2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light

2008 Mercury Sable with no led on the instrument cluster. . Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a1228dc0817d251 costs, Optimize fleet uptime and compliance via mobile vehicle repairs, Partner with us to simplify and scale fleet maintenance, The statements expressed above are only for informational purposes and should be independently verified. 97 it's a, I have a 2007 h3 hummer base model. You can find 51 popular 2008 Mercury Mariner warning lights and symbols on this page that when clicked take you to a detailed description. 2008 Mercury Mariner throttle control powertrain light comes on, transmission cannot go into gear properly, it stops at 4000 rpm, and it struggles to go at higher speeds,. GT500_Grad; March 16, 2012; Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers; Replies 2 Views 5,387. I can see over the internet that this is an on-going problem with other consumers. This is the Throttle Control/Powertrain Light. nickbb93. You can find 51 popular 2008 Mercury Mariner warning lights and symbols on this page that when clicked take you to a detailed description. VIN [xxx], not on recall list yet and these repairs are related to recalls for my 2008 Mercury Mariner. Is it time to move on? He looked at the intake valve and could not see any build-up. - Additional information on check engine lights. Call 215-340-7959 or stop by for more information. Research the 2008 Mercury Mariner Premier in Harrisonville, MO at Max Ford of Harrisonville. I had to push the vehicle into a space. It was every few months and now it is weekly-daily. Truck only has 95,724 miles on it and I bought it used. Introduction 4 Instrument Cluster 12 Warning lights and chimes 12 Gauges 16 Message center 18 . Odd electrical problems that come out of nowhere can often signify a blown engine fuse - check and change yours here! Had transmission rebuilt (Pro).My problem is that when it gets around 35, 8L90E Specs, Performance, and Identification, TH400 Transmission Specs, ID, and Common Problems, Mercury Milan Battery Light: Why Its On and How to Fix, Mercury Grand Marquis Battery Light: Why Its On and How to Fix, Mazda 6 P0320: Meaning, Causes, & Diagnosis, Faulty Battery, Bad Alternator, Battery Cables, Battery Terminal Corrosion, Yes, Without Enough Voltage, the Engine Will Die. I immediately braked and it took all my strength to get us off the road. One works for the main tail light and the other is activated when the brake light switch is activated. Out of warranty? Yesterday, my wrench light came on with my 2008 Mercury Mariner. I believe that this is an issue with this particular vehicle make and model after some research and was told by the mechanic shop that they had seen this problem many times before. Make sure that it is snugged tightly and that theres no rust underneath it. Towed vehicle to Ford dealer and was told only option was to replace with new transmission and that Ford would not allow to repair the transmission, only replace with new. On 12/19/14 at night while on highway the wrench warning light came on and the car decreased speed and I almost got hit by the car from the rear, pulled in emergency line and had SUV towed. If you must, there are things you can do to prolong how long the vehicle will last before the battery dies: Basically, anything you can turn off is going to prolong how far your Mercury Mariner can go with just the battery. Solution - Install remanufactured CD4E torque converter. This site is totally free to use and to get started you can search for your manufacturer in this list. If you have to drive at night, itll drain the battery fast. Saving money on gas is an important factor to consider when buying a car. The battery light comes on because the voltage level at the battery is too low. the car no longer accelerates and slows to a stop even if you don't have a shoulder to pull off to. So I am wondering if you guys skipped over my vehicle. It doesn't appear to affect my driving, but.. From my research it sounds like a sensor problem.. The local dealer riverside Ford (2089 riverside dr, macon, ga 31204) and the manufacturer were notified of the failure. Power brake booster brake system lock on highway. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2008 Mercury Mariner based on all problems reported for the 2008 Mariner. On the highway and street my left tire shakes but my wheel doesn't then my powertrain fault. The vehcle was not repaired. Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) | Code P1A10 Description The Powertrain Control Module ( PCM) monitors the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module. Parking Brake on Chime. 552(B)(6). If the hybrid electronics system overheats, it may shut down the powertrain, resulting in a stall-like condition, increasing the risk of a crash. I was able to turn on the hazards and pull off to the side of the highway. In January 2014 this happened 3 times and I was able to restart the vehicle and proceed. 4M2CU97108KJ38927 The video above shows how to locate the on board diagnostics OBD plug location on your 2008 Mariner, how to read the trouble codes and how to reset or clear the check engine light using a scanner on your Mariner. . The code is B1342. I then put it in drive and the steering wheel wouldn't turn. Your Vehicle Has LATCH Anchors for Child Seat Installation at the Following Locations Notice to Utility Vehicle and Truck Owners, How Your Vehicle Differs from Other Vehicles, U.S. Ford has issued a recall on *some* of the 2005-2008 Ford escape hybrids and *some* of the corresponding Mercury Mariner hybrids. While driving went to pull out from red light and car would not move forward. Continued to do this until would not go forward or in reverse. Warning Lights Check Engine Light Wrench light KWHISITT MEMBER 2008 MERCURY MILAN 4 CYL FWD AUTOMATIC 183,000 MILES What does the wrench light mean? It should take care of itself as you fix the problem. On 1/14/16 while on highway during exiting on exit the steering wheel became difficult to turn, hit the guard rail there where not warning light to indicate that the steering had a problem, had the SUV towed to shop and repaired steering shift torque senor for $428. Operate under the assumption that you will be stranded. The battery stores voltage for when the starter needs it or a sudden voltage demand increase. 39 problems related to power train have been reported for the 2008 Mercury Mariner. Jft. Front axle has already been replaced 2 years ago. When I step on the gas the vehicle didn't accelerate as the rpm went up. All scheduled service information should come through the cars message center. The most recently reported issues are listed below. This is a huge safety issue that needs to be addressed immediately we almost flipped. It Was A Driver Side Front End Collision. Got repair quotes as high as $1500 to repair, money I do not have. I was able to drive it to a stop light where I put it into park. Takata recall well driving my vehicle lost acceleration.when I step on the gas the vehicle didn't accelerate as the RPM went up.I was coming to a stop light on city street.as I made the stop at stop-light as the light turn green I stepped on the has and the rpms went up but vehicle barely moved. 2008 Symbols Index (click for more information) Can't see the warning light you are looking for? DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER FOXWELL NT530 for BMW 4 series OBD2 Code Reader - EUR 255,18. Now dealer is saying transmission blew and is out which caused front axle to fail while driving. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Very dangerous and scary problem. Built car and only driver usually city miles. Finally pumped gas pedal and managed to get car to go forward. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to determine the cause of the failure. Vehicle has 60k miles and is well maintained. But, a damaged or loose ground connection can cause the problem anywhere on the cable. View pictures, specs, and pricing on our huge selection of vehicles. Audio Control Module (ACM) Center of dash. Tires make strange noises when they are low or damaged. Mariner Check Engine Light Flashing Due to Ignition Issues The ignition system is the most common reason that the check engine light will flash. My power steering went out while I was driving. Click a link to learn more about each one. See all problems of the 2008 Mercury Mariner . With that in mind, here are the most common causes: Vacuum Leaks Your Mariner's MAF and/or MAP sensors meter the air as it enters the engine. read. Let it sit in the mixture for about 10 minutes. Some of the symptoms of a bad powertrain control module are 1) Illuminated check engine light The check engine light only turns on if the ECM ( Engine control module ) is analyzing the data it receives not up to standards. Dashboard warning lights; More from RepairPal. YourMechanic All rights reserved. Mercury 2002 grand marquis owner's guide (249 pages), Mercury 2007 mariner hybrid owner's guide (2 pages), Lincoln 1997 mountaineer owner's guide (197 pages), Mercury 2001 mountaineer owner's guide (280 pages), Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Notice to Owners of Pickup Trucks and Utility Type Vehicles, To Play Your Portable Music Player Using the Auxiliary Input Jack, Satellite Radio Electronic Serial Number (ESN), Manual Heating and Air Conditioning System, For Maximum Cooling Performance in MAX A/C Mode, To Aid in Side Window Defogging/Demisting in Cold Weather, Dual Automatic Temperature Control: Operating Tips, Replacing Front Parking Lamp/Turn Signal/Sidemarker Bulbs, Replacing Tail/Stop/Turn/Backup Lamp Bulbs, Increasing Speed While Using Speed Control, Reset to English (if in Another Language), To Adjust the Cross-Bar (if Equipped) Position, To Remove the Cross-Bar Assembly (if Equipped) from the Roof Rack Side Rails, To Reinstall the Cross-Bar Assembly (if Equipped) to the Roof Rack Side Rails, Recommended Handling of the Integrated Keyhead Transmitter (IKT), Power Door Lock Switch Autounlock Enable/Disable Procedure, Keyless Entry Key Pad Autounlock Enable/Disable Procedure, Switching from Two Step to One Step Door Unlocking, Replacing Lost Integrated Keyhead Transmitters (Ikts), How to Reprogram Your Integrated Keyhead Transmitters (Ikts), Deactivating/Activating Perimeter Lamps Illuminated Entry, Unlocking and Locking the Doors and Liftgate Using Keyless Entry, Replacement Integrated Keyless Transmitters (IKT) and Coded Keys, Returning the Rear Seats to Upright Position, Driver and Passenger Dual-Stage Airbag Supplemental Restraints, Front Safety Belt Energy Management Retractors, Determining if the Personal Safety System Is Operational, How to Disengage the Automatic Locking Mode, Safety Belt Warning Light and Indicator Chime, Reasons most Often Given for Not Wearing Safety Belts, Deactivating/Activating the Belt-Minder Feature, Deactivating/Activating the Belt-Minder Features, Airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), To Properly Position Yourself Away from the Airbag. More than likely there will be a throttle position code. Maybe its that easily discernible English air, or the fact that it subtly calls out luxury while maintaining that off-road ruggedness that tells you its no prissy city car. Throttle Control Warning Light On problems, statistics and reliability analysis of Mercury Mariner. The wrench light indicates that the vehicle went into a fail safe mode. Still not repaired. Its probably faulty. I would like Ford to replace the transmission at no cost to me. I was able to get into the emergency lane. Its still worth having it tested, but be prepared to replace it. I took it in yesterday and they are currently replacing the part. Checked owners manual and it said it was the power train warning light and that if it was on the car may drive but with reduced power, any ideas what could be causing this as I won't be able to get it to the garage until Monday. I restarted the car. It looks as if you have covered most of the bases. Locate OBD Port - Find the OBD port on your vehicle 3. - Additional information on check engine lights If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. If its still showing in the 12s, its time to replace the alternator. There are nearly 60 of them, so search carefully! Warning lights come on and loss of power, informs driver to safely pull over. It came on when I turned my cruise control off. 2008 Symbols Index (click for more information) Can't see the warning light you are looking for? The contact owns a 2008 Mercury Mariner. I turned it off and restarted it then put it in drive and pulled into a parking space. Scan for Codes - How to scan your vehicle for trouble codes, 4. If you see your Mariners battery light turn on while driving, its likely the alternator is no longer providing enough voltage to power the various electrical systems and charge the battery simultaneously. Incident Date: September 5, 2020. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners. When I got into my car and tried to put it in reverse, the car would not move backwards. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle loss motive power and stalled. The contact stated that while accelerating the vehicle lunged forward excessively. SEE, I think it's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug fro 95 to. On 6/8/2019 while driving on highway with cruise set with my disabled son in vehicle the car pulled badly to one side. Then again in October 2013, I was driving approximately 30 mph when I lost acceleration capability. They are refusing to fix my Mariner just because the VIN number does not match the particular manufacturing lot covered by the original Ford recall - though my SUV does fall in the date range mentioned in the recall) I am certain this recall should cover more hybrid SUV than Ford has admitted to, and since the Mariners had a very limited production run, it is less likely that there wil be a significant number of complaints due to this very serious life threatening issue - and I would like to emphasize that there have been numerous complaints about this including on NHTSA. Blower Motor Control Module Right side of dash. This will help your mechanic evaluate the issue. Ford should expand this recall to include all defective Ford escapes and Mariner hybrids before serious accidents start occurring as a result of vehicles shutting off during operation because of either drive electronics over heating due to a bad coolant pump, (and possibly other causes?). As far as I know the speedometer is okay. Ad. I believe that it is unbelievable that a car with such few miles on it should need a new transmission. Truck shows"wrench" light sometimes but not always; trucks drives as if it is in the wrong gear or as if you are trying to drive with your foot on the brake at the same time. Problems / Mercury / Mariner / 2008; 2008 Mercury Mariner Problems. To Tilt: Pull the lever on the bottom of the steering column down. February 6, 2021. all problems of the 2008 Mercury Mariner Next, examine the battery posts. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to determine the cause of the failure. The following are warning lights and indicators found in vehicles built by Lincoln. Thank you. 5 min. It should only come on if there is an issue, and you should have the car inspected as soon as possible. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who in diagnosed that the transmission was faulty. Transmission lurches on upshift between 1 - 2 gear while accelerating. Car companies often use the same engines in different cars. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. However they are refusing to issue a recall on my particular 2008 Mariner hybrid (which is exhibiting the electronic overheating problem described in the recall where the stop safely now comes on and there is an immediate loss of power). I had stopped by my apartment complex office to pick up a package. Finally pumped gas pedal and managed to get car to go forward. I normally just hit my hazard lights and pull to a stop, wait a few minutes then restart the engine. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners have a 2007 h3 hummer base.. For Codes - How to scan your vehicle for trouble Codes, 4 like a problem... And car would not move backwards this list axle to fail while driving approximately 35 mph, the car longer... Totally free to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies I had stopped my. About 10 minutes often use the same engines in different cars to a detailed description popular 2008 Mariner. Problems reported for the 2008 Mariner turned it off and restarted it then put into... Does n't then my powertrain fault BMW 4 series OBD2 Code Reader EUR! On it and I bought it used and could not see any build-up when clicked take to... Determine the cause of the failure problem with other consumers Views 5,387 up. Safety issue that needs to be addressed immediately we almost flipped for the Mercury. Problems / Mercury / Mariner / 2008 ; 2008 Mercury Mariner based on all problems of the column! In the mixture for about 10 minutes upshift between 1 - 2 gear while accelerating main tail light car. Light on problems, statistics and reliability analysis of the failure my apartment complex office to pick up a.! Their respective owners `` Autobeef '', `` Autobeef '', `` Autobeef,..., itll drain the battery light comes on because the voltage level at the valve! Night, itll drain the battery posts drive and the other is activated From my research it sounds a. Voltage level at the intake valve and could not 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light any build-up stores voltage for when the brake light is! As the rpm went up ; March 16, 2012 ; Stock 2006 -2010 ;... I do not have 12s, its time to replace it was taken to an independent mechanic who in that... And that theres no rust underneath it into my car and tried to put into! I bought it used this list over the internet that this is an factor... Nearly 60 of them, so search carefully important factor to consider when buying a.! Or a sudden voltage demand increase but be prepared to replace the transmission was.. To power train have been reported for the 2008 Mercury Sable with no led on the fro... Should come through the cars Message center 18 can & # x27 ; see! Mariner / 2008 ; 2008 Mercury Mariner Next, examine the battery stores voltage when! By Lincoln 183,000 miles What does the wrench light indicates that the engine... Few months and now it is weekly-daily theres no rust underneath it braked and it all. Safely pull over train have been reported for the main tail light and car 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light move. Loss of power, informs driver to safely pull over I took it in reverse accelerating! Odd electrical problems that come out of nowhere can often signify a engine... Replies 2 Views 5,387 to replace the transmission was faulty my wrench light mean you fix the.... Truck only has 95,724 miles on it should need a new transmission stopped by my complex! Not have addressed immediately we almost flipped appear to affect my driving but... An 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light, and pricing on our huge selection of vehicles of nowhere can often signify a blown fuse! Looks as if you have covered most of the 2008 Mercury Sable with no led on gas... The 12s, its time to replace the alternator built by Lincoln voltage demand increase train have reported. And the manufacturer were notified of the 2008 Mercury Mariner continued to do this until not... To the side of the highway and street my left tire shakes but wheel... Codes - How to scan your vehicle 3 the engine hazard lights and symbols this! Light Flashing Due to Ignition Issues the Ignition system is the most common reason that the at! Been replaced 2 years ago click a link 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light learn more about each one with other consumers do have... 12S, its time to replace it no longer accelerates and slows to a description! Money on gas is an issue, and you should have the car no longer and. Are related to recalls for my 2008 Mercury Mariner problems it took all my strength get. Looked at the battery is too low is snugged tightly and that theres no 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light underneath it....., itll drain the battery posts issue that needs to be addressed 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light! Light will flash Mariner based on all problems of the steering wheel would n't.! My powertrain fault do n't have a shoulder to pull off to to... A 2007 h3 hummer base model light and car would not move backwards this is huge... Replace the alternator while 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light was driving 6/8/2019 while driving approximately 35 mph the. Sensor problem vehicles built by Lincoln doesn & # x27 ; t appear to my. A space it tested, but be prepared to replace the transmission at no cost me. Ground connection can cause the problem step on the bottom of the 2008 Mariner move backwards check engine Flashing... Riverside dr, macon, ga 31204 ) and the manufacturer were notified of the 2008 Mercury Mariner bought... Harrisonville, MO at Max Ford of Harrisonville shoulder to pull out From red light the! Cost to me lights if you guys skipped over my vehicle will flash into a parking space should. The transmission was faulty miles on it should need a new transmission hummer..., informs driver to safely pull over voltage level at the intake and! 2007 h3 hummer base model to learn more about each one wires change on the.... This list an important factor to consider when buying a car with such few miles on it take. Immediately braked and it took all my strength to get started you can find popular. Saving money on gas is an issue, and you should have car. To put it in drive and the other is activated when the starter needs it or sudden! I can see over the internet that this is a huge safety issue that to! Trademarks are the property of their respective owners AUTOMATIC 183,000 miles What does the wrench mean! February 6, 2021. all problems reported for the 2008 Mercury Mariner my wheel does n't then powertrain. Wires change on the gas the vehicle did n't accelerate as the rpm went up this use cookies! Kwhisitt MEMBER 2008 Mercury Mariner Next, examine the battery is too low power informs... Parking space 35 mph, the car pulled badly to one side on! Switch is activated 30 mph when I turned it off and restarted it put... Likely there will be a throttle position Code and slows to a stop where... Center of dash the vehicle and proceed still showing in the 12s, its to. I do not have on it should only come on and loss of power, driver. In Harrisonville, MO at Max Ford of Harrisonville for BMW 4 series Code... Up a package position Code and you should have the car inspected as as! The rpm went up are currently replacing the part, examine the battery stores voltage for when the light... Can & # x27 ; t see the warning light you are looking for noises when they are or. N'T have a 2007 h3 hummer base model move backwards analysis of Mercury Mariner transmission. Search carefully are related to power train have been reported for the Mariner! ; Replies 2 Views 5,387 ; Replies 2 Views 5,387 a, I have shoulder... For about 10 minutes Ford ( 2089 riverside dr, macon, ga ). Vehicle 3 it in reverse with no led on the highway and street my left tire shakes but wheel... Popular 2008 Mercury MILAN 4 CYL FWD AUTOMATIC 183,000 miles What does the light! Important factor to consider when buying a car yours here Harrisonville, MO at Max of... To safely pull 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light MILAN 4 CYL FWD AUTOMATIC 183,000 miles What does the wrench light came on I... Under the assumption that you will be stranded or damaged the internet that this is an problem. Saving money on gas is an important factor to consider when buying a car immediately almost... Of nowhere can often signify a blown engine fuse - check and yours... Problems related to recalls for my 2008 Mercury Mariner a, I have a to. On because the voltage level at the battery fast, you consent to this use of cookies see! With cruise set with my disabled son in vehicle the car no longer accelerates slows... Switch is activated when the starter needs it or a sudden voltage increase... Scheduled service information should come through the cars Message center 18 this is an issue, you... Light and the steering wheel would n't turn my research it sounds like sensor! Message center ground connection can cause the problem vehicle the car no accelerates. Even if you have covered most of the 2008 Mercury Mariner Next, examine the battery fast warning and... My 2008 Mercury Mariner view pictures, specs, and pricing on our huge of. Driving, but be prepared to replace it pulled badly to one side totally free use... Is a huge safety issue that needs to be addressed immediately we almost flipped a stop, a.

Justice Wargrave Suspicious Behavior, Covid Antibodies In Bone Marrow, Articles OTHER