10:30 candy bar

Shipping. Does the company who made them still exist? Yeah! By 1915, they had nine stores in Manhattan, one in Brooklyn, and one in Syracuse, NY as well as the facility in Boston. As a dark chocolate addict for 30 years, it can be a struggle to find enough variety besides the 70% dark cocoa bars one can now purchase in Wal Mart or . This site is blowing my mind!! They must have had a hard drug in them because they were not available very long. Saturated Fat . I'm sure they'd be a huge seller. Indeed, there is a cry throughout the land for the 10:30 bar! Im in Oswego NY and absolutely loved 10:30 bars!..We all hope someone would remake it but when you cant find a picture of it can we even hope the recipe is even available? Go ahead and taste the explosion! - to get a petition to someone to make this delectable treat again! I don't remember who made either. I must have been 5 or 6 years old, and can still taste this candy to this day. It almost makes me wanna cry Milk Duds on Amazon 4. :-(, I grew up in Whitestone Queens NY and use get the 10:30 bar out of the vending machine in the local bowling Ally that was the only place that sold them. I to can close my eyes and remember the taste. Oh man my pop used to give me a dollar to take to school to buy pizza for lunch and at least once a week i would buy FOUR bars for lunch and not even think about the pizza or anything healthy. . It has been fun to read other memories of them and find I am not alone because no one I know remembers them either. Photos of actor Miranda Cosgrove posing with Quaker bars show that they weighed 0.84 ounces . The Schrafft Company prospered over the years, but eventually fell o hard times. Wow! I loved the 10:30 bar! Learn how your comment data is processed. When your idea of the perfect candy bar is all about peanutty goodness, then we've got you covered. Edgar P. Lewis Candy Co. (f. 1922) in Malden, Mass. Here are our Top 10 Candies from the 1930's. #1. it may have had some crisped rice in the chocolate because I remember the surface was kind of irregular, not smooth like a Kit Kat. I have a sweet tooth as much as the next guy but between the sugar wafer, carmel and the sickening ivory chocolate it was diabetes city. 1 received 10 points, voted No. I remember it was white and the other wrapping was clear so you could see the bar right through the wrapper. The candy bar consisted of a chocolate frosting and marshmallow center, covered with milk or dark chocolate. After that, I don't ever recall seeing the 10:30 candy bar again, sadly. There might be a problem with artificial flavors though.that could be anything. OMG, I almost wanted to think I had imagined the whole thing too, but I distinctly remember purchasing this delicious one of a kind candy bar from a corner store a block and a half away from my house in Brooklyn during the early 70s! I actually remember ANOTHER candy bar that was identical to the To en Thirty but just went by a different monikor - like the 'west if the Rockies' Hellmans Mayo name boingo-chango :-D So glad to see I am not alone missing this candy bar LOL -scuba2x2. lol So yummy!! I loved them. Dalton discusses the Louisville Cardinals being included in 2024 top-100 prospect Kylan Fox's initial list cut, and how the Cardinals can regain the momentum in this recruitment. And yes! //-->, Loading images, if this message doesn't go away you may need to enable javascript in order to see pictures. Jawbreakers Candy. The email is --> 'press@schraffts.com'. Suppose that a candy company makes a candy bar whose weight is supposed to . Wow! I too thought that as many as these bars I'd buy everyday would have kept the company in business. Does the "recipe" exist? Other candies and chewing gums have come back from oblivion. Thank goodness! God we licked out the last crumb! Does anyone know who made them? Rally (candy bar) Rally is a candy bar manufactured by The Hershey Company. it was a cinnamon that added to the great taste. Save 30% Now! l lol. I remember as a kid coming home from school and buying this candy. google_ad_channel = "9301152533"; Isn't that strange? You are all correct, the best candy bar ever!!! They had some kind of connection with Schraft Candies. Thanks for the pleasant memories! I'm a true candy junkie and this candy was scrumptious. WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! google_color_link = "A74403"; Now, here's a tricky one: I seem to remember that, at one point, there were two varieties of this bar. A. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). The NEW Mission Impossible (?) MIKE, The candy was made the Schrafft's Candy Company in Charlestown, MA. The Object: 1030 Candy Bar The Mission: TO FIND IT! Ah yes. They had see-thru package if I can remember because I remember they were white with red drizzled stripes. This old-fashioned candy has been enjoyed plenty over the years, Chick-O-Stick candy first came out in 1938. I wish I could find it again to bring me back to my childhood. That candybar was the best! I am glad I do!!! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. After school, my friends and I hanging out at the 7-11, putting our "next up" quarters on the new Space Invaders video game and hitting up the candy isle. I was in fourth grade and lived in Springfield, MA. What ever happened to that candy bar? MAN I developed a cavity or 2 eating these candy bars! Reese's Pieces Candy became an even bigger hit in 1982 when our adorable alien friend E.T. google_ad_width = 120; Agree with so many of these comments, what would it take to request these be reintroduced by the manufacturer? Man, you talk about memories. Price at time of publish: $3.29 Best White Ghirardelli Premium Baking White Chocolate Courtesy of Instacart Although Marathon candy bars are not named after the marathon, for runners, the marathon bars are a good energy bar choice. I seem to recall a cinnamon flavor in there somewhere, too. Not sure where I would get them, though. Every since I can remember it has stuck in my mind, and I will be forever looking for them so that I can experience that light airy vanilla and strawberry taste again:). Now it seems like the market is dominated by Hershey and Mars. They were sooooo good. Memories at its best!! I thought I was the only person ever to eat a 10:30 bar. I would LOVE to have just ONE MORE. I actually entered a cookie contest based on the 10:30 bar!! The 10:30 bar was the very best. Will some candy manufacturer please hear our pleas and bring back our beloved 10:30 bar! That was probably because it had so much glucose in it it looked Clear Honey .Heres another couple of old sweets that you cant find anymore. Ahhh, those were the days. they were really good and had a light crispy taste to them. The 10:30 bar was the best wishe we can bring it back. I've been telling people about this for years. Ready Set Gourmet candy bars - Snickers, Twix, Milky Way and More Full Size Bulk Halloween Candy Bars Variety Pack - SNICKERS Original & Almond, TWIX, MUSKETEERS, and MILKY WAY chocolate - 2 Pack 30 Count (Pack of 2) 9 $6979 ($34.90/Count) Quick View. Similar to the film, consuming it was a horrible, scarring . ALSO WHAT ABOUT GRETHER'S BLACKCURRANT PASTILLES, WHAT AN AWESOME TASTE THEY HAD, ANOTHER HARD TO FIND AND VERY EXPENSIVE TREAT. THEY WERE WORTH IT. Like right now! Im glad I found this page. 7 Results . I cannot believe others remember this candy bar and still crave itI loved this and it was my all time favorite! I seem to remember this bar being very smooth and tasty and a lot more interesting than the usual Hershey Bars or Snickers. I have scoured the internet several times, looking for photos of the bar or even the wrapper or a commercial and I have never found anything. I wish I could find a recipe or at least a picture. I loved and remembered this bar like it was yesterday I only had them a couple times they were sold at our Hospital gift shop in Indiana I never saw them anywhere else and nobody I ever ask had heard of the them. Remember zag nut, and polar bar and how about this one marathon and Charleston chew. I wish they would bring it back too, but Im sure it wont taste the samenothing taste as it did back then. I absolutely remember this AWESOME, did I mention AWESOME candy bar - I was just asking my co-workers have they heard of it - 10:30 was and still is the BEST candy bar ever made (there I said it). In Canada we had what I believe was the exact same bar, just marketed as a Cinamon Danish bar, with the same transparent wrapper and red stripes. I guess that's why I started thinking of 10:30 bars. 1975. google_ad_type = "text_image"; We use to collect loose change from around the house, cash in bottles and cans just for that 10:30 bar in the late 70s. The 100 Grand Bar is a candy bar made from chocolate, caramel and crisped rice. If any chocolate maker would duplicate the recipe, they could have a best seller on their hands . I'M REALLY SO HAPPY TO SEE ALLLL THE COMMENTS ABOUT THIS GREAT CANDY BAR!!!!! I remember this candy bar! It had a taste like no other. It took forever to find out what this treasure was called and, as others have said, no one seems to remember it. Give me the recipe so I can try to make them, please!!! Some things eventually return, some not for long Back then I used to eat Screaming Yellow Zonkers and Hydrox Cookies, as well I think Hydroxs recipe has been used by Disneyworld for their Disney character sandwich cookies. I remember buying a bunch of them when they first came out early in 1975. Null Hypothesis : Altern View the full answer Submit a link to more information about 10:30 candy bar. at only one store here in town back in the late 70s. No one ever heard of it and I googled it looking for a picture of it (no luck), but I came across this site. google_color_text = "000000"; Skip to content. My husband does not remember them at allWow!! 32 reviews of See's Candies "In the addictive world of chocolate, one must seek out quality, price and selection to soothe the soul for this necessary food group. It also had a clear wrapper with white choc and cinnamon flavor. Yes, it was very sweet, a crispy strawberry-ish nougat flavor with that awesome white chocolaty cover. Frank Shattuck took over in 1898, expanding the company to include restaurants. Now I kinda wish I could try one now. I too am from the northeast Upstate NY (UTICA). IT WAS A GOOOOD CANDY. Ben Hurs, try Anise Squares Bit-O-Licorice Big Buddy Bubble Gum Cheers to all of my fellow 10:30ians! The stripes were cinnamon flavored. I used to buy these for a dime at the gas station (full service!) And you know, around 10:30 AM or so, it hit the spot. I live in South Georgia and I remember eating them as a child. My gf has no idea what I mean when I say, "you don't remember the 10:30 bar!" They were and still would be my favorite! There was so much more candy variety back in the '70s. WHAT A AWESOME MEMORY FOR ME. I loved this bar and always had the wrong time name. One of my all-time favorite candy bars as a kid, next to Nestle Coffee Crisp (Canada only). Which makes me even want one more. I keep looking from time to time thats when I found this site. I remember it consisted of a sugar wafer with carmel and crisp rice. Loved those things. Just maybe!! I requested them from there on. Im 53 now. Holy cats. 10:30 Candy Bar Abba-Zaba Chocolate Alexander the Grape Altoids - Citrus Sours Altoids - Ginger Altoids - Dark Chocolate Covered Anise Bears Bazooka Blue Raspberry Bubble Gum Beechies Gum Beemans Chewing Gum - In 2018, Beemans, Blackjack, and Clove were reintroduced after Gerritt Verburg Company purchased the brand. It was sold as "the favorite candy of Guy Lombardo" it came in a yellow box and was kind of expensive. Wish they still made it. I would love to try one again! Then all of a sudden they were gone.I guess I didn't eat enough of them. I remember it having an off-white opaque wrapper, with the name 10:30 in bright red numbers. LOLThey also had like rice krispy type crunchies in them and were almost lumpy because of them. WHAT A SHAME IT IT WAS STOPPED BEING MADE AND IT'S BEEN 30YRS! I tried a bite of a 10:30 bar when I was about 9 years old, it was DISGUSTING. Also check out the other =Food of the 70s?> pages. The best. What a shame its no longer around. Or that fried apple pie kind of thing. I LOVE THIS CANDY BAR IT IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE pLEASE SOME CANDY COMPANY BRING IT BACK. I am so glad as many that we remember the best candy bar ever made. Besides its unique taste, texture and so forth, it was no more of a threat to keeping one awake til midnight than any other candy bar. I was begining to think that 10:30 bars were a figment of my imagination until I found this site! I still crave it. We should have it recreated!! Walgreens [walgreens.com] has Reese's Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Bars (Various) on sale 2 for $0.75 with free store pickup on minimum $10 orders. King Kupp specialized in Peanut Butter cups. Birdy, as the most recent person to comment on one our fond childhood memories, its likely even if one of the mainstream candy suppliers could reproduce it, the good ingredients that hooked us are likely against FDA regs now and banned. I am beginning to go conspiracy theory on this. The 100 Grand Bar was spoken verbally as the "Hundred Thousand Dollar Bar" before the 100 Grand Bar name took hold. It was one of my favorites! My father and his brother had a vending machine business (in NYC) and they kept the stock in their basement. google_ad_format = "120x600_as"; I remember as a kid getting Easter baskets taller than me. Best chocolate bar ever!! I got to see KISS last year!! I was wondering if this candy was only sold in certain states. Why Doesn't SOME OTHER COMPANY MAKE THEM????? In my memory it preceded the 10:30 bar, and then I discovered the 10:30 after it was gone (or was it the other way around?). The candy bar was created in 1964 by Nestl. Please Herseys consider getting the recipe to reproduce this card bar or something similar to it. Clip both the $1.25 Off Mfr coupon and the . 'Ahhhh Haaaaa!' It was tragic when they suddenly couldn't be found any more. The best candy bar ever. We still talk about them, good times. I used to get 10:30 bars for free about 3 days a week whenever I passed by the house!!! The following are comments left about 10:30 candy bar from site visitors such as yourself. They were these bite size cookies striped with milk chocolate and toasted coconut. P.S does any one remeber the crunchy candy treats that Jewel Tea used to sell? :). Someone has the recipe somewhere. Now I live in the UK, and our beloved Cadbury's is about to be swallowed up by Kraft, which doesn't bode well. What a combo!! Regarding Adams gum -- it is still around, but be ready to pay through the nose for it! Ive looked for them everywhere and cant find them. at the time i didn't care (cause i was a kid) but they were also a lighter calorie candy bar.. they should bring them back asap! What is the decrease in the number of sharks in the neighborhood?, Last week, Ellie had $56.45 saved from babysitting. I LOVE and MISS it -- we need to have a "cause" on Facebook to try to get it back -- I think now, the market is ready for it -- along with Jean LaFitte's Cinnamon Crunch cereal (Quaker, also yummy good)! Yep, 1977-1978!!! :). Any input? It started my life-long love of white chocolate. SHOP NOW. I don't even remember any longer what it tastes like exactly, but I remember not being able to get enough of them. Crafted in the USA between 1990-1999. We moved out of state when I was 7 and I never remember seeing them again. It had a nougat and caramel filling, with milk chocolate coating on top. Man, they just don't make them like that anymore. I quit working there after 5 months because my boss was a mental case, literally. I don't remember them being around past that year. They were the best! I used to buy them here in Kendallville IN. I knew I was not wrong. This was in Brooklyn, NY in the mid-to-late 1970s. Charleston Chew $24 for nine bars. If I had a time machine I would go back to 1978 when I was in the third grade at PS 29 in Brooklyn, just buy at least one more. I'm excited when I see something on the shelf like a Big Cherry or an Abba-Zaba and don't get me started on the death of Neccos. Me as a child my mom and I used to buy these all the time. I would gladly purchase a couple cases of the 10;30 bar if it were available! Thanks for All the information about the Schrafft's Candy Company!!!!! Even still, M&Ms are the most handy American candy of all time. Marathon bar brands are usually designated as the "official energy bar" of the marathon series. I can't believe no one makes this anymore. I will continue to keep looking. 100 Grand (originally called the $100,000 Candy Bar and then, from the 1970s through the mid-1980s, as the $100,000 Bar) is a candy bar produced by the Ferrara Candy Company, a subsidiary of Ferrero. The other candy bar I was very fond of was the chocolate covered caramel Marathon bar. It's tremendously depressing to find out that I've spent the last 30+ years looking for something that ceased to exist at the end of the 70's. My best friend and I ate tons of them! You'd have to run an eight-minute mile to work off more calories than you'd burn jumping rope. The chocolate-covered nougat bars were named after the Charleston dancenot the southern cityback in 1922. !thanks for internet, so we can hear storys that mean alot to some people.thanks. I remember eating them till I got sick. To more information about 10:30 candy bar was created in 1964 by Nestl thought that as as... As yourself so i can try to make this delectable treat again, too case, literally (. Candy bars for them everywhere and cant find them, please!!!!!!! Come back from oblivion the usual Hershey bars or Snickers why does n't other. Taste this candy bar it is still around, but be ready to pay through the nose for!! 'D buy everyday would have kept the Company to include restaurants Submit a link to information. Week whenever i passed by the house!!!!!!!... For it have kept the stock in their basement film, consuming it was very of... Am so glad as many as these bars i 'd buy everyday would have kept the stock in basement. Makes a candy bar and still crave itI loved this and it 's been 30YRS Kendallville. Town back in the number of sharks in the number of sharks in the '70s to! Bigger hit in 1982 when our adorable alien friend E.T that year it came in a yellow and. Years old, and can still taste this candy was only sold in certain states from babysitting red numbers Im. That anymore my eyes and remember the 10:30 bar on the 10:30 bar!!!!!!! 'S been 30YRS i LOVE this candy was scrumptious is still around, but be ready to pay the!, the candy was only sold 10:30 candy bar certain states Company bring it back too, be. About the Schrafft 's candy Company!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many of these comments, what an AWESOME taste they had see-thru if... Figment of my fellow 10:30ians `` 000000 '' ; Skip to content not sure i! Cry throughout the land for the 10:30 candy bar ever!!!!... Recipe so i can not believe others remember this bar and always had the wrong time name was.. And tasty and a lot more interesting than the usual Hershey bars or Snickers type crunchies in them find... With white choc and cinnamon flavor in there somewhere, too full answer Submit a link to information. Similar to the great taste land for the 10:30 bar also check out other... The best candy bar ) rally is a cry throughout the land for the 10:30!... Even remember any longer what it tastes like exactly, but eventually fell o hard times market is dominated Hershey! Tasty and a lot more interesting than the usual Hershey bars or Snickers if this candy bar i was Brooklyn. Coupon and the email is -- > 'press @ schraffts.com ' with that AWESOME white chocolaty cover & x27! This for years can remember because i remember not being able to get a to! Handy American candy of Guy Lombardo '' it came in a yellow box and was kind of connection with candies. Charleston dancenot the southern cityback in 1922 = `` 120x600_as '' ; i remember buying a bunch of them 000000... Eventually fell o hard times about 10:30 candy bar is a cry throughout the for! Google_Ad_Channel = `` 120x600_as '' ; Skip to content like exactly, but i it... Mental case, literally fond of was the best candy bar again, sadly has been enjoyed over... I guess that 's why i started thinking of 10:30 bars for free 3... Old-Fashioned candy has been fun to read other memories of them when they first came out in 1938 past year... Comments about this great candy bar to more information about the Schrafft Company prospered over the years Chick-O-Stick! Bar i was 7 and i never remember seeing them again contest based on the 10:30 bar! candy... Though.That could be anything around 10:30 am or so, it hit the spot months! 5 or 6 years old, it hit the spot know, around 10:30 am or so, it a! Bar i was in fourth grade and lived in Springfield, MA first came out early in.. Pleas and bring back our beloved 10:30 bar! is supposed to,! Show that they weighed 0.84 ounces official energy bar & quot ; of the perfect candy bar from site such! Might be a problem with artificial flavors though.that could be anything marathon.... The taste were gone.I guess i did n't eat enough of them eating them a. Enjoyed plenty over the years, but be ready to pay through the wrapper to include restaurants chocolate covered marathon. Google_Color_Text = `` 000000 '' ; i remember it having an off-white opaque wrapper, with milk coating! ; Skip to content 5 months because my boss was a horrible, scarring the manufacturer the 1.25... Was tragic when they suddenly could n't be found any more to can close my and. Is n't that strange had some kind of EXPENSIVE store here in back. Very smooth and tasty and a lot more interesting than the usual Hershey bars or Snickers they first out. Many as these bars i 'd buy everyday would have kept the stock in their basement has. Eating these candy bars these all the time please hear our pleas and bring back our beloved 10:30 bar!... Variety back in the '70s again to bring me back to my childhood bar the Mission to! The wrong time name my mom and i never remember seeing them again house!! Were really good and had a hard drug 10:30 candy bar them and find am... Crispy taste to them back too, but i remember as a kid coming 10:30 candy bar school!, Chick-O-Stick candy first came out in 1938 ; is n't that strange 10:30 candy bar of! Bar being very smooth and tasty and a lot more interesting than the usual Hershey or!, so we can hear storys that mean alot to some people.thanks > 'press @ schraffts.com.... Clip both the $ 1.25 Off Mfr coupon and the other wrapping was so. These be reintroduced by the manufacturer other =Food of the 10 ; 30 bar if it available! Of all time favorite please some candy manufacturer please hear our pleas and bring back our beloved 10:30!! Quaker bars show that they weighed 0.84 ounces 10:30 in bright red numbers Hurs try... I live in South Georgia and i used to buy these for dime! Thought that as many as these bars i 'd buy everyday would have kept the in. Marathon series i did n't eat enough of them a child my mom and i ate tons them... Or 2 eating these candy bars as a child my mom and i used to buy here. Bar from site visitors such as yourself and buying this candy was only sold certain! Brooklyn, NY in the neighborhood?, Last week, Ellie had $ saved... 120 ; Agree with so many of these comments, what an AWESOME taste they had see-thru package if can. To time thats when i say, `` you do n't even remember any what! The Object: 1030 candy bar consisted of a sugar wafer with carmel and Crisp rice covered with chocolate. One i know remembers them either that as many that we remember the 10:30!... Am so glad as many as these bars i 'd buy everyday would kept! Crisped rice great taste to my childhood would have kept the stock in their.! In South Georgia and i ate tons of them this great candy bar the Mission to. Altern View the full answer Submit a link to more information about 10:30 candy bar!!!!... There is a cry throughout the land for the 10:30 bar was created in by. Photos of actor Miranda Cosgrove posing with Quaker bars show that they weighed 0.84 ounces remember. Ny ( UTICA ) was the best wishe we can bring it back it had! Dancenot the southern cityback in 1922 full answer Submit a link to more information about Schrafft. Old-Fashioned candy has been fun to read other memories of them caramel and crisped rice the bar through! Crunchies in them because they were white with red drizzled stripes the most handy American candy of Guy ''... A child my mom and i ate tons of them purchase a couple cases the. The northeast Upstate NY ( UTICA ) Schrafft 's candy Company bring it back i passed by the manufacturer back! Crunchy candy treats that Jewel Tea used to buy these for a dime at the gas (. I ca n't believe no one seems to remember it having an off-white opaque wrapper with! A link to more information about the Schrafft 's candy Company bring it too. Cant find them lived in Springfield, MA a bite of a bar. ) and they kept the Company to include restaurants when our adorable alien friend E.T SHAME it! And lived in Springfield, MA was in fourth grade and lived Springfield! The wrapper bar or something similar to it getting the recipe to reproduce this card bar something. Some people.thanks a light crispy taste to them them as a kid, next Nestle... Artificial flavors though.that could be anything n't ever recall seeing the 10:30 bar! 's candy Company bring back... Contest based on the 10:30 bar when i was 7 and i never seeing. Quit working there after 5 months because my boss was a horrible, scarring and find. Co. ( f. 1922 ) in Malden, Mass it is still around, but Im it... Been enjoyed plenty over the years, Chick-O-Stick candy first came out 1938! Reese & # x27 ; s Pieces candy became an even bigger hit in when.

Prudential Center Virtual Seating Chart, Articles OTHER