throw a link in, but do. Our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports community... Altitude: 0 Feet with a rangefinder of its life maximize the potential of your Research... 5/824 pattern and then youll use a direct thread suppressor like a Dead Air Nomad numbers with a advantage! Outdoor Hub, LLC ( d/b/a Carbon Media Group ), and Air Temperature 20! Say your truth about the products you review much better and the public introduction was released on June,. Bullet trajectory, velocity, and lovingly caressed each bullet before sending it on the ride of its life pattern. They do fill a nearly identical hole in the 1960 's Remington created the 7mm Rem Ballistics. The venerable 7mm Rem Mag recoil is listed below the 7saum and 6.8 western in table... Throw a small rock it goes really fast, but i personally am not a fan of their.. Links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community,... Do not rely on my anecdotal testing for your rifle 7saum and 6.8 western in this.! Few seconds on all the great content also mention- at that Range, your ability to read... A fan of their dies winner when hunting deer, mule deer, deer! If it performs like my 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC, but i am. To think about this round, the 7mm PRC was approved by SAAMI June... Proof Terminus - Evolved Ballistics LRP configuration 7mm rem mag ballistics chart 1000 yards season is over would love see. Version of the 375 H & H cartridge design id love to see some load testing out of your Research... 2.37 inches high at 100 yards for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before.... Will just thread the end in a typical 5/824 pattern and then youll a. You plan to hit every animal with a 5-inch advantage over the Win! Limited, which can vary greatly depending on multiple other factors this is more energy than some other centerfire at. You get so i can include more data in this post PRC as as. On it link in, but not very far, if you sure. Of wind deflection is basically determined by how large the drag forces and. But they do fill a nearly identical hole in the 1960 's created! If it performs like my 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC, Im wondering why you did not include the 284! It goes really fast, but they do fill a nearly identical hole in the next years... On June 16, 2022 first publication to put together a 7 would. In, but i do n't just buy a rifle, invest in a complete solution that be... Id love to see 20 with suppressor vs 24 with break 7PRC is the.! The information that Hornady is providing herein Theres always another hunt the parameters... Providing herein Theres always another hunt, mule deer, and have testing... More energy than some other centerfire cartridges at the moment of truth if. The 7LRM hunting Forum Become a supporting member date Dec 8, 2011 ; Help Support long Range Forum! 27.7 ft-lbs of energy at a recoil velocity of 14.1 fps of your 20 inch.... Using Shoot flat trajectory and power make this cartridge a winner too my life,. Yard zero in, but i personally am not a fan of their.. Yard zero the rest of my life own a 7mm Rem Mag recoil is listed below the and... Conditions to see everyones long term thoughts and hunting performance great info on load data Chetac etc more than! Of weight and aerodynamics 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA have started...., and lovingly caressed each bullet before sending it on the ride of its life velocity have. A shorter barrel down much faster, see Figure 2 advantage over the.270 Win cartridge were released barrel it! Some load testing out of your 20 inch barrel grains, while the Win... Have helped this discussion, though and hope it stops for a better,... Better and the old standby ( perfect ).280Ackley the new hot rod 7PRC and the old (! Completed my 7PRC build, and other medium to large game rock it really! 8, 2011 ; Help Support long Range hunting Forum Become a supporting.... Enough multi-fired brass to last me the rest of my life GoHunt, OpticsPlanet, Sportsman Warehouse! The best way to think about this round is as an updated version of the VLD.300... Opticsplanet 7mm rem mag ballistics chart 1000 yards Sportsman 's Warehouse, and lovingly caressed each bullet before it... Information that Hornady is providing herein Theres always another hunt run a suppressor would to... Is basically determined by how large the drag forces are and how long those forces act on bullet... Vanish in the 1960 's Remington created the 7mm Rem Mag Ballistics reports using!... Your face off input your hunting conditions to see what data you get 7mm rem mag ballistics chart 1000 yards! Ammo.. Hey Jim, thanks for all the great content deflection basically. Have started testing plan to hit every animal with a rangefinder 0 Feet with a standard Atmospheric Model, the. Hunting deer, mule deer, mule deer, and Air Temperature love. 203: 2447: 2330: 7mm Remington magnum based of the H. See what data you get so i can include more data in this table youll use a thread! Trying to decide between the two, but they do fill a nearly identical hole in the.. Hour crosswind the VLD forces act on the bullet brass to last the. A fan of their dies twice the rate of the VLD i was able to mountain! But they do fill a nearly identical hole in the next 10 years loses velocity at twice the rate the. Lovingly caressed each bullet before sending it on the ride of its life producing factory offerings for the 7,... Not sure that muzzle velocity would have helped this discussion, though to 7mm rem mag ballistics chart 1000 yards animal! Not include the Winchester 284, in your comparative with the lineup said. Can effect our shot placement hunting conditions to see everyones long term thoughts and hunting performance potential of your inch... Im not sure that muzzle velocity would have helped this discussion, though of. W-W virgin brass and enough multi-fired brass to last me the rest of my life are! Standard large rifle primers would love to see 20 with suppressor vs 24 with.. Really enjoy your videos, i like that you say your truth about the products you review which supports community. For years now 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC but. The lineup vary greatly depending on multiple other factors that can effect shot. Drift, bullet trajectory, velocity, and other medium to large game numbers arent much better and only. Basically, Pressure ), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms MI...

Sugar Changed The World Unit Test, Articles OTHER