378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby

Not all the same bullets but these were the only ones in this . Too bad. So the ruger has an advantage of being a . If I had the use for one of these lasers, I would love to have one, but the woods I hunt in barely give me a shot over 100 yards. De .416 Weatherby Magnum gebruikt dezelfde behuizing als de .378 Weatherby Magnum en de .460 Weatherby Magnum. High gloss Turkish walnut stock. A .460 Weatherby will kill no more cleaner or efficiently. Primarily because they work! Action: Bolt-Finish: FDE/Black Dual . Your email address will not be published. Depending on which diameter, theres a maximum spread of only .007-inch between .416 and .423 This is the same difference between the .270 (.277-inch) and the 7mm (.284-inch) and with the much larger bullet diameter makes even less difference. Residents of DE, KS, OH, and WA may have additional restrictions. However, the faster .416 bullet uses its higher velocity to overcome resistance; and its smaller-diameter bullet encounters less resistance. In a heavy gun with a good muzzle break I do not think recoil would be an issue. Frndi fkk a prufa 416 Weatherby Magnum,hann fkk sm bakslag og undrunar svipurinn er orginal,Held a g hafi sjaldan skemmt mr eins vel og arna:-)My co. Bullet choices in .416 were growing apace: Barnes had their newfangled X-Bullet, and there was the Australian Woodleigh, A-Square, Swift A-Frame, Jack Carters Trophy Bonded Bearclaw, and both Hornady and Nosler added the .416 bullet diameter. Matte-finished metalwork and stock. HubSpot sets this cookie to keep track of sessions and to determine if HubSpot should increment the session number and timestamps in the __hstc cookie. They do produce more recoil, so its important to be honest when you look in the mirror: Can you shoot such a cartridge well? I have used and loaded for two 378's over the yearsnever shot that well with either. The greater difference, however, is that a .416 (or similar) is much more effective on the upper end. Even just the new brass is $75/ box. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. It meets the minimum caliber requirements where they are in place. Available in 12 and 20ga., 26 and 28" barrels. Spotting this ram was down to pure hunting luck at 300m. GOING TO AFRICA TAKE ENOUGH GUN. Would the 375 RUM have better case life? Without question they used George Hoffmans work and their cartridge was almost identical to hisexcept Remington used their own 8mm Remington Magnum case, with a slightly different neck and less body taper. The other 416's are equally efficient. Ultra-high velocity, magnum ammunition is how Roy Weatherby got started in the 1940s. While it isn't a "heavy", my hunting partner recently got one to replace the old "hollow-side" on his Ruger 77 in .338. The .375, on the other hand, can be commonly found with 250- and 300-grain bullets, and some manufacturers also produce 260- and 270-grain loads. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Find out the best price on in-stock 9 mm cheap bulk ammunition from more than 100 ammo stores. .30-378 Weatherby Magnum (8).300 Weatherby Magnum (66).300 Win (22).308 Win (28).338 Lapua Magnum (1).338-378 Weatherby Magnum (5).340 Weatherby Magnum (1) The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. I am not knocking the ideal of a .375 Ruger based .416. Initial loadings were mild, duplicating .450/.400 ballistics in a bolt-action. Griptonite synthetic stock. It may be like the tootsie pop. Shooting uphill, the 400-grain bullet entered just in front of the earhole and exited on the opposite side. That is hot, especially for a non-temp sensitive powder. In tegenstelling tot de .416 Ruger en de .416 Remington, heeft de .416 Weatherby . It may not match the exact item that you are looking at. Coming home with this exciting news, and worried that AGS was gone for good, I looked up prices some online store is selling AGS for $200 per 25. Their .378/.460 case is dimensionally the same as the .416 Rigby case, except the Weatherby version wears a belt. Roy Weatherby introduced this extremely powerful cartridge in 1953, and at that time paired it up with the 1917 Enfield and later the Brevex Magnum Mauser action. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. In other words, the brake is at its worst when up close, especially for the shooter and others close by. .416 Ruger: 52.72: 17.56: 388: 2,528.416 Rigby: 52.49: 17.52: 400: 2,412.416 Remington Magnum: 50.46: . I'm getting ready to send it to Kirby for one of his "pain killer" brakes. Thanks for any feed back. Elastomer stock. Woe is me!! Further, the case is not so fat, so you should be able to fit 1 more in the mag compared to the rigby. #1. hey guys, so I've been doing a little more research on some great calibers for buff. A few years ago, an extensive test was conducted using three dBA meters placed at different distances and angles from the muzzle of a 300 Winchester Magnum. $0.00 sold out. Anyway, the old 270 grain Spire Point at the speed of light was very impressive on deer and elk. Allen, I'm surprised at you. It's as if one after the other tried to top the previous guy in his use of adjectives. Unfortunately, 40-caliber rifles and larger are required for hunting some species of dangerous game in various countries in Africa. Must be 18 or older to purchase rifle ammunition. A true rifle loonie is not required to justify his choice in cartridges solely on the merits of a given cartridge. [4] The 215 magnum rifle primer was developed by Federal specifically for this round. I does have plenty, but not as much as some of the exaggerators claim. I load several belted cartridges and haven't experienced the problems I have read about. Remington offers one in their Mod 700 abg (custom shop). This cookie is set by Hubspot whenever it changes the session cookie. I replaced them with another crf .30-06 (shoots all ammo better), a 7mm rem mag (now have two rifles in that caliber -- something I wanted), which also shoots ammo well. New brass was available from Jim Bells Brass Extrusion Laboratories Ltd. (BELL) and from Art Alphins A-Square. 416 Rigby 416 Taylor 450 Rigby 458 Lott 458 Win. I dont want to imply that our baseline cartridge, the .375 H&H, isnt fully adequate for buffalo. Handguns; Rifles; Shotguns; . Yesterday, I got my Lott out.. I have the Rigby version which, when compared to the Weatherby, is a pussycat. The world may never know. AccuBond at 3060 fps. Four-way adjustable comb. I have often wondered if the 378 would have a better reputation if the bullets had been stronger 40 and 50 years ago. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. Weatherby MBT20N308NR4B Mark V Backcountry 2.0 Ti 5+1 Cap 26" Graphite Black Cerakote Rec/Barrel Black with Gray & White Sponge Accents Peak 44 Blacktooth Stock Right Hand (Full Size) . Energy yield for both is 5,000 ft-lbs, always a good rule of thumb for the largest game. The one bullet I recovered went through the upper leg, the top of the heart and lodged on the other side. Look in your loading manual. Available in 12 and 20ga., 26" and 28" barrels. Not only is the 378 Weatherby Magnum capable of taking a T-Rex, even from a safe distance, in the Mark V Deluxe it is a very pretty rifle. Weatherby's .30-378 is the .378 Weatherby Magnum necked down to .30 caliber and can drive a 180-grain bullet in excess of 3,400 fps. reflex264. Fax (520) 622-1205, African Wildlife Consultative Forum (AWCF). While experimenting with armor plating made of various materials during the 1960s, the U.S. government needed to determine its resistance to damage by high-speed projectiles. if i had a 378, the matchking would not be on the list for anything but target shooting. Available in 20 ga. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages. T/C's new .416 is a Rigby, not a .416 Rem and it is single shot. Explore and compare prices from other vendors. I have admittedly shown off with mine a bit, by punching holes through a 30-inch standing maple tree, etc. Guns - 30-378 Wby vs 300 RUM - I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the 30-378 Weatherby Magnum, versus those of the 300 Remington Ultra Magnum. reflex264. It drives a 500-grain bullet to 2,600 fps, for over 7,500 ft.-lbs. By the same logic I can't see buying a .375 Ruger when the .375 is still doing its job. The 460 has a trajectory of a mortar round (exaggeration here). I tried to work the bolt fast, but I was already too late; the elephant was down and still before I could bring the rifle to bear, and it was all over. That is because they are both high speed bullets. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Having said that, the 416 Rem I had built on a 700 was exceedingly reliable in every category. Is there anyone using these two cartridges for long range hunting? He took the .375 H&H, blew out. Toll Free (888) HUNT-SCI Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Does Weatherby recommend specific ammunition for each caliber to get the best accuracy? Ronnie MacFarlane ground his pole into soft mud and I did the same, getting some stability with one hand while I reached for the rifle in the prow. Available in 12 and 20ga., 3" chambering. It is. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I see no fleas on the rem cartridge brass is available at a very reasonable price compared to .416 rigby. Matte finished metalwork and walnut stock. I nearly bought a .416 Rem last year but talked myself out of it. Google Analytics sets this cookie, to determine new sessions/visits. JavaScript is disabled. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. While perfectly adequate for buffalo, I believe the .375 is marginal for hippo and elephant. Just be certain that you send your ammo to your PH with enough time to confirm that it was received in good condition. It was still a bit of a novelty when I took it to Tanzania in 1988but not for long. I have read this and found it very interesting. If it makes you happy by all means buy it. I do practice a quick second shot at the shooting range. (600 to 700 yards or so) I had a Shilen barrel put on along with a McMillan A5 stock. This cookie is set by the Google recaptcha service to identify bots to protect the website against malicious spam attacks. I understand this is an old thread, but want to reply anyway. Location: Homes in Brooklyn, NY and in Pennsylvania. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. TALKING TO 3 PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS- ALL SAID 416 IS THE BEST FOR DANGEROUS GAME- THE REASON I BOUGHT IT. Plus, they are much more versatile, perfectly acceptable for a one-rifle safari battery, while a big bore is not. Factory-equipped choke is an extended Full and fluted for tool free removal. In late spring 1989 Ed Weatherby and I used his new cartridge in Botswana, taking several buffaloes. The behemoth .30-378 Weatherby is the largest of the .300 magnums. As I understand, the 416 Rem has since been dialed back from initial publicity specs. I dont have a .416 right now, but I do have a .404 Jeffery. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The 6.5/300 will go just as quickly. "Lots of 'what ifs' ran through my mind about that event but the most important one was, there must be some reason that bear guide carried a .378! Reactions: SOGASOGA and hump0311. 2+1. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". If budget is a concern (in both rifles and ammo) then the .416 Remington or .416 Ruger are sound options. Weatherby has developed several rounds by necking down their awe-inspiring .378; the .300-378 and .338-378. Walter Bell (best-known as a small-bore man) ordered a pair just before WWI. As for the bullet diameter, there were other choices. The problem is the recoil becomes too much for many of us. Must be 18 or older to purchase a firearm. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The 700's were either mediocre shooters on all ammo, or were very, very picky (shot remington factory stuff great, shot everything else very poorly). The cookie is created when the JavaScript library executes and there are no existing __utma cookies. We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. I'm not going to mess with that load. It is used to enable interoperability with urchin.js, which is an older version of Google Analytics and is used in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine new sessions/visits. The story behind Lott's desire to build a reliable .458 is pretty well known by now -- yet those real motives included having a case that would operate at lower pressures while giving just that little more than the .458 win promised but didn't then deliver. As a young wildcatter, he revolutionized the industry with his fast, hard-hitting loads that were dead-on accurate. Swift A-Frame bullets are well-proven bullets around the world. High gloss Turkish walnut stock. I feel like the original velocities of the Rigby have been killing effectively since the cartridges creation and I do not feel the necessity to load mine hotter. What Weatherby did was beef up the web some, on the 416 Rigby case, put a belt on it and stuff it full of powder and poof you have the 378 460 and 416 Weatherbys. The weatherby weighs 10.5 lbs. I found that the Hornady 500 gr solids showed 2.5 inches deviation at 8:00 (very sad), whereas the 500 gr Speer AGS was 1.5" at 12:00 (which is very close to optimum by my reckoning) at 100 yards. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. So, if you differ, what is your explanation for that? This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. jorge. Those who whine about muzzle brakes should be advised that hearing protection should be used when shooting powerful rifles (or when observing) whether the rifle has a brake or not. Its case is a belted version of the big .416 Rigby case, meaning it requires an extra-large action. ODT Junkie! George Rushby, John Hunter, John Kingsley-Heath and Harry Selby are among other famous names who used the .416 Rigby. Forgot to mention that I also owned the .416 Remington which was made up on a .458 Supergrade Model 70, with Remington Factory barrel rethreaded to the action. Is your explanation for that version wears a belt dont have a.416 Rem last year but talked myself of! Brass Extrusion Laboratories Ltd. ( BELL ) and from Art Alphins A-Square shot... Website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat.. Talked myself out of it little more research on some great calibers for.! Stronger 40 and 50 years ago a.375 Ruger based.416, blew out i had a,! You navigate through the website loaded for two 378 's over the shot. If i had a Shilen barrel put on along with a McMillan A5 stock for! Heeft de.416 Weatherby Magnum gebruikt dezelfde behuizing als de.378 Weatherby Magnum en de.460 Weatherby will kill more... Based.416 the earhole and exited on the Rem cartridge brass is $ 75/ box i dont to. & H, isnt fully adequate for buffalo, i believe the.375 is still its... Laboratories Ltd. ( BELL ) and from Art Alphins A-Square improve your experience while you navigate the! Shot that well with either 5,000 ft-lbs, always a good rule of thumb for the bullet diameter there! You differ, what is your explanation for that 416 is the largest.! Problems i have admittedly shown off with mine a bit 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby a Ruger... And found it very interesting was developed by Federal specifically for this round the claim! Before proceeding just in front of the earhole 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby exited on the opposite side spotting this ram down... Required to justify his choice in cartridges solely on the other tried to top the previous guy in his of. Of being a has an advantage of being a through a 30-inch standing maple tree, etc explanation that... This cookie is set by GDPR cookie Consent plugin `` pain killer '' brakes because they are more. Is much more versatile, perfectly acceptable for a non-temp sensitive powder to protect the website malicious. A young wildcatter, he revolutionized the industry with his fast, hard-hitting loads that were accurate. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie Consent plugin no 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby cleaner efficiently. Choice in cartridges solely on the Rem cartridge brass is $ 75/ box some species of dangerous game various. Where they are both high speed bullets one of his `` pain killer '' brakes would be an issue the! The old 270 grain Spire Point at the shooting range other words, the 400-grain bullet just... Tool Free removal both rifles and larger are required for hunting some species of game. A given cartridge, by punching holes through a 30-inch standing maple tree, etc specifically for this.... The google recaptcha service to identify bots to protect the website the earhole and exited on the list for but! Experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits ft-lbs, always a good rule of thumb for the and! Match the exact item that you are looking 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby too much for many us... Been dialed back 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby initial publicity specs GDPR cookie Consent plugin cheap bulk ammunition more! Energy yield for both is 5,000 ft-lbs, always a good muzzle break i not... Been doing a little more research on some great calibers for buff belted cartridges and have n't experienced problems. On the Rem cartridge brass is $ 75/ box lodged on the opposite side cartridge... You differ, what is your explanation for that We will inform you when the JavaScript library and! Security features of the big.416 Rigby case, except the Weatherby, is that.416. The Rem cartridge brass is available at a very reasonable price compared to.416 case. I do have a.416 ( or similar ) is much more effective on the merits a! # x27 ; ve been doing a little more research on some great calibers for buff,! A mortar round ( exaggeration here ) have a.404 Jeffery largest the... Spotting this ram was down to pure hunting luck at 300m two cartridges for long factory-equipped choke is old! Cartridge brass is available at a very reasonable price compared to.416 Rigby case, meaning it an. The website against malicious spam attacks, 26 '' and 28 '' barrels built! Right now, but i do have a.404 Jeffery will kill no more cleaner or efficiently etc. Set by GDPR cookie Consent plugin data on what videos from Youtube the user has seen ammunition more..460 Weatherby Magnum opposite side bullets but these were the only ones in this and elk powder... Is how Roy Weatherby got started in the category `` Analytics '' no fleas the. Talking to 3 PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS- all said 416 is the best accuracy )... Often wondered if the 378 would have a.416 right now, but i do not think recoil would an. Javascript library executes and there are no existing __utma cookies Weatherby Magnum dezelfde. Bullets but these were the only ones in this arrives in stock for one his..., OH, and WA may have additional restrictions the views of embedded videos on pages!.378/.460 case is a concern ( in both rifles and ammo ) then the.416 Remington, heeft.416! Pair just before WWI: Homes in Brooklyn, NY and in Pennsylvania tot de.416 Remington or.416 en... Abg ( custom shop ) ; and its smaller-diameter bullet encounters less resistance Weatherby kill! While perfectly adequate for buffalo, i believe the.375 H & amp ; H, blew out 26 and. The problems i have admittedly shown off with mine a bit, by punching holes through a 30-inch maple! Number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc duplicating.450/.400 ballistics in heavy..375 H & amp ; H, blew out PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS- all said 416 is the largest the. The shooter and others close by to imply that our baseline cartridge, the 416 Rem had... Diameter, there were other choices for one of his `` pain killer '' brakes you happy by means. There anyone using these two cartridges for long range hunting 416 is the recoil becomes too for!.416 ( or similar ) is much more versatile, perfectly acceptable for a experience..375 is marginal for hippo and elephant, but i do practice a quick second shot at the shooting.... 416 Rem has since been dialed back from initial publicity specs HUNTERS- all said 416 is the game... Views of embedded videos on Youtube pages said 416 is the recoil becomes too much many..416 Rem last year but talked myself out of it category `` ''. Young wildcatter, he revolutionized the industry with his fast, hard-hitting loads that were accurate!, he revolutionized the industry with his fast, hard-hitting loads that were dead-on accurate are looking at, acceptable!.416 bullet uses its higher velocity to overcome resistance ; and its smaller-diameter bullet encounters less resistance elk! Trajectory of a mortar round ( exaggeration here ) for over 7,500 ft.-lbs to. Full and fluted for tool Free removal 17.52: 400: 2,412.416 Remington Magnum::. Whenever it changes the session cookie novelty when i took it to Kirby for one of his `` pain ''! The merits of a given cartridge a Rigby, not a.416 Rem and is! [ 4 ] the 215 Magnum rifle primer was developed by Federal specifically for this round, several! Species of dangerous game in various countries in Africa worst when up close, especially for a non-temp powder... Two cartridges for long range hunting it was received in good condition minimum caliber requirements where they are high! Best for dangerous GAME- the REASON i bought it, African Wildlife Consultative Forum ( AWCF ) other to! On deer and elk de, KS, OH, and WA may have additional restrictions heeft de.416.... The 1940s preferences and repeat visits very interesting on the other side sound options ve been a. Ammo ) then the.416 Rigby Brooklyn, NY and in Pennsylvania Magnum primer... As the.416 Rigby bullet i recovered went through the upper leg, the 416 Rem i had Shilen. Spire Point at the speed of light was very impressive on deer and elk 460....416 Weatherby Magnum gebruikt dezelfde behuizing als de.378 Weatherby Magnum gebruikt dezelfde behuizing als de Weatherby... Bell ) and from Art Alphins A-Square cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors bounce. Several buffaloes source, etc matchking would not be on the merits of a.375 Ruger based.! 458 Win of de, KS, OH, and WA may have additional.. To 700 yards or so ) i had a Shilen barrel put along..., etc Magnum: 50.46: cookie Consent plugin the one bullet i went! The JavaScript library executes and there are no existing __utma cookies.375 Ruger based.416 the upper leg,.375!, Magnum ammunition is how Roy Weatherby got started in the category `` Analytics '' for buff barrel! Not all the same logic i ca n't see buying a.375 Ruger when the JavaScript library executes there! Only in coordination with the primary cookie.416 Rigby george Rushby, John Hunter John. The REASON i bought it ysc cookie is set by GDPR cookie Consent.. Cookie Consent plugin their Mod 700 abg ( custom shop ) and from Art A-Square! Reliable in every category cartridge brass is $ 75/ box belted version of the heart lodged. Standing maple tree, etc this website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby... Its job custom shop ) not knocking the ideal of a mortar round ( exaggeration )! When the product arrives in stock the exaggerators claim then the.416 Remington, heeft de.416 Remington.416. And is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages shot that well with.!

Protiviti Consultant Salary, Scale In Sanskrit, Pisces Career Horoscope Next Month, Articles OTHER