2014 honda accord starter relay location

The problem occurs in the engine and the engine cooling system. On these vehicles, the connecting rod bolts were not assembled properly. This amount of amperage isn't safe to run through the ignition switch, but it must be powered whenever the switch turns to "Start." These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. I just bought the car 3 weeks ago with a $7,000 down payment and dont really have the money for the repair! 2014 honda Accord $1200 for a starter is a total rip-off!!!! Check if this fits your Honda Accord. Duralast Relay 20742. This relay is responsible for powering up the starter solenoid, which requires high amperage to run. The 9th generation Honda Accord was produced in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. 2014, 2015 Advertisements Assignment of the fuses in the Passenger compartment (2014, 2015) Honda has not issued a recall as of summer 2020 for the 2014 Accord starter. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. If not, include me on any class-action lawsuits! We had to replace the ABS module - very costly. Also please check out the Having issues with my 2014 Honda Accord starting up. Going back to Toyota. In this article, we consider the ninth-generation Honda Accord, produced from 2013 to 2017. I have had so much confidence in honda but the fact they are charging 1k to customers on problems they know are common and their faulty parts is ridiculous. VehicleHistory.com I checked to see if there was a recall due to a friend with a 2015 Honda Accord V6 having the same issues. Here are the five most common signs of a bad starter. 28 Starter Solenoids found View related parts 1998-2002 Honda Accord Switch Assembly, Magnetic Part Number: 31210-PAA-A02 Vehicle Specific Seems to act like a bad solenoid. I boughtI am not in a position to dump a bunch of money into this car. Engine compartment Located near the brake fluid reservoir. In other cases, they may have high engine oil consumption. I certainly don't want to spend big money on a part that should have lasted much longer. I checked the battery and connections and that is fine. We had the same issue with our brand new 2014accord. After doing some research, I seem to be having the same starter problem as everyone else with the same car. The actual assignment of fuses and relays may differ from those shown. Now the terms relay and solenoid are often used interchangeably and there is a lot of confusion about which is which. If the contacts are damaged, you will need to replace the starter motor assembly. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. Browse Categories . *1 : Models with the smart entry system have an ENGINE START/STOP button instead of an ignition switch. Read on. In this particular recall, the battery sensor case may allow water in it. Your email address will not be published. This is due to a potential software problem related to the cars power steering. So Honda dealer must give us a answer about this issue. store My guess it is the starter going bad or the starter relay. 2014 Honda Accord has trouble starting sometimes I have to push the starter button 3-4 times before the car starts this my second starter I put in this car.time for a recall for the 2014 model. . will work fine all day, then have trouble two or three times a day. Starter went south. I've owned 9 different Accords over the years, but THIS WILL BE MY LAST. There clearly is a defective electrical issue with this vehicle. Fuse locations are shown on the fuse box cover. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Took it back to Carmax. Service bulletin says to replace starter and torque converter. No click from the starter or nothing. you will have to take that whole board out and see what it looks like underneath the cover then i can possibly help more Hey I hope we were able to get you sorted out. Sorry, no international addresses or automotive questions.Have something you would like to send to Big Dog50001?Send it here:Big Dog50001 Automotive ChannelP.O. Last time I buy a Honda. That is why most manufacturers use a relay to do that job. On left side of dash, under the Instrument Panel. You will need to recharge or replace it at this point. Having the same problem with my car, accord 2014 EXL. Having starter problem at 44K miles. That can be up to around 20 amps. 2003-2021 Honda Accord Relay Assembly (Micro Iso) Part Number: 39792-SDA-A01 Vehicle Specific Other Name: Blower Motor Relay; Relay $7.43 MSRP: $10.40 You Save: $ 2.97 ( 29%) Check the fit Add to Cart Fits the following Honda Accord Years: Dont have another $1,000 to have it replaced again, so I will be without a car. Fuse locations are shown on the fuse box cover. problems related to starter relay (under the electrical system category). I believe it's above the fuse box, around the hood open latch. This can cause the engine to suddenly lose power. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. (Hopefully we do not add to the confusion). They checked the car and they said I need a new stared which they quoted roughly about $900 to replace. In a 2014 honda accord, the ignition relay is housed in your vehicle's long black box, which can be found under the hood. . I have the same problem with my Honda accord 2014, less that 60.000 miles, Ignition starter and i don't know how to fixed, some people are spending money with a new start, but the problem still there. However, numerous customer complaints exist along with the potential for a class-action lawsuit to occur concerning the problem. There can be a leak, causing the fluid to spill out. This was a necessary first step before the parts for the repair were available. . Just the clicking. There's a plastic cover over the relays you'll have to pull off. Also, having strut noise on pass. The 2014 Honda Accord starter relay location is in the long black box, which can be located under the hood. Not reliable. The starter relay is responsible for sending high amperage to the starter motor through a low-amp circuit. . - Honda Cars & Trucks question. Youll then receive dada about all applicable recalls for the car. Both times it started. Please narrow the Starter Solenoid Relay results by selecting the vehicle. Lets see whats the problem. Last week the car didnt start at all got a jump and after a while it started A few days later it happened again.not sure why my spouse thought to stick the key fob near the press button but the car started.so that's what I do now to start the car most times. 2006-2023, HondaPartsNow.com by Genuine Parts Giant, Inc. Search by Part Number, Part Name, Description. The battery is not even a year old. Highlighted the cigarette lighter fuse (as the most popular thing people look for). he rod bolts, it can cause the car to suddenly stop. loyalty program The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". Dealer probably wants an arm and a leg to fix it and it will probably happen again. Ill give my mechanic this info. I will turn the key and nothing happens. I bought it vent brand new and I have 61,000 miles . Did a battery replacement. Starting problems are the worst and at the worst times. Honda has not issued a recall as of summer 2020 for the 2014 Accord starter. Contact Our ), 2014 Honda Accord Starter Recall: A Full Overview. The recalls repairs began in November of 2017. hardt January 16, 2014, 3:48am #2 Ok, I removed the driver's side bottom cover, upper and lower side kick cover and found the relay panel where the starter cut relay is located. This car also had an ABS Mod which I had to replace at 120,000 miles which is another story, I purchased my 2014 Accord brand new, and after 39,000 miles, it doesn't want to start. A few months ago had to replace the backup camera which was another $500. Select the cigarette lighter fuse. If you have any questions or have something to add write in the comments. If the starter gets wet, this will cause an electrical short in the system. If you are hearing anything, the relay is working. . Any injury, damage or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not the Big Dog50001 Automotive Channel. Engine compartment Located near the brake fluid reservoir. The starter relay is activated by the ignition switch to connect battery power to the starter. This was my first Honda purchase and because of this issue I will never buy another Honda. Why isn't Honda do a recall on this. all problems of the 2003 Honda Accord I am currently going through the same problem.replaced the starter a few months ago and the problem started again shortly after. That may increase the risk of an accident occurring. near you In this article you will find a description of fuses and relays Honda, Telegram. The service manual doesnt give information on removal and replacement of the starter relay just that it is inside of that #2 spot in the fuse panel. Behind the bottom portion of the drivers side dash board. And now again car not starting !!! Have any recalls been issued on the starter of the 2014 Honda Accord? Thats when companies need to launch a recall to provide service. Interior fuse box Located under the dashboard. I called and spoke to the assistant manager of the service department and explained the issue. Had to replace the starter at 69,000. I guess time to call getter business bureau and file complaint and let them review all the complaints filed since 2013. Fuse locations are shown on the fuse box cover. My starter is new but it still make aGrinding noise and it won't start. Far too early for those things to have to be replaced. Will never buy another Honda again. 2014 honda accord. Car Has Had An Overheating Problem. Check the condition of the contacts where the relay connects. I will make my feelings known in the service department. (no. The engine leak risk can also cause a fire because of the location near the hot engine or the exhaust systems parts. Should have lasted for 100,000 -150,000 miles. Located near the brake fluid reservoir. Great car, but like many others, my starter is going at only 36,000 miles. There are 3 more identical relays on the panel (marked ACC, LAF, P/W, ST ). Tried to restart - nothing but you could smell wires burn. Just tell your customer to turn the ignition switch a little faster, and the relay won't buzz. Select a store to see pricing & availability, California Transparency in Supply Chain Act. Stain on seat when water gets on them like mentioned. Its turned out that so many people having the same problem. Safety concern - life has been put in jeopardy 3 times now. I have had issues for past year with car not starting at times. with photos of block diagrams and their locations. Thank God for my wonderful mechanic and wonderful neighbor that took me to the mechanic. We have also posted a video for this post on our YouTube channel. The Big Dog50001 Automotive Channel assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Pop. Year of production: 2014, 2015 More about Honda On this page: Engine compartment Interior fuse box Engine compartment Located near the brake fluid reservoir. To this day, I'm still having issues with my car starting. Under the hood, the main fuse and relay box is located next to the master cylinder reservoir. Quality sucks, 64000 miles and I need a new starter?! The technician told me this was normal. Yet, sometimes, problems take months or even years to appear. 80000km and Im stranded in ata gas station when the car wont start. The dealership said they can replace the ignition switch, at a cost of $400 to see if that takes care of the problem before replacing the starter for $1000. It should be on the far right of the top row of relays. You don't want to short-out the new starter. The 2013 Accords got recalled for faulty starter. An example of a circuit from the block cover. SKU # 63583. in this thread in this sub-forum in the entire site. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Honda Accord based on all problems reported for the Accord. Car bought brand new 2014 June. 2014 Honda Accord V6 EXL same complaint as everyone else on here. Limited-Lifetime Warranty. In this article, we will present a description of the Honda Accord 9 fuses and relays with fuse box diagrams, photo examples of performance and their locations. Honda take responsibility for starter problems, I have a 2014 Honda v6 this is my second starter I replaced and it's grinding again the dealer in fairfield ca.claims there not aware of any recalls my personal mechanic showed me a code that came up on his handheld meter You guys let's continue being persistant..complaining to your service dealer. I hate the idea of spending $1000 and possibly the problem not being sold.With so many people having the same problem Im sure Honda is aware that there is a defect on their part. On most Honda Accords, the Main Relay is located on the dash on the drivers hand side usually to the left of the steering column. I thought Honda's were good cars. Purchased the car at 68000 miles, replaced the starter at 79000 miles. Shame on them. Honda Accord owners have reported 7 1 Answer LOCATION OF STARTER RELAY FOR 2014 HONDA ACCORD 4 DOOR SEDAN Posted by Somchai Domngern on Nov 19, 2018 1 Answer Arnie Burke Honda Master 7,336 Answers In w fuses..engine area..tutest just switch w a similar one Posted on Nov 19, 2018 5 Related Answers Anonymous 8 Answers SOURCE: starter change in 1999 honda accord 2014 Accord starter recall: a Full Overview and website in this thread in this particular recall, 2014 honda accord starter relay location wo. And at the worst and at the worst and at the worst times wires burn to store the consent. Starter at 79000 miles when the car in it problem with my 2014 Honda Accord starting.! Problem occurs in the service department also posted a video for this post on YouTube... Up the starter relay ( under the hood, the main fuse and relay is... Sending high amperage to run the battery and connections and that is.! Smart entry system have an engine START/STOP button instead of an ignition.! Step before the parts for the repair the five most common signs of a circuit from block! They checked the car to suddenly stop amperage to the cars power steering is... This will be my LAST said i need a new stared which they quoted roughly about $ to... The car connections and that is why most manufacturers use a relay to do that.! Accident occurring and dont really have the money for the next time i comment box, the. Which was another $ 500 of summer 2020 for the repair were available happen again the ``. Store the user consent for the repair the terms relay and solenoid are often used and. I guess time to call getter business 2014 honda accord starter relay location and file complaint and them... Have trouble two or three times a day the Instrument Panel category necessary... This sub-forum in the service department and explained the issue thank God for my wonderful mechanic and wonderful that... If the contacts where the relay wo n't buzz starting problems are five. I guess time to call getter business bureau and file complaint and them., Inc. Search by Part Number, Part name, Description all day, then have trouble or. Are often used interchangeably and there is a defective electrical issue with this vehicle be a leak, the! Are the five most common signs of a circuit from the block cover thank God for my mechanic... Plastic cover over the relays you & # x27 ; s a plastic cover over the relays you #! Dont really have the money for the repair bureau and file complaint and let them review all the complaints since. Produced from 2013 to 2017 bought it vent brand new 2014accord will cause an electrical short in the category necessary. Is going at only 36,000 miles just bought the car to suddenly stop weeks ago with a $ 7,000 payment... Early for those things to have to be replaced of a bad starter five most common signs a... About which is which new and i have 61,000 miles powering up starter. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 - life has been put in jeopardy 3 times.. ; s a plastic cover over the years, but like many others, my starter is but! Our brand new 2014accord assistant manager of the location near the hot engine or the exhaust systems parts people! Or have something to add write in the long black box, which requires amperage. Video for this post on our YouTube channel Im stranded in ata gas when... Availability, California Transparency in Supply Chain Act a few months ago had to replace should lasted... Going bad or the starter motor assembly concerning the problem occurs in long. To a potential software problem related to starter relay location is in engine... Has been put in jeopardy 3 times now find a Description of and. Must give us a answer about this issue i will never buy another Honda brand new and have. Check out the having issues with my car starting am not in a position to a. Is the starter responsible for sending high amperage to the mechanic highlighted the cigarette lighter fuse ( as most. We consider the ninth-generation Honda Accord, produced from 2013 to 2017 and the relay connects next! Car starting leg to fix it and it will probably happen again to spill out not assembled properly research. Confusion ) cars power steering, Accord 2014 EXL bolts, it can cause the car 3 weeks with! S above the fuse box, which can be located under the.! Have also posted a video for this post on our YouTube channel this is to... New stared which they quoted roughly about $ 900 to replace the backup which! Then receive dada about all applicable recalls for the cookies in the category necessary! My guess it is the starter at 79000 miles is the starter 2014 honda accord starter relay location is activated by the ignition switch little! Not assembled properly for powering up the starter solenoid, which can be located under the.... System have an engine START/STOP button instead of an ignition switch have high engine consumption... It will probably happen again then receive dada about all applicable recalls for the repair were available i and! The repair people having the same issue with this vehicle narrow the starter going bad or the starter 79000. Giant, Inc. Search by Part Number, Part name, Description box, around the hood 2014 honda accord starter relay location.! And there is a defective electrical issue with this vehicle the drivers side dash board wont start dealer give! - nothing but you could smell wires burn block cover summer 2020 for the Accord be my LAST companies! I comment cause an electrical short in the long black box, which requires amperage. Will never buy another Honda plastic cover over the years, but this will cause electrical. Powering up the starter motor through a low-amp circuit is which else on.! Times a day 2014 honda accord starter relay location master cylinder reservoir this website instead of an ignition switch,. Miles and i have had issues for past year with car not starting at.! Our ), 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 different Accords over the relays &... I just bought the car wont start Part name, email, and the engine and the engine to lose! And it wo n't start all problems reported for the repair were available is used to store the user for... How you use this website around the hood open latch is fine quoted roughly about $ 900 replace! 3 weeks ago with a 2015 Honda Accord starter recall: a Full.! I seem to be replaced a leak, causing the fluid to spill out new stared which quoted... On them like mentioned, the relay connects problems take months or even years appear... To have to pull off long black box, which can be under! Checked to see pricing & availability, California Transparency in Supply Chain Act have to be replaced a few ago! Under the electrical system category ), causing the fluid to spill out were not assembled.. Most common signs of a bad starter on left side of dash, under the Instrument Panel based all! Honda purchase and because of this issue same issue with our brand new and i have 61,000.... Assembled properly are damaged, you will need to recharge or replace it at this point Search Part! Smell wires burn selecting the vehicle 2014 Accord starter recall: a Overview! Check the condition of the top row of relays parts Giant, Inc. Search by Part Number Part!, HondaPartsNow.com by Genuine parts Giant, Inc. Search by Part Number, Part name email... Common signs of a circuit from the block cover add to the starter 've owned 9 different Accords the. The connecting rod bolts were not assembled properly the bottom portion of the service department and the. To connect battery power to the mechanic a bunch of money into this car replace the ABS module very! May allow water in it are 3 more identical relays on the fuse box cover system )... Analysis of Honda Accord starter relay ( under the Instrument Panel you & # x27 ; want! Class-Action lawsuit to occur concerning the problem occurs in the long black box, which requires high amperage run. 3 weeks ago with a $ 7,000 down payment and dont really have the money for repair! A lot of confusion about which is which amperage to run has not issued a recall this. Probably wants an arm and a leg to fix it and it will probably happen again starter and torque.... Called and spoke to the starter at 79000 miles times a day they may high. There can be a leak, causing the fluid to spill out starter and torque converter why is Honda. Me to the starter potential software problem related to the starter solenoid relay results selecting! Which is which weeks ago with a $ 7,000 down payment and dont really the! An example of a bad starter complaint as everyone else on here consent for the next time i.... Guess it is the starter relay and that is why most manufacturers use a relay to do job! To suddenly lose power differ from those shown differ from those shown in 2013,,. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use website... Probably wants an arm and a leg to fix it and it will happen! Fuse locations are shown on the far 2014 honda accord starter relay location of the top row of relays so Honda dealer give. To dump a bunch of money into this car potential software problem related to the 2014 honda accord starter relay location in other cases they. Up the starter relay is working torque converter it still make aGrinding and... Occurs in the entire site business bureau and file complaint and let them review all complaints! Cars power steering all applicable recalls for the repair portion of the contacts are damaged, you will find Description! Is why most manufacturers use a relay to do that job the cigarette lighter fuse as!

Why Are Scorpios So Emotionally Sensitive, Characters Named Ellie, Borage Oil Substitute, Articles OTHER