2011 dodge caliber transmission problems

I heard a grinding noise while accelerating and took it to the dealership immediately, says one owner on Caliber Forumz. Inside there seats s**k, and are very uncomfortable. WRONG! Still they could only find a used transmission. I took it to the dealer today and they told me to contact chrysler because i don't have a warranty on it anymore. Tag ID: 4872676AF. I have a wining on the pessenger side from the motor sound like power steering is going. During the same time frame, the transmission would just quit, causing the car to slow to a crawl. Jan 09 2019. Im just gonna eat it and get the POS out of my life ASAP. The seals in the transmission or driveshaft may become faulty and leak fluid. Hi buddies, hope someone can help me. Caliber. The clutch is located within the torque converter and can occasionally become jammed. The suspension is warn out in the rear and the transmission is a bit noisy but other than that it's been very reliable. I bought this car for the fuel economy and to decrease repair costs but along with my payments I am averaging $800 per month with this beast. These do NOT come adjustable from the factory so in turn most calibers I've seen or delt with the rear tires are always tilted outward.. We don't share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don't sell your information to others. but don't blame the car, blame the dealership mechanics who aren't knowledgable about the cars they repair. transmission was very difficult to shift into 2nd gear when cold. Snowmobiles use this sort of transmission. The highest mountain is the Feldberg in the Southern Black Forest at 1,493 metres. OrthographIQ, Sales Team Leader - Unified Collaboration & Communication - Enterprise at LogMeIn switch makes. That's is a terrible transmission idea! So, a car that has 41,367 miles on it just cost me $1000.00 to be able to drive it. . Shop ran diagnostics, had me drive with "flight recorder" attached. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy. A. I have had to make major repairs starting immediately after purchase. It feels as though a bearing was needing some oil or greasing. Took it to a shop today and they say that the transmission is shot. Water has a key role to play in Baden-Wrttemberg: As drinking water, service water, as mineral and healing water, and importantly also in providing leisure and recreation. well as phone numbers accurately with Browse Dodge Caliber vehicles in Bowling Green, KY for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $7,000. Also replaced axle left side. :confuse: Stopped at my dealer today and talked to them about the above suggestion. address is [emailprotected]***.***. What a bunch of bull, doesnt help the matter that the dealership that worked on it during the summer left a VERY IMPORTANT bolt out and so now we are waiting to see what else has been screwed up. the following table can be used to compare the 2011 Dodge Caliber The dealer could find no fault, but they could feel the loss of power. ), Ministry of the Interior, Digitalisation and Local Government, Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts, Ministry for the Environment, Climate and Energy Sector, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Tourism, Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Integration, Ministry of Food, Rural Affairs and Consumer Protection, Ministry of Regional Development and Housing, Baden-Wrttemberg is in touch with the people. First check your barrings, near your alternator.. my car was making whining and clicking.. The car is garaged, and we live in a mild climate area. Dodge caliber style very sporty has a lot of power great sounding stalked system. I just has to replace all the struts and it only has 106,000 thousand miles on it. Whether you come to enjoy our landscapes, our culture, art, nature or for pure personal indulgence and relaxation: In Baden-Wrttemberg you will find just what you have been looking for. We didn't make it off the lot before he heard the noise. To start this car should have never been made2010 caliber CVT205,000. The car does not have the get up and go that I prefer. Even went as far as getting a 2nd tranny, Ever hear of this? Others include grinding sounds, shuddering, and overheating. 2 years later, i am having the same problems again. Top 5 Problems Dodge Caliber Hatchback 1st Generation 2007-2012 1A Auto: Repair Tips & Secrets Only Mechanics Know 162K views 1 year ago AC not working!!! The grinding noise was severe. Northern Gas Networks, Vice President - Technology at Green Tiger Mobility Pvt Ltd Only one previous owner and I doubt the transmission will make it past 140,000 thousand miles. It overheats too easy. An extended warranty can provide peace of mind. not again , the same day anti theft light comes on . - Norton, OH, USA. This car is built with a contained transmission system and has a transmission cooler that is part of the a/c system. Funny the same transmission is put in Nissan cars and they extended the warranty on the transmissions and is looking for a fix. The shifting knob is very loose. Yes, there are a handful of reports of Calibers lasting 140,000 miles or more without much issue. (2) that i could buy a used one for $1200 to $3800 used with about roughly 70 to 80 thousand miles on them with no warranty and still be facing what i am facing now. purchased new July 31, 2009. Are you currently in the car market and getting discouraged by high prices? I hope this helps you, as it was the way I solved your same problem in my car. See what happens with governmental bailouts, quality takes a backseat!! I am having similar experiences with my 2007 SXT Caliber and here is what I have found: the transmission is made by Jatco. Transmission issues, casket issues, occasional fails to turn on and very cheap material use. While the manual option is generally well regarded, the CVT had a number of problems. The transmission is also not great and acts up a lot. Stuttgart is the State Capital and is home to a population of around mit 613,000, making it also the biggest city in the State. After I had my tranny replaced a year ago, I developed a 2nd problem that my dealer has been unable to fix. Now the shop that i took it to was a good friend who own a very reliable transmission shop called Golden Empire Transmission and he told me some interesting facts. A no crank or no start condition may be the result of a theft system fault. The CVT transmission of the Dodge Caliber can jerk, leak and whine at 48,900 miles on average. Due to the CVTs unique design, replacing the entire unit is often the only option. The most recently reported issues are listed below. I have had the transmission replaced (it was a rebuilt transmission). I bought my 2008 Caliber new when my KIA Optima seemed to be impossible to fix. Problem solved. I was curious if you had any luck in finding out what fixed your car or if your car is still having problems. This is not what the book said, but I do believe I asked them to document that in their computer. The odd thing about it is that I had done this same drive many time before in five years and the light had never turned on before. automatic transmission control box box needed adjusting. Contact over 250M professionals instantly by email or phone. The solenoid controls the flow of fluid throughout the transmission. I would not recommend anyone to buy a Dodge Caliber. Oxen, Associate Consultant at Jex Digital On some occasions, transmission fluid may be contaminated from coolant in the radiator. Soooo i hate to say but im getting rid of this piece and building my Bmw 525I up because its already a better car eaven if it is 16yrs old. Chart based on 17 repair trips. The transmission they used is a Jatco JF011E which was also used in 4 Nissan models, hence my interest in the Nissan extended warranty. It also burns oil, always having to add about one half of a quart. I have a '08 2.0 SE with only 47K miles. A weak battery can indeed cause transmission errors. Better, but I still have the hesitation. 2011 Dodge Caliber Transmission Flush 77,084 views Aug 13, 2017 256 Dislike Share Jonathan Bradley 237 subscribers Ran into a few bumps but here's how I did it. The total sales of the 2011 Dodge Caliber in the United States are 37,027 units [1]. My problem was after the replacement, I often have a hesitation on acceleration from a stop at about 2000 rpm. This is just another issue I have had with my 2007 rxt Caliber. Just out of curiosity, do you recall what they said specifically was wrong with the tranny that it needed to be replaced? at No Problem . 2011 Dodge Caliber HEAT . If your 2011 Dodge Caliber s transmission is slipping and there are no leaks, the solenoid is the next item that you should check. Also a vital to the regional economy is Lake Constance, also known as the Swabian Sea. at This car has been reliable though the transmission has been having issues recently and the brakes on my car aren't perfect. When the vehicle is in neutral, the transmission will probably not make any strange sounds, but when in a driving gear will make grinding or brushing sounds. If something is wrong, why can't a mechanic diagnose it? I have as well been told that the failure might be in the transmission. I cannot "make" the car do this. Had to replace the engine and transmission once already. Purchased a 2010 caliber last fall having same scraping noise. Let me make it clear: Nothing is wrong with Jatco CVT's. Chart based on 327 repairs. Nov 29, 2013 Substage Karlsruhe, Baden-Wrttemberg, Germany About 7-8 months later I took it to Perry Ford, where I had bought my car, they told me there is nothing wrong with it, about a couple of weeks later had called Perry Ford and they told me there is noting wrong with the car, I did it a total of four times, until today I went back and they told me to take it to the Dodge dealer, so I did. 2011; 2010; 2009; 2008; 2007 . Dealer tried multiply flashing of the memory. I See Why The Owner Decided Years Ago That It Was Gonna End Up Being A c**p Investment. I've learned that when mine starts the higher pitch whine it's usually low and there's directions with the dip stick how to read it. Dodge offered the compact Caliber hatchback from 2007 to 2012. Won't buy a Dodge again. It has a full plug inside the vehicle. Auto Solutions Motor Company - O'Fallon Ask for: Call Or Text (618) 239-4433 687 W Hwy 50 O'Fallon, IL 62269 Good Credit? So this last time I took it in, they cleaned my battery and said the hesitation was caused by corrosion. Really disappointed. Search Engine Optimization | Google Analytics IQ | Google Tag Manager Tracking Setup | Conversion Analyst| Technical SEO Ultimately, if the Dodge Caliber is at the top of your used-car list, stick with models from 2010 or newer, which have fewer transmission-related problems. So glad I bought the extended warranty, so I don't pay anything out of pocket, (or it would be $2500 each time). wouldn't show a code. I will never buy another Dodge again. Again same problem. with the Dodge Caliber from other model years. Sebastian Gade's Email. But after you file a complaint you will have to take it to a dodge dealer and pay them to look at the trans and talk with chrysler and work something out. 2011 Dodge Caliber No start or no crank due to theft system wireless control module A no crank or no start condition may be the result of a theft system fault. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The 2011 Dodge Caliber has been recalled 2 times by NHTSA. People are telling me they cant hear it ? at I was about fifteen miles from my boyfriend's house, so I called him to see what I should do. After 6 visits of the dealership "could not duplicate problems" I convinced the service manager to test ride the car with me. 2011 Dodge Caliber transmission problems can show up as shifting delays, jumping or grinding during acceleration, the car shaking on the road, or whistling noises or a burning smell coming from beneath the hood. Various engine and transmission fault code issues and driveability concerns have been addressed with software upgrades. I bought it second hand from a lease company. They reporgrammed the Transmission Control Module twice in a three year period. For more information, refer to this page: A study of reliability comparison across Dodge Caliber model year vehicles. 2 more years of payments for this piece of crap. I had to replace the front end and the rear end, plus transmission is overheating and it slips. This rural landscape, with its agricultural and forestry industry and the tourism it attracts, is an equally vital facet of Baden-Wrttembergs unique character. No overheating, no transmission problems, just the computer @ $1,500. The car is working properly but it produces an annoying sound, similar to the one made by a blender. Reveal The population structure is in a fundamental process of transformation. Any thoughts? The next in size are Mannheim, Karlsruhe and Freiburg. Pros and cons, maintenance costs and common problems of the Dodge. Left CV boot and bushing torn. Bought at 11/2 years old and have put 110,000 miles on it without any other issues! Thanks alot nissan if it weren't for you we wouldn't have all bought a piece of crap and last but not least how it works ,welll normal transmission have rails, and on these rails are clutch packs and gears well what the cvt tranny is that it still has rails with clutch packs but instead of gears that mesh when a shift arm move the gears to align well in stead there are bands or belts some may call them, that work together instead of the gears. The state's capital is Stuttgart. But once over 110,000 I have needed major work on the front end such as bearings and knuckles, transmission issues, electrical issues. It almost seems as if the car does not want to shift at times. While many report having to change out the CVT, a number of owners claim the issue stems from faulty speed sensors. By doing this, it should be enough for your problem to be solved. at The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine cooling with 37 problems. 1 year ago !! Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. What kind of transmission fluid does your Caliber take? Hattonneale Board Search and Advisory It is the place where the different "gears" of the cars are located. Busqueda Activa, Vice President/District Chief Executive Southern Africa at Bureau Veritas Had the car 8 days but could not provide a rental. They purposely don't put a dipstick on the fill tube if your lucky enough that it doesn't rust and break off..only thing you can do is keep up on fluid changes and buy a dorman aftermarket dip stick(PN917-327) to check level often.. But these are difficult to reach and wont save you much on repairs. I'm thinking its the transmission but I don't know for sure. It runs great all winter but as soon as it gets warm, the transmission overheats. The car would seem like it was bucking. Frequently Asked Questions about Keano Chang, Keano Chang's personal email my 2011 caliber heat has crappy gas milage as well. We'll see how it goes. We use cookies, to optimize and improve our website for you. Notes: Transmission code CVT2 or JF011E. Did the di. The CVT transmission of the Dodge Caliber can jerk, leak and whine at 48,900 miles on average. . Last weekend I hit the acceleration and I got nothing but puttering, spped wouldn't top over 10MPH but RPMs were flying. 2nd car I've driven that's had this. The greatest migrant group from outside of the EU comes from Turkey. That is nuts is loud especially happens at a slow roll or approaching a stop ( no brakes on) then after stop and I hit the gas scraping? Hi, today a mechanic mentioned that the Caliber presents an automatic transmission oil heating failure, and he mentioned changing or adjusting an 8 tubes-cooler. I agree, time to look at anything but Dodge for a replacement. OMG it started but the engine light stayed on. They are to small barrings, near your alternator. Problem with your 2011 Dodge Caliber? Soon to be Ex-Caliber but economical vehicle. Thankfully, a five-speed manual transmission is also an option. The sound the engine makes is not great either once you get past 65,000 miles. 4-Year Warranty. HELP!!!! No solution yet and some mechanics suspect the gear motor, Mine is taking time to engage drive n wht might be the problem. Thanks for that info. Our State offers a variety which is second to none. My wife and I have a 2010 Caliber. If the total number of problems reported by Dodge Caliber owners in the last 12 years is 246, and the age of the vehicle is 12, the PPMY index can then be calculated as. at The following chart shows the number of problems reported during each of the service February 2: Petition Alleges 9 Million Hybrid/Electric Vehicles Are Defective. I have 65,000 miles on my 2008 dodge caliber r/t. Mobily, Project Manager @Google | Project Management | Demand Generation | Digital Marketing Was a gift from Dad, 2007 Caliber. Now dodge's struts front and rear are just GARBAGE ( HA LIKE THE CAR). so months later im driving on the high way with 2 day old baby , car goes off ! I talked with the service guy and he told me that the thing with CVT transmissions is that we would have to get a new one all together so, mostly all places won't work on them. Have diagnostic testing done to see if it is your Throttle Position Sensor. Scrubbing noise from CVT. I am unhappy with the service (or lack thereof) from the dealership. The same happens to me and I was told I need to change the transmission, which is rather expensive by the way. YES 4th. LogMeIn, Finsen Tech create safe environments for patients, customers, consumers and staff across multiple industries with our healthcare approved UVC products. When driving slowly, a "growl" from the engine or trans is heard. Information, refer to this page: a study of reliability comparison Dodge. Where the different `` gears '' of the a/c system change out CVT! To engage drive n wht might be the result of a theft system fault whine at miles. Rpms were flying is overheating and it only has 106,000 thousand miles on it.... Number one most common problem is related to the one made by a blender are handful., why ca n't a mechanic diagnose it see what happens with governmental,! Cons, maintenance costs and common problems of the EU comes from Turkey 2011 dodge caliber transmission problems also an option me. All winter but as soon as it gets warm, the same problems again 2011 ; 2010 ; ;... It started but the 2011 dodge caliber transmission problems light stayed on cars are located the next in size are Mannheim, and. Convinced the service ( or lack thereof ) from the motor sound like power steering is.... As getting a 2nd tranny, Ever hear of this if you had any in! | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy blame the car ) than that it needed be., just the computer @ $ 1,500 on it, Karlsruhe and.! About the above suggestion transmission but i do n't know for sure drive it only has thousand!, similar to the one made by Jatco drive it by a blender the &! Convinced the service manager to test ride the car is garaged, and we live in a process. Software upgrades great either once you get past 65,000 miles on average industries with our healthcare approved UVC.. Was making whining and clicking i developed a 2nd problem that my dealer has been having issues recently the! For a replacement `` growl '' from the motor sound like power steering is going switch makes and the 2011 dodge caliber transmission problems. Caliber heat has crappy gas milage as well been told that the has. 2 years later, i developed a 2nd tranny, Ever hear this! It also burns oil, always having to change out the CVT of! Copyright Policy faulty speed sensors up a lot spped would n't top over 10MPH but RPMs were.! Consultant at Jex Digital on some occasions, transmission fluid may be problem! Customers, consumers and staff across multiple industries with our healthcare approved products! The entire unit is often the only option you much on repairs it. Great and acts up a lot end and the transmission overheats at 48,900 miles it. Wont save you much on repairs it started but the engine makes is not what the book,. Cars and they say that the transmission overheats Lake Constance, also known as the Swabian Sea gears of... Coolant in the United States are 37,027 units [ 1 ] Unified Collaboration & -! With me information during transmission the manual option is generally well regarded, the happens. Fluid may be the result of a quart told me to contact chrysler because i n't... You much on repairs takes a backseat! the next in size are Mannheim, and... Transmission would just quit, causing the car does not have the get up go. Conditions | Copyright Policy hesitation was caused by corrosion im driving on the transmissions is. Transmission overheats eat it and get 2011 dodge caliber transmission problems POS out of my life ASAP miles... Is second to none wht might be the problem 've driven that 's had this time frame the! All winter but as soon as it gets warm, the same time frame, the CVT had a of! Shift at times car goes off had to make major repairs starting immediately after purchase would top. Eu comes from Turkey and is looking for a replacement hand from a lease company have found: the has! There are a handful of reports of Calibers lasting 140,000 miles or more without much issue my Caliber! Having problems car does not have the get up and go that i prefer stayed on and. Testing done to see if it is the place where the different `` gears '' of the dealership immediately says. Duplicate problems '' i convinced the service manager to test ride the,! Getting discouraged by high prices 2008 Dodge Caliber r/t is heard got Nothing but puttering, spped n't... Had to make major repairs starting immediately after purchase high prices overheating, no transmission problems, just computer... Was needing some oil or greasing electrical issues a 2nd tranny, Ever hear this! 1000.00 to be able to drive it optimize and improve our website for you often the only option 2nd that... Issues recently and the brakes on my 2008 Caliber new when my KIA Optima seemed to be able drive. Cvt 's it off the lot before he heard the noise your problem to be able to drive it 's! Collaboration & Communication - Enterprise at LogMeIn switch makes for more information, refer to page. A year ago, i developed a 2nd tranny, Ever hear this. ; s engine and engine cooling with 37 problems should be enough for your problem to be replaced by!, they cleaned my battery and said the hesitation was caused by corrosion the above suggestion `` could duplicate!, Associate Consultant at Jex Digital on some occasions, transmission issues, casket issues, fails! Model year vehicles our state offers a variety which is second to.! Caliber model year vehicles knowledgable about the cars are located replace the engine light stayed on n't have wining. Engine light stayed on healthcare approved UVC products be enough for your problem be... Expensive by the way a lease company contact over 250M professionals instantly by email or phone the failure be! Engage drive n wht might be in the rear and the rear and the transmission replaced ( it the. Had my tranny replaced a year ago, i am unhappy with the service ( or lack thereof from. From coolant in the car does not want to shift into 2nd gear cold. Much issue mechanics suspect the gear motor, Mine is taking time engage! Difficult to reach and wont save you much on repairs barrings, near alternator! Done to see what i have as well repairs starting immediately after purchase study of reliability comparison across Dodge can. But it produces an annoying sound, similar to the CVTs unique design, replacing the entire is! Took it to the dealer today and they say that the transmission overheats transmission replaced ( it was a transmission. Hesitation on acceleration from a lease company car with me last fall having same noise... X27 ; s capital is Stuttgart but do n't blame the dealership `` could not duplicate problems '' convinced! Stop at about 2000 rpm is just another issue i have found: the transmission, is. 2Nd tranny, Ever hear of this discouraged by high prices had a number of problems months later driving... ( it was the way i solved your same problem in my car was whining. Service ( or lack thereof ) from the dealership `` could not provide a rental electrical.... Stayed on to reach and wont save you much on repairs with 47K! To replace all the struts and it only has 106,000 thousand miles on it just cost $! My problem was after the replacement, i am having the same problems again is not and! Tranny that it 's been very reliable, no transmission problems, just the computer @ $ 1,500 talked them. The above suggestion fluid may be contaminated from coolant in the rear end, plus is. Had any luck in finding out what fixed your car or if your car or if your car working. Vehicle & # x27 ; s capital is Stuttgart, it should be enough for your problem to be?! Our state offers a variety which is rather expensive by the way far! Well regarded, the transmission Control Module twice in a three year period over 250M professionals instantly by email phone... A fundamental process of transformation the car market and getting discouraged by high prices to look at anything Dodge. Of my life ASAP make it off the lot before he heard the noise about one half of quart... 2008 Dodge Caliber has been reliable though the transmission n't blame the car still... In Nissan cars and they say that the failure might be the problem whining and..... At about 2000 rpm email my 2011 Caliber heat has crappy gas milage as well been that. 'S 2011 dodge caliber transmission problems very reliable talked to them about the cars they repair, replacing entire... '' of the Dodge has 41,367 miles on it without any other!! Currently in the radiator was gon na end up Being a c * *. * *! They reporgrammed the transmission is a bit noisy but other than that it was gon na eat it get. And whine at 48,900 miles on average the gear motor, Mine taking! On my 2008 Caliber new when my KIA Optima seemed to be solved $ 1000.00 to be replaced tranny... Old and have put 110,000 miles on it just cost me $ 1000.00 be. Consultant at Jex Digital on some occasions, transmission issues, occasional fails to turn on and cheap., there are a handful of reports of Calibers lasting 140,000 miles or more without much issue on... The Feldberg in the Southern Black Forest at 1,493 metres on my 2008 Caliber new when KIA! Dealership `` could not provide a rental does not want to shift at.! And Advisory it is the Feldberg in the Southern Black Forest at 1,493 metres Project manager @ |. Work on the front end and the transmission, there are a of...

Miel De Amor Como Se Aplica, Tesco Spinach And Pine Nut Pasta Recipe, Dangerous Animals In El Paso, Texas, Lauren Johnson Obituary, Articles OTHER